PDA

View Full Version : TFC fans in Kansas City

FCBarcelona
03-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Thought i would say i was impressed with the TFC fans (what 50 of them) oot signing the 9,950 KC fans all night long. Thoses guys probally have no voices today but it was well worth it, no doubt the TFC players had to be impressed with them.
Should be a bigger TFC ARMY next game in Columbus.

It does show that TFC fans are the best in the MLS and teams like Seattle will copy us .:D

Parkdale
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
word on the street is that the KC arena started playing music over the crowd to drown out the TFC Road Warriors,.

can anyone confirm / deny this?

pekduck
03-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Can you hear Kansas sing?

jabbronies
03-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Noooooooooooo NOOOOOOOOOOOO

pekduck
03-22-2009, 10:52 AM

SilverSamurai
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Noooooooo noooooooooo!

pekduck
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM

Noooooooooooo NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Noooooooo noooooooooo!

Can you hear Kansas sing? :D

TFC 420
03-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I Can't Hear A fuckin' Thing!

rocktml
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I loved when they started to sing "Can you hear Kansas sing"

Ron Manager
03-22-2009, 01:16 PM

That was sweet. The away team were in full voice all night long. Well done boys and girls.

twistedchinaman
03-22-2009, 01:28 PM

我聽不到!!

:D

Rhapido
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM

Equally priceless was when we sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Game".

Giving them a couple of belts of "This Is Our House" also went over well, as did "O Canada" thru injury time.

Ouch!

forza_tfc
03-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Ouch!

Well done!

james
03-22-2009, 01:37 PM
was Kansas really that bad that like 100 TFC fans out sang Kansas City or was it just that the microhpones were positioned right where u guys were?

dantdot
03-22-2009, 01:43 PM
KC's post game thread on BS, an entertaining read :D

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=978772

dantdot
03-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Danny's twitter:

Funniest moment of the night= TFC fans in the stadium taking over the USA anthem and showing the Wizards fans how its sung. 23 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/DannyDichio/statuses/1371385593)

james
03-22-2009, 02:08 PM

i agree with the fact Guavera was diving like he had been shot several times last night. WTF i dont like when players do that shit whether they on are team or against us, its just bad soccer!

heather
03-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I've caught a nasty cold so watched the game from my couch with some friends.

At first I thought KC was using the same chants as us.. then quickly realized it was the Toronto supporters that I was hearing!
Throughout the entire match your voices were loud and proud :) it was a thing of beauty to join the supporters who went to KC in their chants.. especially Dichio24 (Oh how I've missed that in the off season!)

Can't wait for Columbus! :D

Brooker
03-22-2009, 03:07 PM

the only time i heard them singing that, Kansas scored right after.

other than that it was fantastic. :D

Chevy
03-22-2009, 03:13 PM

Pretty balanced comments, I must say. In most cases giving big props to those that made the trip down. Well done!

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2009, 03:14 PM
It was amazing listening to Dichio24 coming across loud and clear during the GOLTV broadcast.

It would have been nice if the commentators had recognized the fact and mentioned it!

Bobo
03-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Giving them a couple of belts of "This Is Our House" also went over well, as did "O Canada" thru injury time.

Fantastic job by our fans but that I find stupid. If Americans were to sing their anthem or chant U-S-A, we'd call them ignorant yankees.

JDG
03-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Fantastic job by our fans but that I find stupid. If Americans were to sing their anthem or chant U-S-A, we'd call them ignorant yankees.

Not ignorant, just unimaginative. That's pretty much all the crowd can come up with at a MNT game, so it's valid.
O Canada in injury time is inspired and original.

JDG
03-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Pretty balanced comments, I must say. In most cases giving big props to those that made the trip down. Well done!

I just read through the pages and find it refreshing to find opposing fans who don't feel a need to bash us. They talk about the game and issues with their own support, with no sign of being threatened by us at all.
Admirable.

CretanBull
03-22-2009, 05:28 PM
I just got home from KC. I'm wiped out, too tired to write about it but all-round it was a great experience.

Hand of Justice! Hand of Justice! Hand of Justice!

(that's care of the K supporters :D)

Stugatzo
03-22-2009, 05:28 PM
The KC fans, for the most part, were amazing to us before the game.
The take me out to the ballgame bit was fucking gold!
Parky, we wouldn't know if they played music over us because we had no PA in our section...but it's possible!

Stugatzo
03-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I just got home from KC. I'm wiped out, too tired to write about it but all-round it was a great experience.

Boris and the HOJ!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/stugatzo/DSC02295.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/stugatzo/DSC02296.jpg

TorCanSoc
03-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I didn't hear it in the broadcast, but "take me out the ballgame" would've been absolutely hilarious to hear.

Agreed with others, the KC supporters seem more concerned about the actual game. And some about reducing the swearing, which I (as a an old prude) support.

boban
03-22-2009, 06:44 PM
.. And some about reducing the swearing, which I (as a an old prude) support.
I am in total agreement with this. Except the old prude part. ;)

H Bomb
03-22-2009, 06:52 PM
^^ Fuuuuuuuuuuck that

Brooker
03-22-2009, 07:16 PM
The Stranger (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000385/): Do you have to use so many cuss words?
The Dude (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000313/): What the fuck you talking about?
The Stranger (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000385/): Okay, Dude. Have it your way.

cementhead
03-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Just got back!Great time in KC there supports where nothing but classy.Thank DOMIN8R for ride to the airport.Charlie and Frankie nice bunking with yous!
Now Lets Bring IT To Columbus Clowns!

DOMIN8R
03-22-2009, 07:19 PM
I'll try and post some pics tomorrow. We had a great time. 3 points, resonable hosts, good BBQ and lots of libation.

Chevy
03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
How many made the trip?

DOMIN8R
03-22-2009, 07:34 PM
~ 100 not everyone sat together though. Don't ask.

Bloor West FC
03-22-2009, 07:34 PM
it was amazing!! Got home around 7:20 and watched the first part of the game already LOL. KC couldron fans are great as always. Great hospitality.

The chanting was wow. I almost lost everything. The bounce was the shit. Brought everybody together. Just wait till we do it in Columbus!!!

Had a blast!!

rocktml
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
How many ppl are making the trip to Columbus?

TheWolf
03-22-2009, 09:14 PM
How many ppl are making the trip to Columbus?

i would also like to know this

adamdz
03-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Roughly 2000 last I heard. Could be more could be less. South end is sold out, that's a large enough crowd :D.

VPjr
03-22-2009, 09:57 PM
i agree with the fact Guavera was diving like he had been shot several times last night. WTF i dont like when players do that shit whether they on are team or against us, its just bad soccer!

wrong...not bad soccer...that's called winning soccer. it kills time and frustrates the opponent. Refs almost never add time for that stuff, making it even more positive from a strategic point of view. The people who complain about it are generally people who've never played or coached at a high level. Ask a top level coach or a former player what they think about Guevara's time wasting antics and you'll generally get approval (unless they're from the British isles possibly).

when you have the lead, you kill time, however you have to do it.

I hate it when other teams do it against us because it is SO EFFECTIVE.

I get pissed when I don't see our players doing what they need to do to kill off more time when we are trying to hold a lead. I was yelling at the screen last night in the 2nd half extra time begging our guys to hold the ball, run to the corner, do whatever, just don't turn it over cheaply.

having said all that...good work travelling supporters. I'm watching the rebroadcast on GOLtv right now and you guys sounded great.

Vince Whirlwind
03-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Thought we all did a great job in KC singing our hearts out. Couldn't really hear what the "Cauldron' was doing, but we were at least their equal if not better.

KC Fans to our immediate right appreciated our respect shown for their anthem

Came across two complete Wizard Supporter morons, but 99.9% were great!

BEST PART: Flew home on the same plane as the team! Dichio and Brennan were pretty much right next to me/Sutton behind. Awesome capper to the trip!

rocker
03-22-2009, 10:10 PM
so how is Community America Ballpark as a soccer venue?

Vinny Dichio
03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
so how is Community America Ballpark as a soccer venue?

Considering the game was being played out of a baseball stadium, not that bad. With the exception of the odd placed light post that was situated right in front our stands. My fond memorie of the trip was singing the American national anthem right after the Canadian anthem and then being confronted by a wizards supporter during halftime about how we disrespected their anthem. You had to see the dumb look on his face when we told him that we were singing along to the star spangled banner.

CretanBull
03-22-2009, 10:20 PM
wrong...not bad soccer...that's called winning soccer. it kills time and frustrates the opponent. Refs almost never add time for that stuff, making it even more positive from a strategic point of view. The people who complain about it are generally people who've never played or coached at a high level. Ask a top level coach or a former player what they think about Guevara's time wasting antics and you'll generally get approval (unless they're from the British isles possibly).

I get pissed when I don't see our players doing what they need to do to kill off more time when we are trying to hold a lead. I was yelling at the screen last night in the 2nd half extra time begging our guys to hold the ball, run to the corner, do whatever, just don't turn it over cheaply.

having said all that...good work travelling supporters. I'm watching the rebroadcast on GOLtv right now and you guys sounded great.

This is not the place to debate this but...even though diving has strategic advantages, it's poor sportsmanship no matter how you look at it. The game would be better without it - if the rules were applied evenly and fairly to everyone (ie it was taken out of the game by all sides), I can't see anyone arguing in favour of diving.

FluSH
03-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I just got back from Kansas city... THIS WAS THE BEST TRIP I'VE EVER BEEN ON!

The hotel location was unbelievable! You couldn't have dreamt a better location for a party scene and proximity to the stadium. If you don't go next year you will miss a GREAT trip.

Arthur Bryants = BBQ Heaven at some stupid (cheap) prices.

Now unto the chants...

We practiced The "Here's to you Carl Robinson" chant at the tailgate and sung it on the stands once. It went well.
"Toronto FC Allez Allez Allez" was simply off the charts. everyone was chanting this and it sounded GREAT.
Boris took over in the second half and did something I had no faith that it was going to work... He got everyone chanting the TFC Bounce and jumping side to side in different directions like we did in 112!!! I mean some people that didn't know some of our basic chants were doing the TFC Bounce like pros! BIG RESPECT to the entire group for pulling this off! and to Boris for starting it.
Mas was great on the drums... He did something I really think we need to do more off, and that is controlling the tempo at the end of chants (by slowling the beat and creating a smooth transition)
Also... The Dero Chant we were doing worked quite well... it is the "ole ole ola.... cada dia te quiero mas" version from NEE (links to come).
By the end of the night quite a few of us were signing The Sloop TFC... and rightly soo...

Sloop TFC

So hoist up the North Red Sail
Can you hear the locals sign
Let Toronto come and sign you a song
Don't want to go home...
Don't want to go homeeeeeee...
This is the BEST trip I've ever been on
dudu dudu dudu dudu

Links to some of the chants mentioned above:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10583

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=9984

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10324

Vinny Dichio
03-22-2009, 10:28 PM

The hotel location was unbelievable! You couldn't have dreamt a better location for a party scene and proximity to the stadium. If you don't go next year you will miss a GREAT trip.

Now unto the chants...

We practiced The "Here's to you Carl Robinson" chant at the tailgate and sung it on the stands once. It went well.
"Toronto FC Allez Allez Allez" was simply off the charts. everyone was chanting this and it sounded GREAT.
Boris took over in the second half and did something I had no faith that it was going to work... He got everyone chanting the TFC Bounce and jumping side to side in different directions like we did in 112!!! I mean some people that didn't know some of our basic chants were doing the TFC Bounce like pros! BIG RESPECT to the entire group for pulling this off! and to Boris for starting it.
Mas was great on the drums... He did something I really think we need to do more off, and that is controlling the tempo at the end of chants (by slowling the beat and creating a smooth transition)
Also... The Dero Chant we were doing worked quite well... it is the "ole ole ola.... cada dia te quiero mas" version from NEE (links to come).
By the end of the night quite a few of us were signing The Sloop TFC... and rightly soo...

Sloop TFC

Don't want to go home...
dudu dudu dudu dudu

What?
No mention of lbs craw fish?
You disapoint me flush :)

FluSH
03-22-2009, 10:31 PM
What?
No mention of lbs craw fish?
You disapoint me flush :)

haha pics to come.. not from me though as I only took 3 pictures!

P.S. For those who don't know... this trip was soooo fucking great my bro didn't come back with me and he is still in the U.S. :D

FluSH
03-22-2009, 10:42 PM
For those who stayed home... This was THE DERO chant in Kansas:

"Ole Ole DeRo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0NYgAR16QA&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0NYgAR16QA&feature=related)

Ole Ole Ole... Ole Ole Ole Ola
Dwaaaaaaayne De Rosario
la la la la la
la la la la la

Whoop
03-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Definitely have to do that in Columbus Flush....

And people jump!

fergiejr
03-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Currently watching the replay of the KC game on GolTV. I missed it on Sat night and just catching the end. When Dichio came in with 5 min left in reg time, all I could hear was the Danny Dichio song.

You guys sang for like 10 minutes straight!

Nice job guys! Wish I coulda been there. I couldn't be prouder!

FluSH
03-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Definitely have to do that in Columbus Flush....

And people jump!

It was magic... I can't describe how much on point we were... It was truly our A game. Even the Usec ultra call chant was done to perfection...

FluSH
03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Also this chant did quite well... :D:D:D

Bro Hymn - We Are Toronto

woooooooooooah wooooah-ooooh-oooooh
we are Toronooooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i58DcypQ19s

emphasis on TORONO... not torontoe

Yohan
03-23-2009, 04:04 AM

Hahaha. Hand of Justice tried to pwn couple of our guys but those weak Yank beer failed.

Special props to KC supporters who welcomed us and made special effort to ensure that we had a good time. Esp. couple of those guys who came over with the HoJ after one incident with one douche (who wasn't even wearing a Wizards kit) tried to stir shit and ensured that things were cool.

We deffo need to take care of the Cauldron supporters if they come to Toronto. I dont think a thank you note too them is not out of order.

Shakes McQueen
03-23-2009, 06:16 AM

I'm okay with a bit of time wasting, but not diving. Players need to have more reverence and respect for their sport.

Take all the time you want on corners, throw-ins, and kicks from the keeper, though. :D

- Scott

king dave
03-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Just got in.
I have to admit the 100+ TFC supporters in KC sounded the best I've ever heard.
Tight, in-sync and fucking loud!
I did a walkabout to get an idea of the massive and it was very impressive.
Great job douchebags and douchebaggettes:D.
KD.

CoachGT
03-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Watched the replay last night. I was amazed at how many of our chants you could clearly hear on the broadcast! And reading the comments on the KC message board gave things a little different perspective! Great work guys!

Razcle
03-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Can you hear the Cauldron sing? No No.

We knew that the Wizards weren't bringing it at all. So we just taunted the Cauldron...."You only sing when you score a goal....you only sing"

Chase
03-23-2009, 08:35 AM
I have separation anxiety from this trip.

jabbronies
03-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Danny's twitter:

Funniest moment of the night= TFC fans in the stadium taking over the USA anthem and showing the Wizards fans how its sung. 23 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/DannyDichio/statuses/1371385593)

So you guys sang the American National Anthem better than the KC fans?? That's golden!!

Ben - D.O.W.
03-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Loved singing the US Anthem - and all I got from KC fans after the game was how impressed they were at how well/loud we did it. As for voices - my buddies off work today (call center) because he has none left, but he also did 5 hand of justices so who knows what the real culprit was. My buddy Mark and I walked in to the front row of the Cauldron to get some pictures of our section and we sounded great from that end. Of course then we got escorted out of the section by security but whatever.

The chants sounded great, the food was fantastic, the KC fans were hospitable as hell and the beer flowed freely - I can't imagine a better away trip (especially not Columbus next weekend).

FluSH
03-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Loved singing the US Anthem - and all I got from KC fans after the game was how impressed they were at how well/loud we did it. As for voices - my buddies off work today (call center) because he has none left, but he also did 5 hand of justices so who knows what the real culprit was. My buddy Mark and I walked in to the front row of the Cauldron to get some pictures of our section and we sounded great from that end. Of course then we got escorted out of the section by security but whatever.

The chants sounded great, the food was fantastic, the KC fans were hospitable as hell and the beer flowed freely - I can't imagine a better away trip (especially not Columbus next weekend).

You got it... best roadtrip in my life... it is a must for everyone next year!

A must!

Pachuco
03-23-2009, 09:51 AM

Guevara didn't dive once. Every time he was fouled he was actually fouled. What he is really good at is showing the player the ball for a split second, then getting in the way just in time to get kicked from behind. Watch the replays and you'll see what I mean. What he did wrong was embelish the fouls afterwords. It's different then diving (I don't consider it cheating), and it's effective is slowing down the game when you are leading. We'll have to get used to it though because what I saw from Vitty in preseason was the exact same thing.

Redcoe15
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice pics. Are there any more?

And did anyone else besides FluSH try the BBQ in KC? :yum:

adamdz
03-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Nice pics. Are there any more?

And did anyone else besides FluSH try the BBQ in KC? :yum:

There are more pics for sure, give them a couple days to surface. There were a few groups that went through that BBQ joint. A KC wiz guy suggested some other place but it wasn't near our location.

Boris
03-23-2009, 10:01 AM
amazing time...
amazing people..

shaughno matt and i still have a raspy voice and we're tired as hell as we got back to toronto at 6am.

thanks to everyone who came out...we had a freaking blast

DOMIN8R
03-23-2009, 10:02 AM
In 1 hours I will have my flickr loaded with KC shots.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah we checked out Arthur Bryants too - the locals we met up with said that for the area it would be the best bbq we'd find and man they weren't kidding. The Pit-Pouri was delicious - and I'm not actually 100% sure all of the meats involved. The sausage and roasted tips (or burnt ends - soemthing like that anyway) were also fantastic. As was any beer we tried from Boulevard a somewhat local brewery.

Then there was the Yard House - 140 beers on tap (or 114 - I don't know it was loud) and delicous food. And Kantina 1 - all you can eat Tex-Mex for $9 (which was better then I had in Texas last year) and the manager decided to buy us a bunch of rounds - probably my favorite place of the trip (other then the tailgate/game of course). It was so good we went back the next day and this time the bartender gave us free drinks - left me wondering why I can't find a place like that in Guelph.

MartinUtd
03-23-2009, 10:10 AM
- left me wondering why I can't find a place like that in Guelph.

I have SUCH a hard time finding anywhere in Guelph. At least downtown. Last year I got in an argument with the McCabes staff because they said they' put the game on, then switched to hockey like 20 minutes later. I'm never EVER going there again. I think I'll have to stick to the south end if I want any luck.

Where's your local anyways?

Chase
03-23-2009, 10:19 AM
The BBQ out there was amazing. Arthur Bryants is a great establishment and staff were very hospitable. My only regret was not picking up one of their famous BBQ sauces. I didnt have a check-in bag so I would not have been able to bring it on the plane

Chase
03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
The Power and Light District was also a great place to be when in KC.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I have SUCH a hard time finding anywhere in Guelph. At least downtown. Last year I got in an argument with the McCabes staff because they said they' put the game on, then switched to hockey like 20 minutes later. I'm never EVER going there again. I think I'll have to stick to the south end if I want any luck.

Where's your local anyways?

Yeah McCabes is definitely not the best place. We can sometimes get the game on at the Pennywhistle - unless there's one guy at the bar already watching a Jays game or some such. We go to Molly's a lot as they have some good beers on tap and Jay the bartender is a great guy - probably as close as we come to a local.

I hear Shakey's is a pretty good place to watch TFC games (or tons of other soccer) but we're mostly downtown and it's somewhat out of the way for us. I'd love to see more Guelph people while watching away games though - so let me know where you guys watch.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Also - it was Dan Girard down there doing interviews with fans right? Anyone know where the story talking to fans ended up? I saw his right up of the game but no mention of talking with fans.

DOMIN8R
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36679335@N06/

Pictures from the trip

MartinUtd
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah McCabes is definitely not the best place. We can sometimes get the game on at the Pennywhistle - unless there's one guy at the bar already watching a Jays game or some such. We go to Molly's a lot as they have some good beers on tap and Jay the bartender is a great guy - probably as close as we come to a local.

I hear Shakey's is a pretty good place to watch TFC games (or tons of other soccer) but we're mostly downtown and it's somewhat out of the way for us. I'd love to see more Guelph people while watching away games though - so let me know where you guys watch.

I thought about hitting the Pennywhistle when I was downtown on saturday but ultimate stayed over at a friends house and watched a shitty internet stream... I wont be doing that again if I dont have to. Anyway...Just so we don't hijack this thread with all things Guelph, I made this one in the RPB forum

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=429495#post429495

MartinUtd
03-23-2009, 10:53 AM
haha.. I love this one... you guys are looking really unimpressed in front of the 'FORZA WIZ' banner

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3378706381_5192f5e7f2.jpg?v=0

Stugatzo
03-23-2009, 10:54 AM
My pics...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=84345&id=685576072&l=109205aa51

Feel free to tag yourself or add me as a friend if you were there!

TFC Via Buffalo
03-23-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm at work right now and I got nothing left. I also work in a call center and I couldn't get today off so I'm really fighting it right now. My voice is shot. Best time I've ever had at a sporting event. I was really amazed (But not really :)) at the taking over of the US National Anthem. It really gave me chills. Awesome job from everyone. Thank you for helping make this memorable for a lifetime. BTW, did anyone else feel like that whole section we were in was going to collapse at any given moment?

Side note, I went with my friend to the Outback over in that whole big area next to the stadium. A couple of the KC ticket reps came in and were kinda bitching at first about missed calls. Bullshit. Anyway, they got a few complaints from the families sitting next to us because we swore too much. The rep was cool because she said she didn't have a problem with it, but apparently some people did. I just laughed and shrugged. They were really nice and were asking what we got with the season ticket package, so KC fans should maybe expect a ticket scarf next year. Classy organization all around.

So, when does Saturday get here?!

Razcle
03-23-2009, 11:25 AM
My Pics are up. I did the 15hr drive with Al-Mo, L-Wag and Yohan. Great trip. Even better victory. Now to get the voice back!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27919380@N07/3379687020/

TOBOR !
03-23-2009, 11:38 AM
if this was your repetoire, you'd be pretty quiet too :

http://www.kccauldron.com/songs_chants.html

verdict : it's impossible to come up with a decent chant for a team with such a shit name, so why bother ?

cue (to Dichi024 chant) : Ohhhh, we're the KC Wiz, the KC Wiz, the KC Wiz, we're the KC Wiz !...

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamdz
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
They screwed us by not letting in poles, this could have turned out better :/. Stands were pretty small, that didn't help. Anyone have a shot where this can be seen clearly.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2561/86/63/685576072/n685576072_2031934_2081809.jpg

I guess it looks alright once we had the back 2 slightly tilted but still. Wind kind of sucked too.

Parkdale
03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Boris and the HOJ!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/stugatzo/DSC02295.jpg

right click > set as desktop

Yohan
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Did anyone sing anti USA chants? Not that I recall... Seems one dude from KC seems to think so

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=978817

Pachuco
03-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Now unto the chants...

Sloop TFC

Don't want to go home...
dudu dudu dudu dudu

Flush, I caught a glimpse of the jumping side to side during the game and it looked unbelieavable. Get that going in Section 112 and I may just have a heart attack jumping. Oh wait, I'm in 109, I'm only allowed to sit, eat prawns and talk about yoga classes this year.

Yohan
03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Some kudos from a KC supporter

Please send out a mesage to let everyone that made the trip to KC, We as a whole Thank you!! The few. very few, that were there in our group that had bad things to say towards you guys are not and nor have been any part of the majority!! Everyone that i talked to from your group was very cool and I would hang with them anytime! Its very cool that they sang the OUR National Anthem!! If I had the $ to make the trip up north when we play u, I would! U guys rock!!

Thank you again and my apologies for the scurge in our group!

KC DEFENDER

uncle p
03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Did anyone sing anti USA chants? Not that I recall... Seems one dude from KC seems to think so

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=978817

That is total BULLSHIT!!! There was never any anti USA songs.
We sang their anthem louder than they did, there is no we would sing a f**k usa chaser.

AL-MO
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM
What an amazing trip. 14 hour drive down, 16 hour drive back and I would do it again in a second! Gpt back to Toronto @ 6:00 AM this morning.

If you don't know, this was the first road win alot of us witnessed. I have been on my share of road trips and coming home was always a disappointment, but Saturday night was PURE JOY. :D

THANKS to the away team for setting up the hotel that was so close to the stadium you could spit and hit it.

THANKS to Mas from NEE and Shaughno for their kickass drumming, driving the chants and keeping everyone in time.

THANKS to my car mates Razcle, L-Wag and Yohan who made it a good trip both ways.

THANKS to the KC fans who for the most part were very nice and welcoming.

THANKS to everyone who went down to KC and brought it for 90 minutes!

BRING ON COLUMBUS!

DOMIN8R
03-23-2009, 01:13 PM
The only one that might be misconstrued is "we have free healthcare" chant

SuperTCP
03-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Running late, I was listening to the the game on 590 on the way to Joe's - and all I heard in the background were the TFC Chants.
You guys rocked the house! Good Job!

AL-MO
03-23-2009, 01:29 PM

What you mean all 15 seconds of it? :p

Ben - D.O.W.
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I think they're just mad that we're louder at their anthem then they are.

AL-MO
03-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Some pics:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3439/3379685796_9d6b5932c4.jpg?v=0
4 Different TFC Scarves.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3379669658_3bff3d31a7.jpg?v=0
The beer is under there somewhere! :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3420/3379533450_b157fab96c.jpg?v=0
Boris Given'r

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3579/3379687020_f3cbe4dfe2.jpg?v=0

FluSH
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM

This chant didn't even have a life... I belted it out twice and it died faster than an AIG bonus. =P

uncle p
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
What a fuckin weekend!!
It was awesome to meet some of you and finally put a face to the name.
Cant see any road trip topping this one!!

Big ups to everyone who was there and the away team for putting it together

Shaughno
03-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Awesome trip, I'll have more comments at a later time :lol:

Boris
03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Some pics:

Boris Given'r

hahahahah..

wow...

Calvin
"1st half we were dominated... good crowd... massive props to the Toronto crowd who were impressive... and at times, seemed louder than the cauldron, which seemed disorganized to me... lotsa season left..."- KC guy

nice to see the MGD

and i have a 5th scarf that is different from all of those, fuck there is a lot of them

Boris
Awesome trip, I'll have more comments at a later time :lol:

oh man....
when i got home...15 mins...no lie

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-23-2009, 02:24 PM

"Ole Ole DeRo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0NYgAR16QA&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0NYgAR16QA&feature=related)

Dwaaaaaaayne De Rosario
la la la la la

la la la la la

WOW I like it can't wait untill SAt . What time r u guys getting there at ?

AL-MO
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
WOW I like it can't wait untill SAt . What time r u guys getting there at ?

Whenever our bus arrives! ;)

Technorgasm
03-23-2009, 02:47 PM
From all accounts. . its seeems KC as Very Classy, respectful Fans, who want to create a good atmosphere.

Cant wait towelcome them at BMO!

"I think the Cauldron sounded terrible. It may have been because how much we drank, or it could of been how much a group spent yelling at the TFC fans. It just seemed disorganized and like everyone was more concerned about the other supporters then doing the chants we know and love. I was out there all day with TFC fans and never had a problem, then when one has the decentcy to come thank the Cauldron for everything, its embarrassing to have a group chanting obscene things at him. I'm all for s***ting on the bastards below, but there is a time and place.. "

GREAT job you guys, I wish they showed you celebrating the goals a bit more but.

you were heard.

oh, you were heard all right!

Yohan
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
My first away trip and I had a BLAST!

First, thanks Alex, Eric and Laura for being awesome road trip buddies, organizing everything else and putting up with one rather sketchy Skasian :D

Second, massive thanks to Kansas City supporters that made us feel welcome and ensure we were having a good time, esp after that incident with one douche. Seriously guys. If any Cauldron supporters come to BMO Field, let's show them a good time for classy hospitality these folks showed for those of us that went to KC.

Third, massive props to those of us that went to KC. Absolute bananas. Chants were going strong all game long. Found it rather hard to concentrate on the game when all the chanting took all of my focus. :)
I got caught up on all the TFC chants finally so good learning experience for me.
Was a bit worried that our chants wouldn't be very loud because we were singing into the wind and away from the field esp where the TV camera was, but seeing the replay of the game, boy, we were LOUD!

Can you hear the Cauldron sing?
Nooooo nooooo!

lulz

It was a long ass road trip. 30hrs on the road is a bit too much for next time. But I will definitely go to Kansas City again.

Random thoughts
-Hotel right beside stadium. Bars and restaurants all within 10min distance. Perfect set up for us
-Wish I could have tried some Kansas BBQ that some of you guys had
-Never ordering steak from Ihop again. WTF was I thinking?
-The beer tree. Massive lulz
-The Cauldron hotties. Thank goodness for them because all the girls I saw up to that point were all pudgy, fugly, old or a combo of all three.
-They take drinking games seriously at the tail gate.
-Hand of Justice would have been more of a hoot if it wasn't done with weak Yank beer
-Never drinking MGD again. Got a massive headache after like 2. Fuck Yank beers
-Stopping at St. Louis and seeing the giant Arch. Pretty darn cool.
-What is up with confusing road signs on the Interstates?
-Vote Mike Sharpe for Sheriff!
-Long stretch of signs that advertised either porn or fireworks
-The fracking light pole that blocked a lot of the view from our seats. Was ok from left side of the away section but I'd imagine it would have been annoying for a lot of our guys on the right side of the section
-Very few security guys. I think there was one dude in our section. Got chirped few times by couple of retards. If there was more security, they should have stopped that shit before something happens. Overall no trouble with stadium staff
-Funny how all the morons that gave us trouble didn't even wear a KC jersey
-Flushie and myself and few others singing some random victory song for like 10mins. lulz

Blizzard
03-23-2009, 04:44 PM

Good points Dino. Montreal lost to Santos Laguna because they did not effectively waste time!

RedRum
03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Just got back. Big thanks to everyone who made the trek and gave 'er for 90+.

KC supporters were beyond hospitable and I thank them for that. When a minor incident went down they apologized for the behaviour of one of their bunch who is a known dick. We tried moving our guys away from them after that but they would have none of it and continued interacting in a positive way - if the hand of justice is interaction haha. Cool.

Game was freakin' killer both in terms of TFC's play and the result. Glad the stands didn't collapse from all the jumping. We could hear the bolts still falling out walking back to the hotel from the bar long after the game had ended.

H Bomb
03-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Good points Dino. Montreal lost to Santos Laguna because they did not effectively waste time!

nahh, it's cause they let in 5 goals, and only scored 2.

Dub Narcotic
03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the great trip reports, but you guys do realize that American beer and Canadian beer generally have the same alcohol content?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_canadian_beer_stronger_than_american_beer

Cashcleaner
03-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Kansas City was simply the best road trip I've ever been on, bar none. The locals were absolutely fantastic and really welcomed us to the grounds. Truth be told, our car drove speeding into the parking lot laying on the horn and we were ready to jump out and act the usual douchebags you see on gameday at BMO Field. Then we meet a couple of supporters inside the hotel and it changed the mood entirely. Let me tell you that its pretty hard to get all up the face of a guy saying he's got a beer with your name on it in the parking lot. So many good memories of the trip and I think the guys really appreciated the fact that we were willing to drive so far for the match.

Leaving for home on Sunday was actually quite hard to do, and I've already decided to go back next season.

ensco
03-23-2009, 06:38 PM
We didn't do the tailgate thing (we were at the NCAAs downtown) but I'd echo the sentiments. Our experience at the college basketball pep rallies, and games, was the same as the RPBs had in the parking lot.

KC has a lot of the friendliest, nicest people you will ever meet. And they know how to host a good time.

Yohan
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the great trip reports, but you guys do realize that American beer and Canadian beer generally have the same alcohol content?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_canadian_beer_stronger_than_american_beer
it's the taste man

uncle p
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Kansas City was simply the best road trip I've ever been on, bar none. The locals were absolutely fantastic and really welcomed us to the grounds. Truth be told, our car drove speeding into the parking lot laying on the horn and we were ready to jump out and act the usual douchebags you see on gameday at BMO Field. Then we meet a couple of supporters inside the hotel and it changed the mood entirely. Let me tell you that its pretty hard to get all up the face of a guy saying he's got a beer with your name on it in the parking lot. So many good memories of the trip and I think the guys really appreciated the fact that we were willing to drive so far for the match.

Leaving for home on Sunday was actually quite hard to do, and I've already decided to go back next season.

great post!!

Looking out my hotel window i thought it was odd to be tailgating with the KC support. When i got down there some KC dudes offered me a beer before i could even open mine.

It was also really funny and odd how all the locals actually thanked us for coming....pretty cool group down in KC

Anyone know the name of the our guy who did like 4 hand of justice's?

Vince Whirlwind
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
it's the taste man

and generally it is - but not in Kansas (max alchohol for beer approx 3.5%), but that doesn't apply to Missouri.

So if you bought beer in Kansas (where the stadium was) it was weaker than if you went out of state by 10 minutes.

H Bomb
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
fuckin puritans

RedWookie
03-23-2009, 07:08 PM

What is a hand of justice?

Yohan
03-23-2009, 07:13 PM
What is a hand of justice?
beer bong that they had
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3377813456_1c9f316642.jpg?v=0

uncle p
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I think the guy's name that was holding the bong was Justice, or its his board name on BS or something like that

Yohan
03-23-2009, 07:52 PM
I think the guy's name that was holding the bong was Justice, or its his board name on BS or something like that
that guy was pretty cool

uncle p
03-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah, and his timing was pretty good as he showed up just when it looked things might turn ugly

Redboy11
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Best trip yet...sweet location.

twistedchinaman
03-23-2009, 08:44 PM

You people went because I put it on the map didn't you!!! :D

the-lower-eastsider
03-23-2009, 10:54 PM
beer bong that they had
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3377813456_1c9f316642.jpg?v=0
me wanna tryee.
lumpy

Shaughno
03-23-2009, 11:09 PM

Boris :lol:

Boris
03-23-2009, 11:22 PM

Boris :lol:

:lol:
yeah...it was me...what a way to really break the booze ban

Cashcleaner
03-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah, and his timing was pretty good as he showed up just when it looked things might turn ugly

The H of J was totally intended to help smooth things over after the altercation. That shows true class on their part.

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
^^ They knew the guy was a douche, he apparently has proved it on a few occasions and they wanted to make sure nobody held any hard feelings towards the rest of the KC fans. They were all pure class aside from el douchebag.

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 08:01 AM

"Ole Ole DeRo"

Oooooooooh De Rosario
la la la la la

la la la la la

Corrected Flush. ;)

Ben - D.O.W.
03-24-2009, 08:52 AM
My buddy Gavin from Guelph did 5 HOJ when things were about to turn ugly. I think they caught up to him right around midnight. But yeah I loved that thing - I saw way more Toronto fans doing it then KC.

REDJUVE
03-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Hats off to all of you who went down to support the boys in Kansas. You guys make a huge difference.

xtacee
03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Excellent work, guys. Fantastic singing.....hat's off.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Hope this works - didn't know anyone got a picture of this but that's me in the middle and Mark a bit off to my left in the middle of the cauldron. For some reason we got told by security that we needed to leave for our 'safety' but I still found KC fans to be a great group who were a lot of fun:
http://tpbinkc.smugmug.com/photos/497757575_Rmh8f-M.jpg

Dunc
03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
and generally it is - but not in Kansas (max alchohol for beer approx 3.5%), but that doesn't apply to Missouri.

So if you bought beer in Kansas (where the stadium was) it was weaker than if you went out of state by 10 minutes.

how are you supposed to get drunk off that... like intravenously?

TFC_Junky
03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Also - it was Dan Girard down there doing interviews with fans right? Anyone know where the story talking to fans ended up? I saw his right up of the game but no mention of talking with fans.
I haven't seen the article yet but my wife and I spoke to him with a few other RPB's but no idea if it got published? Anyone know?:noidea:

TFC Via Buffalo
03-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Hope this works - didn't know anyone got a picture of this but that's me in the middle and Mark a bit off to my left in the middle of the cauldron. For some reason we got told by security that we needed to leave for our 'safety' but I still found KC fans to be a great group who were a lot of fun:

Awesome. I kept wondering where you guys kept disappearing off too. Very well played, sir.

FluSH
03-24-2009, 12:25 PM

It was probably the best thing... I know you guys meant well and weren't starting anything, but I can't see any opposing supporters coming to the South End and not getting a Rainfall of "who are yas"

FluSH
03-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen the article yet but my wife and I spoke to him with a few other RPB's but no idea if it got published? Anyone know?:noidea:

Let's just hope it's good. Most journos want to play on the easy story of the stereotipical hooligan. We are not like that at all... but That's what sells papers for them.

TFC Via Buffalo
03-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Let's just hope it's good. Most journos want to play on the easy story of the stereotipical hooligan. We are not like that at all... but That's what sells papers for them.

I was interviewed along with Ben. All we talked about and were asked was about how we got involved with becoming fans of TFC and how we felt about the upcoming season. Thee would have to come up with their own quotes to pull out anything making the group that went down seem like hooligans. He seemed genuine about wanting to get a nice peice out there for the pre game write up.

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 12:36 PM

It was probably the best thing... I know you guys meant well and weren't starting anything, but I can't see any opposing supporters coming to the South End and not getting a Rainfall of "who are yas"

Why would you expect security to NOT ask you to leave? And why would you do this anyways?

I wouldn't want any away fans coming into the south end/112. And if they did show up, I would expect they would get a rude welcoming, and a quick exit.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I completely expected security to ask us to leave - I was being tongue-in-cheek. We went over there to take a picture - walked to the front, took it and started to walk out. On the way out we saw some people who we had met before the game and stopped to say hi. That's the whole of it - and of course we expected to get cat-calls (yeah yeah - 'snow' this, and 'the Leafs suck' that). That was completely fine - I just didn't know a picture of this existed but a KC fan posted it on Big Soccer so I thought I'd share since I thought it was a cool picture. Our goal was never to offend anyone and every KC person myself or Mark has talked to about this has been nothing but friendly - just like the rest of the weekend. If this has offended anyone on this board I'm more then wililng to talk about it - feel free to send me a PM but I didn't post this to cause a big stir, just thought it looked cool.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah we talked about nothing but the team and our hopes for the season. I think he'd really have to stretch to take any sort of 'hooligan' element from the KC trip.

I was interviewed along with Ben. All we talked about and were asked was about how we got involved with becoming fans of TFC and how we felt about the upcoming season. Thee would have to come up with their own quotes to pull out anything making the group that went down seem like hooligans. He seemed genuine about wanting to get a nice peice out there for the pre game write up.

Barbarez
03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
did you get a blowjob while you were there?
I cant see any other reason for going into their section

Ben
You're fired

EastYork
03-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Walking into the other team supporter's section wearing your colours is not cool. It is an unwriten rule that you don't do something like that. You are lucky the KC fans were friendly cause I can't imagine you getting out of another supporter section with just "cat calls".

EastYork
03-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Looking at photos from the game, I can see RPB and NEE were well represented but was anyone from Usector there?

pubboy
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I think it's funny as hell, and a great picture.
Why do a lot of people on this board have to get offended so easily at so many insignifcant issues ? Some people need to relax, and enjoy things for what they are - a laugh !

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Looking at photos from the game, I can see RPB and NEE were well represented but was anyone from Usector there?

There were 1 or 2 that I saw.

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
I completely expected security to ask us to leave - I was being tongue-in-cheek. We went over there to take a picture - walked to the front, took it and started to walk out. On the way out we saw some people who we had met before the game and stopped to say hi. That's the whole of it - and of course we expected to get cat-calls (yeah yeah - 'snow' this, and 'the Leafs suck' that). That was completely fine - I just didn't know a picture of this existed but a KC fan posted it on Big Soccer so I thought I'd share since I thought it was a cool picture. Our goal was never to offend anyone and every KC person myself or Mark has talked to about this has been nothing but friendly - just like the rest of the weekend. If this has offended anyone on this board I'm more then wililng to talk about it - feel free to send me a PM but I didn't post this to cause a big stir, just thought it looked cool.

My advice to you is while on the road, do not go anywhere near their supporter section during the 90 minutes that is being played.

Noone here is 'offended' its just not a good idea for a multitude of reasons.

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Why do a lot of people on this board have to get offended so easily at so many insignifcant issues ? Some people need to relax, and enjoy things for what they are - a laugh !

Because all it takes is one idiot to change a 'friendly' atmosphere as those who were in KC found out at the tailgate. Luckily both sides refrained from the 'mob' mentality after one idiot's actions.

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 01:21 PM

It ain't funny at all.

Try going into the middle of Barra Brava and doing that shit.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
It ain't funny at all.

Try going into the middle of Barra Brava and doing that shit.

+1 So True!

ensco
03-24-2009, 02:20 PM
What is wrong with some of you?

If someone comes 100s of miles to visit our city, and they come into south end (maybe because they shared a few pints with some TFC people in the parking lot)....

If someone wearing TFC colours attacks that visitor just because of the shirt he wears, I'm defending the visitor and going after the person wearing TFC colours.

I don't care what would happen somewhere else, you live in Toronto, and in this city, you show some class. Same as the 99.9% of the KC fans did.

CretanBull
03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
^ I don't think anyone is supporting the idea of attacking a visitor to 112, I think that they're saying that some kind of trouble is predictable so it shouldn't be done in the first place.

uncle p
03-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I would never wear my colours in another supporters section and i would never recomend it......But that is still a really cool picture IMO

ensco
03-24-2009, 02:26 PM
^ I don't think anyone is supporting the idea of attacking a visitor to 112, I think that they're saying that some kind of trouble is predictable so it shouldn't be done in the first place.

Well, re-read some of the comments above.

It is, or should be, a point of pride that anyone is welcome anywhere at our games, especially someone who comes in peace and is a fellow football supporter.

tfcleeds
03-24-2009, 02:32 PM
I would hope that most RPBs would act in a classy manner towards a visiting fan who somehow, unwittingly or not, ended up in our section. But you can never discount the actions of a few morons, which is why visiting the supporters section of another club is never recommended.

And I do agree with the pride issue as well. Most visiting supporters would never think of dropping by our section during a game, as there is no reason to. Friendly interaction with visiting supporters is perfectly fine, before or after games, but during the game, a supporters section that isn't your own should be a no-go zone.

CretanBull
03-24-2009, 02:35 PM
It is, or should be, a point of pride that anyone is welcome anywhere at our games, especially someone who comes in peace and is a fellow football supporter.

Noble idea, not realistic.

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 02:38 PM

If someone comes 100s of miles to visit our city, and they come into south end (maybe because they shared a few pints with some TFC people in the parking lot)....

If someone wearing TFC colours attacks that visitor just because of the shirt he wears, I'm defending the visitor and going after the person wearing TFC colours.

I don't care what would happen somewhere else, you live in Toronto, and in this city, you show some class. Same as the 99.9% of the KC fans did.

No visiting supporter should be traveling 100s of miles to come into the south end, there is a visiting section for that. I didn't drive 14 hours down through the night and 16 hours back to hang out in the Cauldron. During the game I want to be with my fellow supporters, the people who have spent money and traveled long and far to support this team.

There is a reason supporters are separated in this sport. As I said above, try the same thing in DC. Guarantee they aren't going to roll out a welcome mat for you.

You want to tailgate with them, have pints with them go right ahead be my guest, but during the 90 minutes they are the opposition.

D.O.W. Mark
03-24-2009, 02:40 PM
My advice to you is while on the road, do not go anywhere near their supporter section during the 90 minutes that is being played.

As the other fellow in the picture, I hear what you're saying and in the sober-light-of-day, agree. As Ben said, it had way more to do with grabbing a quick photo from a different angle and then several of the KC fans we met start earlier started chatting with us -- everything turned out fine which is cool, but I completely understand the reasons why folk would be concerned that it could have started something messy -- so, blame it on my gentle-beer-buzz and the warm feeling I still had after the tailgate, but you can pretty much count it as a one-off.

Cheers fellers!
Mark

ensco
03-24-2009, 02:44 PM
No visiting supporter should be traveling 100s of miles to come into the south end, there is a visiting section for that. I didn't drive 14 hours down through the night and 16 hours back to hang out in the Cauldron. During the game I want to be with my fellow supporters, the people who have spent money and traveled long and far to support this team.

There is a reason supporters are separated in this sport. As I said above, try the same thing in DC. Guarantee they aren't going to roll out a welcome mat for you.

You want to tailgate with them, have pints with them go right ahead be my guest, but during the 90 minutes they are the opposition.

OK I'm curious.

What exactly would you do if a non-confrontational visitor wearing opposition colours came into the south end during the 90 minutes?

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 02:50 PM
OK I'm curious.

What exactly would you do if a non-confrontational visitor wearing opposition colours came into the south end during the 90 minutes?

Just curious, what type of reception do you realistically think they would get?

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
I want to hear you respond to Shaughno first ;)

FluSH
03-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Noone here is 'offended' its just not a good idea for a multitude of reasons.

Ben's a cool cat... and more of a drinker than a fighter... I can see how he would go over and say hi.

Personally I know I wouldn't because it would probably be WWIII

FluSH
03-24-2009, 03:07 PM
As the other fellow in the picture, I hear what you're saying and in the sober-light-of-day, agree. As Ben said, it had way more to do with grabbing a quick photo from a different angle and then several of the KC fans we met start earlier started

...and many people have done this before... at Columbus year 1 and Chicago.

Do people forget on this board?

...as long as you know you are going there tredding on enemy territory and they percieve you as "harmless" I can see why someone would go.

ensco
03-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Just curious, what type of reception do you realistically think they would get?

I don't know. I guess it depends. They would probably get yelled at or jeered, but it could all be in good fun. Or some idiots might get aggressive and tell them to leave. Mobs are funny - you never know on any given day what a crowd will do.

I do think the more important question is personal. I don't think anyone should do something just because everyone else does.

FluSH
03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
OK I'm curious.

Well... in the south end... no opposing colours are welcomed... you would have to be vouched in by someone up to avoid the verbal assault.

We've made people take off Beckham Jerseys near the border of 112/113... (during non Galaxy games)

What do you think is going to happen if a Schelletto Jersey pops up?!

CretanBull
03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't know. I guess it depends. They would probably get yelled at or jeered, but it could all be in good fun. Or some idiots might get aggressive and tell them to leave. Mobs are funny - you never know on any given day what a crowd will do.

I do think the more important question is personal. I don't think anyone should do something just because everyone else does.

Which is why you avoid the other team's supporter section ;)

KdotOdot
03-24-2009, 03:12 PM

So why tempt fate by going into the opposing section. :noidea:

You know better thaan that, you're a full grown man. Get right son.

CretanBull
03-24-2009, 03:12 PM

We wouldn't let you because we'd know it would be WWIII :D

ensco
03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
So why tempt fate by going into the opposing section. :noidea:

You know better thaan that, you're a full grown man. Get right son.

You're discussing a different question than I am.

Because I am a full grown man, I will not abuse a non-confrontational fellow football supporter no matter where or when I see him.

Because I am a full grown man, I know that I can't control what others would do. I would hope others would behave the same way I would. I'm not being foolish - it's what the KC supporters did.

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 03:20 PM
and because I am a full grown man, I'm not going to willingly walk into a section of drunken opposing supporters unless I know damn well nothing is going to happen. Ben did, and nothing happened. Big deal.

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Ben's a cool cat... and more of a drinker than a fighter... I can see how he would go over and say hi.

I PM'd the DOW guys directly. This is nothing personal I would just never recommend going in there.

Response to Ensco's question:

They would be shown the exits quickly.

I am not a aggressive person, but I can't speak for everyone else.

FluSH
03-24-2009, 03:32 PM
^^^
Alright! :D

However, If there is something we can learn here it is...

No opposing team colours are welcomed in the South End

It will just be a bad mix that we don't need.

Also, try not to wear your EPL, La Liga, Seria A, etc jersey... you're in BMO FIELD

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
^^^

For sure FluSH.

Continuing on my post above this is part of it too. If the person insisted on staying, they'd have to take off their colours and shut the fuck up for the game.

ExiledRed
03-24-2009, 03:42 PM
^^^
Alright! :D

However, If there is something we can learn here it is...

It will just be a bad mix that we don't need.

Also, try not to wear your EPL, La Liga, Seria A, etc jersey... you're in BMO FIELD

It's season 3, we should be full on TFC red by now.

No Liverpool, No Manchester Utd, No Celtic, no Inter. No AC Milan.

I expect to see these anyway, and I'm not going to go confronting people about it, but it's beyond fucked now, turning up to a game in another teams shirt, there are shirts in the stores and have been since early 2007.

ExiledRed
03-24-2009, 03:45 PM
As for opposing supporters wandering into 112.

How do they do this anyway? I've been in the bunker for two full seasons, and I still get my ticket checked every time I return to the section.

Whoop
03-24-2009, 03:45 PM
And no trading of scarfs on game day either... ;)

ensco
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Response to Ensco's question:

They would be shown the exits quickly.

I am not a aggressive person, but I can't speak for everyone else.

Would it be you showing them the exits? (Saying it doesn't matter because if you don't someone else would is not my point - I want to know what you would be willing to do).

I'll say this, then let it go. This use of the passive tense.... "they would be shown the exits", "they would get beat up", that's a copout. We're all part of this, together. If people who are not bothering anyone are scared by us, that doesn't reflect well on us.

KrazyKanadian
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Summary:

1. KC fans are very nice people.
2. Our little group out-sang them in their park.
3. Going into an opposing SG's section in their park during the game is a little crazy.
4. Reds-only in our own SG section.

Thank you. Good day.

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Would it be you showing them the exits? (Saying it doesn't matter because if you don't someone else would is not my point - I want to know what you would be willing to do).

I'll say this, then let it go. This use of the passive tense.... "they would be shown the exits", "they would get beat up", that's a copout. We're all part of this, together. If people who are not bothering anyone are scared by us, that doesn't reflect well on us.

Personally? By the time they were close enough to me, either someone would have escorted them out already or shit would have gone down already. I've jeered plenty of people for wearing Beckham, Independiente, etc. jerseys in and around 112 before.

But I ask, what does it matter if people are scared of entering our supporters section. Is that not a good thing? It means that our support is doing it's job by striking fear into our opponents does it not?

Heathen
03-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, re-read some of the comments above.

Sorry but wearing opposing colours in the home end is not coming in peace, its a provocative act even unintentionally. Anyone who's seen or been to a soccer game in the last hundred years should know that regardless of the continent.

ensco
03-24-2009, 03:57 PM
When I was growing up there was a phrase you heard, "It's a free country". You really don't hear that much anymore.

Over time, I have agreed with many of the posts of those of you on the other side of this. So I do have respect for your opinions. But speaking for myself, I can't accept the self-anointed right to bully others in public that goes with what you are saying.

I have been to three road games in MLS, I always wander the park a bit, I wear red.

And I'm going to keep doing all three.

Whoop
03-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Sorry but wearing opposing colours in the home end is not coming in peace, its a provocative act even unintentionally. Anyone who's seen or been to a soccer game in the last hundred years should know that regardless of the continent.

Exactly.

I don't trust anyone. I've seen some guys say they're coming in peace or really they're planning on doing something. i.e. Second trip to NY last year some douchebags from NY came up to our section "coming in peace" only they want to steal our Canadian flag.

Too bad they got caught.

Shaughno
When I was growing up there was a phrase you heard, "It's a free country". You really don't hear that much anymore.

Over time, I have agreed with many of the posts of those of you on the other side of this. So I do have respect for your opinions. But speaking for myself, I can't accept the self-anointed right to bully others in public that goes with what you are saying.

I have been to three road games in MLS, I always wander the park a bit, I wear red.

And I'm going to keep doing all three.

And if you walked into an opposing team's supporters section wearing TFC colours, you would fully accept any and all jeering/bullying that may occur would you not?

ExiledRed
Walking into an opposing section without an invite is provocation, whatever your intent. It's disrespectful to the opposition fans, and causes undue headaches for security. We shouldn't do it, and neither should any opposition fan.

I wouldn't respond to it personally, but I can't speak for the hundreds sharing the section with me. If anything problematic did occur, the intruder is as much to blame as the drunken idiot who responds to the provocation.

Stupidity isn't an excuse to the stupid.

Whoop
03-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but when I was a kid growing up my dad would say "If you start a fight, and you get beat up don't come crying to me."

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Walking into an opposing section without an invite is provocation, whatever your intent. It's disrespectful to the opposition fans, and causes undue headaches for security. We shouldn't do it, and neither should any opposition fan.

I wouldn't respond to it personally, but I can't speak for the hundreds sharing the section with me. If anything problematic did occur, the intruder is as much to blame as the drunken idiot who responds to the provocation.

Perfectly put.

ensco
03-24-2009, 04:05 PM

It doesn't have to be this way.

I would hope we could rise above it.

I concede the point that we live in the real world as it is, not as we would like it to be.

RedRum
03-24-2009, 04:06 PM

I find myself in agreement with your posts often but not this time. Away support coming into the south end? You have to be joking.

RedRum
03-24-2009, 04:07 PM

Very well put.

Whoop
03-24-2009, 04:08 PM

I concede the point that we live in the real world as it is, not as we would like it to be.

A stadium - during a match - isn't the best place to start.

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 04:09 PM

People + beer + sports + opposing team almost always spells disaster during the game.

We have a lot of passionate and more often than not, drunk fans. Asking them to 'allow' opposing colours into their section is VERY rarely taken lightly.

ExiledRed
03-24-2009, 04:14 PM

Being this way is how I like it, actually.

You ever been in a bar watching a match, your team is losing and the whole bar is wearing the same colours except for one guy, who is leaping about and grinning and basically daring everybody to smack him one.

I don't want that guy in 112, it's not a sports bar.

ensco
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Being this way is how I like it, actually.

You ever been in a bar watching a match, your team is losing and the whole bar is wearing the same colours except for one guy, who is leaping about and grinning and basically daring everybody to smack him one.

I don't want that guy in 112, it's not a sports bar.

Ahhh that's different. I don't like that either. That leaping/grinning guy is being provocative.

I'm talking about someone who is just wearing a shirt and not doing anything else. There are actually a lot of these kinds of supporters in MLS (and in North American sports in general)

ExiledRed
03-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Ahhh that's different. I don't like that either. That leaping/grinning guy is being provocative.

I'm talking about someone who is just wearing a shirt and not doing anything else. There are actually a lot of these kinds of supporters in MLS (and in North American sports in general)

If he's been invited by a regular, has a ticket and is being respectful, and containing himself when his team his doing better than ours, I don't object. The regular who invites him is responsible for him. I've seen that in countless stadiums including Anfield.

ensco
03-24-2009, 04:28 PM
If he's been invited by a regular, has a ticket and is being respectful, and containing himself when his team his doing better than ours, I don't object. The regular who invites him is responsible for him. I've seen that in countless stadiums including Anfield.

That makes sense. I wander about, go near the SG sections, but never go into them, since I don't have a ticket.

leroy
03-24-2009, 04:59 PM

this drives me crazy. just because liverpool's jersey's are also red, does not mean you should wear it to BMO for TFC matches

FluSH
03-24-2009, 05:01 PM

...and people reading this... don't be getting any crazy ideas here... no invitations unless it's of the national security kind... for the sake of the rest.

ricciboy
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Thought i would say i was impressed with the TFC fans (what 50 of them) oot signing the 9,950 KC fans all night long. Thoses guys probally have no voices today but it was well worth it, no doubt the TFC players had to be impressed with them.
Should be a bigger TFC ARMY next game in Columbus.

It does show that TFC fans are the best in the MLS and teams like Seattle will copy us .:D

agree

Pookie
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Not ignorant, just unimaginative. That's pretty much all the crowd can come up with at a MNT game, so it's valid.
O Canada in injury time is inspired and original.

Plenty of unimaginative Canadians too, at least in NHL circles.

Scoreboard inspired cheering, lame chants (ole, ole, ole or Go Leafs/Sens Go). That's a function of high ticket prices that prevent groups from forming and organizing.

To me, it's a function of how organized and connected the fans are. Individually, they may be as passionate as we are. Hell, they are buying tickets to watch soccer in a baseball stadium. They must care at some level.

Collectively, they are not organized nor do they have a sense of community. That's the difference.

JDG
03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Plenty of unimaginative Canadians too, at least in NHL circles.

Scoreboard inspired cheering, lame chants (ole, ole, ole or Go Leafs/Sens Go). That's a function of high ticket prices that prevent groups from forming and organizing.

To me, it's a function of how organized and connected the fans are. Individually, they may be as passionate as we are. Hell, they are buying tickets to watch soccer in a baseball stadium. They must care at some level.

Collectively, they are not organized nor do they have a sense of community. That's the difference.

I'm not going to disagree with you there. I felt lost at the Canadian MNT games I've attended because I had no idea what I should be singing. If I supported the MNT half as much as I support TFC, it might be different.

mezz
03-26-2009, 02:51 PM
hiiiiiii

Razcle
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Haha...In this Crew Preview the reporter talks about 4 fans even driving to KC....I drove to KC but I think there were four of us. What is also cool is I am in the image from Columbus last year. Two shouts in one article...I feel like an all-star

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090326&content_id=231062&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Ben - D.O.W.
03-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Haha...In this Crew Preview the reporter talks about 4 fans even driving to KC....I drove to KC but I think there were four of us. What is also cool is I am in the image from Columbus last year. Two shouts in one article...I feel like an all-star

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090326&content_id=231062&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Haha - nice work on that.

It's really too bad any time that article talks about Columbus it's bullshit. "Both teams won their opening games last weekend, with Columbus rallying for a 2-1 win away to the Houston Dynamo and Toronto hanging on for a 3-2 victory in Kansas City." - here I was thinking Columbus tied Houston and Toronto did more then just hang on.

Also - "Colmubus Crew president Mark McCullers reminded everyone that Toronto fans went home "much more humble" after last year's games in Columbus with Toronto losing both matches." - that's weird I thought we went 0-1-2 last year against Columbus. Oh well who needs facts when you write for MLS right?

Also not trying to rain on your parade for getting in the article twice - which is awesome - I just hate when MLS pulls crap like this. They should really know better then anyone who won last week or last year but half the time can't seem to be bothered.

Razcle
03-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Haha...Your not raining on my parade at all. The gross inaccuracies of this article make me kind of disappointed. But what am I going to do?

Cheers

111_DrummerBoy
03-27-2009, 08:20 AM

RBP had a few guys drive down. There was four in our car, and then a van of four or five I think.

Not sure if there were any others.

Shaughno
03-27-2009, 08:26 AM
3 in our car as well. There was more than a handfull of people who drove down.

Razcle
03-27-2009, 09:00 AM
I know....thats why I found the article pretty funny. We had 8 go down in the "KC on the cheap caravan" plus shaug's lot of three...Does Not Equal 4 People.

111_DrummerBoy
03-27-2009, 09:03 AM
At least 15. Hahaha. Well at least it shows how dedicated (crazy?!) we are.

Shaughno
03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Plus NEE's two vans...