PDA

View Full Version : MLS Fan Code of Conduct

daner90
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Enjoy!

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090318&content_id=227210&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

JDG
03-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Might as well post the whole thing:

MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Major League Soccer is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums. MLS fans have a right to expect an environment where:
• Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
• Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, *thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
• Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
• Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
• Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
• Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
*NOTE: The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF CONDUCT IS SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS, INCLUDING EJECTION, BANISHMENT AND ARREST.
MLS and its Clubs thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct and for making this event special and memorable to you and your fellow patrons.
MLS PLEDGE TO FANS
Major League Soccer values the support of every one of its fans. MLS pledges to protect a fan's right to:
• Watch the game in a safe, clean and healthy environment.
• Be treated in a courteous, consistent and professional manner.
• Be treated with dignity and respect by other spectators attending the game and those organizing the event.
• 'Support' his or her team, provided that the support is in good taste and neither adversely impacts the event experience of fellow spectators nor negatively impacts the game.
• Expect displays of good sportsmanship. • Expect timely and accurate information related to the game.

egoodwin
03-18-2009, 05:28 PM
meh old news... it was leaked a week or so ago

celt-nick
03-18-2009, 05:30 PM
*NOTE: The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member. FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF CONDUCT IS SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS, INCLUDING EJECTION, BANISHMENT AND ARREST.

If I get custome rolls of toilet paper with Colubus Crew printed on it to throw, does that count as a streamer??

JDG
03-18-2009, 05:30 PM
meh old news... it was leaked a week or so ago

...and you didn't share the news because?

Parkdale
03-18-2009, 05:31 PM
• Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, *thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.

but Beckerman IS a dirty hippie

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/mediaUS/20070831/beckerman_RSL_205.jpg

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-18-2009, 05:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/HollyHobbit/redbullshite.jpg

:)

TorCanSoc
03-18-2009, 05:58 PM
^ Beckerman... dirty hippie....:rofl:

egoodwin
03-18-2009, 06:51 PM
...and you didn't share the news because?
was MLSR

and cause I'm too lazy

mclaren
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
I like the word "Banishment" - sounds very harsh ;)

Bloor West FC
03-18-2009, 07:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/HollyHobbit/redbullshite.jpg

:)

I dont see anything wrong with this banner. No foul language and it says the truth!

billyfly
03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh no. I am gonna get thrown out of BMO now....

Cashcleaner
03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Major League Soccer values the support of every one of its fans. MLS pledges to protect a fan's right to:

'Support' his or her team, provided that the support is in good taste and neither adversely impacts the event experience of fellow spectators nor negatively impacts the game.

Fail. It's called "home field advantage for a reason. I want my actions to disrupt the opposing team.

Brooker
03-19-2009, 01:36 AM
the entire south end will be empty i guess. lol.

RedWookie
03-19-2009, 01:52 AM
More seats for me! (to get kicked out of)

Keystone FC
03-19-2009, 04:48 AM
I like the word "Banishment" - sounds very harsh ;)

I was expecting to see 'the rack', 'thumb screws', or even 'waterboarding' after banishment.

Wagner
03-19-2009, 04:58 AM
A lot of time policy is written with a harsh tone and exaggerated results (banishment?) so that the powers that be have a little extra ammo if they need it.
I'm sure things are going to be the same at BMO this year.
But if the policy says..."we want you to be kind of crazy" - what sort of recourse does that give the FO if someone goes Batshit crazy?

pubboy
03-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.

Are they serious ? Next rule will be a big group hug before and after the game with any away supporters and the ref !

Mark in Ottawa
03-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Is this information included in your seasons tickets package somewhere?

pubboy
03-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Is this information included in your seasons tickets package somewhere?

Dont think so. At least, i havent seen it.

Cuz
03-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Rules were meant to be broken. That's why they are rules. So now that we finally have a little bit of order, we know where to create the chaos! lol

Shaughno
03-19-2009, 07:29 AM
They have to have a standard set of rules. Doesn't mean they will enfore it more or less than they would have before.

mclaren
03-19-2009, 07:42 AM
The rules are pretty straightforward - can't really argue with them.

koryo
03-19-2009, 08:29 AM
The absolutely no foul language or gestures bit is asking a bit much given the state of officiating in this league.

Parkdale
03-19-2009, 08:32 AM
would someone please inform RSL that it's is not okay to flip the bird at opposing supporters?

hell... they are already in Utah. You can't really threaten someone in Utah with banishment

Gobi
03-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Mostly it's standard fare and not too troubling, but:
"respectful and courteous to the opposing team players and the refs"???
Thanks, but no. They can f*ck themselves.

KrazyKanadian
03-19-2009, 08:54 AM
• Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, *thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages....

There go half our banners...haha.

BBBulldog
03-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Um this has basically been on mls website and some others for years now, how's this new?

JonO
03-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Um this has basically been on mls website and some others for years now, how's this new?
I don't think we've discussed it in at least 3 months...

Will the damn season start already!!

SilverSamurai
03-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.

Are they serious ? Next rule will be a big group hug before and after the game with any away supporters and the ref !
Does that mean I can no longer call the ref a wanker? :eek:

would someone please inform RSL that it's is not okay to flip the bird at opposing supporters?

hell... they are already in Utah. You can't really threaten someone in Utah with banishment
LOL

• Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, *thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages....

There go half our banners...haha.
Don't forget the sack the csa banners... lol

gtaguy
03-19-2009, 11:08 AM
loved how the headline on mlsnet was showing a picture of all the tfc supporters holding thier scarves up.. what are they trying to say ..

AL-MO
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Saw this before.

The MLS can eat a dick.

RedRum
03-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Saw this before.

The MLS can eat a dick.

Someone message a mod. kdot has hijacked Al's account :D

Technorgasm
03-19-2009, 01:16 PM
The absolutely no foul language or gestures bit is asking a bit much given the state of officiating in this league.

took the words right out of my Mouth.

No gestures and/or Cursing

If you are bringing your child, or your a tight ass leftist
and you hate cursing, and in your hate your experience is being negitivley effected.

I am in the wrong for cursing?

I mean, its a sporting event, you are mixed in with the public.
I take offence!

Not being able to curse effects my experience in a negative way.
thats all Im saying.

ps.
FUCK OFF