PDA

View Full Version : It's Called Football 3/21

SweetOwnGoal
03-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Shawn Levy, a writer with the Oregonian in Portland and an Elder of the Timbers Army and Whitecaps head of soccer Bob Lenarduzzi will be on ICF tomorrow at noon eastern.

www.thatchannel.com

The chat room will be open and we will ask some of your question.

James17930
03-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Ask Bob to qualify the comments he made about Van fans being than TFC fans.

BakaGaijin
03-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Ask Bob to qualify the comments he made about Van fans being than TFC fans.

I don't think Bob said Van fans are better than TFC fans........what he said was the Vancouver was a better soccer market than Toronto........so Vancouver would, therefore, be a bigger success.

What Bob and many others fail to realize is that they don't understand the Toronto market. The Toronto market is a market that is constantly changing as a result of immigration.

Bob was asked on Soccer Central why he thought a move to MLS for the Whitecraps was now a good thing (he previously had stated that moving to MLS was not necessarily a step up). He response was "TFC". He was of the opinion that when TFC was announced as an expansion franchise that it would fail horribly. He was shocked at the success of the franchise. However, this just means that the 'Duz doesn't understand the current Toronto market..........it doesn't mean that Vancouver will be more successful.

gmacpheetfc
03-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I think Vancouver with the history of the whitecaps will do better than tfc in a sense of local media coverage as well as local television rating but atmosphere NO CHANCE!

Kevin
03-20-2009, 11:54 PM
... but atmosphere NO CHANCE!

Gawdang right! I am here because of the incredible fan support that you guys have up there! (coming from a fan waaayyy south of the border).