PDA

View Full Version : Question About Video on CBC.ca

James17930
03-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone is able to answer these questions for me:

1) Will the games broadcast on CBC this year be available live online at the same time, like last year?

2) Will games also continue to be archived so they can be watched at a later time?

3) If so, will both (or one) of these services be available to people outside of Canada (i.e. me in Taiwan)?

And finally -- if the answer is yes to all the above questions, I would be very appreciative, but . . .

. . . could the final score of the game please stop being included in the title of the archived file? This way if someone hasn't seen it, they won't have the score ruined for them. Just showing the date of the game would suffice, I think. :)

James17930
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
No one knows? :(

gtaguy
03-18-2009, 06:07 PM
if they do broadcast it via the web i would suggest you read up on free proxy servers..you can bypass the region crap that way.. theres are tons of them on the web that you can make websites think your in the local region.. i do it all the time when i can't view content becuase its only viewable in the good old US of A...

James17930
03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
if they do broadcast it via the web i would suggest you read up on free proxy servers..you can bypass the region crap that way.. theres are tons of them on the web that you can make websites think your in the local region.. i do it all the time when i can't view content becuase its only viewable in the good old US of A...

Yeah I've tried that before, but from Asia I find they are mostly too slow and I can't get a good stream.

But I could fiddle around with it some more.

My real main concern, though, is making sure they don't post the score on the file name when you go to watch it. So annoying!

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
John Molinaro responded to a number of similar requests last year by saying that the games are considered "news" and thus are "required" to be archived according to a certain format, one aspect of which is that the filename needs to include the score at the beginning. He commiserated with our complaints and passed them along to the powers that be, but apparently the naming convention is a "requirement".

James -- I'll be in Taipei in the middle of May. Will you still be around? Where are you living? Where are you drinking? Are there any bars that show MLS?

James17930
03-18-2009, 08:45 PM
John Molinaro responded to a number of similar requests last year by saying that the games are considered "news" and thus are "required" to be archived according to a certain format, one aspect of which is that the filename needs to include the score at the beginning. He commiserated with our complaints and passed them along to the powers that be, but apparently the naming convention is a "requirement".

James -- I'll be in Taipei in the middle of May. Will you still be around? Where are you living? Where are you drinking? Are there any bars that show MLS?

Check your PM