PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding FO policy

Azerban
03-14-2009, 03:59 PM
This may have been gone over before but I didn't see it so therefore it never happened.

To those that are in the newly designated Supporters Sections and are excited for this change - make us proud! As a reminder though, in addition to the rules that are in place in the BMO Field Code of Conduct, all flags, banners, drums and streamers require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days, and they can’t be brought into the stadium through the gates.http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/2009/supporters/

Does this mean every single game, I need to show up like an hour early and take my standard size checkered flag w/ PVC pole through some stupid inspection facility where I'll have to stand in a ridiculously long line and they will want to check my cavities for streamers or maybe a small drum?

How does this make sense at all?

Canadian Blue
03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
anyone know this answer? Or is this one of the rules that has always been on the book but not enforced?

Blizzard
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
anyone know this answer? Or is this one of the rules that has always been on the book but not enforced?

Old news. PB was online recently about his in another thread.

Azerban
03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
great

it's old news

don't bother posting the answer or any link to it

god forbid

Workie
03-15-2009, 10:21 AM
I'll find it or get the answer posted one way or another.

Red Rat
03-15-2009, 10:44 AM
ban Azerban, ban azerban, ban Azerban
from asking old news
it all makes sense
ban, ban
Azerban

Phil
03-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I am having trouble finding the exact post but things will remain the same. Large banners will have pre-arranged access to get them installed early, no different than the past couple of years.

Azerban
03-16-2009, 01:29 PM
So to clarify, the day of the home opener I can show up at the normal time at the normal gate with my normal everyday flag and get in, with no problems or hassles.

This all seems very sketch.

alexintoronto
03-16-2009, 02:56 PM
I could only find this - but he only mentions streamers.
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10420

flatpicker
03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't know where this was discussed before...
But I seem to recall them saying that the rules will be the same as last year...
basically... regular flags can be walked in without issue.

celt-nick
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
So to clarify, the day of the home opener I can show up at the normal time at the normal gate with my normal everyday flag and get in, with no problems or hassles.

This all seems very sketch.

As long as the ticket you show at the gate is for a seat in one of the designated supporters sections you will have no problem.

Corcai
03-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Maybe they are just reiterating something that was already in place. Basically if they see something that they definitely do not like they can make you hand it over.