PDA

View Full Version : Ricketts checks in from Charleston

Nuvinho
03-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Rollin' with Ricketts

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/fans/blogs/rollin_with_ricketts/

Yo what's popping Toronto?? I know the weather must be playing up in T Dot! I'm sitting in my hotel room right now listening to Johann Smith rapping... he is a real funny guy hahaha!! When he reads this he is probably going to be asking me why I told you... hahaha.
Fortunately for me and the boys we are down in South Carolina playing in the Carolina Challenge Cup in great weather conditions. We have got two straight wins and we are going for a third on Saturday against Real Salt Lake. Be sure to catch the game live on Toronto FC TV.
The mood in the camp is amazing on and off the pitch. No disrespect to any of the players that have left the club but the level of the squad has improved in various areas. Paul Winsper has played a massive part in our progression as individuals and as a team. I have not felt this fit in a few years. This should lead to a positive season. I can only imagine how excited and impatient all you fans must be right now. Well it won’t be too long now before the city is rocking because Toronto FC are back playing.
Big thanks to all the Toronto FC fans that have made the trip down to Charleston to watch their beloved team. That’s what I call real dedication to the cause!! Big shout out to Malcolm the KITMAN for being so consistent in his role in the unit. He is a real character. Until next time... stay healthy and positive...
IT’S NOT ME ITS MY SHOES... Rohan Ricketts x

Kevin
03-13-2009, 10:53 PM
The thing that stood out to me the most after the first match last Saturday was the "love" that the players gave us after the final whistle. The way they came out to mid-field and "blew kisses" and bowed to us was an absolute honor. My original attraction to TFC was the fan support but, after that gesture by the players showed me the that Toronto FC is a close knit family. Let me give a whole-hearted thank you to you guys for letting me into your family. I will be pulling for TFC down here in South Carolina long after the season is has started. You guys have made a true fan down here! My next goal is to plan a trip to TO to make a home game and experience a true game day atmosphere. You guys ROCK! Let this post be a testiment to all of you that your spirit and loyalty has not gone un-noticed. I am proud that I can call myself a fan of Toronto FC. TOR .... ONT ....