PDA

View Full Version : Two Days

TFC USA
03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
The MLS season starts in 2 days, and the CBC, Rogers Sportsnet, and GolTV have put out a grand total of ZERO posts about their coverage for the season outside of the first three games.

Pathetic.

Normally I praise Canadian coverage and tell you that in the US you would be infuriated, but this is a damn joke.

Look at the Seattle Sounders, they announced months ago all their matches would be shown live on channel whatever, unless it was on ESPN or FSC.

Toronto FC can't even get their f'ing act together to put up a TV schedule 2 days before the season starts? Four before TFC actually plays?

I think you guys have every right to be mad. Because this is just lazy from all 3 networks.

kodiakTFC
03-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I've been thinking about buying into that MLS matchcenter thing.

TFC Via Buffalo
03-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Does anyone do Direct Kick? Sometimes for away games I'm not home or the game is not on CBC where I can watch. Is it any good?

FluSH
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
here! here!

LucaGol
03-17-2009, 11:34 AM

It streams at 800K this year...that's pretty much TV quality.

And still for the same price as last season, 20 bucks.

Stryker
03-17-2009, 11:37 AM
It really does seem bush league doesn't it.
That they couldn't have this crap ironed out a month ago.

MUFC_Niagara
03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
It's MLS we're atalking about....just add it to the list of mickey mouse shit that prevents anyone in their right state of mind from taking this league seriously.

djking2
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
what's the big deal. I know when the games are and it's either on or it isn't. I couldn't really care less today what network I'm gonna watch a game on in July or August.

BuSaPuNk
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Does that Match Center have an on demand feature? I would buy into it, but if I have something else that I need to do or work gets into the way it would be nice.

Oldtimer
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
It's MLS we're atalking about....just add it to the list of mickey mouse shit that prevents anyone in their right state of mind from taking this league seriously.

I'm sure they need the MLS F.O. approval before they can announce anything. Infuriating.

Oldtimer
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Does that Match Center have an on demand feature? I would buy into it, but if I have something else that I need to do or work gets into the way it would be nice.

It does. I often would re-watch a TFC match that I had seen in person at BMO just to catch the little things you miss live.

BuSaPuNk
03-17-2009, 12:39 PM
^ That is pretty cool. I think this is the way i'm going this year. I have GolTV at my place just really never there. So this is a good option at a reasonable price.

Carter
03-17-2009, 12:43 PM
The MLS season starts in 2 days, and the CBC, Rogers Sportsnet, and GolTV have put out a grand total of ZERO posts about their coverage for the season outside of the first three games.

Pathetic.

Normally I praise Canadian coverage and tell you that in the US you would be infuriated, but this is a damn joke.

Look at the Seattle Sounders, they announced months ago all their matches would be shown live on channel whatever, unless it was on ESPN or FSC.

Toronto FC can't even get their f'ing act together to put up a TV schedule 2 days before the season starts? Four before TFC actually plays?

I think you guys have every right to be mad. Because this is just lazy from all 3 networks.

I love how you think itst Toronto FC's problem why they haven't put up a TV schedule, its actually securing the rights with a company thats the problem.

this has been discussed many times before and the first 4 games are listed in a previous thread, i will find it because it seems that your too lazy to look yourself.

according to www.torontofc.ca (http://www.torontofc.ca/)
Kansas City Game on GolTV
KKKrew Game on GolTV
Seattle SOunders FC (home openner) on CBC

SanStarko
03-17-2009, 03:18 PM

Just signed up for that tonight, the only thing that was putting me off previously was the low quality, but the 800k streams sort that. Plus with over 130 games for just $20, can't really go wrong with that. Just aswell too as it looks like there'll be no MLS coverage in the UK this year.

egoodwin
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
figures also, they got the radio now and not 1 mention of it on their site

Fushida
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
match center is pretty great. i got it last year and its pretty reliable for the games. annoying when you get blacked out, but usually those games can be caught on online streaming sites since its FSC or ESPN..

sucks living in an apartment on a student's budget with no cable :rolleyes:

TFC USA
03-17-2009, 06:40 PM
I love how you think itst Toronto FC's problem why they haven't put up a TV schedule, its actually securing the rights with a company thats the problem.

this has been discussed many times before and the first 4 games are listed in a previous thread, i will find it because it seems that your too lazy to look yourself.

And since you're dually lazy, you'll see I commented on that thread days ago AND said on this thread that we've gotten nothing besides the first 3 games.

:rolleyes:

Rudi
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm in my right state of mind, and I take the league seriously.

(I do agree that it's a disgrace that the full TV schedule hasn't yet been released, but I don't feel the need to make blanket statements like yours.)

rocker
03-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm in my right state of mind, and I take the league seriously.

(I do agree that it's a disgrace that the full TV schedule hasn't yet been released, but I don't feel the need to make blanket statements like yours.)

ya, me too. there are extraneous things about MLS that sometimes are troubling, but I take it seriously. And I'm sane. :)
If someone didn't take it seriously because of these issues they should give up following TFC right now.

Erkan16
03-17-2009, 11:15 PM

Pathetic.

welcome to "Hockey Land". I have always hated the sports coverage in this country.

what? you dont like hockey? BURN AT THE STAKE!! :canada:. Pathetic i completely agree. F..TSN