PDA

View Full Version : The First 3 TFC Games on TV

Cas87
03-14-2009, 12:37 PM
according to www.torontofc.ca (http://www.torontofc.ca)
Kansas City Game on GolTV
KKKrew Game on GolTV
Seattle SOunders FC (home openner) on CBC

Thats all they have up right now

CDNSoccerFan
03-14-2009, 12:46 PM
how much is GolTV a month?

nascarguy
03-14-2009, 12:47 PM
3$... get it it's so cheap

CDNSoccerFan
03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
LeafsTV, RapsTV and now this, man we really get fisted up here

drewski
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM

far from it. these games weren't taken form CBC/RSN and put on Gol to get you to buy them. these are games you wouldn't otherwise get too see

rocker
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
thank god I have GolTV!
I love that channel anyways, so this just adds to my love.
I'd like to know what ratings are like on this channel though?
Can they get more than they got on the Score (the ratings on the score were so shitty).

Yalomed
03-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Is the KKKrew game still on a tape delay?

TFC USA
03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, 10 games on GOLTV, that's 20% of the allotment out of the way.

So hopefully down the stretch the CBC will take over.

rocker
03-14-2009, 01:43 PM
one of the things I know MLS is concerned about is converting Euro-footy fans into MLS fans. I think this could be good for targeting those people, as opposed to tossing games up on a general interest sports station like the Score.

devioustrevor
03-14-2009, 01:50 PM

My cable provider doesn't carry it, so unless I find streams I'm out in the cold.

Dunkers
03-14-2009, 01:56 PM
far from it. these games weren't taken form CBC/RSN and put on Gol to get you to buy them. these are games you wouldn't otherwise get too see

I remeber seeing away games on sporrtnet and the score last year, so some of these games have been taken away, i think i watched maybe 2 games through the mls feed over the last 2 years because t wasnt live

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-14-2009, 02:02 PM

good ..i'll have to get it this week!......

I wonder if they will start covering other MLS sides in the future?

Technorgasm
03-14-2009, 02:03 PM
twats that?
I cunt hear you. . .

tits ok,
I finger it out.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/premscorline_SIG8fb.gif

drewski
03-14-2009, 02:40 PM
twats that?
I cunt hear you. . .

tits ok,
I finger it out.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/premscorline_SIG8fb.gif

just wanted to thank you for that ticker. no need to watch the liverpool-united game I had recorded when I went to work this morning and was ooking forward to watching tonight

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-14-2009, 02:50 PM
I wonder who’s going to do the commentary? I hope it’s "TFC TV" branded and they present it like it’s a club channel - along the lines of MUTV.

rocker
03-14-2009, 02:57 PM
how about Luke Wileman??? he was pretty good doing that friendly last year.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-14-2009, 03:07 PM
how about Luke Wileman??? he was pretty good doing that friendly last year.

That’s who I’m hoping for too. I hope the ramp up the production some - in terms of the post and pre games. There’s nothing wrong with the TV coverage the teams had so far on CBC and Sportsnet - I’d just like to see TFC/MLSE invest in taking to the next level, particularly now that it’s being offered at a cost to the fans.

Brooker
03-14-2009, 06:46 PM
just wanted to thank you for that ticker. no need to watch the liverpool-united game I had recorded when I went to work this morning and was ooking forward to watching tonight

i did the same thing. i figured i'd be safe in a message board section that has nothing to do with english soccer. i'm sadly mistaken. :mad:

TFC FORZA RPB
03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
If you wanna watch it on tv but don't have Goal and are on Rogers, call them up and order it, if im not mistaken they will give you any channel for free for 3 months, Setanta included

mclaren
03-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I guess we can still watch the games that are on Gol TV on the internet potentially.

Rochdale
03-14-2009, 10:22 PM
thank god I have GolTV!
I love that channel anyways, so this just adds to my love.
I'd like to know what ratings are like on this channel though?
Can they get more than they got on the Score (the ratings on the score were so shitty).

How can you love that channel that show Footballers Lives 10 times a day with that bird Sossy. Get rid of her.

Blizzard
03-14-2009, 11:25 PM
How can you love that channel that show Footballers Lives 10 times a day with that bird Sossy. Get rid of her.

I'm hoping and praying that the new owners will raise the bar somewhat on GOL.

Certainly the TFC content will help!

rocker
03-15-2009, 10:45 AM

cuz of German soccer, south american soccer, italian soccer, USL soccer....

maybe you haven't been watching it long enough ;)

nfitz
03-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Hmm, just went to my PVR to program next Saturday's game. However GOL TV shows Columbian football. And zap2it.com says the same. No info on GOL's website.

Presumably this is just out of date ...

Oh well, at least Extra Time is back on GOL TV this week - couldn't find it last week.

SweetOwnGoal
03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
good ..i'll have to get it this week!......

I wonder if they will start covering other MLS sides in the future?

There will be about 45 out of market MLS games on Gol this year

Kooper
03-15-2009, 08:00 PM

Nice analogy

My cable provider doesn't carry it, so unless I find streams I'm out in the cold.

Dude you are totally getting fisted on that one.

nfitz
03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
There will be about 45 out of market MLS games on Gol this yearGreat!

Now is anyone carrying the Champion's League? Seems bizarre to me that only the Montreal games were being carried ... I'd have watched some of the others!

Rochdale
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
cuz of German soccer, south american soccer, italian soccer, USL soccer....

maybe you haven't been watching it long enough ;)

l've had it for over 12 months. USL soccer is never on it. Italian serie a soccer, wrong again. They show meaningless coppa italia games but they do have the Italian world cup Qual and who gives a fcuk about Colombian soccer?

FCBarcelona
03-16-2009, 09:10 PM
update*****

I see the MLS site has anew link to to all MLS games (130 games) for 20 usa dollars!
or pay one game for 5 usa dollars!
Nice thing aboot this setup for this year theses game are on demand, so if yoo miss a game yoo can watch it anytime.
I did try this last year due too not all TFC games are on tv here in Alberta (lack of interest was the reason giving bye sportsnet) it worked fine for me.

I'm glad i watch TFC this year either online or on tv.

FCBarcelona
03-16-2009, 09:19 PM
just cheked other MLS teams tv listings i see most of them have there tv game listed, Chivas USA seam to be in the same boat as TFC .

vamos TFC:canada:

Blizzard
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
l've had it for over 12 months. USL soccer is never on it. Italian serie a soccer, wrong again. They show meaningless coppa italia games but they do have the Italian world cup Qual and who gives a fcuk about Colombian soccer?

You would prefer another two hours of "Footballers Lives" perhaps?

You might not care about Colombian soccer but as long as it is a quality product, I'm glad it's there. It's certainly better than USL!

MLSE hasn't even received CRTC approval to take over the station yet so be patient and let's see what is up the sleeve of the new owners.

PB has already mentioned that non-TFC MLS matches will be part of their programming so steps are being taken.

If you dislike the station so much, drop it and pay $15/month for Setanta. It's definitely a better station!

Sab0tage
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
far from it. these games weren't taken form CBC/RSN and put on Gol to get you to buy them. these are games you wouldn't otherwise get too see We wouldn't get to see the season opener otherwise? The opener was on Sportsnet last year. So now, unless of course there are streams online somewhere, people who are unable to purchase GolTV will be not be able to watch the majority of games? So much for me being able to watch the first two games this season.

FCBarcelona
03-16-2009, 10:23 PM
We wouldn't get to see the season opener otherwise? The opener was on Sportsnet last year. So now, unless of course there are streams online somewhere, people who are unable to purchase GolTV will be not be able to watch the majority of games? So much for me being able to watch the first two games this season.
=====
i JUST signed up through MLS site for all 130 games for 20 usa dollars, at least i know i can see TFC each week.
i have figure oot who it works again:noidea:

:)

SGR114
03-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Does anybody know if GOL is available through Bell Express Vu? I thought it was for awhile and there's nothing on their website. Thanks for any help.

nfitz
03-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Channel 404 on Express-vu according to Gol's website: http://www.goltv.ca/about/channel_guide.php