PDA

View Full Version : Prediction thread: TFC vs Crew 28 Mar 03

Yohan
03-23-2009, 08:07 PM
So, who do you think will win?

My thoughts after seeing Columbus at Houston game
-Columbus midfield got bogged down by Houston midfield and couldn't really generate anything. Ekpo I thought had a terrible game, and he is the guy suppose to run their midfield just behind Schelotto. Schelotto's goal came from a long ball that a Crew sub striker chested down to Schelotto to score.
-Robbie Rogers got taken off at half time. Dunno what he's status. If he's not playing, it will be a massive boost for us, because that kid can play.
-Columbus back 4 is about solid as they get. However, Hejduk is not playing. Dunno who is their back up RB is. LB Padula is about solid as they come, but he is rather old and can be beaten with pace. CBs Marshall and O'Rourke is about solid as they come in MLS
-Despite having a solid team, Houston still managed to create some decent chances. From what I saw, Crew let Houston have few open headers that Houston missed. Overlapping runs with proper spacing gave some of their defenders problems, which led to Houston's goal. Late game saw the Crew defence overstretched as they went 3-4-3 to try to tie the game and Houston took advantage.
-Moreno is going to be a huge threat as he draws a lot of contact and fouls. Has ability to hold up the ball pretty well. Our CBs are going to have their handsful.
-Schelotto is a prick and diving bastard, but he is still class. Crew deadball plays are something to watch for, esp. Marshall and Hejduk going forward.

So with that into consideration, I have to say that the Crew will play better at home. I think TFC definitely has a chance, but it will be interesting to see how the midfield battle play out, and whether Moreno and Schelotto give our CBs fits, esp since our CBs aren't really natural CBs.
If I was Carver, I'd put Dichio at start, as Crew didn't look very good defending in the air, though it may be just an off game for Marshall and O'Rourke who normally are pretty good in the air.

I think a 2-2 draw is in the works. (please win TFC!)

Nuvinho
03-23-2009, 08:11 PM
No Moreno and Hejduk

MUFC_Niagara
03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I am going to say a very usefull 1-1. A draw of some sort for sure......although I am praying to the football gods for all 3 points.

spezz44
03-23-2009, 08:17 PM
i voted win based on, the players teh crew are missing due to international duty. although guevara and robbo are missin for toronto, i believe that we have a deeper bench, and with the 2000 travelling support will give them a huge boost.

BuSaPuNk
03-23-2009, 08:24 PM
I think this will most likely come out with a draw...and really that is what we want. If we can beat the champs (god I hate that) and get the 3 points all the better.

gmacpheetfc
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
early line is 4.55 for TFC can you say value!

T_Mizz
03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
^When will they learn? someone said last week to parlay over/TFC to make 60 off a 10 dollar bet, I just hope someone took his advice

Yohan
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
No Moreno and Hejduk
Moreno got called up for Venezuela?

This does change the equation quite a bit

gmacpheetfc
03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
this week over and TFC pays 10 to 1 check.

Nuvinho
03-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Moreno got called up for Venezuela?

This does change the equation quite a bit

I think so. I saw somewhere that he was called up, but can't find the article.....unless it was for the Feb 11th game.

RedRum
03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
^When will they learn? someone said last week to parlay over/TFC to make 60 off a 10 dollar bet, I just hope someone took his advice

Not only that I called the 3-2 score in the predictiction thread. Throw that into the parlay and the payout would have been insane.

Checking the thread though it seems a few cashed in. Good on ya who did :drinking:

rocker
03-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I think so. I saw somewhere that he was called up, but can't find the article.....unless it was for the Feb 11th game.

here it is... Moreno, Oughton, and Hejduk ....

http://www.tribalfootball.com/oughton-moreno-fit-columbus-crew-233609

Nuvinho
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
from the big soccer crew board, one poster's projected lineup:

-----------Hesmer----------
Danny O--Iro--Marshall--Padula
-----------Carroll-------------
Gaven------Ekpo---------Grendi
----------Schelotto-----------
-----------Lenhart-------------

Subs bench (everyone else on the roster): Andy G, Zayner, Brunner, Nyazamba, Burns, Elenio, Garey.

Out: Rogers (hammy), Noonan (herniated disc), Moffat (knee), Oughton (International Duty), Moreno (International Duty), Hejduk (International Duty).

James17930
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
That's a really weakened line-up.

I actually feel confident of a win.

GlenM
03-23-2009, 09:33 PM

Nice!

GlenM
03-23-2009, 09:35 PM
No Moreno and Hejduk

Let the excuses begin...

No mercy!

But I'm thinking TFC wins 2-1 in extra time!

Payback.

GlenM

egoodwin
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
2-2 draw

DeRo to score along with Vitti

ThunderTundra
03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
2-1 TFC

Winner scored in the 82nd minute after two quick goals

DeRo scores his first in the first half, Barret seals the deal

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-23-2009, 09:59 PM

all over it!....

David_Oliveira
03-23-2009, 10:29 PM
2-1 Toronto because Columbus doesn't have some key players

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
2-1 TFC

Winner scored in the 82nd minute after two quick goals

DeRo scores his first in the first half, Barret seals the deal

honestly choke barrett wont be scoring any time soon , well see a hat trick for vitti :canada::D

twistedchinaman
03-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Craplumbus 1-4 TFC

Vitti 21'
Barrett 37'
Shitlotto 47'+
De Rosario 77'
Ibrahim 91'+

Cashcleaner
03-24-2009, 01:49 AM
2-1 draw with DeRo and Barrett scoring for TFC.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-24-2009, 01:55 AM
IF there is any game i want to win this year!!!!! IT's this ONE!!!

Pachuco
03-24-2009, 08:29 AM
2-2 Draw is my prediction. (and I would be happy with that result)

Pachuco
03-24-2009, 08:30 AM
2-1 draw with DeRo and Barrett scoring for TFC.

I didn't realize you could draw by scoring less goals then the oposition in MLS? :D

Technorgasm
03-24-2009, 08:33 AM
After the display we saw on Sat. . . I have no choice but to go with Toronto Win

They will score first.

We will score last.

WE'RE . . GONNA. . SCORE. . . ONE. . MORE. . . THAN . . YOU!

Yohan
03-24-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm kinda feeling better knowing that Moron is not playing. Only have to worry about Shitlicker and his antics.
No Hejduk. No Rogers.

Don't fuck this up lads!

CoachGT
03-24-2009, 08:43 AM
A tight 2-0 game with the goals coming from Barrett and Vitti.

DOMIN8R
03-24-2009, 09:14 AM
What we knew....

No Captain Frankie Hejduk, and its leading scorer from last season, Alejandro Moreno. Also absent will be veteran midfielder Duncan Oughton for the first of two United States World Cup qualifiers this month. Moreno will play South American qualifiers for Venezuela against Argentina and Colombia. Oughton will play for New Zealand in a pair of exhibitions

Now get this.......the injuries are piling up. Guess this is what happens when you don't have your very own Paul Winsper.

Starting midfielder Rogers (left hamstring) underwent a magnetic resonance imaging late yesterday and could be out.

Adam Moffat (knee) is out.

Pat Noonan (back) is still at least a month away from playing.

Like I said....the news just keeps getting better!

Now if we could just bring a net big enough to catch the trout that keeps flopping around on the pitch.

http://rlv.zcache.com/john_carver_versus_schelotto_tshirt-p235394020034495305qkh1_210.jpg

T-Bird
03-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I have to say Toronto. They are comming off a really great win and I think we are going to see them come out really strong and play more confidently than we have seen in a loong time.

Score: 2-1

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-24-2009, 01:30 PM
2-1 TFC.....a columbus own goal in the 89th minute breaks the tie!!

giambac
03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
So, who do you think will win?

My thoughts after seeing Columbus at Houston game
-Columbus midfield got bogged down by Houston midfield and couldn't really generate anything. Ekpo I thought had a terrible game, and he is the guy suppose to run their midfield just behind Schelotto. Schelotto's goal came from a long ball that a Crew sub striker chested down to Schelotto to score.
-Robbie Rogers got taken off at half time. Dunno what he's status. If he's not playing, it will be a massive boost for us, because that kid can play.
-Columbus back 4 is about solid as they get. However, Hejduk is not playing. Dunno who is their back up RB is. LB Padula is about solid as they come, but he is rather old and can be beaten with pace. CBs Marshall and O'Rourke is about solid as they come in MLS
-Despite having a solid team, Houston still managed to create some decent chances. From what I saw, Crew let Houston have few open headers that Houston missed. Overlapping runs with proper spacing gave some of their defenders problems, which led to Houston's goal. Late game saw the Crew defence overstretched as they went 3-4-3 to try to tie the game and Houston took advantage.
-Moreno is going to be a huge threat as he draws a lot of contact and fouls. Has ability to hold up the ball pretty well. Our CBs are going to have their handsful.
-Schelotto is a prick and diving bastard, but he is still class. Crew deadball plays are something to watch for, esp. Marshall and Hejduk going forward.

So with that into consideration, I have to say that the Crew will play better at home. I think TFC definitely has a chance, but it will be interesting to see how the midfield battle play out, and whether Moreno and Schelotto give our CBs fits, esp since our CBs aren't really natural CBs.
If I was Carver, I'd put Dichio at start, as Crew didn't look very good defending in the air, though it may be just an off game for Marshall and O'Rourke who normally are pretty good in the air.

I think a 2-2 draw is in the works. (please win TFC!)

It's going to be a tough match in Columbus.
Columbus is a solid team and TFC is playing their second consecutive road game. A win would be great in coming back for our home opener with 6 points.
However I don't see this happening. I would be content with a tie on the road.
My prection is 2-1 Columbus or perhaps we can tie at 2-2.

Hope I'm wrong.

Wagner
03-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Dichio scores our 4th goal to win 4-0,
and then goes on to Bitch Slap Shitletto for diving like a whiney cunt.
Schitletto responds by lying in the fetal position, crying like a little bitch.

RedRum
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
4-1 TFC. Dero with 2, Vitti, and Serioux with an authoritative header off a set piece.

Snoop
03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I believe we will put 3 by Columbus. They are the defending champs but I think both Vitti and Dero will definitely open there accounts for TFC. Whether our defense lets in one or two goals shall be seen. I doubt we will keep a clean sheet but one can always hope.

tim90
03-24-2009, 03:03 PM
2to 1

Technorgasm
03-24-2009, 03:28 PM
HOW MANY SUPPORTERS ARE WE BRINGING DOWN THERE APPROX?

100?
500?
700?
1000?
more?

anyone?

bueller?

RedRum
03-24-2009, 04:17 PM
2000 minimum, maybe as much as 2500. How many you call supporters is subjective though.

gtaguy
03-24-2009, 05:32 PM
i would love to pull a win out of columbus . I will settle for a tie against the league champs. but with robinson and guevara on intl duty i think this might weaken our midfield .. i will give the tfc an edge on this one 2-1 Frei gets his second win of the season. Dero gets his first and barrett finally figures out how to finish in style..
All you lucky travelling supporters make us proud.. don't end up in a columbus jail..

TFC USA
03-24-2009, 05:34 PM
TFC - 5000

KKKolumbus - 2

Goals from DeRo and Vitti followed by hat tricks by all the TFC fans in attendance.

Diabl0
03-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I say Toronto wins 1-0

MUFC_Niagara
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I am going to say a very usefull 1-1. A draw of some sort for sure......although I am praying to the football gods for all 3 points.

Just quoting so everyone knows ;) 1st page to see for yourself....

Ratven
03-30-2009, 12:19 PM
2-1 TFC.....a columbus own goal in the 89th minute breaks the tie!!

Good call Niagara, but I think this is crazier :D

MUFC_Niagara
03-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Good call Niagara, but I think this is crazier :D

Ya that is pretty crazy actually.