PDA

View Full Version : The old TFC will be back

Oldtimer
05-28-2008, 07:42 AM
It was disappointing to see how poorly TFC played against the Impact with Guevera gone.

Against LA, we will be missing Brennan, Sutton, Robbo, Guevera, maybe Edu, Robert (red card) and Dichio (injury).

Doesn't this result in something looking more like last years' scoreless drought TFC?

Our only consolation is that LA without Becks and Landycakes will be a truly horrible team. In my mind, it will be a toss-up though. Maybe we should hope for a scoreless draw?

Canadian Blue
05-28-2008, 07:45 AM
I thought Brennan was playing for TFC?? As for Robert being out Smith will do well to replace him. Also maybe Tebily could move into a holding mid role and therefore Dunivant and Julius James may get a chance.

koryo
05-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Or hope that someone will step up.

Wagner
05-28-2008, 07:48 AM
I thought Brennan was playing for TFC?? As for Robert being out Smith will do well to replace him. Also maybe Tebily could move into a holding mid role and therefore Dunivant and Julius James may get a chance.

I'm with you.
we are a lot deeper than last year.
we'll be fine.

we just need to sing louder.

Oldtimer
05-28-2008, 07:49 AM
It was disappointing to see how poorly TFC played against the Impact with Guevera gone. It is obvious what a key player he is, and makes me wonder how TFC would have done last year, had he not stormed off to Honduras after the Chivas debacle.

Against LA, we will be missing Brennan, Sutton, Robbo, Guevera, maybe Edu, Robert (red card) and Dichio (injury).

Doesn't this result in something looking more like last years' scoreless drought TFC?

Our only consolation is that LA without Becks and Landycakes will be a truly horrible team. In my mind, it will be a toss-up though. Maybe we should hope for a scoreless draw?

Nuvinho
05-28-2008, 07:52 AM
LA will be without their ENTIRE TEAM....which translates into No Beckham and No Landycakes.

SilverSamurai
05-28-2008, 07:53 AM
1-1 Tie is my guess... Hopefully Marshall will be back though.
Brennan will be here though, his missing out on the Brazil game to be with TFC.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Like i said, we need to realize that we shouldnt and cant play 4-4-2, stack up our mid and we should be fine.

Nodoubtguy
05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Jimmy B is gonna be there.....he said he's playing for TFC

Ossington Mental Youth
05-28-2008, 08:16 AM
1-1 Tie is my guess... Hopefully Marshall will be back though.
Brennan will be here though, his missing out on the Brazil game to be with TFC.

Not as worried with the defense as i am with the mid/strikers.
Actually, not even worried about the strikers (they are usually ineffective).
Im quite concerned about our mids.
PLAY FUCKING 5 IN THE MIDDLE CARVER!!!!!!!!!

MartinUtd
05-28-2008, 08:16 AM
LA will also be without Jazic

ComeonyouReds
05-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Smith is key!

Jay P
05-28-2008, 08:26 AM
LA played last night w/o becks/landy, lost 1-0 to the rapids in us open cup qualifying

Los Angeles Galaxy -- Steve Cronin, Chris Klein, Sean Franklin, Abel Xavier, Ante Jazic, Brandon McDonald (Josh Tudela 72), Peter Vagenas, Ely Allen (Mike Randolph 46+), Carlos Ruiz (Israel Sesay 63), Edson Buddle, Alan Gordon.

CoachGT
05-28-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm with you.
we are a lot deeper than last year.
we'll be fine.

we just need to sing louder.

And sing through the entire game, much like the first 70 minutes in DC

Nuvinho
05-28-2008, 08:28 AM
LA played last night w/o becks/landy, lost 1-0 to the rapids in us open cup qualifying

Los Angeles Galaxy -- Steve Cronin, Chris Klein, Sean Franklin, Abel Xavier, Ante Jazic, Brandon McDonald (Josh Tudela 72), Peter Vagenas, Ely Allen (Mike Randolph 46+), Carlos Ruiz (Israel Sesay 63), Edson Buddle, Alan Gordon.

That could be the lineup facing us, minus Ante Jazic as he may be playing for Canada.

TFC Cityboy
05-28-2008, 08:28 AM
LA is a truly awful team without Landycakes and Goldenballs.

We still have Todd Dunivant, Pat Phelan and JJ to come in. Jarrod Smith has looked lively and confident, and hopefully Rohan Ricketts will have gained some confidence from a decent showing last night.

It has the makings of a less than entertaining fixture, but I think we'll be ok.

MisterMacphisto
05-28-2008, 08:29 AM
====================

Jay P
05-28-2008, 08:31 AM
i think our side is deep enough to get 3 points from LA.

Nuvinho
05-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Is Velez off to play for PR??

Limani_Ole
05-28-2008, 08:40 AM
---------------Sutton----------------
--------Velez----------Tibely---------
--Wynne---------------------Brennan
----------Harmse----Edu-------------
--Ricketts-----------------Dunivant--
-----------Cunny---Smith------------

Oldtimer
05-28-2008, 08:44 AM
---------------Edwards----------------
--------Velez----------Tibely---------
--Wynne---------------------Melo
----------Harmse----Edu-------------
--Ricketts-----------------Dunivant--
-----------Cunny---Smith------------

corrected.

Doesn't look great, does it?

SilverSamurai
05-28-2008, 08:46 AM
corrected.

Doesn't look great, does it?

Melo for Brennan? Are you insane?!
Brennan will be here on Sat.:D

ua-kozak_TFC
05-28-2008, 08:46 AM
look at the brightside... donovan and beckham aren;t going to play for LA...

Oldtimer
05-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Melo for Brennan? Are you insane?!
Brennan will be here on Sat.:D

Are you sure?

nimamalek
05-28-2008, 08:51 AM
---------------edwards----------------
--wynne----velez---tebily----brennan--
--ricketts--harmes--phelan--dunnivant--
------cunningham-----smith------------

that midfield doesnt give me any confidence, but our defense looks solid and i think cunny or smith can sink a couple against the LA back 4.

cuecas_red
05-28-2008, 08:58 AM
I thought I heard Nigel say that Brennen turned down the chance to play Brazil? The we should have at least him...

woolly
05-28-2008, 08:59 AM
I'd like to think that after dismal play in Montreal Harmse will get benched in favour of one of the younger guys.

Maybe just a faint hope, but I've never been a Harmse fan.

Northern Soul
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Personally, I'd play Brennan in Robert's vacant position.

arsenal
05-28-2008, 09:08 AM
If James is fit I wouldn't mind seeing James/Velez in the back and move Tebily into the DM role. He played it before and I wouldn't mind seeing James in the starting XI instead of Harmse.

MrHawk
05-28-2008, 09:16 AM
If Cunny and Smith's performance last night are of any indication what we can expect Sat vs Galaxy, I'm thinking of a double clean sheet.

Hopefully, Cunny can finally start putting them in. He had too many good chances last night.

Derko
05-28-2008, 09:52 AM
If Cunny and Smith's performance last night are of any indication what we can expect Sat vs Galaxy, I'm thinking of a double clean sheet.

Hopefully, Cunny can finally start putting them in. He had too many good chances last night.

I wouldn't blame Smith, but Cunningham has/is terrible, he obviously doesn't want to play for TFC, it showed in his last reserve squad game he played in. Move him out, bring Lombardo on for LA if Dichio is out, and buy a striker.