PDA

View Full Version : Seattle vs New York First Kick TV

Smokecell
03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Any word if a Canadian provider will air this game since it's on ESPN2 in the states? I'm interested to see the match to say the least

Pigfynn
03-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Word is that there will be 45 out of market games on Gol TV...maybe it's one of them?

Stryker
03-16-2009, 11:09 AM
As of this moment the guide I have for GolTV on Shaw has no MLS games listed during the week and no gaps in the programming.
They have no listings for saturday and beyond yet.

edit - only thing Im picking up right now is New England/San Jose game saturday on WSBK Boston.

akoto
03-16-2009, 11:26 AM
As of this moment the guide I have for GolTV on Shaw has no MLS games listed during the week and no gaps in the programming.
They have no listings for saturday and beyond yet.

edit - only thing Im picking up right now is New England/San Jose game saturday on FoxSports

Where do you see that? I just went through the guide and didn't see any MLS on FSWC. Last year they didn't show any MLS on FSWC only Fox Soccer Channel in the US. I don't think they have Canadian Broadcast rights.

Stryker
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
^^ Whoops! Sorry man my bad. I just double checked and the New England game is on WSBK, a Boston channel.

nfitz
03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
They have no listings for saturday and beyond yet.Rogers has Saturday (and Sunday) in their guide ... and they don't even show GolTV airing the Toronto FC game! So the guide doesn't mean much at this point. And their website doesn't seem to have any info past March 19th.

This seems typical for football in Canada - no broadcast information out until the last second. And then they wonder why no one watches the matches. I'm sure most people just look at the listing in the newspaper, or on the IPG ... so if they don't see it, they won't watch it.

Stryker
03-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah you're absolutely right, the info likely isn't accurate. Was just saying what was listed as of this moment.

Stryker
03-16-2009, 11:42 AM
They just updated the MLS NET site.
Finally some info, and a whole 3 days before the season starts. :rolleyes:
No info given yet as to what games will be included. Only a preview.

http://web.mlsnet.com/products/

rocker
03-16-2009, 11:51 AM
800K streams on the new MLS video service eh? nice.. I just signed up.. can't beat $20.

Pachuco
03-16-2009, 12:30 PM
800K streams on the new MLS video service eh? nice.. I just signed up.. can't beat $20.

Yeah I'm pumped for that. I watched alot of games last year on mlslive.tv. I didn't even think the quality was all that bad. Can't wait to see what it looks like now.

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-16-2009, 12:57 PM
even the TFC isnt listed on the gol programming on the rogers box..but thats just an error?? More MLS games would be great.

FCBarcelona
03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
======
ok i;ve just signed up as for the first time, how do i view the games? through there match center? or through the main MLS page where the games that are listed ?

Need yoor help on before saturday please.:o

VAMOS TFC:canada:

phonzo
03-16-2009, 10:44 PM
======
ok i;ve just signed up as for the first time, how do i view the games? through there match center? or through the main MLS page where the games that are listed ?

you could head down and watch it live with your fellow TFC fans :). Plenty of viewing parties are being held around Toronto, Durham, Niagara I'm sure, Guelph etc. Unless your not in Ontario in that case...:( :canada:

ben_vw
03-17-2009, 08:30 AM
They just updated the MLS NET site.
Finally some info, and a whole 3 days before the season starts. :rolleyes:
No info given yet as to what games will be included. Only a preview.

http://web.mlsnet.com/products/

It won't be on here though - the MLS site doesn't stream ESPN or Fox Soccer Channel...

rocker
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
just keep an eye on http://channelsurfing.net/
I'm sure they will have it.. usually the streams are solid.

FCBarcelona
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
you could head down and watch it live with your fellow TFC fans :). Plenty of viewing parties are being held around Toronto, Durham, Niagara I'm sure, Guelph etc. Unless your not in Ontario in that case...:( :canada:
=============
i wish i did in to area, i live in Alberta:canada:

Debacle
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
======

If I can remember from last year ... on the main page under the schedule (right side) you'll see a video and radio selection on match day ... the quality was excellent last year. GolTV is brutal ... reluctant to resign to a bunch of Spanish games from South America. Who cares about soccer in Peru !

Blizzard
03-17-2009, 09:44 PM
If I can remember from last year ... on the main page under the schedule (right side) you'll see a video and radio selection on match day ... the quality was excellent last year. GolTV is brutal ... reluctant to resign to a bunch of Spanish games from South America. Who cares about soccer in Peru !

You'd prefer another four episodes of Footballer's Lives? :eek:

Lucky Strike
03-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Rogers has Saturday (and Sunday) in their guide ... and they don't even show GolTV airing the Toronto FC game! So the guide doesn't mean much at this point. And their website doesn't seem to have any info past March 19th.

This seems typical for football in Canada - no broadcast information out until the last second. And then they wonder why no one watches the matches. I'm sure most people just look at the listing in the newspaper, or on the IPG ... so if they don't see it, they won't watch it.

I have the same problem, I was thinking maybe it was because I live in Ottawa rather than Toronto. Not sure why it should be different but you never know...

nfitz
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I have the same problem, I was thinking maybe it was because I live in Ottawa rather than Toronto. Not sure why it should be different but you never know...It's just Rogers ... GolTV now shows the game on their website ... though no pregame - however the time allotted for the previous La Liga game doesn't make sense (the games starts at 4 pm, but GOL has it scheduled "Live" from 5 to 8:30 pm).

I'll just program it manually from 8 pm to 11 pm, if the IPG doesnt' change.

Ottawa and Toronto will be the same.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-17-2009, 10:43 PM
^^ Whoops! Sorry man my bad. I just double checked and the New England game is on WSBK, a Boston channel.

what is that on the rogers box??

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-17-2009, 10:46 PM

it depends where it is , if its in Colombia im intersted , especially if its in Medellin , not that i like them , they just always have real sexeh women in the stands , it makes the game more interesting fer sure:canada: