PDA

View Full Version : TFC Season Opener Viewing in Mississauga

CanadaLFC
03-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey Everyone,

Some of us that live in the Mississauga area agreed that it was too far to go to Toronto for every away game viewing. So we thought, why not pick and choose a soccer-friendly bar in our area?

Thus, after talking to some of my fellow supporters and getting opinions, we agreed that a good place to watch TFC would be the Mad Hatter located on Eglington and Heritage Hills.

The pub offers a good menu as well as many different types of beer on tap. The bar is extremely soccer friendly, quite often described as "the best place to watch soccer in Mississauga". If we are able to get out good groups consistently, I'm sure the owner, who I have spoken to, will gives us special perks as TFC fans. The pub is also excellent for getting your Premiership, Champions League, and International footy fix.

So basically, I am saying that everyone who wants to watch the Season Opener in a social setting come out to the Mad Hatter on Saturday, March 21, 2009. The match starts 8:00 pm.

Hope to see you lads there !!!

All for One,
Raghav

Click on the Map Link
http://www.livesoccertv.com/pubs/ontario/m...mad-hatter-pub/

nascarguy
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
i would show up for away game or 2 there is a gobus that goes there from hamilton and it's cheaper go ride then going to shoeless joe's

tfcmanu
03-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Hey Everyone,

Some of us that live in the Mississauga area agreed that it was too far to go to Toronto for every away game viewing. So we thought, why not pick and choose a soccer-friendly bar in our area?

Thus, after talking to some of my fellow supporters and getting opinions, we agreed that a good place to watch TFC would be the Mad Hatter located on Eglington and Heritage Hills.

The pub offers a good menu as well as many different types of beer on tap. The bar is extremely soccer friendly, quite often described as "the best place to watch soccer in Mississauga". If we are able to get out good groups consistently, I'm sure the owner, who I have spoken to, will gives us special perks as TFC fans. The pub is also excellent for getting your Premiership, Champions League, and International footy fix.

So basically, I am saying that everyone who wants to watch the Season Opener in a social setting come out to the Mad Hatter on Saturday, March 21, 2009. The match starts 8:00 pm.

All for One,
Raghav

Click on the Map Link

Hey Raghav,
I'll try to make it to the away games since the madahtter is around the corner from where I live, Good for you on trying to make this happen.

CanadaLFC
03-14-2009, 01:02 PM
i would show up for away game or 2 there is a gobus that goes there from hamilton and it's cheaper go ride then going to shoeless joe's

I am not entirely sure but there may be a go bus that goes to Cooksville Go Station which isn't too far.

nascarguy
03-14-2009, 01:06 PM
it goes by the mall that is just by jackasstor
it's cost 15$ for a day pass
Locationhttp://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/station/TICKET.GIFStation Gate Road, Mississauga, ON
Rathburn Rd. & Duke of York Blvd.
on Station Gate Rd. @ Rathburn Rd. (across from Mississauga Transit Terminal; between Chapters and Playdium)
Google map (http://maps.google.ca/local?f=q&h1=en&q=43.5934,+-79.6419+(Square+One+GO+Terminal))

CanadaLFC
03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
it goes by the mall that is just by jackasstor

Alright that means it goes by Square One. Mad Hatter is literally a five minute bus ride from there!!

nascarguy
03-14-2009, 01:16 PM
your link
http://www.livesoccertv.com/pubs/ontario/mississauga/the-mad-hatter-pub/
Page Not Found

The page you requested cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable

tomasz
03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Ill try to make it for the home opener.

BritSOL
03-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me.

TFC FORZA RPB
03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
normally i don't give free promo's but a friend of mine has been playing all the TFC game's at Europe's Finest in Streetsville, the owners are also Season Ticket Holders, The bar is only a year old, the food is good, as is the big screen, i thought i would mention that, incase you choose to switch up the venue, from time to time.

egoodwin
03-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey Everyone,

All for One,
Raghav

Click on the Map Link
best place to watch soccer my ass

went there with friends figuring they'd be showing the Canada WCQ game few months ago, every tv had hockey on it, and when I asked if they could put one tv on the Canada game, it was a blunt NO

CanadaLFC
03-15-2009, 01:07 PM
It is an excellent place to watch soccer. They have people coming out in droves to watch on weekend mornings. They've got groups of different supporters as well as a Pub team that plays in competitions.

I dont know about your situation, but they've always been excellent when asked to put on a tfc game.

Super
03-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I watched a TFC game there once. Not a lot of people showed up, but it was pretty nice and empty - so we had a whole section to ourselves. I'd be happy to go there again for home games. It's easier than heading downtown for Shoeless or the Duke or whatever.

BritSOL
03-21-2009, 02:53 PM
So, are people are still planning to go there?

BrennanFan
03-23-2009, 05:33 PM
so, did people show up? how was it?

also, is anyone here interested in playing on the Peel Region team for the RPB Challenge Cups?

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10415

TorCanSoc
03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I did not get to this thread in time. I did not get to this event. Hope it went well. Sounds like Streetsville is also an option. I'm at Credit Woodlands/Burnhamthorpe so either location is fine.

ArteEtLabore
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
If you are looking for a Streetsville alternative there is Europe's Finest Wood Oven Pizzeria & Sports Bar. Never been in it myself so I can't comment on what it's like to watch a game, but they do advertise that they show TFC games there.

Another choice I like is the Lionheart on Derry West of 10th line. Doesn't get a whole lot of people out for TFC games (more of the hockey crowd) but the food there is awesome.

Anyway, I'll probably be looking for a place to watch the game vs columbus, so whatever the popular choice is, I'll probably be there.