PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Reed!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Im all for GOLTV..Jumping in a Brodcasting TFC away games.....and along with showing other teams as well!.....Its great to see!

BUt what does this do to the VOICE of TFC...yes NIGEL REED!...I think CBC...is only sheduled to carry 10 or so games this season. I'd hate to see not only a great Person...an RPB BACKER! and someone from day one that has been pushing for TFC noteability and success to be cut back on his passion for TFC and his bread and BUtter!

!

anyway something that was on my mind!

Is a GOLTV'S...Broadcaster already in place?

akoto
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM
He will probably be broadcasting the NCC games and our CCL games as well.

Brooker
03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
i dont know how it works but since he works for CBC, TFC couldn't get him to do the GolTV games, right?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
He will probably be broadcasting the NCC games and our CCL games as well.

Mabey im overeacting......He's just a great Lad....and believe me...BLEEDS RED!:hump:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
i dont know how it works but since he works for CBC, TFC couldn't get him to do the GolTV games, right?

If he's Freelance...yes!

But if he's under contract...id say no

gmacpheetfc
03-19-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10909

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Gol might be taking the usa feeds of the game, from either espn or FSC..i would hope they would have their own camera and crew down there, but since this late i would expect us feed.

rocker
03-19-2009, 04:38 PM
if i have a son someday, I'm gonna name him Nigel. If it's a girl, Nigella.

Damien
03-19-2009, 04:40 PM
if i have a son someday, I'm gonna name him Nigel. If it's a girl, Nigella.

You mean Nigelina

rocker
03-19-2009, 04:52 PM
You mean Nigelina

i'm thinking of nigella the chef :)

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_01/nigellaES0409_468x614.jpg

johnmolinaro
03-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Luke Wileman and Jason de Vos are calling the games for GOL and from what they both told me, they will be calling the road games from the stadium. so Jason and Luke will be in KC on Saturday.

Yohan
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
i'm thinking of nigella the chef :)

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_01/nigellaES0409_468x614.jpg
God bless her boobs

http://images.celebset.net/pics/N/Nigella%20Lawson2006101620162502890.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/wwxcrackhead/NigellaLawson.jpg

Pachuco
03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
I like Nigel, but I HATE CBC BOLD. Therefore, the less games CBC gets the happier I am. I sound like a broken record, but CBC will never change. They will always show hockey over soccer, and TFC will always play soccer during hockey playoffs. Therefore, I would be extatic if CBC never sees another TFC game. CBC Bold HD is all we need now :)

TorCanSoc
03-19-2009, 06:22 PM
^ Good point Pachuco.

scooter
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
i heard nigela bites---thats all good

nigel reed rocks we do need to support him

VPjr
03-20-2009, 02:22 AM
If I'm not mistaken Luke Wileman is an MLSE employee and he's got experience doing play by play back in jolly 'ol.

I'd prefer to see Nigel do all the games but Luke will be good. its the RSN crew that I'm not as fond of, to be honest.

arbogast
03-20-2009, 08:04 AM
I really want to see TFC follow the Raptor's lead and hire one play by play guy (like the Swirsk) to do all the games no matter which station broadcasts the game.

...And I'd like that guy to be Nigel Reed.

He really is the voice of the club and has quickly become, IMO, the voice of footy in Canada on tv.

Dozitwin
03-20-2009, 08:14 AM

It will depend on if he has an exclusive contract wtih CBC. Remember that Craig Forrest covered TFC matches for both CBC and Sportsnet until he signed his exclusive deal with Sports net.

Aside from that it basically looks like GolTV is picking up the away coverage where the Score was used last year. I'm not really sure that CBC has cut back on their coverage. I looks to be pretty much on par with that they did last year.

Dozitwin
03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
If I'm not mistaken Luke Wileman is an MLSE employee and he's got experience doing play by play back in jolly 'ol.

I'd prefer to see Nigel do all the games but Luke will be good. its the RSN crew that I'm not as fond of, to be honest.

Is Luke Wileman the voice of Toronto FC TV?

arbogast
03-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Is Luke Wileman the voice of Toronto FC TV?

Yeah. He does all the voice overs on the game highlights and player interviews

spezz44
03-20-2009, 09:09 AM
dont know how many of you saw primetime sports the other day, dan dunlevy will be doing the radio play by play on the FAN any thoughts?

Blizzard
03-20-2009, 10:30 AM

Ya, Dino, agreed.

From what I understand, Luke has done radio of both Sheffield United and Leeds United http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/articles/2005/02/21/sport_united_luke_wileman_200502_feature.shtml . I like Wileman's pace based on what I've heard so far on his regular radio gigs and from the Independiente game. Team him up with a proper colour man in DeVos and I think we'll all be very happy with him.

I do like Nigel too and in an ideal world perhaps we'd have one man do all the games but hell, not even the Leaf's Joe Bowen calls the TSN games as they insist on their own man.

Whether this is a case of each network wanting their own identity I don't know but it's understandable that they would want to do so.

B

arbogast
03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
dont know how many of you saw primetime sports the other day, dan dunlevy will be doing the radio play by play on the FAN any thoughts?

He seems to be passionate about the sport and he's done Lynx games. I think he'll do a fine job

Blizzard
03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
It will depend on if he has an exclusive contract wtih CBC. Remember that Craig Forrest covered TFC matches for both CBC and Sportsnet until he signed his exclusive deal with Sports net.

Aside from that it basically looks like GolTV is picking up the away coverage where the Score was used last year. I'm not really sure that CBC has cut back on their coverage. I looks to be pretty much on par with that they did last year.

Hopefully they'll be getting a clean video feed so they can put their own brand on without having to deal with the local broadcaster's stuff but they key thing here is that Luke and Jason will be in KC so there will be no calling off monitors.

That alone is a huge step forward. :D

James17930
03-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Ya, Dino, agreed.

From what I understand, Luke has done radio of both Sheffield United and Leeds United http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/articles/2005/02/21/sport_united_luke_wileman_200502_feature.shtml . I like Wileman's pace based on what I've heard so far on his regular radio gigs and from the Independiente game. Team him up with a proper colour man in DeVos and I think we'll all be very happy with him.

B

His voice is all right, but I find he often asks stupid questions.

Like, he'll ask something, then a player will give the requested response, but expand on the answer; then he'll ask his next planned question no matter what even though the player has basically already answered it with his previous answer.

It happens in almost all of his interviews -- it's like he's not able to think on his feet.

But maybe I'm being too picky.

Stouffville_RPB
03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Nigel! Nigel! Nigel!

He should follow TFC everywhere they go!

Nigel Reed is the man. I have the upmost respect for the man and his continued efforts towards the game in this country.

twistedchinaman
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Nigel Reed is the man. I have the upmost respect for the man and his continued efforts towards the game in this country.

+1'd

Mark in Ottawa
03-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Nigel! Nigel! Nigel!

He should follow TFC everywhere they go!

+1.

We can only hope that Nigel doesn't get caught in the expected CBC downsizing :eek:

VPjr
03-21-2009, 12:42 AM
^ the CBC might be downsizing in lots of departments but I'm told their getting to ramp up their commitment to soccer in the run up to WC2010 and beyond.