PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Sunday, Mar.15

denime
03-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Mornin'

TFC burned by spiritless start
Team improves play after defender sent off, but can't net equalizer against Real Salt Lake
Daniel Girard

CHARLESTON, S.C. – It was a good way to cure overconfidence.
Toronto FC, riding high after winning the first two games of a pre-season tournament here, was brought down to earth last night by Real Salt Lake, 2-1.
Toronto was done in by an awful start. Looking disinterested, they conceded two goals, gave up many more chances and had a man sent off in the first 25 minutes.

Read More (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Soccer/article/602650)

Toronto FC finish 2-1 at exhibition tourney
De Rosario prepares for MLS opener with 3 goals in 3 games

Dwayne De Rosario showed he's ready to open the Major League Soccer season with Toronto FC next weekend.
He scored his third goal in as many games Saturday at the Carolina Challenge Cup, but it wasn't enough as Toronto dropped a 2-1 decision to Real Salt Lake in Charleston, S.C.

Read More (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/03/15/sp-torontofc-realsaltlake.html)

Reds fall to Real Salt Lake
De Rosario scores in 2-1 defeat
Toronto FC Media Relations

Toronto FC were beaten 2-1 by Real Salt Lake in the deciding match of the Carolina Challenge Cup at Blackbaud Stadium in South Carolina on Saturday. Dwayne De Rosario pulled TFC back into the game with a goal shortly before half time after RSL had taken a 2-0 lead in the first 20 minutes. The Reds fell behind in just the 6th minute when Javier Morales ball over the top of the TFC defenders found Yura Movsisyan in alone on Stefan Frei. He shot just inside right post to open the scoring.

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090314&content_id=225637&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Toronto FC falls in final tuneup
By SUN WIRE SERVICES

HARLESTON, S.C. -- Yura Movsisyan and Clint Mathis scored in the opening 20 minutes and Real Salt Lake held on for a 2-1 win over Toronto FC in Major League Soccer preseason action last night. The victory gave Real Salt Lake its first Carolina Challenge Cup title. The four-team round-robin event is hosted by the Charleston Battery, and features teams from MLS and the United Soccer Leagues.
Dwayne De Rosario provided the only offence for Toronto FC, giving him goals in all three Carolina Challenge Cup games.

Read More (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/03/15/8753771-sun.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Nuvinho
03-15-2009, 08:39 AM
This is a concern:

Of concern for Toronto for that game is the status of newly acquired defender Adrian Serioux. The Scarborough native came off last night in the 26th minute with an apparent left shoulder injury and was clearly in considerable pain as he left the stadium after the game.

BFin
03-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Thats not good.
Great match atmosphere at Shoeless.
Thank you to everyone responsible.
Poor reslt, but we will get there.

Phil
03-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Serioux looked alright to me when he walked out of the stadium last night to me. He looked upset about the game, no signs of discomfort or pain on his face.

Nuvinho
03-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Serioux looked alright to me when he walked out of the stadium last night to me. He looked upset about the game, no signs of discomfort or pain on his face.

good to hear. We can't afford to lose him.

Debacle
03-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Another year for Harmse and his Yellow Card Festival?

Have to agree ... Shoeless party was great but they need another screen on the bar side of the restaurant. In any case...nice to see everyone is ready to go...can't wait for April 4th at home.

shutupkid
03-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Velez helped shut RSL down. Did I just sat that?

nascarguy
03-15-2009, 09:47 AM
yeah if kevin does not smart up he will not be on the team for the home opener

Stugatzo
03-15-2009, 09:53 AM

no..but i think you did say it.
:rolleyes:

Pachuco
03-15-2009, 10:01 AM
If Velez and Harmse are our starting CBs at the season opener we'll have to win 10-9 :)

scooter
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
mornin d

Boris
03-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Another year for Harmse and his Yellow Card Festival?

Have to agree ... Shoeless party was great but they need another screen on the bar side of the restaurant. In any case...nice to see everyone is ready to go...can't wait for April 4th at home.

last night i could only connect the projectors.
For away and home games all tv's and projectors are set to the game

Mrs. Workie
03-15-2009, 11:31 AM

So many people shit on Velez all the time. He's had his weak moments, but I've always liked him.

James17930
03-15-2009, 11:57 AM
So many people shit on Velez all the time. He's had his weak moments, but I've always liked him.

Well, he's definitely not as bad as people make him out to be.

I don't know why so many people feel the need to always have one player on our team whom we shit on all the time.

Velez deserves a break.

GBV
03-15-2009, 01:13 PM
who's the photo picker at the sun?
the sunshine girl photo they picked for the paper is the eighth hottest by miles. she must be livid.

Marc"2L"
03-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Where's the coed?

Debacle
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
last night i could only connect the projectors.
For away and home games all tv's and projectors are set to the game

Not worries...had a great time...in any case...

:drinking: