PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC - More Yard flavour... this time from us...

FluSH
03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Now,

The pictures in this video do not do the dub any justice... I tried my best but there aren't that many pictures that I could use. Nonetheless this reggae dub is BIG.

Thanks to celtic_nick aka napz for getting this together and Vox for coming up with a brilliant idea.

Now if you don't like reggae... I could care less... this is not for you... now PUUUUUUUUULL UP!

_VihUG5gK0s

RedRum
03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Nice job, I'm likin' it :)

celt-nick
03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm going to mix it down so just the first verse and the chorus repeat 3 times. This will be an awsome chant for DeRo!

Whoop
03-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Great video... but Flush you're going to need a lot of luck with that one. LOL

Ageroo
03-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Awwww yeah.....I love this....

BuSaPuNk
03-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I like it....not really into Reggage but this is pretty good.....

TFC07
03-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Great job!

BTW Who is singing DeRo song?

celt-nick
03-16-2009, 11:45 PM
His name is Pinchers.....One Jamaicas biggest dancehall artists in the late 80s early 90s. The song is a parity to one of his biggest hits "Bandelero" - Flush had thread last week about it.

Great job!

BTW Who is singing DeRo song?

Ageroo
03-16-2009, 11:49 PM
I am still trying to figure out how you got Pinchers.....sweet

celt-nick
03-16-2009, 11:54 PM
hahaha......I'm a long-time soundguy, have a little sound and have been cutting dubs/specials for quite a while (can get most artists no problem). I saw that thread last week with the "DeRolero" lyrics and.....

zeelaw
03-16-2009, 11:54 PM
sweet

dupont
03-17-2009, 12:43 AM

I once got Bounty Killer to sing on a song I made by paying 800 dollars.. it's crazy what you can do.. re-doing songs is huge for reggae artists.

FluSH
03-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Great video... but Flush you're going to need a lot of luck with that one. LOL

celt-nick is going to remix it into two easy parts...

Eastend
03-17-2009, 06:56 AM
damn I wish I could this stuff at work......

Jamaicanadian
03-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Yo!!!
A so wi large LOL!:eek:
Di man dem bring tears of joy in my eyes!!
What a fricken combination Pincher, DeRo, RPB.... brap brap!

Vox/Flush big up for you vision!
celt-nick MAXIMUM RESPECT my yout!!!

I remember one summer ('88 I think) I saw Pinchers 3 times in one month.
Sunsplash in Mo-Bay, Concert in Kingston J.A., Concert in Montreal.

Yo celt-nick I need the MP3 brah!
I gotta rewind and come again.....FYAH!

FluSH
03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
haha

Yeah anyone who wants the MP3 contact celt-nick... Also I am going to redo the video so if you want your picture on it or if you have a picture of DeRo send it my way... (pm me and I'll give you my email)

I'm not satisfied with the video at all... but I had to put something out there cause we couldn't keep this one in the bag...

BakaGaijin
03-17-2009, 07:58 AM
This is unbelievable!!!

Well done. This is an anthem.

Ageroo
03-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Yo!!!
A so wi large LOL!:eek:
Di man dem bring tears of joy in my eyes!!
What a fricken combination Pincher, DeRo, RPB.... brap brap!

Vox/Flush big up for you vision!
celt-nick MAXIMUM RESPECT my yout!!!

I remember one summer ('88 I think) I saw Pinchers 3 times in one month.
Sunsplash in Mo-Bay, Concert in Kingston J.A., Concert in Montreal.

Yo celt-nick I need the MP3 brah!
I gotta rewind and come again.....FYAH!

I got the file from Nick...and sent.......bro..:D

Jamaicanadian
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
^^^ Nuff Respect!!
;-)

dupont
03-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Has de ro heard this yet? HE is gonna really love it! :D

Shaughno
03-17-2009, 08:34 AM
That's tight, so it's gonna be cut down to the two single verses?

These lyrics?

[CAPO]:

Where we pass thru man
A danger bizniz
Original DeRosario

{pause bassline until ”’Cuz if you don’t…” and then repeat DC al fine}

[ALL]:

Deeeeeeeeee-Ro-oh-oh-OH

[pause]

Hey gringos up at BMO
I wan’ you make way for the one call De Ro
‘Cuz if you don’t do that my friend then your number is zero
And De Ro will cut you like the sword of Zorro
Deeeeeeeeee-Rooooooooh-oh-oh

YOU SHOULD NEVER DISS THE CHAMPION!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
His name is DERO
He's the number ONE
Yeaaaah!

FluSH
03-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Has de ro heard this yet? HE is gonna really love it! :D

I don't know... but he should... someone needs to get this to him!

FluSH
03-17-2009, 08:50 AM

These lyrics?

[/b][/center]

yup... the first verse is the hardest and Pinchers changed it a bit on the dub... easier on the flow... I'll see if I can put up the lyrcis that Pinchers sings on this dub... but yeah those are the verses.

Carter
03-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Ahhh, i love it, Way to go guys, is this what we were supposed to hear at joes on Saturday?

Ageroo
03-17-2009, 09:19 AM
yup... the first verse is the hardest and Pinchers changed it a bit on the dub... easier on the flow... I'll see if I can put up the lyrcis that Pinchers sings on this dub... but yeah those are the verses.

Did he do this down in Jamaica...or was he up in the T-Dot? Just curious....

Carter
03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I need a copy of the mp3, someone send it to me, pm me for my email address, PLEASE!!!!

FluSH
03-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Did he do this down in Jamaica...or was he up in the T-Dot? Just curious....

It was done in Jamaica!!

FluSH
03-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I need a copy of the mp3, someone send it to me, pm me for my email address, PLEASE!!!!

I'll get one out to you tonight if nick doesn't get one to you during the day :D

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I'll get one out to you tonight if nick doesn't get one to you during the day :D

I've been wondering for the past week how much organization and $$ it would take to cut a dub plate. I didn't even know if Pinchers could still carry his falsetto.

Way to go Flush & Celt-Nick. You gotta hook me up with the MP3.

This board is the best:stogey::stogey:

icecoldbeer
03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Awesome work boys! Sick track!

leroy
03-17-2009, 11:07 AM
wicked! nice work boys.

but only four stars for this thread? this is a 5-styar thread!!

FluSH
03-17-2009, 11:08 AM
I've been wondering for the past week how much organization and $$ it would take to cut a dub plate. I didn't even know if Pinchers could still carry his falsetto.

Way to go Flush & Celt-Nick. You gotta hook me up with the MP3.

This board is the best:stogey::stogey:

Hey man you had the vision... and I love it! I can't wait to spread this tune...

celt-nick
03-17-2009, 02:32 PM

These lyrics?

[/b][/center]

Its going to be something as follows but I'm open to ideas:

Intro with RPB, BMO, DeRo etc mentioned and then the following which can become an awsome chant (if it turns out to be too ambitious it can be cut further)!!

Hey gringos up at BMO
‘Cuz if you don’t know that my friend then your number is zero
Cause De Ro's sword chop like the sword of Zorro

OH YOU SHOULD NEVER DISS THE CHAMPION!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
His name is DERO
He's the number ONE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
His name is DERO
He's the number ONE

Deeeeeeeeee-Rooooooooh-oh-oh Mercy now
Oh no mercy now
no mercy now
no no no no no
Oh you should never dis the Champion

Jack
03-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice! :D

FluSH
03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
can't wait to hear the remixed version... should be easy enough for people to follow =P

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-17-2009, 04:38 PM

Intro with RPB, BMO, DeRo etc mentioned and then the following which can become an awsome chant (if it turns out to be too ambitious it can be cut further)!!

Hey gringos up at BMO
‘Cuz if you don’t know that my friend then your number is zero
Cause De Ro shall chop like the sword of Zorro

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
His name is DERO
He's the number ONE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
His name is DERO
He's the number ONE

Deeeeeeeeee-Rooooooooh-oh-oh Mercy now
Oh no mercy now
no mercy now
no no no no no
Oh you should never dis the Champion

On second (okay, let's be honest, fifteenth) listening, I think the second line is actually as corrected^

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey man you had the vision... and I love it! I can't wait to spread this tune...

You mawfuckers got name-dropped. Sick!

rocktml
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm not really into this kind of music.....but this is just awesome!

Nice job

celt-nick
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM

You're right about the correction - but on a different note, Your name was supposed to get dropped too. It was my f*ck-up over the phone while sorting out the final details with the studio......Sorry about that as I know this was originally your brainchild (truly sorry)......I'll make sure Bounty drops your name in the next special though!!;)

Whoop
03-17-2009, 10:19 PM

Haha... I only caught that now!

jwfm1985
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
amazing!!!!!!

jloome
03-17-2009, 10:42 PM
That's a sweet job, man. I'm an amateur home studio guy and have a band and always appreciate the skills. Very nice vocal. I'd like to remix this as a reverse-ska piece: throw some sax from the specials or the english beat behind it on some chorus looping.

I was actually listening to it on dry studio monitors and the pan decision was interesting. I would've gone with a fuller sound by blending the tracks a little more, but that's 'cos I'm old and, I suppose, dreadfully unhip. (For example, I have absolutely no clue who any of these artists are. For me reggae pretty much began and ended with Sparrow, Cliff, Marley, Tosh, Burning Spear.)

BuSaPuNk
03-17-2009, 10:44 PM
^ a Ska verision would be wicked....love the ska!!

jloome
03-17-2009, 10:55 PM
^ a Ska verision would be wicked....love the ska!!

I interviewed Dave Wakeling from The English Beat (yes, I know English expats and their kids, it's just "The Beat" over there) today for a piece in a couple of weeks, before their show here.

They're playing a huge rock club that seats, I believe, over 1,000. But they'll sell it out easily. Awesome band.

BakaGaijin
03-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Agreed, ska would killer. However, the Specials and the English Beat were just cover bands! (pretty good one's at that, though). Need some original Jamaican ska like the Skatalites.

I'm not a big fan of dancehall, however, this Dero dub is killer. I can't get it outta my head.

TorCanSoc
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Sounds pretty good, the only reggae exposure I have is Bob Marley, and some more poppy main stream stuff. I'm not a music guy. This sounds great. But man, I couldn't sing that with 2 years of practice.

Nawsh
03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Unbelievable, lads!

My jaw dropped when I pressed play!

Excellent work by everyone involved.

boomcha
03-17-2009, 11:37 PM
TFC!!! Numbah WAhon!!!

BuSaPuNk
03-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Agreed, ska would killer. However, the Specials and the English Beat were just cover bands! (pretty good one's at that, though). Need some original Jamaican ska like the Skatalites.

I'm not a big fan of dancehall, however, this Dero dub is killer. I can't get it outta my head.

I would say Planet Smashers but there from Montreal but I don't think they would do this for us.....most likely for 'limpact

jloome
03-17-2009, 11:39 PM

Heh, that's kinda harsh! Their early stuff was pretty much a straight lift of the style, but they changed radically as they aged as a band. You gotta admit man, Mirror in the bathroom, Twist and crawl, Rotating Heads? Fucking classics.

In fact, I'd say the biggest problem with ska at that time in England was that the other bands (who I also loved) like The Selecter and The Specials stayed much truer to their roots, and didn't grow.

Conversely, the English Beat (which has always had a couple of Anglo-Jamaican lads kicking around the lineup) and The Jam both flourished by branching away musically from punk and ska to pop, rock and new wave influenced by the whole lot.

rocker
03-17-2009, 11:44 PM
not my cup of tea generally, but I find this very compelling to listen to. very nice.
i hope De Ro hears it soon.

jloome
03-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Gahd, this whole thread has diverged for me into two hours of listening to British ska, plus The Jam. Either way, I see a massive, obscenely complex and grotesquely overdone remix on the way.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-18-2009, 12:35 AM
i gotta say this is pretty fucking amazing and i dunno why i didnt check out this thread sooner.
Well done.
Im sure dude'll be psyched to hear this when he does

Four 4 Two
03-18-2009, 12:50 AM
His passport proved he was a red
De-Ro, De-Ro
Born in Scarborough it said,
De-Ro, De-Ro

We brought the lad back to his home
He gets the ball and off he goes

De-Ro-Sa-Rio's gunna score a goal.

(BOUNCING AND WAVING SCARVES)

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, LA LA
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, LA LA
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
DE-RO-SAAARIO SCORED ANOTHER GOAL!!

This is the one!!

FluSH
03-18-2009, 05:51 AM

yeah man... you were supposed to be included in there but as celt-nick mentioned it was a mistake and we were too late to go back. celt-nick was putting the pressure on to finish this =)

FluSH
03-18-2009, 05:55 AM
i gotta say this is pretty fucking amazing and i dunno why i didnt check out this thread sooner.
Well done.
Im sure dude'll be psyched to hear this when he does

We need to get the MP3 out to him... I do hope he likes it... :D

Ossington Mental Youth
03-18-2009, 06:10 AM
We need to get the MP3 out to him... I do hope he likes it... :D

cat loves his reggae so im sure thisll will be fuel to his fire

FluSH
03-18-2009, 07:30 AM
His passport proved he was a red...

HIJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

BakaGaijin
03-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Heh, that's kinda harsh! Their early stuff was pretty much a straight lift of the style, but they changed radically as they aged as a band. You gotta admit man, Mirror in the bathroom, Twist and crawl, Rotating Heads? Fucking classics.

My comment was more tongue-in-cheek. I dig the Specials the Beat. Mirror in the Bathroom and Twist and Crawl are definately classics.

I was just referencing the fact that two of the Specials biggest hits are covers. Monkey Man is a Toots and the Maytals cover and A message to you Rudy is a Dandy Livingstone cover.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-18-2009, 11:31 AM
yeah man... you were supposed to be included in there but as celt-nick mentioned it was a mistake and we were too late to go back. celt-nick was putting the pressure on to finish this =)

You're right about the correction - but on a different note, Your name was supposed to get dropped too. It was my f*ck-up over the phone while sorting out the final details with the studio......Sorry about that as I know this was originally your brainchild (truly sorry)......I'll make sure Bounty drops your name in the next special though!!;)

Let's be clear about how this happened: I randomly moved my fingers and created gibberish on the computer screen, as I do every time I log on to this site. Flush mined the gibberish nuggets and found that my monkey-brain had coughed up a worthwhile thought and polished it into something worth looking at. Napz took Flush's polished effort, found the one dancehall artist who didn't die in a hail of bullets since his singing career dissipated, and made it into high art.

I think credit went to the correct parties here. I'm just happy to have this mp3. I'm going to make them play it at my funeral.

a.ungaro
03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Big mon tune dis

The Pope
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
BIG CHUNE!!!

Great work for those who put this together

celt-nick
03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
That's a sweet job, man. I'm an amateur home studio guy and have a band and always appreciate the skills. Very nice vocal. I'd like to remix this as a reverse-ska piece: throw some sax from the specials or the english beat behind it on some chorus looping.

I was actually listening to it on dry studio monitors and the pan decision was interesting. I would've gone with a fuller sound by blending the tracks a little more, but that's 'cos I'm old and, I suppose, dreadfully unhip. (For example, I have absolutely no clue who any of these artists are. For me reggae pretty much began and ended with Sparrow, Cliff, Marley, Tosh, Burning Spear.)

hahaha, you're right and I agree but what has been posted is not the final mix (even for the full length version) there were big time issues trying to get it done for Saterday evening (Started the project Thursday). The vocal was only done on one track then lined up timewise with the riddim or the version (what we the kids are calling it these days) which is also only on one track too - one left, one right..... And as for Sparrow, Cliff, Marley, Burning Spear and Tosh, Some of my favorites of all time!!!

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
SICK SICK SICK AND FUCKIN SICK Good job's boys i need that MP3 file

FluSH
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
SICK SICK SICK AND FUCKIN SICK Good job's boys i need that MP3 file

4 sure

pm your email address and I'll send it over...

celt-nick
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM
4 sure

pm your email address and I'll send it over...

hahaha PM'd him the same thing a while a go!

FluSH
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
^^^^

:D

Jamaicanadian
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I emailed the youtube link to the contact email @ DeRo's main site.

Any ideas for OB???? We cant leave him out!!

I think we're onto something here...we gotta send Parkdale to JA to film the making of the next dubplate :D would be some (more) wicked footage for the 2009 year in review DVD.......

I cant stop listening to this dub-plate!....a danger business...still in shock.....

jloome
03-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Hey Flush, here's a little Specials ska remix for you....

http://www.hardlineblues.com/Dero The Original Bandolero (Specials NightKlub Remix).mp3 (http://www.hardlineblues.com/Dero%20The%20Original%20Bandolero%20%28Specials%20 NightKlub%20Remix%29.mp3)

jloome
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
What, not even a "don't quit your day job"? Ah, it's my first remix, so a learning experience anyway.

FluSH
03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey Flush, here's a little Specials ska remix for you....

http://www.hardlineblues.com/Dero The Original Bandolero (Specials NightKlub Remix).mp3 (http://www.hardlineblues.com/Dero%20The%20Original%20Bandolero%20%28Specials%20 NightKlub%20Remix%29.mp3)

checking it right now... was out all day with FluSH jr. and my Daughter :D

FluSH
03-19-2009, 01:09 PM
jloome,

It's actually really good... I like how you looped the first line... and added that echo! I would have postpone the TFC claps until the end... but it's still good.

MartinUtd
03-19-2009, 01:15 PM
hahaha......I'm a long-time soundguy, have a little sound and have been cutting dubs/specials for quite a while (can get most artists no problem). I saw that thread last week with the "DeRolero" lyrics and.....

Much Respect!

Think you can get Top Cat?

A for we win de league title as a champion FC
an' everybody dem said your respec-ah!

jloome
03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
jloome,

It's actually really good... I like how you looped the first line... and added that echo! I would have postpone the TFC claps until the end... but it's still good.

Thanks dude. I'm an aging blues guy, so dance music isn't my thing and I've never done a remix. Worked out OK though. Gots to love the Specials.

celt-nick
03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Much Respect!

Think you can get Top Cat?

A for we win de league title as a champion FC
an' everybody dem said your respec-ah!

He's wicked too - under-rated dancehall artist for sure (Cut some sick specials for big sound like Jaro and Saxon).....I do have a link with a studio in the UK who can get nuff top-a-top like Anthony Johnson and Jc Lodge. Top Cat could probibly get done....

jloome
03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
He's wicked too - under-rated dancehall artist for sure (Cut some sick specials for big sound like Jaro and Saxon).....I do have a link with a studio in the UK who can get nuff top-a-top like Anthony Johnson and Jc Lodge. Top Cat could probibly get done....

Celt-Nick, gimme the critical gears on the remix dude. It's how I learn!

celt-nick
03-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Celt-Nick, gimme the critical gears on the remix dude. It's how I learn!

Got some awesome potential (going to get you to help me if thats cool). A couple beat matching (or tempo) issues but pretty fuckin cool. I loved the "TFC" with the clap soundbite and how you added it in. I'll have a mixed down chant version (quite simple) ready soon that I'd like you to add your 2 cents to (possibly similar "TFC clap" stuff). I will also forward you the real voice track and the real riddim track so it'll be better for you to work with. give me a couple days (been a crazy week for me).

FluSH
03-27-2009, 12:34 AM
I can't get over this tune... celt-nick let me know when you finish the REMIX CHANT version!

jloome
03-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Got some awesome potential (going to get you to help me if thats cool). A couple beat matching (or tempo) issues but pretty fuckin cool. I loved the "TFC" with the clap soundbite and how you added it in. I'll have a mixed down chant version (quite simple) ready soon that I'd like you to add your 2 cents to (possibly similar "TFC clap" stuff). I will also forward you the real voice track and the real riddim track so it'll be better for you to work with. give me a couple days (been a crazy week for me).

Sounds good man.

Hustle
03-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Sooo Nice!!

I was getting worried when the thread on this one went a little cold. I hope this gives it a big push, because this needs to happen.

Big BIG Respect to celtic_nick, Vox and FluSH on this one!

And to those not feeling it, you don't have to love reggae to represent this chant...you just have to love quality!

trail
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Great Job, some one should look at sending this to TFC and BMO field, would be great to see and hear before games on the big screen and at half time!!

Jamaicanadian
04-02-2009, 01:15 PM
*******Newsflash*******

DeRo loves the dubplate as much as we do LOL!
He said, and I quote, "it's dangerous"!!!!
Just confirmed with DeRo at the BMO (King and Bay) signing.

BTW, He also asked me who was responsible for getting it done as well!

dupont
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
*******Newsflash*******

DeRo loves the dubplate as much as we do LOL!
He said, and I quote, "it's dangerous"!!!!
Just confirmed with DeRo at the BMO (King and Bay) signing.

BTW, He also asked me who was responsible for getting it done as well!

yes awesome! i wasn't sure if he had heard it yet!!

PS who has the original files for this tune? I used to produce dancehall records. i did something for ninjaman a few years back. i wouldn't mind trying to throw a harder new school dancehall beat on this vocal just to see how it sounds... is that possible to give it a try?

O_B_ONE
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes Flush and Celt!!! BIG CHUUUUUUNE DAT!!!!!

Man ah bad man!

celt-nick
04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm just now beating a juice and bunning a.....er....wel.... with Dero's cousin's friend who going to the game this weekend on one of DeRo's 10 game tickets. I gave her a copy on cd to give to DeRo. Dupont, PM me an email address and I'll send you the acapella!

tfctillidie
04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
haha..big tune!!!

edmundo
04-03-2009, 02:14 AM
yo flush this was pretty sick but youre gonna have to do a soca remix now lol

Section 110
04-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Guys, that is just wicked. I just love it and my wife and I are practicing while we're cooking right now (well, she's cooking, I'm drinking and typing, but it's a group effort).

If I can get a copy somehow I would be thrilled. My brother in law is a cousin of Sean Kingston and a reggae artist and I know he would be thrilled to get a copy, and so would I... if someone's got a second to tell me how to go about it, I'd be thrilled.

Again, it's awesome. Can't wait for you guys to start it up!!!

:canada:

rocker
04-03-2009, 05:11 PM
any plans to play this at the stadium like the "My Town" TFC version?

celt-nick
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Guys, that is just wicked. I just love it and my wife and I are practicing while we're cooking right now (well, she's cooking, I'm drinking and typing, but it's a group effort).

If I can get a copy somehow I would be thrilled. My brother in law is a cousin of Sean Kingston and a reggae artist and I know he would be thrilled to get a copy, and so would I... if someone's got a second to tell me how to go about it, I'd be thrilled.

Again, it's awesome. Can't wait for you guys to start it up!!!

:canada:

pm me an email address you want it sent to.