PDA

View Full Version : any bars showing in barrie tonight?

bignickel
03-21-2009, 11:41 AM
o.k. start the jokes.
would be nice to go to a bar here but home is not bad either

Pookie
03-21-2009, 12:14 PM
if you find one, let me know. With the Leafs v Habs tonight, I doubt any sports bar in Barrie is going to flip over to MLS.

Shakes McQueen
03-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Your best bet is McReilly's, on Dunlop St. downtown. No guarantees, but the owners subscribe to Setanta Sports, and frequently have football matches on.

I suspect the Leafs game probably takes precedence, but he might put it on one of the TV's for you.

Specifically, try and sit in the booth at the absolute back, and ask if he wouldn't mind tuning in to the game on the TV above the doorway to the washrooms/kitchen.

Can't think of another bar in town that would play the game. Stay away from the British Arms, whatever you do. :D

- Scott

cincy
03-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Doc Malone's on Bradford St is pretty good, a lot of footie, but not sure tonight with Leafs vs Habs.

Sonny Cheeba
03-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Jack Astors is a sponsor of TFC. so they should be able to put it on one tv for you at least.

Shakes McQueen
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Jack Astors is a sponsor of TFC. so they should be able to put it on one tv for you at least.

That's true. I showed up there for lunch midweek, and they were airing an FA Cup match.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Doc Malone's on Bradford St is pretty good, a lot of footie, but not sure tonight with Leafs vs Habs.

Not a chance with Doc's. Every time I've ever been there on a weekend, it's been hockey hockey hockey.

- Scott

Pookie
03-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Just take a couple of pints over to Soccer and Rugby Elite in the South End. John always has the tele on... good gear in there too.

David_Oliveira
03-21-2009, 03:27 PM
If you want to drive north to Bradford, I'm pretty sure that the bar I go to all the time will have it.

Plenty of Trout
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
If you want to drive north to Bradford, I'm pretty sure that the bar I go to all the time will have it.

Which one?

David_Oliveira
03-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Fernies. He has Setenta on pretty much all day. I was asking him earlier this year and he said he is gonna show as many games as possible. I just am not sure he has the Canadian GolTV.

wzhxvy
03-21-2009, 03:52 PM
If I knew he had GolTV...I would go there...so if you find out David, let us know.

Plenty of Trout
03-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Fernies. He has Setenta on pretty much all day. I was asking him earlier this year and he said he is gonna show as many games as possible. I just am not sure he has the Canadian GolTV.

OK.

I know where that is.

Can you find out before next Saturday's tape delay game (it says GoalTV is broadcasting it at 7:00 PM rather than 4:00 PM).

If he has Senenta, he will pay the couple bucks for GoalTV.

Unless you are going to Columbus, I can meet you there next Saturday.

David_Oliveira
03-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I'll be heading up there in a half hour or so and I can let you know after. I know he streams some games of the internet so that may be an option. But I'll find out and let you guys know

wzhxvy
03-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I live in Newmarket...so I might make a drive up there too in the next few minutes and ask...going to Shoeless is fun but its a much longer drive !

Plenty of Trout
03-21-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll be heading up there in a half hour or so and I can let you know after. I know he streams some games of the internet so that may be an option. But I'll find out and let you guys know

Thanks.

If I didn't have to be at Massey Hall at 8:00 PM with the girlfriend, I would be there in less than 20 minutes with you.

t-bag
03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Maybe Wickies. I know they show alot of soccer on weekends as they are the local Rangers supporters club pub. Ive watched a few Scotland qualifiers there in past. Plus they have 15 different drafts on tap. (You may or may not remember that radio commercial with rock95s Al Brown).

They might be pretty hockey oriented on a saturday night though.

Plenty of Trout
03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I live in Newmarket...so I might make a drive up there too in the next few minutes and ask...going to Shoeless is fun but its a much longer drive !

Yes, the atmosphere would be great down at Shoeless, but that's a long drive especially if you want to have a few pints.

bignickel
03-21-2009, 05:04 PM
so is it fernie's or shoeless?

David_Oliveira
03-21-2009, 06:49 PM
If it is on freeview, Fernies will have it.

Plenty of Trout
03-21-2009, 11:17 PM
If it is on freeview, Fernies will have it.

So how was the atmosphere at Fernies?

David_Oliveira
03-22-2009, 09:06 AM
He didn't end up having it. It didn't come on in freeview. I have to try to convince him of getting it for Saturday. If I were able to get an exact number of people who would be there, it might make it easier to convince him

wzhxvy
03-22-2009, 09:11 AM
David...I would come with at least 1 person if he has it...

I ended up going to Shoeless and it was loud and fun and packed...I know wont be like that at Fernie but I am OK if he is committed to showing away games I will give him my business...

Shakes McQueen
03-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I'd probably start making the trip from Barrie to Bradford, if Fernies had the games on all the time.

I've been considering trying to get a Barrie "chapter" of the RPB started, so I can convince one of the pubs here to become a TFC pub. :D

- Scott

cincy
03-22-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd be down for going to matches in Barrie, probably a couple friends as well

bignickel
03-22-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd probably start making the trip from Barrie to Bradford, if Fernies had the games on all the time.

I've been considering trying to get a Barrie "chapter" of the RPB started, so I can convince one of the pubs here to become a TFC pub. :D

- Scott

good call, none of my here have tickets so they would probably frequent the bar for home games too.

a 'chapter' is needed.

David_Oliveira
03-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Lets see who's interested in starting a Northern Chapter. Follow the link
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11117