PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Toronto FC Tickets Sold Out

tfcmanu
03-17-2009, 02:06 PM
(March 17) Toronto FC announced on Monday that they had sold out single tickets for the 2009 season.
The Toronto FC sold out of its season ticket package in December. Toronto FC plays at the 20,000 capacity BMO Field (http://bmofield.com/) but Toronto FC restricts the number of season tickets sold to 16,000, all of which have already been purchased for the 2009 season. The club also announced in December that 95% of those season tickets purchased were renewals of season ticket holders from the 2008 season.

http://eventticketreport.com/detail.asp?c=163646

:canada:

flatpicker
03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
are you saying they sold every ticket in the house for the season?
I find that hard to believe... usually they hold back blocks of tickets and put them up for sale before each game.
Though I'm sure they sold every ticket they made available to the public so far.

BuSaPuNk
03-17-2009, 02:17 PM
^ Yeah seen this last night. They do mention that there will be tickets released a week before the games and to check back for availablity

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
wonder how many scalpers picked up those tix .....

TorontoBlades
03-17-2009, 02:25 PM
are you saying they sold every ticket in the house for the season?
I find that hard to believe... usually they hold back blocks of tickets and put them up for sale before each game.
Though I'm sure they sold every ticket they made available to the public so far.

that's right. they sold everything that's "available"

if you are with sponsors, promotions, that sort of thing, tickets are held back

Redpunkfiddle
03-17-2009, 02:26 PM
wonder how many scalpers picked up those tix .....

Hahaha. Man you are pretty wasted!

Just kidding. That's a reasonable question and post.

tfcmanu
03-17-2009, 03:11 PM
You could be lucky to get tickets if away supporters section has some on the day of the game or TFC adds seats on the sidelines.

renda-10
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
how do you get a ticket promoter? i have seen that a couple times on here that people have a ticket promoter or broker?

Toronto Ruffrider
03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
^ Yeah seen this last night. They do mention that there will be tickets released a week before the games and to check back for availablity

I think I read two weeks, but it amounts to the same thing either way. It's a good idea for individuals without tickets to check Ticketmaster in the days and weeks leading up to home games.

flatpicker
03-17-2009, 04:11 PM
It's a good idea for individuals without tickets to check Ticketmaster in the days and weeks leading up to home games.

the same rule really applies to any event that is handled by Ticketmaster.
Blocks of seats are always held back for sports and shows... always check back later!

Toronto Ruffrider
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
the same rule really applies to any event that is handled by Ticketmaster.
Blocks of seats are always held back for sports and shows... always check back later!

Absolutely. That's how I saw most of my TFC games in 2007!

BuSaPuNk
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I think I read two weeks, but it amounts to the same thing either way. It's a good idea for individuals without tickets to check Ticketmaster in the days and weeks leading up to home games.

Yeah that is how I ended up with seats for the last 3 games last year.