johnmolinaro
03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/03/19/sp-toronto-fc-road.html

flatpicker
03-19-2009, 04:20 PM
thanks... will take a look now...

trane
03-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Wow, I do not think that 11-14-5 is respectable, I though we were better then that at home.

johnmolinaro
03-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow, I do not think that 11-14-5 is respectable, I though we were better then that at home.

I think it's respectable for a team less than two years old.

trane
03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
^ I get were you are comming from. Its just that I thought that we did better then that at home. In particular I did not think that we had lost so much at home.

BuSaPuNk
03-19-2009, 04:33 PM
^ Good read John. Yeah I agree that is a pretty respectable record at home. I hope that JC can get the defense to play better overall and especially in the last half of games, and we won't lose so many points late like last year.

Shakes McQueen
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM

In our inaugural season, we were terrible pretty much anywhere. I think that is likely where a majority of the losses came from.

Last year we were great at home, except for a few blemishes (the FC Dallas match comes to mind).

- Scott

BuSaPuNk
03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Last year we were great at home, except for a few blemishes (the FC Dallas match comes to mind).

- Scott

Don't remind me.....worst call ever!! :hump:

Gobi
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm glad Carver (et al) are trying to pinpoint the exact mistakes that have led to those late goals against us. Promising stuff.

trane
03-19-2009, 04:39 PM
In our inaugural season, we were terrible pretty much anywhere. I think that is likely where a majority of the losses came from.

- Scott

We have had quite a few terrible calls at home. Even in the first season we would have a better record, some draws would have been wins, and some losses draws, if not wins.

James Oliphant
03-19-2009, 04:43 PM

- Scott

I wouldn't say we were great at home...only 2 league losses, yes, but 7 draws to go with the 6 wins. We had 5 home wins in season one (but 7 losses and only 3 draws). It was an improvement for sure, but those draws need to turn into wins.

JonO
03-19-2009, 04:44 PM
^^ Agreed - too many draws...

rocker
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
most teams in MLS have shit road records.

I mean, only two teams had winning road records last year, and they had 6-5-4 (Columbus and Chicago). So something is going on with the road (travelling too far? unfamiliar pitches?) that affects every team. The better teams overcome it to a degree. But people should not expect too much on the road. If we were to get 4 road wins and 2 ties this year, that would be MASSIVE.

For example, if Columbus had lost 2 more games on the road, and TFC had won 2 more games on the road, they'd have had almost identical road records. This is really small numbers when you think about it between best in the league, and near bottom.

Clearly Carver focusing on the little lapses is probably the best focus more than anything. It's on a knife's edge in this league.

JonO
03-19-2009, 04:48 PM
For example, if Columbus had lost 2 more games on the road, and TFC had won 2 more games on the road, they'd have identical road records. This is really small numbers when you think about it between best in the league, and near bottom.

:) That's an interesting way of looking at it. Another way is to say if Toronto had won 4 more games they would have the same road record as Columbus - and that's a significant amount of wins on the road...

rocker
03-19-2009, 04:51 PM
ya, the reason I have the 2 down, 2 up example is it's soooo unlikely TFC would win 4 more road games.. that would put TFC above the best in the league last year on the road. But could the KKKrew lose a couple in the last minute and TFC hold on to 2 in the last minute?
much more possible.

trane
03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
most teams in MLS have shit road records.

I mean, only two teams had winning road records last year, and they had 6-5-4 (Columbus and Chicago). So something is going on with the road (travelling too far? unfamiliar pitches?) that affects every team. The better teams overcome it to a degree. But people should not expect too much on the road. If we were to get 4 road wins and 2 ties this year, that would be MASSIVE.

For example, if Columbus had lost 2 more games on the road, and TFC had won 2 more games on the road, they'd have had almost identical road records. This is really small numbers when you think about it between best in the league, and near bottom.

Clearly Carver focusing on the little lapses is probably the best focus more than anything. It's on a knife's edge in this league.

Shit defending all around. Typicaly teams that can defend win on the road. Simply put MLS teams cannot defend.