PDA

View Full Version : sounders owner talks smack about tfc

edmundo
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
its kicks off at 1:13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohv4pFGdkKk

dantdot
03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
We took 9 games to score a goal? News to me.

JonO
What can you say... they did sell more season's tickets and it did take us a while to score a goal :noidea: (although he should get his facts right if he's gonna talk smack)

MartinUtd
They're affraid of us

MartinUtd
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
That limp wristed chant at the end didn't exactly cap off the moment

Ladies Love Julius James
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
They're affraid of us

I bet their shaking in their boots right now after winning a nail-biter 3-0 yesterday.

bene89
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
fack em

Dbl_D
03-20-2009, 05:01 PM
they only sold more seat because they can... if our stadium was bigger ... (might i say nice stadium... )

Redcoe15
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Whatever. Wait'll Seattle steps foot on BMO Field and get their green and blue asses handed to them by mighty, mighty TFC. :canada:

Inklink
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Drew Carey as our striker? Hmmmm ..

You think him and Samuel would have some chemistry? :D

dantdot
03-20-2009, 05:13 PM
^ They're definitely on the same wavelength when it comes to pie.

BC101
03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
No one commented in the video yet? so I did LOL. Have to do the standard trolling that comes along with being a TFC supporter FUCKING WEYYYYYYYYYYY:canada: Toronto Till I die.

MrHawk
03-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Why does Michael moore sponsor this team?

BC101
03-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Iam still waiting for the fellas here to post in the vid WTF???????????

flatpicker
03-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Not sure what video you guys are watching...

... but I didn't hear him mention "smack" once...

James Oliphant
03-20-2009, 05:28 PM
*shrug*

BC101
03-20-2009, 05:30 PM
guess iam spamming by myself then you let me down TFC supporters... you'd spam the shit out of RSL but not Seattle? tsk tsk for shame.:noidea::drinking::canada::hump:

ThunderTundra
03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
dirty bastard. It's one thing to talk smack, but an owner? come on they haven't even played us yet. One game under your belt does not make a soccer capital!

BC101
03-20-2009, 05:40 PM
dirty bastard. It's one thing to talk smack, but an owner? come on they haven't even played us yet. One game under your belt does not make a soccer capital!
Tell the video owner about it! leave a comment !

TERSIGNI
03-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Judging from the few minutes of video replay on MLS site, the atmosphere in Seattle was electric. If the fans keep it up all year, we will be forced to take it up a notch or two at our games to remain the best and loudest supporters in the league.

pimpslapt
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
wow...the owner of the team promised them it wouldn't take them as long as tfc to score......he was right.......how will i sleep tonight

MartinUtd
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
I bet their shaking in their boots right now after winning a nail-biter 3-0 yesterday.

Absolutely

Sonny Cheeba
03-20-2009, 06:20 PM
well considering how much complaining goes on on these boards about how bad TFC is when it comes to scoring, winning, getting in the playoffs, are you really surprised when someone basically says "i hope we do better than TFC"? i'm not, i wish we started better, but i also feel that the anticipation that we had for the first goal was unreal. so i'm happy with the way things panned out.

that being said, 9 games? c'mon, get your shit straight. and i hope we beat the shit out of them in three weeks.

Rudi
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
You guys have too much time on your hands.

FFS, TFC starts their season tomorrow. Who gives a fuck about these assholes?

BC101
03-20-2009, 06:23 PM

LOL the Rud man hahaha :hump: Good old Rudi.

Sonny Cheeba
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
starts tomorrow? shit i better get my red merkin out.

rocker
03-20-2009, 06:26 PM

no... let's keep having orgasms over Montero. ;)

Rudi
03-20-2009, 06:28 PM
LOL the Rud man hahaha :hump: Good old Rudi.
LOL... all I'm saying is let them have their fun, they're new.

Their first road game is against us, so let's see how well they play in front of a hostile crowd and against a team that can attack just as well (if not better) than they can.

Besides, I have a feeling RSL will pull them back down to earth next week anyway.

james
03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
What can you say... they did sell more season's tickets and it did take us a while to score a goal :noidea: (although he should get his facts right if he's gonna talk smack)

they sold more tickets because are stadium only has 20,000 seats. Seattle play in a 67,000 seats stadium, tho they only sell somethin like 25,000 seats a game. But still they have a much bigger stadium and cann sell as much tickets as they want.

The Oz
03-20-2009, 06:54 PM

Amen my good sir. :D

Canadian Blue
03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Judging from the few minutes of video replay on MLS site, the atmosphere in Seattle was electric. If the fans keep it up all year, we will be forced to take it up a notch or two at our games to remain the best and loudest supporters in the league.

By this do you mean one or 2 loud sections making redundant noise recycling the same sad chants from week 1 year 1?

Sorry to say this guys but I think as supporters we have not progressed very far....

Kickit09
03-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Seattle is nothing more than hype. they play in a half empty stadium, their chanting and singing during the game is unorganized and unrecognizable, and their front office needs to organize their support (like leading the march and sending out song sheets for example). it makes me laugh when i hear them called the new best supporters in MLS.

pimpslapt
03-20-2009, 07:13 PM
By this do you mean one or 2 loud sections making redundant noise recycling the same sad chants from week 1 year 1?

Sorry to say this guys but I think as supporters we have not progressed very far....

i'm sorry that i have to agree with you......2 simultaneous chants going on in the south end at any given time......that is an issue that needs dealing with, i can't hate on the sounders at all

BakaGaijin
03-20-2009, 07:29 PM
i'm sorry that i have to agree with you......2 simultaneous chants going on in the south end at any given time......that is an issue that needs dealing with, i can't hate on the sounders at all

The acoustics (or lack there of) in our stadium is fucked. When you sit in 219 you can hear every single section of the South end. However, if you sit in 119, directly below, you can only hear sections that section and 118 and 117 of the South........you have no clue what 112 or 113 are singing because you can't hear them.

kodiakTFC
03-20-2009, 07:37 PM
22,000 season tickets... holy crap. Lets see if it stands the test of time and see if that goes up next year. My guess is that it will.

Erkan16
03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
meh, that didnt bother me too much.

we will let our play on the field speak for itself.

james
03-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Seattle is nothing more than hype. they play in a half empty stadium, their chanting and singing during the game is unorganized and unrecognizable, and their front office needs to organize their support (like leading the march and sending out song sheets for example). it makes me laugh when i hear them called the new best supporters in MLS.

man they have played 1 GAME! they have time to inprove there chanting, of course they will be unorganized, so were we, in fact we still are unorganized. But on TV the stadium sure seemed dam loud with lots of screamming and shit...much like are games.

They have 25,000 fans a game this season. Ya it would be better if they played in a smaller stadium but for what they got they are among the best supporters ive seen in MLS. And TFC i bet couldnt get much more fans. I bet TFC at most could average 30,000 fans a game even tho some people in here get crazy ideas that we could sell out 50,000 seats every game (believe me we cant, maybe just a 1 off big match we could).

But for the first game id say TFC, DC and Seattle are probably gonna be the best supporters in MLS.

james
03-20-2009, 07:52 PM

Seattle Sounders sounded alot like TFC on TV. Lots of crazy drunk fans, lots of passion, screamming and yelling, but the chanting and singing is hard to understand what they are actually singing cause different sections sing and chant different shit.

Brooker
03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
another Seattle thread in the TFC section.

if i wanted to talk about those dickheads I'd go to their board.

Kickit09
03-20-2009, 08:04 PM
man they have played 1 GAME! they have time to inprove there chanting. But on TV the stadium sure seemed dam loud with lots of screamming and shit...much like are games. TFC games on TV its often hard to here what the South End fans are chating because people in other sections are just screamming and yelling random shit. Us TFC supporters arent as good as chanting as some of you may think. We have alot of work to do inprove it.

But for the first game id say TFC, DC and Seattle are probably gonna be the best supporters in MLS.

exactly, 1 GAME... and they and most americans think seattle are the best supporters in MLS.

i'll agree with you that we have a lot of work to do to improve but ive seen several TFC games on TV, and you can at least make out chants/songs over the TV. last night when i watched the sounders game all i herd was noise.

im not saying seattle is bad or anything, they will prob be one of the better supported clubs. im just saying that its way too early to call them the best supporters in MLS and that it makes me laugh because i've already herd it so much.

noochie
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
whatever... sweet marching band you got there fucksticks... see you on the 4th

james
03-20-2009, 08:13 PM
exactly, 1 GAME... and they and most americans think seattle are the best supporters in MLS.

i'll agree with you that we have a lot of work to do to improve but ive seen several TFC games on TV, and you can at least make out chants/songs over the TV. last night when i watched the sounders game all i herd was noise.

im not saying seattle is bad or anything, they will prob be one of the better supported clubs. im just saying that its way too early to call them the best supporters in MLS and that it makes me laugh because i've already herd it so much.

ya ill agree with you on this!!!

and as long as they play in a huge stadium like that it will never look as good as a TFC game. I still prefer seeing teams in smaller venues that are full, then huge stadiums that are half full.

Cashcleaner
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Let the babies have their bottle. We're going to sell out BMO Field and spank the league's ass while we do so.

Fuck all y'all, bitches! :D

MUFC_Niagara
03-20-2009, 10:08 PM
well, at least their stadium was full at kickoff and not have empty like BMO.....apart from that...they had good support but nothing better than BMO on a good day....

Mrs. Workie
03-20-2009, 10:21 PM
In other news, the sun rose today...

AKA...WHO CARES?!

Kickit09
03-20-2009, 10:45 PM
well, at least their stadium was full at kickoff and not have empty like BMO.....apart from that...they had good support but nothing better than BMO on a good day....

since when is 32,000 out of 67,000 full. :noidea: i keep hearing and seeing words like "full", ''sell out", and "sold out" but there were 35,000 empty seats, more than half the stadium. i know they don't sell tickets to the upper level, and they can cover it up with tarps all they want, but its still a big half-empty stadium..... just another example of how sounders are all hype.

echo, echoo, echooo
http://i.media.goal.com/g/45585.jpg

MUFC_Niagara
03-20-2009, 10:52 PM
since when is 32,000 out of 67,000 full. :noidea: i keep hearing and seeing words like "full", ''sell out", and "sold out" but there were 35,000 empty seats, more than half the stadium. i know they don't sell tickets to the upper level, and they can cover it up with tarps all they want, but its still a big half-empty stadium..... just another example of how sounders are all hype.

echo, echoo, echooo
http://i.media.goal.com/g/45585.jpg

Let me rephrase....of the seats that were sold, they are all full at KO as opposed to BMO which is half empty at kickoff

Kickit09
03-20-2009, 10:55 PM
i know what you ment, i was just making a point about the sounders hype

echooooooo, echoooooooooooooo echooooooooooooooooooooo

MUFC_Niagara
03-20-2009, 11:01 PM
i know what you ment, i was just making a point about the sounders hype

echooooooo, echoooooooooooooo echooooooooooooooooooooo

btw....beautiful avatar!

forza_tfc
03-20-2009, 11:14 PM
^ They're definitely on the same wavelength when it comes to pie.

I would laugh my ass off if I heard a Drew Carey pie chant. Someone get on it.

forza_tfc
03-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Or a Roth - Disney chant (since it was Roth who was yapping).

Hooligan69
03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't give a frickin' damn what anyone else thinks about Toronto FC or us as supporters. The opinions of other MLS clubs and their supporters aren't worth anything to me. All I care about is TFC earning victories and a playoff spot. I won't be losing any sleep over this either.

Kickit09
03-20-2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=1407

James Oliphant
03-21-2009, 12:44 AM

Oh come on...easiest chant ever.

Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
Drew, fat bastard!
Drew, fat bastard!
Drew ate all the pies!

koryo
03-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Who cares what someone says about this team. What matters is supporting the club and making the ground as intimidating to visiting teams as possible.

Right?

Shakes McQueen
03-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Who cares what someone says about this team. What matters is supporting the club and making the ground as intimidating to visiting teams as possible.

Right?

No, clearly it's about the vanity of comparing whose support is "better". :D

I'm happy for Seattle, but arguing over who has better support is kind of fruitless.

As long as teams fear coming to play here, and we are providing our guys on the pitch a boost, then our job is done. I'm not interested in comparing decibel levels with other stadiums.

Seattle is going through the "new team" high right now, and will probably eventually settle in to a level of support that is slightly less than they have now, just like we did.

We sell out our house, and they sell out theirs. Everybody wins, as far as I'm concerned.

- Scott

koryo
03-21-2009, 07:41 AM
No, clearly it's about the vanity of comparing whose support is "better". :D

Oh... right then. That's telt me :)

Discussions like these just reveal how insecure we are. Now then, is that a football thing or a cultural thing channelled through football?

Shakes McQueen
03-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Oh... right then. That's telt me :)

Discussions like these just reveal how insecure we are. Now then, is that a football thing or a cultural thing channelled through football?

I think it's just more growing pains. We have enjoyed a two year uncontested run of being called the best support in the league, and lots of people probably take pride in that.

Now there's another new club, with a similarly rabid support base (at least so far), and some are feeling threatened. I think this is a good thing - maybe it'll remind those people that the point of supporting your team is to support them, not to win an intangible contest for being the "best" at it.

- Scott

koryo
03-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Funny thing is, I've considered DC to have better support since day one.

Collectively, and this is something each and every one of us takes responsibility, is that we believed what the papers wrote about our support in the first year.

We're the four year old reacting to a newborn coming home for the first time.

Phil
03-21-2009, 08:08 AM

Right?

Thank you for that.

Honestly I am happy for them and their fans. It has nothing to do with how I am going to support my team and will continue to do so.

Shakes McQueen
03-21-2009, 08:12 AM
We're the four year old reacting to a newborn coming home for the first time.

Exactly.

As for DCU, I think they probably have the most organized "hardcore" supporters, in the Barra Brava, but outside of that the support is less enthusiastic, and plentiful.

That doesn't bother me, though. They've had many more years to figure it out than we have, and we will get better with time. TFC's support organizations are still going through the same learning process as Seattle - we are just farther along.

Things like chants and songs have to spread into the consciousness of TFC fans organically, over a longer period of time. We will eventually look back on these days and laugh.

And chances are Seattle fans will look back and laugh at their marching band and cheerleaders too. Everyone is learning.

- Scott

SoccMan
03-21-2009, 10:47 AM
The one thing that still bugs me is the amount of empty seats at BMO at game time, just before the half ends, and at about the 80th. minute, no matter what the score is you see people leaving in droves, people who got to the game late to start with, leaving early even when the game is still close.

Brooker
03-21-2009, 10:51 AM
The one thing that still bugs me is the amount of empty seats at BMO at game time, just before the half ends, and at about the 80th. minute, no matter what the score is you see people leaving in droves, people who got to the game late to start with, leaving early even when the game is still close.

im too busy yelling, chanting and watching the play to notice

:willy_nilly:

rocker
03-21-2009, 10:52 AM

to fix showing up late, TFC is putting earlier times on the tickets than the actual kickoff, so the casuals show up earlier.

bignickel
03-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Oh come on...easiest chant ever.

Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
Drew, fat bastard!
Drew, fat bastard!
Drew ate all the pies!

bump!!!!

that fucker took a shot at us, so making fun of weight seems reasonable.haha

section 115, home of the longest chant, can make this happen!

Kickit09
03-21-2009, 12:41 PM
bump!!!!

that fucker took a shot at us, so making fun of weight seems reasonable.haha

section 115, home of the longest chant, can make this happen!

did you even watch the video? joe roth is the one that made the comments. drew carrey is pure class, i like him more than i like our own owners, by far.

MFBODD
03-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Guys, how many of you are on the waiting list for seasons? While selling over 20,000 season tickets is impressive for Seattle the fact still remains that our club caps sales. Looking at the two in the same light simply isn't a fair comparison. That said, they seem to have pretty good support and they did spank NY (are shite) in their first match. If they want to say stuff about us, fine. We'll use that against them when they come for a visit in a couple of weeks.

rocker
03-21-2009, 02:43 PM
joe roth annoys me. he has this stuck-up egotism that reeks of hollywood snobbery.

Captain Croatia
03-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Who the fuck is Seattle?

james
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
to fix showing up late, TFC is putting earlier times on the tickets than the actual kickoff, so the casuals show up earlier.

are they actually doing that this year??

Phil
03-21-2009, 03:38 PM
are they actually doing that this year??

Yes, this has been rolled out this year.

t-bag
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
so the casuals show up earlier.

Didnt realize we had a big casuals problem. Maybe we need some cctv in and around BMO...

rocker
03-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Didnt realize we had a big casuals problem. Maybe we need some cctv in and around BMO...

i'm using the north american sense of the term.
i can understand the europeans getting a little confused with the north american meanings though ;)

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-22-2009, 10:10 AM
they sold more tickets because are stadium only has 20,000 seats. Seattle play in a 67,000 seats stadium, tho they only sell somethin like 25,000 seats a game. But still they have a much bigger stadium and cann sell as much tickets as they want.
if TFC had a 30 000 - 40 000 seats i think we would sell out but of couse Toronto can't do anything right when it comes to stadiums or area's. its good to see it take off so well in Seattle, i know were going to bop them :canada:

Mojo
03-22-2009, 10:12 AM
BRB while I watch games in our own soccer specific stadium.

etro
03-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Looking forward to watching TFC dust FC Drew Carey.

Whats with the college football band style music anyways?

Too soft no thanks.

bignickel
03-22-2009, 11:20 AM
did you even watch the video? joe roth is the one that made the comments. drew carrey is pure class, i like him more than i like our own owners, by far.

i did watch the video, drew carey made a similar comment on one of the many t.v. interviews he has done in the last month.

still a good chant.

Super
03-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Let's settle this one April 4th at BMO.

kitchener-TFC
03-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Cocky cocky Starbucks fans....
Lets get our shit together, and intimidate the f*ck out of the Sounders when they come to the Fortress. Their fans will then notice that we are still supreme.

james
03-22-2009, 01:43 PM
if TFC had a 30 000 - 40 000 seats i think we would sell out but of couse Toronto can't do anything right when it comes to stadiums or area's. its good to see it take off so well in Seattle, i know were going to bop them :canada:

id say we could fill maybe 30,000 seats. 40,000 id say only in the short term. If we had some bad seasons the casual fans would leave.

giambac
03-22-2009, 05:30 PM
its kicks off at 1:13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohv4pFGdkKk

Smack talk is good. It creates good rivalries and makes for more excitement when we paly them. Nothing wrong with his comments. Seattle should be proud of their opening game match, their season ticket sales etc. It is good for them and for the league as a whole.

bignickel
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Smack talk is good. It creates good rivalries and makes for more excitement when we paly them. Nothing wrong with his comments. Seattle should be proud of their opening game match, their season ticket sales etc. It is good for them and for the league as a whole.

smack talk is good, but starting a thread regarding the smack talk is even better! gets our supporters fired up.

Boudge
03-23-2009, 11:15 AM
smack talk is good, but starting a thread regarding the smack talk is even better! gets our supporters fired up.

Think anyone from Seattle will be making a trek to T dot for opening game????

BFin
03-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I skipped over most of the posts in this thread as I don't want to read that many posts...however did anyone else catch when the owners told the fans to bust their loads for the team?
Ummm please don't.

David
03-23-2009, 12:24 PM

I don't think we've ever been the best, or the loudest. DC has some wicked support. In terms of the time we were given to organize vs the end product, we were definitely the fastest to catch on in terms of support.

BRed
03-23-2009, 12:37 PM
TORONTO FC vs SEATTLE MUTE

I wish I had tickets to the game, hope the weather holds for everyone attending.

Pachuco
03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes, this has been rolled out this year.

shhh...keep that quite so people don't figure it out and continue to arrive late ;)

Pachuco
03-23-2009, 12:46 PM

We wouldn't sell 40,000 seats out. Not unless Beckham comes to Toronto. Believe me, there were two games I couldn't go to last year and I had problems giving my seats away (for free). Just because you have 10,000 people on the list doesn't mean that you will sell 20,000 more to every game. I think MLSE is doing the right thing by not expanding and keeping the demand up.

Technorgasm
03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
they can take as many points from our Eastern neighbors as they want as far as I am concerned, hell, make the bloody finals. .

they will not move themighty mighty TFC.

Congrats to them, I have nothing but happiness for the city, their fans and supporters.

Until they are our opposition.

Then I will eat their children.