PDA

View Full Version : Richard Peddie at my school

themodelcitizen
03-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Spoke today. I have a recording if anyone's interested. Key points here, 5th post or so:

http://ultras114.aforumfree.com/football-culture-f1/richard-peddie-coming-to-my-school-t657.htm#5035

Forgot to ask about Ottawa but he seems open to Canadian expansion. Is on the expansion committee, voted yes to Ottawa.

denime
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I find this very interesting:

wants the opportunity for MLSE to take over marketing for Canada's men's national team (looking for something similar with basketball)

This can not be bad for CMNT,right?

Stryker
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Toronto Ultras?
Aren't they the fair weather group that hacked on TFC and swang to support the Raptors last season?

themodelcitizen
03-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Toronto Ultras?
Aren't they the fair weather group that hacked on TFC and swang to support the Raptors last season?

LOL, the Ultras may be many things but fairweather is not one of them. There was talk of getting a group together to go to a couple Raptors games but never at the expense of supporting TFC.

TFC07
03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I find this very interesting:

This can not be bad for CMNT,right?

I am not surprised especially basketball part. I believe BC is part of Canada's Basketball Board of directors now.

Nawsh
03-16-2009, 11:58 PM
One things for sure ... for all of their faults, MLSE know how to market a team.

I'm all for a professional outfit marketing for the CMNT.

Of course I have several potted plants that would do a better job of marketing than the CSA, so my praise here of MLSE is slightly muted.