PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs SOUNDERS..it has begun.

BRed
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
We must hold our ground. The team has done us proud scoring 3 first game goals away from home field showing us their dedication to this season. Now it is our turn as the fans to do our part. For our home openner.Seatlle thinks they have out done us with the season tickets? they think they got us with 3 first game goals? Well it's time to take it to the next level. May I suggest for home openner..."When Doves Cry" & FLARESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course flare will be thrown in beginning of game, on field (somewhere safe) to intimtidate opponent, to let them know what the fuck they just got themselves into, to let them know the stands are shaking and the field is exploding because they have just stepped into the nightmare under the sun, the jungle in the smoke..THE FORTRESS!!!

BRed

Joe Kool
03-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't throw flares...I don't want one in the back of the head if you suck at throwing. (please be a safety hazard somewhere else) Also, it damages our pretty plastic pitch.

colman1860
03-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Never mind.

Daveisonfire
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I appreciate the enthusiasm...but flares are a no-go.

kodiakTFC
03-22-2009, 10:14 PM
First off, no flares. Secondly, why would you even want to for a 4pm start?

BRed
03-22-2009, 10:20 PM
BUT GUYsssssss...........

I been to Serie A game in Italy to watch Inter and you must understand the importance of flares in soccer. Oh well, I guess I was dreaming for that to happen here.

All I know is we have to do something..maybe we have to bring an extra pocket full of screamers....Please Brainstorm

Cambridge_Red
03-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry I did promise to stop posting here but here's a protip if you're going to throw a flare the new security at BMO will have your ass straight out the stadium asap.

Daveisonfire
03-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Let your voice be your flare, for it will burn the full ninety.

Nuvinho
03-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I like the signs idea better.....with the xbox 3 red lights of death....now that is funny......hahaha!!!!

BRed
03-22-2009, 10:27 PM
LOL..I been trying to copy and paste this JPG I did of that exact idea, I didn't know you guys came up with it while I was trying lol...But yes, let's get a banner with ring of death and the seattle sounders logo in the middle THAT WOULD BE CLASSIC....

ExiledRed
03-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Flares.

shit! that would look amazing. How come nobody ever suggested this before?

BRed
03-22-2009, 10:34 PM
See my avatar..sorry I don't know how to paste it here. My attachment is too large.

ExiledRed
oh wait.

this HAS been suggested before.

BRed, are you new? or just slow?

FluSH
here we go...

BRed
03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
here we go...

LOL..new, not slow. Where is the link? Is it being done?

if not..Do ittt. do itttt..

Flipityflu
03-22-2009, 10:39 PM
you pretty much going to get a negative reaction to flares here. i actually don't mind the smokes, the smell reminds me of pyro used in the military, but alot of people find it irritating.

ExiledRed
03-22-2009, 10:42 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2007/03/bear-how-about-no.jpg
(http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2007/03/bear-how-about-no.jpg)

Erkan16
03-22-2009, 11:52 PM
being raised off Turkish soccer and Galatasaray, I know all about flares trust me... that being said I have tried my hand at getting us in the flare spirit but it just doesnt fly in Canada.

its a fight you wont win here, so take my advice and let it go.

RicoSuave44
03-23-2009, 12:48 AM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2007/03/bear-how-about-no.jpg
(http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2007/03/bear-how-about-no.jpg)

this, this is great. i love this picture

flatpicker
03-23-2009, 01:04 AM
sure flares look great at those games... but it just isn't part of our support.
For one thing, we have mostly daytime games and flares just don't have the desired effect during sunlight hours.

But the main issue here is we don't play on a grass pitch!
Flares that end up on the playing surface simply melt the field!
Then the FO has to pay to have that part of the surface replaced.
Not to mention there is a big melted hole in the pitch during the rest of the game.

BRed
03-23-2009, 01:15 AM

ExileRED.....I just wanted the link, you don't have to put poo poo on your face.

I guess what I'm trying to say with this post is we have to try and do something over the top or new in our home openner. We just have to raise the bar so the rest of the league is put on notice as to where the most hostile field to play on is.

RedWookie
03-23-2009, 01:17 AM
^
How about having the best supporters groups out there? I think that works

ExiledRed
03-23-2009, 01:28 AM
ExileRED.....I just wanted the link, you don't have to put poo poo on your face.

I guess what I'm trying to say with this post is we have to try and do something over the top or new in our home openner. We just have to raise the bar so the rest of the league is put on notice as to where the most hostile field to play on is.

Nothing to say that hasnt been said a million times before.

If we could have flares we would, but we can't.

The pitch is flammable, canadian health and safety laws prevent it, and the first whiff of one is going to increase security measures and harm alcohol priveleges.

There is no for or against. Yes they would look amazing, no we can't have them. You want to do something new, find something that's not going to get you or somebody else kicked out.

Shakes McQueen
03-23-2009, 06:04 AM
No thanks. Feel free to throw a flare in the parking lot.

MLS isn't the same as Serie A. When we visit rival grounds, their supporters drink beer and hang out with us in the parking lot before the game. In Serie A, those people would be fighting in the stands, or have 400 police officers standing between them.

Some quirks of European football culture, are best left in Europe.

And of course, I'm not really interested in melting a hole in our pitch.

- Scott

Mikey
03-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Flares? Pfffft!

a REAL supporter would pour gas over themselves and run a flaming lap of honour around the pitch....... cos thats what supporting TFC is all about. :rolleyes:

maninb
03-23-2009, 07:13 AM
No thanks. Feel free to throw a flare in the parking lot.

MLS isn't the same as Serie A. When we visit rival grounds, their supporters drink beer and hang out with us in the parking lot before the game. In Serie A, those people would be fighting in the stands, or have 400 police officers standing between them.

Some quirks of European football culture, are best left in Europe.

And of course, I'm not really interested in melting a hole in our pitch.

- Scott

Well said....We're NOT EUROPE...so why try to be...I don't really hate any other teams or their supporters, with the exception of Columbus...

Phil
03-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Okay, we all know the score - Flares would be great if they didn't melt the pitch, they will so no flares.

I am going to close this before it gets worse.