PDA

View Full Version : Who is Bobo?

Red CB Toronto
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
John Carver in today's media scrum was asked about a tall guy out on the pitch today and he said his name was Bobo who is Croation, but could pronounce his last name, who is this guy, anyone know?

Lucky Strike
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
John Carver in today's media scrum was asked about a tall guy out on the pitch today and he said his name was Bobo who is Croation, but could pronounce his last name, who is this guy, anyone know?

That sounds really familiar actually... The last name escapes me but I think he was a transfer target recently.

Shaughno
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Could it be the American Bobo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Bobo

Or maybe Bobo Balde?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobo_Balde

Huginho
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Bobo Balde? :P

Damien
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Bobo....

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/images/MrBurnsBobo.gif

Whoop
Croatian?

Bosko Balaban?

Lucky Strike
Bobo Radovan comes to mind, but I can't be sure.

Lucky Strike
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Croatian?

Bosko Balaban?

That's what I was thinking of. I obviously wasn't right... Maybe Bobo is just a nickname for Bosko.

Nuvinho
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Or maybe Bobo Balde?

Blade is tall.

Shaughno
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM

Or maybe Bobo Balde?

Bobo Balde? :P

Looks like he hasn't played a match for Celtic this year?

billyfly
03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Isn't there a Bobo on this board?

Shaughno
That's what I was thinking of. I obviously wasn't right... Maybe Bobo is just a nickname for Bosko.

Bobo is Christian Vieri's nickname.. but he's a striker. :lol:

Whoop
Balde is French... LOL

Damien
Christian Vieri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Vieri) (born 1973), known as Bobo, Italian footballer

Shaughno
Isn't there a Bobo on this board?

Yup, pretty sure he's croatian.

Shaughno
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Balde is French... LOL

I dunno, fits the profile aside from background. :lol:

Only one I can think of that's croation is Bosko Babalan.

Whoop
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Nah, Bobo on the board is not Croatian. I think he's half Italian, half Portuguese.

MrHawk
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
It's not Bosko Balaban. Even though he was released from DZ 2 weeks ago, he has decided he will train with the team through a personal trainer.

Club management has reportedly been dissatisfied with the two since they had been playing badly but did not tell them anything other than to offer them severance pay.

Since they have valid contracts with the club, the players have decided to stay with it even if it no longer wants them.

Balaban, whose contract expires in 2010, will reportedly receive almost one million Euros if the club repudiates it.

Balaban has therefore decided to stay with Dinamo despite that he will not play any more. He is aware it is too late to search for a new club this season and has decided to train with a personal trainer.

I heard through the grapevine of a defender Slobodan Stranatic from NK Osijek, who may be on a tryout.
http://sportnet.hr/Klub.aspx?ID=6&igracID=388

192cm (so about 6'4"), 86Kg (185lbs)

This was through a local Croatian site.

Shaughno
03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
^^ Only 23? Sounds promising...

Whoop
03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Slobodan Stranatić is listed at 192 cm, which makes him about 6' 3".

MrHawk
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
6'4"(A little shorter than I am)

MrHawk
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't know much about him, only 9 matches this year with mid-table NK Osijek.

That's about the only name i've heard that it could be.

djking2
03-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Likely Bobo Balde from Celtic. The were saying in the ICT-Celtic match last week that he was tires of not playing and looking to leave But he's French

Whoop
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
And odds are the Croatian guy is white, and Balde is black.

Torcida
03-17-2009, 03:49 PM
And odds are the Croatian guy is white, and Balde is black.
Hmm unless he is Croatian and Black then my guess it is this guy (guy on the far right) ;)

http://s1.trosjed.net.hr/trosjed/avatari/104410a_0_vyBpb.jpg

Whoop
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Black Croatians are pretty rare. :p

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-17-2009, 04:01 PM
BOBO MCCLOWN! is he secretly obsessed with football ! does he want to try out for tfc:eek:

trane
03-17-2009, 04:10 PM
From what I see the guy is a LW.

Pigfynn
03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
What you saw where?

johnmolinaro
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Slobodan Strantic trained with the club for the past two days. Saw him train today and he was limping around (he hurt his foot, apparently).

Anyway, a TFC official told me he's returning home today and won't be signing with the team.

djking2
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
thanks John

"THE PAGE"
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
maybe its bobo baggins from middle earth?

Bobo
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Nah, Bobo on the board is not Croatian. I think he's half Italian, half Portuguese.

Nice!

Not Croatian but my last name is sometimes a bit difficult to pronounce. My skills are far too superior for MLS, so I want to pursue a bigger challenge. Sorry guys.

Mixing up Frodo and Bilbo? :D

GeorgeB
03-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Slobodan Strantic trained with the club for the past two days. Saw him train today and he was limping around (he hurt his foot, apparently).

Anyway, a TFC official told me he's returning home today and won't be signing with the team.

now that would be more like Slobo.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Im Telling you its bobo mclown

http://www.chok.com/images/bob_mccown.jpg

DigzTFC!
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
It must be killing you John...knowing who TFC is after and you can't tell anyone. I mean, if you circulate the rumor on your blog you'd create a lot of hits for CBC sports. I applaud your effort to keep your oath.

trane
03-17-2009, 05:06 PM
What you saw where?

On his last team's website, he seems to be listed as a LW. Anyhow it does not seem to matter now.

johnmolinaro
03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
It must be killing you John...knowing who TFC is after and you can't tell anyone. I mean, if you circulate the rumor on your blog you'd create a lot of hits for CBC sports. I applaud your effort to keep your oath.

LOL. yeah, you're right.

The thing is, though, that I was told of it in the strictest of confidence and told about it off the record, so I can't use it. Besides, I hate how a lot of reporters throw out rumours and speculation. Often times they don't turn out to be true - like when a few of my media colleagues were reporting Mo would trade all three of his first-round picks in the draft, and then used all three.

The person has promised to try and give me a heads up before any deal becomes official, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

John

DigzTFC!
03-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Obviously there isn't a definite time frame. Is the player able to come before the July window? Should we expect a "wait and see" approach to our backline issues? 4-5 games?

Ontario Arab
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Should we be excited though John..I think thats all we all want to know ????

jloome
03-17-2009, 09:11 PM
If bobo is supposed to refer to our new defender -- I haven't heard the audio clip -- then it's former Celtic standour Bobo Balde.

First name is actualy Dianbobo, or something like that. Hold on, I'll wiki....

Eek, why I should read ahead, in 10 easy lessons.

Blizzard
03-17-2009, 09:39 PM
If bobo is supposed to refer to our new defender -- I haven't heard the audio clip -- then it's former Celtic standour Bobo Balde.

First name is actualy Dianbobo, or something like that. Hold on, I'll wiki....

Eek, why I should read ahead, in 10 easy lessons.

Just to clarify for anybody who missed the earlier clarification:

At 5:18pm, John Molinaro wrote: Slobodan Strantic trained with the club for the past two days. Saw him train today and he was limping around (he hurt his foot, apparently).

FluSH
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
LOL. yeah, you're right.

The thing is, though, that I was told of it in the strictest of confidence and told about it off the record, so I can't use it. Besides, I hate how a lot of reporters throw out rumours and speculation. Often times they don't turn out to be true - like when a few of my media colleagues were reporting Mo would trade all three of his first-round picks in the draft, and then used all three.

The person has promised to try and give me a heads up before any deal becomes official, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

John

very nice...

any word on what position this "bobo" was training for...

Inklink
03-17-2009, 10:46 PM

TFC broke is foot and sent him back. :canada:

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Too bad it wasn't Bobo Balde - that would have been killer.

hrvat87
03-18-2009, 02:08 AM
all of you people are rude...I've played with BOBO @ OLYMPIJA 2nd divison in croatia,as he currently plays for OSIJEK in the 1st divison in Croatia,he's tall,fast and very hard to beat 1 on 1..espicallly in the air...he would be a great addition to TFC espicallly the backline has he is a CB...but because he's not over 30,and not english,TORONTO FC dont want BOBO....As I play for Toronto Croatia of the CSL,and will be meeting up with BOBO 2mmrow

ExiledRed
03-18-2009, 02:12 AM
all of you people are rude...I've played with BOBO @ OLYMPIJA 2nd divison in croatia,as he currently plays for OSIJEK in the 1st divison in Croatia,he's tall,fast and very hard to beat 1 on 1..espicallly in the air...he would be a great addition to TFC espicallly the backline has he is a CB...but because he's not over 30,and not english,TORONTO FC dont want BOBO....As I play for Toronto Croatia of the CSL,and will be meeting up with BOBO 2mmrow

Are you sure they don't want Bobo? Is it possible Bobo doesn't want TFC, or maybe the plastic pitch? or a salary that doesnt require us to cut another player?

Have you spoken to him about it? or is this a leap to conclusions?

ExiledRed
03-18-2009, 02:16 AM
By the way, the only english guy over 30 on the squad is Dichio, and I'm glad we have him.

Your theory is poor.

TheresOnlyOneDeGuzman
03-18-2009, 06:19 AM
yea seriously theres only 2 english players on the team. thats like saying tfc doesnt want him because hes over 20 and not gambian

Ossington Mental Youth
03-18-2009, 06:33 AM
HAHAHA
or cuz hes not in his mid 20s and jamaican

im gonna go out on a limb and suggest maybe hes not got what it takes

Derko
03-18-2009, 07:46 AM

Bilbo Baggins, shortest CB in history,lol

Derko
03-18-2009, 07:52 AM

Take it easy my friend, it's sounds like you know the player, and have good insight, there are alot of great Croatian players, but no need to be rude yourself, about being over 30 and English, I happen to be over 30 and English and a great guy and not rude!!

Have a good life

hrvat87
03-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I've spoken to BOBO earlier this morning atfter the morning training session,he did tell me that he got injured yesterday @ training.but he hasn't gone back to croatia,a deal is being worked out between MONTH and BOBO'S agent.he invited me over to his place 2night and said he'll fill me in with details.

Pachuco
03-18-2009, 12:33 PM
a deal is being worked out between MONTH and BOBO'S agent.

No idea what you mean here? Who is MONTH?

Whoop
03-18-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm think MO. :noidea:

Wagner
03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Bobo....

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/images/MrBurnsBobo.gif

well played.

tfcmanu
03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Honkin BOBO?

hrvat87
03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
MO sorrry

Derko
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I've spoken to BOBO earlier this morning atfter the morning training session,he did tell me that he got injured yesterday @ training.but he hasn't gone back to croatia,a deal is being worked out between MONTH and BOBO'S agent.he invited me over to his place 2night and said he'll fill me in with details.

Well that's goood to hear.

Cheers:drinking:

bhoybobby
03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Balde would be awesome, but he'd be our highest paid player, he get's paid well in excess of $40,000 a week not to play at Celtic.

Dominant player, very headstrong. He ran afoul of Strachan at Celtic & wouldn't back down, so..... I don't think TFC could afford him unless he's the DP.

He is a specimen (not an Italian astronaut)

cincy
03-19-2009, 06:36 AM

So any details ????

hrvat87
03-20-2009, 03:32 AM
latest news is that MO has stayed backed in Toronto to Finalize a contract with BOBO'S agent...stayed tuned for the latest

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-20-2009, 03:41 AM
latest news is that MO has stayed backed in Toronto to Finalize a contract with BOBO'S agent...stayed tuned for the latest

no shit......:drinking:

Ossington Mental Youth
03-20-2009, 04:42 AM
nice
hopefully dude is awesome and produces what we need

Pachuco
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM

interesting. So if I see Mo on TV tommorrow then you are taking us for a ride? :D

hrvat87
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
nope..MO is leaving sometime this evening or early 2mmrow to KC to attend the game...TFC players & staff left for KC yesterday morning

Stryker
07-27-2009, 10:28 AM
LOL. yeah, you're right.

John

Hey John, I'd really like to know who the "impessive" defender was that the team was after. I think it's safe to say that there won't be anything happening with this player. Was it JDG all along?

FluSH
07-27-2009, 10:46 AM
fck... I went through 2 pages of reading before I realized this was a MARCH 2009 THREAD!!!

why striker... why!!!!

Stryker
07-27-2009, 10:51 AM
fck... I went through 2 pages of reading before I realized this was a MARCH 2009 THREAD!!!

why striker... why!!!!

Sorry if it threw you off.
I still haven't forgotton the impessive defender we were supposedly after. The one who's team was in a fight for promotion, thus making him unavalible for movement till the end of the season.
John knows who it was and I was hoping he would share with all of us.