PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Thread for HOME OPENER Ideas

vergilg
03-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to be at the home opener this year but here are some ideas that I hope can materialize:

when starting line-up announced, chant "HEY!" after each name
when players gather around for kick off, a steady chant of "OOooooooh!..." until the ball is kicked, then "HEY!"

Those are just a couple of examples of cool things that add a little more atmosphere, which is what I like about TFC fans - we always improve on the ways we show our fan support, pleasure or displeasure with the team.

PLEASE ADD MORE IDEAS AND I HOPE WE START PRACTICING SOME OF THESE.

-Vergil, Ottawa

trane
03-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I have a home opener idea, lets win.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I have a home opener idea, lets win.

NOthing less!

Four 4 Two
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
3 points on April 4th.
That should make our season total 9 points.

denime
03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately for you is that you can't open members section where we have so many things already going. :poke:

As for HEY suggestions,I don't think first one would work since at BMO field fans always announcing players family names.

and 2nd HEY suggestion is mostly done before corner kicks.

Four 4 Two
03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately for you is that you can't open members section where we have so many things already going. :poke:

As for HEY suggestions,I don't think first one would work since at BMO field fans always announcing players family names.

and oppopsing goal kicks, but instead of "Hey" it's "You fat bastard!!"

dantdot
03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Something being done for Serioux's throw-ins?

vergilg
03-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Something being done for Serioux's throw-ins?

Those deserve special attention for sure! As well as any big tackles.

vergilg
03-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Not a member cause I don't make it for more than 3-4 games a year, but I am a supporter nevertheless.

Let's hope whatever you guys are discussing in there doesn't fall apart like many of the ideas that were shot down by excuses last year.

Brooker
03-20-2009, 01:34 PM

I'm scratching my head as to why it's kept private. Which is perfectly fine by me, but it's just that a lot people in 112 aren't actually members (like myself) and keeping us in the dark will only hurt the effectiveness of the "things going on."

oh well. no bother.

ExiledRed
03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to be at the home opener this year but here are some ideas that I hope can materialize:

when starting line-up announced, chant "HEY!" after each name
when players gather around for kick off, a steady chant of "OOooooooh!..." until the ball is kicked, then "HEY!"
Those are just a couple of examples of cool things that add a little more atmosphere, which is what I like about TFC fans - we always improve on the ways we show our fan support, pleasure or displeasure with the team.

PLEASE ADD MORE IDEAS AND I HOPE WE START PRACTICING SOME OF THESE.

-Vergil, Ottawa

Not to get on your back, but do you have any idea what goes on at BMO?

AL-MO
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm scratching my head as to why it's kept private. Which is perfectly fine by me, but it's just that a lot people in 112 aren't actually members (like myself) and keeping us in the dark will only hurt the effectiveness of the "things going on."

oh well. no bother.

The information is not 'private', it is just posted and discussed in the members area. Banner projects and other initiatives are organized in that section for their input. These are the individuals who have chosen to be a part of this group, and their membership fees go to creating banners, flags etc. you see on game day.

With that said I understand what you are saying, its just not possible given that this is a public forum and who knows who is lurking. (Crew Douchebags etc.)

UltraFootyKWC
03-20-2009, 02:15 PM

oh well. no bother.

I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything as I understand what you're saying, but if you're going to sit in 112 and frequent the message board, why not become a member then? That way you will be on the same page as everyone and you might actually be able to contribute ideas and $$ to the creation of banners, TIFO's, etc.

TOBOR !
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
An old-fashioned foot-stomping on the upper decks would go nicely with Serioux's throw-ins... he just has to find a way to stay on the pitch long enough.

flatpicker
03-20-2009, 03:09 PM
^ A good ol' foot stompin' is always fun!

Stouffville_RPB
03-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Not a member cause I don't make it for more than 3-4 games a year, but I am a supporter nevertheless.

Let's hope whatever you guys are discussing in there doesn't fall apart like many of the ideas that were shot down by excuses last year.

The number of games you make it out to isn't as important as supporting the team. There are lots of other ways to get involved. Don't let the number of games you go to keep you from being a member.

JDG
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM

oh well. no bother.

I'm scratching my head wondering why you're not a Member.
I read your posts, see your comittment, and know you are behind this team to the fullest.
Why wouldn't you want to get in on the decision making, and organizing that goes on in the Members area.
It's not about being exclusive, and "clique-ish" - it's about getting things done without the input of the people who aren't as serious about how we support.

In this open form, we have many people from other supporter groups - TFC's, and other MLS teams'. We are read by certain antagonistic members of of Big Soccer, as well as the press.
It's abundantly clear that MLS Rumours has created stories out of nothing more than comments they've read here.
We do the more serious planning, and organizing away from prying eyes, so we don't get trumped by someone else using one of our ideas, and so the opposition doesn't know what we're bringing to the game when we meet.
The privacy also allows us to avoid derisive discussions about the ideas that come out in the planning process. Some people seem to think that any comment, or idea posted here, is RPB policy, and represents us as a whole.

Surely you can understand how this benefits the group. What benefits the group, ultimately increases our effectiveness in the stands.

trane
03-20-2009, 04:02 PM
^ JDG,

I have a serious question, why have you not been updating the hot women thread?

Laurignano
03-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm scratching my head wondering why you're not a Member.
I read your posts, see your comittment, and know you are behind this team to the fullest.
Why wouldn't you want to get in on the decision making, and organizing that goes on in the Members area.
It's not about being exclusive, and "clique-ish" - it's about getting things done without the input of the people who aren't as serious about how we support.

In this open form, we have many people from other supporter groups - TFC's, and other MLS teams'. We are read by certain antagonistic members of of Big Soccer, as well as the press.
It's abundantly clear that MLS Rumours has created stories out of nothing more than comments they've read here.
We do the more serious planning, and organizing away from prying eyes, so we don't get trumped by someone else using one of our ideas, and so the opposition doesn't know what we're bringing to the game when we meet.
The privacy also allows us to avoid derisive discussions about the ideas that come out in the planning process. Some people seem to think that any comment, or idea posted here, is RPB policy, and represents us as a whole.

Surely you can understand how this benefits the group. What benefits the group, ultimately increases our effectiveness in the stands.

I understand that completely...I am curious how do you become a member? Just by buying a membership?

Is this the case where people who have bought into become a RPB are the people who get to become a part of making this decision process? Or the people who are into making the decisions elected due to their commitment to the team and the forum?

JDG
03-20-2009, 04:22 PM
^ JDG,

I have a serious question, why have you not been updating the hot women thread?

I have taken a break because certain people were using it as part of their agrgument that we're hypocrites in the way we Moderate.
I don't take the argument seriously, but I was getting tired of hearing it.

I understand that completely...I am curious how do you become a member? Just by buying a membership?

Is this the case where people who have bought into become a RPB are the people who get to become a part of making this decision process? Or the people who are into making the decisions elected due to their commitment to the team and the forum?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10263

Most of the people who have the biggest impact have simply stepped up and volunteered - myself included.
If you want to contribute more, Membership is not required, but you have a better chance of having a meaningful impact on RPB activities from the Members area.

trane
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM
^ Too bad, people take the board to seriously.

EGP
03-27-2009, 11:56 AM
has anybody thought of possibly showing support for the players for the upcoming CBA?? the collective bargaining agreement needs to be re evaluated.

Jack
03-27-2009, 12:01 PM
has anybody thought of possibly showing support for the players for the upcoming CBA?? the collective bargaining agreement needs to be re evaluated.
We are aware of this and definitely it will be something that we discuss when the time comes ;)

My personal feeling is that the salary cap should rise and especially the lower echelon salaries should be brought up.

Welcome to the boards, by the way.

BRed
03-27-2009, 08:13 PM
I completely get the purpose of having a private RPB section. I hope there is a filtering process though and not just paying gets you through the door. That way you could be more sure about stupid Columbus fans and other fans intruding. I can't wait to become a member soon!