PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver's MLS 2011

nascarguy
03-23-2009, 04:46 PM
SoccerByIves (http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves)Vancouver's MLS 2011 Expansion group sold 5,000 season ticket deposits in 48 hours, selling out its initial allotment of deposits.3pm (http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/1377163596) from web

T_Mizz
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Is this a thing in Canada? not being able to ever get to see your own team play at home?

ginkster88
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Dammit I forgot about this. I'm moving out west so I'm thinking of picking up Whitecaps tickets and selling everything but the TFC ones... at face value of course :)

nascarguy
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
callitfootball (http://twitter.com/callitfootball)Vancouver ticket deposit sales reach 4,750 in just over a day - just 250 left during this window7:00 PM Mar 22nd (http://twitter.com/callitfootball/status/1372561356) from web

Keegan
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
What Canada needs now is multiple teams in each city :D

Toronto can be Canada's London
Vancouver can be Canada's Manchester
and Montreal can be Canada's Liverpool

Wow imagine those derbys. Montreal Impact vs. Olympique Montreal

Toronto FC vs. Toronto Blizzard (that would be so cool)

Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Vancouver City

redcard
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
even though i hate the whitecraps...i hope this means that once the team starts up in the mls that the stadium will be full...it will just be more reason to give Canada more teams...

T_Mizz
03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
As much as it should show the MLS that canada is serious about soccer it may not matter because the decision may already have been made by the time Vancouver first kicks off
PS ginkster what's with the Stangs logo?

ginkster88
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
As much as it should show the MLS that canada is serious about soccer it may not matter because the decision may already have been made by the time Vancouver first kicks off
PS ginkster what's with the Stangs logo?

My future alma mater :).

And I put a year in with the water polo team.

T_Mizz
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM

You go to school here? or you're going to go to school here? ie you're in high school?

ginkster88
03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
You go to school here? or you're going to go to school here? ie you're in high school?

I'm in my fourth year, but I need to do a fifth due to a change in majors on the way. Taking a year off next year though for some stuff... the plan is to come back to finish but we'll see.

graeme117
03-23-2009, 09:01 PM

sorry i'd like to win the concacaf champion's league ;)

devioustrevor
03-24-2009, 12:42 AM

sorry i'd like to win the concacaf champion's league ;)

It just popped. We need some moneybags to get a USL-1 team in London and have them qualify for and then win the Champions League, this needs to happen before Chelsea or Arsenal ever get their act together so London, Ontario will be able to claim a Champions League before it's namesake city.

drewski
03-24-2009, 07:12 AM

:thumbsup:

UWO engineering class of 2003

god how i miss that place

drewski
03-24-2009, 07:18 AM
It just popped. We need some moneybags to get a USL-1 team in London and have them qualify for and then win the Champions League, this needs to happen before Chelsea or Arsenal ever get their act together so London, Ontario will be able to claim a Champions League before it's namesake city.

let the pdl team win back to back championships in their first two years before moving them up :D

nascarguy
03-24-2009, 07:20 AM

Montreal can be Canada's Liverpool... fuck that

drewski
03-24-2009, 07:21 AM
wait, I thought Montreal was already Canada's dirty little secret none of us is proud of?

maninb
03-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble...but England has 60 million people living in a country the size of S. Ontario...The GTA won't have enough soccer fans to support 2 or more teams until 2015 at the earliest.

Redcoe15
03-24-2009, 09:12 AM
wait, I thought Montreal was already Canada's dirty little secret none of us is proud of?
What? Not proud of their peeler palaces downtown?

B45
03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
:thumbsup:

UWO engineering class of 2003

god how i miss that place

agreed! Clas of '04 Soc...

Would love to see a USL-1 team at TD Waterhourse Stadium, or CFL. Just a good environment for sports there.

Keegan
03-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble...but England has 60 million people living in a country the size of S. Ontario...The GTA won't have enough soccer fans to support 2 or more teams until 2015 at the earliest.

it was a joke but I guess you can't expect everyone to catch it

I guess I also forgot to take into account that football is a more popular sport in England than Canada? :noidea: It's close though hahahaha

I can see Toronto supporting two teams though. Absolutely. Look at ticket demand for Toronto FC with TFC's season ticket waiting list you could sell out another team's STs. If LA can support two teams so can Toronto!

Bender
03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
agreed! Clas of '04 Soc...

Would love to see a USL-1 team at TD Waterhourse Stadium, or CFL. Just a good environment for sports there.

Screw the pointy ball.... I am all for a USL-1 in London tho!

werewolf
03-24-2009, 06:40 PM
If LA can support two teams so can Toronto!

I would rather have one Toronto team then the two LA has...

gtaguy
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
to be realistic if it weren't for the fact that toronto fc entered the league before the usl white craps.(residue of tfc momentum taking place) Does anyone in thier mind think that they would have sold so many seasons tix .. Torontofc set the precedence for many many years to come on teams that join the mls.. Eigtherwise they would be reporting a total of 5000 seasons tix for thier inagural season.
Now don't get me wrong what i want to say is that by toronto showing such strong support for our team we have inevitably given all other franchises reasons to go above and beyond..
WTG vancouverites im glad to see you guys supporting the mls much like we do .. but never ever doubt that tfc will
always outclass you(words of war).
ps: if you guys were so awsome why did tfc get the first ever mls team in toronto and not vancouver...