PDA

View Full Version : Starting FW's for KC

ensco
03-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I vote Barrett-Dichio.

Too much pressure on Vitti.

Moe911
03-15-2009, 12:43 PM
I agree. Start both Barret and Dichio,then unleash the beast in the last 15 min.

djking2
03-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Vitti_Barrett KC's a good opportunity to get minutes playing together and a postitive result. Not sure I see the upside to waiting

Bobo
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
If a starting role for an MLS club is too much pressure for Vitti, then how did the dude keep Aguero on the Argie bench? We are putting a lot of faith in Vitti to rectify our scoring problems. Got to put out our best from day one.

ensco
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Problem is, how do I say this delicately....Vitti ....

hasn't found his form yet.

rocker
03-15-2009, 01:03 PM
vitti so far has seemed more intent in on setting up his teammates than trying to score goals. both barrett and ricketts were set up perfectly by vitti but they didn't score.

djking2
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
He's connecting well with Dero too

VPjr
03-15-2009, 01:13 PM
you think MLS is too much pressure for Vitti???

c'mon

playing in Argentina is like life and death....that's pressure. You lose, Ultras threaten your life. You win, you are a god (until next week)

Vitti-Barret up front with DeRo doing his thing in support. That will be a potent lineup. Vitti is TFC's most talented player, hands down. you don't sit down your best player out of fear that playing a game in KC will be too much pressure. It's almost laughable.

Dichio is a 15-25 minute a game player this season. he will be a potent force this season in that role, taking advantage of tired defenders late in games with his physical presence.

ExiledRed
03-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I vote Barrett-Dichio.

Too much pressure on Vitti.

I vote this way too.

Vitti might be great, but Dichio is proven until he disproves himself.

I was annoyed he didnt get a start in Charleston.

ensco
03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
you think MLS is too much pressure for Vitti???

c'mon

playing in Argentina is like life and death....that's pressure. You lose, Ultras threaten your life. You win, you are a god (until next week)

Vitti-Barret up front with DeRo doing his thing in support. That will be a potent lineup. Vitti is TFC's most talented player, hands down. you don't sit down your best player out of fear that playing a game in KC will be too much pressure. It's almost laughable.

Dichio is a 15-25 minute a game player this season. he will be a potent force this season in that role, taking advantage of tired defenders late in games with his physical presence.

You misunderstand what I mean by "pressure". He's got to do well here, this is probably his last chance at getting his career back on the rails. He doesn't speak the language of most of his teammates. Notwithstanding the comments above, he hasn't looked in sync at all. The telecast commentator was pretty blunt about that during yesterday's game (he was using stronger language than I am).

Now you're going to roll him out on a cold night against a good team? If I'm Carver, I wait for the home opener to start him, against an expansion team's swiss cheese of a defense corps.

We also disagree about Dichio, I've had my say about that elsewhere. He is the man, until proven otherwise. If Vitti works out, DD'll go to the bench, to the role you describe. If.

ExiledRed
03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Vitti is TFC's most talented player, hands down. you don't sit down your best player out of fear that playing a game in KC will be too much pressure. It's almost laughable.

This statement is totally unproven.

It might be correct, but there's no evidence to suggest he should start ahead of our top scorer.

We just saw Vitti play two games, and he appeared to be MLS ready, but that's about it. When he comes on the pitch, and scores for fun like you seem to think he will, then he should start.

djking2
03-15-2009, 02:02 PM
The telecast commentator was pretty blunt about that during yesterday's game (he was using stronger language than I am).

Yeah at one point he said Vitti hadn't showed much in the 3(?) games he'd seen him play. I mean it's like he was invisible in the game against Charleston, right?

ensco
03-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah at one point he said Vitti hadn't showed much in the 3(?) games he'd seen him play. I mean it's like he was invisible in the game against Charleston, right?

You're right, but that may be a nitpick. Doesn't invalidate his point.

rocker
03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I saw all three games on my screen.

Game 1: Vitti didn`t play
Game 2: Vitti started slow (looked clumsy for first 10-15 minutes), after that he was very solid... looked in sync with Guevara, led Ricketts with a beautiful pass that Ricketts should have put in the net, passed across in the 18 yard box to Barrett, who had an empty goal yet shot it right at the keeper; looked active and made some other nice passes
Game 3: invisible at times, but also had some nice play with his teammates after they went a man down

I think the commentator was pretty overly dramatic about what he`d seen from Vitti, considering he only saw Vitti in 2 games, and the 1st games he was quite effective.
Second game, not so much.

My criticisms: 1) he needs to be a bit more selfish and go for goal himself instead of passing so much 2) he`s a bit shy in aerial challenges 3) he needs to stop looking at the ref when he thinks he`s been fouled..

cementhead
03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I would like to see Ibrahim start.He look to cause more headache for the defense and worker harder then the other strikers with Vitti as the other I
would think they would work of each other every well .Put Barrett and Dichio
together they have play together since last year.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-15-2009, 07:10 PM
i think people have some unrealistic expectations from Vitti.
Dude hasnt played a full game in how long?
Dude isnt in shape and barely knows the team and yet its expected that he scores a hattrick every time he takes the field. I think he should start with Barrett as its the start of the season and they need to get to know each other well and the only way to do that is to play them together. Hes not going to get matchfit on the bench, hes not going to learn to play with the team on the bench.

Nuvinho
03-15-2009, 07:16 PM
What JC may do until one partnership stands out is base Barrett's partner on the team they are playing, and the type of defenders they have.

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-15-2009, 07:26 PM
vitti so far has seemed more intent in on setting up his teammates than trying to score goals. both barrett and ricketts were set up perfectly by vitti but they didn't score.
I'm glad u said that , you have to start Vitti and Barrett they look good together and the more they play the better they we be . Vitti also need to start shooting more but like u said he is trying to hook up he s teammates befor shooting . I think he will have a big year :drinking:

ensco
03-15-2009, 07:56 PM

Game 2: Vitti started slow (looked clumsy for first 10-15 minutes), after that he was very solid... looked in sync with Guevara, led Ricketts with a beautiful pass that Ricketts should have put in the net, passed across in the 18 yard box to Barrett, who had an empty goal yet shot it right at the keeper; looked active and made some other nice passes
Game 3: invisible at times, but also had some nice play with his teammates after they went a man down

I think the commentator was pretty overly dramatic about what he`d seen from Vitti, considering he only saw Vitti in 2 games, and the 1st games he was quite effective.

My criticisms: 1) he needs to be a bit more selfish and go for goal himself instead of passing so much 2) he`s a bit shy in aerial challenges 3) he needs to stop looking at the ref when he thinks he`s been fouled..

I missed the second half of the DCU game, so that could be affecting my view (although all here said we were not good as a team in that half). Vitti absolutely did have a beautiful pass to Ricketts in that game. I'm not saying that he's not quality.

But forget what anybody makes, or where they come from.

I want the points.

For my money, that means "I dance with who brung me". And I stand by my statement that easing Vitti in, has a higher likelihood of success for Vitti, than just throwing him out there.

Canadian Blue
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
who cares.......more important question is who will be our center backs...

BuSaPuNk
03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Vitti Barrett have to start together. They look like they are building some chemistry and that will work well in our favor. If Vitti is going to be like he was in the two games in charleston then take him off in the 60th and bring on Dichio. Either way the change up of talent and possiesion with Vitti and Barrett for 60 mins then bring on the physical play of Dichio. Big change that I don't think the back line of any team could adjust to right away.

Stryker
03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
^^^ makes perfect sense

hrvat87
03-16-2009, 12:12 AM
for sure vitti & barrett,with out a question

Oblio2
03-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Not rating Vitti at all right now..that I am sure will change as he gets his shit together but for now, Barratt -Dichio for the KC game

CanadaLFC
03-16-2009, 08:16 AM
I think we should start with Barrett-Vitti. Vitti kept Aguero off the bech in one of the u20 tournaments. Now I know he is still unproven here, but he was brought in to be our leading striker. Proffessional's should be able to deal with the pressure. IMO if pressure is the problem, are we then going to turn around and say "Ok, there's too much pressure on Vitti, let's not start him against Columbus or Seattle". I think that he has more ability than our current striker. If he does end up flopping, then we can always make a change and take extra caution for the next game. Carver is not affraid to make changes, and we know that. That plus I think Vitti feeding of DeRo can be dangerous for the opposition. I'm sure Carver will assess the situation and go accordingly, he knows best.

Steve
03-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Definitely Barrett-Vitti. Vitti needs the game time in order to connect with his team-mates. He is better with the ball at his feet than Dichio, and with our midfield (filled more with creative direct ball to feet players than pin-point crossers) I think that will be the strongest option. Granted he needs to find his form, and needs to be a little selfish sometimes, but I think he is going to be really strong for us.

Then, as has been said, you bring Dichio in later to throw the other team for a loop. Especially if we're winning, Dichio will be a good option to hold up the play, batter a tired defense, and work long-balls to when we're under a lot of pressure. I actually like the concept of changing up the entire strike-force if we have the subs (Dichio and Fuad on at the same time). It just forces the other team to completely adapt, and gives both pairs time to develop real chemistry.

arbogast
03-16-2009, 08:56 AM
I vote for Vittles & Deech.

David_Oliveira
03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I said Barrett-Vitti. Pablo needs time to get used to his teammates and this is a good way.

Pachuco
03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Alot of people are forgetting about Ibbey. In fact, Carver seems to rate him higher right now then Dichio. I think Ibbey deserves a shot at fighting for the starting FW role as well.

As far as who do I think should start? I have no idea after watching Vitti play these last two games. Not saying he sucks, he just looks out of place. Not sure that will be fixed in 1 week so I have to agree with Ensco. We need to ease him in I think. That leaves Dichio and Ibbey, my personal opinion is it depends who we are playing.

pekduck
03-16-2009, 12:27 PM

We watched TFC practice in Charleston, Vitti was still nursing an injury and didn't do the full practice and did not play game 1. He was practicing with keen support in training and applying cold packs in the breaks and played in game 2. In game 3, he started but could not match up with big and tall RSL defenders to create opportunities with his quick turning and footworks. He was simply pushed aside and pinned down. Of coures, Dichio is the solution and Carver did sub in Dichio for Vitti in the final 15 minutes.

Vitti is about 80% in his form and has better balls skills than average MLS FC. However, the red-neck 220 lb beef eating goon DCs will literally beat him off the ball.

I say give the kid some time.

Now, back on topic.

Barrett and Vitti as FCs for Kansas City. Wizard's defense should see Vitti uses his creativity and skills to create opportunities for Barrett and sneak in a goal or two with Dero as the offensive mid.

my $0.02

jloome
03-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Barrett and Vitti. They're both able to finish, and create off the defence's shoulders, and create for each other. I don't care if Vitti only scores two goals all season, if he also sets up 21 by Barrett. But if both finish close to double digits in both goals and assists, we're gonna have a good year. I believe nine goals and seven assists was enough to get barrett into the tenth spot for points total last season, so having two players like that....