PDA

View Full Version : Columbus to give out Coins to celebrate KKKup victory?

Technorgasm
03-13-2009, 02:47 PM
FRom B.S. (nuff said)

Found here:
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=961358

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading a Canadian blog http://24thminute.blogspot.com/2009/...-march-28.html (http://24thminute.blogspot.com/2009/03/canadian-invasion-20-set-for-march-28.html)
that was linked by Crewture, and according to the comments
Quote:
Columbus Crew (http://soccernews.bigsoccer.com/topic/Columbus_Crew) folks mention a coin to be given to fans at this game to salute the 08 Cup/Shield winning season
I hope that somebody is smart enough not to pass these out to TFC supporters, this will lead to nothing but trouble.
@import "http://diacache.daylife.com/_static/release-45054/v2/css/daylife/thickbox.css";

Flipityflu
03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
makes a change from the usual distribution of an STD.

Nuvinho
03-13-2009, 02:56 PM
great.....how many of those will be thrown on the field??

TFC Via Buffalo
03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Columbus fans should be used to accepting coins from people.

romburgundy
03-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Guys are we being a little harsh maybe? Naahhh...

Sab0tage
03-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Columbus fans should be used to accepting coins from people. Zing.

GingerNinja
03-13-2009, 03:05 PM
great.....how many of those will be thrown on the field??

The real question is, how many will get thrown at us!!!

Wagner
03-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I would guess that inbreeding for so many generations would make it hard for them to throw the coins far enough.
Between the poor eyesight, lower mental capacity, etc...

Also, how many of us could they hit?
we're going to out number them.

Technorgasm
03-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I think BMO is planning a "snooker-balls & Socks" night in response for their visit in May. .

haha

BC101
03-13-2009, 03:12 PM
makes a change from the usual distribution of an STD.
quality. confirmed LOL.

Mrs. Workie
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Ya cuz those won't get thrown on the pitch.....

GingerNinja
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I would guess that inbreeding for so many generations would make it hard for them to throw the coins far enough.
Between the poor eyesight, lower mental capacity, etc...

Also, how many of us could they hit?
we're going to out number them.

TFC supporter overflow in the east stands will be pretty close to them.
Also, last year a few of them snuck around behind us.
And the stairs on the outside are open then can throw them down at us.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-13-2009, 03:40 PM
That's real fucking smart of them isn't it!??

They are gonna whip those coins at our players when we score on them!!

scots17
03-13-2009, 03:40 PM
this is gonna be up there with "bat night" at yankee stadium, lol

TFCREDNWHITE
03-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Fuck might as well do, fully loaded 9mm gun night at BMO when the crew come to town!! LOL

Flipityflu
03-13-2009, 04:06 PM
yep, just what i thought. this is their next home game give-away

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Flipityflu/3_13_165413_60853_46875_0_505367.jpg

FluSH
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
You have to be kidding me right?!?! Why? Do they want an Royal Rumble in there.... this is going to get real ugly.

onemanbarmyarmy
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM
As if anyone from columbus will throw away a coin. Not in these harsh times. Being a "Lab Rat" don't pay the way she used too.

rocker
03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
so this is how they get fans to come to games eh? pay them in coins?

i mean, it's one thing to give away free tickets... but paying them to come??? ;)

TFC Via Buffalo
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
so this is how they get fans to come to games eh? pay them in coins?

i mean, it's one thing to give away free tickets... but paying them to come??? ;)

It's redeemable for one ticket to another game of your choice or a free administration fee when entering a pig in the county fair.

Brooker
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
i dunno whether to laugh or cry at how dumb this is.

Jack
03-13-2009, 05:24 PM
You have to be kidding me right?!?! Why? Do they want an Royal Rumble in there.... this is going to get real ugly.
Why?

Are you planning on throwing coins?

I'm not.

FluSH
03-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Why?

I'm not.

How would you even conclude to this?! How about coins getting thrown at us...

BC101
03-13-2009, 05:45 PM
MOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! screen capturing for future reference!

Yohan
03-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Why?

I'm not.
are you sure there aren't going to be few retards that should have been aborted at the moment they were conceived among the few thousand tfc fans going to columbus?

Pigfynn
03-13-2009, 05:50 PM
They should just figure out a way to give coins out to the Crew fans so that they won't have them to throw......like maybe on the way out?

I'm sooooo smart. I should work for MLS.

Yohan
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
They should just figure out a way to give coins out to the Crew fans so that they won't have them to throw......like maybe on the way out?

I'm sooooo smart. I should work for MLS.
i hear parking lots are a rough place... esp after couple of drinks...

Torcida
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
If they are smart they would hand these out after the game.

Chevy
03-13-2009, 06:04 PM
They should hand out bills instead (marketing genius)

adamdz
03-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I hope we get coins, then we can melt them and make tfc jewelry!

Toronto Ruffrider
03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I hope we get coins, then we can melt them and make tfc jewelry!

Nah, the coins will be too cheap for that. The Crew will probably hand out those "no cash value" tokens that one can find at batting cages or Chuck E. Cheese's. That would be the equivalent of MLSE handing out five cents in Canadian Tire money to each fan at BMO.

GlenM
03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
This could rank up there...

I seemed to reminder Cleveland Indians had a 80's disco night with the small 45 vinyl records as hand outs and they'll went flying everywhere...it was even more than when our frisbees went flying...so just to put into prespective...coins, not a good idea..

Mikey
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
So no one has any actual links or confirmation of this being true then?

Sab0tage
03-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Nah, the coins will be too cheap for that. The Crew will probably hand out those "no cash value" tokens that one can find at batting cages or Chuck E. Cheese's. That would be the equivalent of MLSE handing out five cents in Canadian Tire money to each fan at BMO. There probably just pieces of chocolate covered in fancy tinfoil wrapping. :rolleyes:

TFC Cityboy
03-13-2009, 08:49 PM
you couldn't make it up could you!

Yalomed
03-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Definitely a potentially dangerous situation for some of our supporters making the trip to Buttfucknowhere, Ohio. If them overall wearing hillbilly's don't eat them first.

Keystone FC
03-14-2009, 02:39 AM
This could rank up there...

I seemed to reminder Cleveland Indians had a 80's disco night with the small 45 vinyl records as hand outs and they'll went flying everywhere...it was even more than when our frisbees went flying...so just to put into prespective...coins, not a good idea..
I wonder if they got more distance than say...seat cushions?

Keystone FC
03-14-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't think we have to worry about anything from our side.
I remember last year they game out magnet scheds with the programs. I only saw one fly from the Southend. When it flew back into the Southend I think that was the end of it.

MUFC_Niagara
03-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Why?

I'm not.

You may not Jack, and I may not, and i'm fairly certain FluSH and the rest of the level headed RPB won't BUT....there are idiots in every group. People did dumb stuff last year and got arrested. We also have idiots who call themselves "supporters" that throw stuff on the pitch at BMO. Someone will end up throwing their coin at someone if they give them to us. I just hope no one on the pitch gets hurt.

Valentine
03-14-2009, 08:39 AM
If the Columbus FO do not want us to throw the coins on the pitch, then it would be a smart idea for them to hand then out after the match...

Hopefully we will have no incidents. Because the worst thing that could happen would be repercussions from the MLS front office because of a few idiots.

Jack
03-14-2009, 09:22 AM
How would you even conclude to this?! How about coins getting thrown at us...
Sorry dude, I was just busting your balls. I needed a smiley in there.

MOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! screen capturing for future reference!

LOL

You just love the carnage, don't you? :p

are you sure there aren't going to be few retards that should have been aborted at the moment they were conceived among the few thousand tfc fans going to columbus?

I have no doubt there will be a few idiots on both sides of the fence. I really hope Columbus' security staff does a better job than they did last year of keeping the very small number of troublemakers separate. They allowed idiot Crew supporters to walk into our area of the stadium last year and start problems with our supporters, which of course leads to confrontation.

You may not Jack, and I may not, and i'm fairly certain FluSH and the rest of the level headed RPB won't BUT....there are idiots in every group. People did dumb stuff last year and got arrested. We also have idiots who call themselves "supporters" that throw stuff on the pitch at BMO. Someone will end up throwing their coin at someone if they give them to us. I just hope no one on the pitch gets hurt.

I agree. I'm sorry, I was being a bit flippant with Flush because I like to bust his balls. I'm actually quite shocked that they are giving out coins. The only thing I can hope for is that the Crew supporters will actually want to hold onto this memento of their championship rather than throw it at someone in a fit of childish, faux-tough guy bravado.

CretanBull
03-14-2009, 09:31 AM
There probably just pieces of chocolate covered in fancy tinfoil wrapping. :rolleyes:

In Columbus, that's gold.

LucaGol
03-14-2009, 09:37 AM
This is kind of a strange discussion ... beeecaaause everyone who goes to a soccer match probably already has a few coins in their pocket.

Why does getting one for free before a match make you more apt to toss it onto the field?

Granted the coin is a memento a may not hold any real value while the coins already in your pocket do have tangible value, however little it may be.

But whatever, its not as if people will have their armed cocked with coin in hand, ready to throw at a moments notice. The coin will probably be with the rest of their change.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-14-2009, 09:39 AM
The only thing I can hope for is that the Crew supporters will actually want to hold onto this memento of their championship rather than throw it at someone in a fit of childish, faux-tough guy bravado.

You know these are the guys with brass knuckles on their shirts right? HSH are exactly the type of group I would expect childish, faux-tough guy bravado from. Just saying.

Still it would be nice to get through this trip back to Columbus with out some of the same bullshit as last year.

tfcmanu
03-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Fill your pockets with toonies and loonies and get ready to defend our supporters, kkkrew need some $$$$$ anyways. ;)

rocker
03-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Why does getting one for free before a match make you more apt to toss it onto the field?

because suddenly thousands of people are being handed a coin, and it's not their money?

Groupthink can be pretty scary... at least the TFC seat cushions were soft ;)

MUFC_Niagara
03-14-2009, 12:25 PM
because suddenly thousands of people are being handed a coin, and it's not their money?

Groupthink can be pretty scary... at least the TFC seat cushions were soft ;)

Group think and alcohol. Plus why the hell would any one of us want a crew champions coin? Some people will be smart enough to just get rid of it in the bin, others will throw them on the pitch at crew players.

Oblio2
03-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Smart move.
It goes right up there with "Molatov Cocktail Giveaway"

Stupid douches....

Keystone FC
03-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Smart move.
It goes right up there with "Molatov Cocktail Giveaway"

Stupid douches....

I always like 'Hardliquor Handgun Night'.:D

james
03-14-2009, 09:54 PM
how could they be stupid enough to hand out coins, those are getting thrown at the field for sure!!!!

pavintfc
03-15-2009, 10:02 PM
gna be trouble with the coins

ExiledRed
03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Tim's right. (did I just say that?)

The crew supporters are about as likely to throw away their memorabilia item, as I am to use my scarf to strangle somebody. If they want to throw coins, they will throw loose nickels and dimes.

The real concern is our own fans. We like to think we can trust ourselves, but really we can only trust ourselves individually. The group is not controlled, and only mildly self policed. The crew's coins are valueless to us TFC fans, and there are most definitely idiots among us who will be inclined to throw them.

Four 4 Two
03-15-2009, 10:33 PM
In a show of TFC pride, I'm more likely to not accept it when entering the stadium. ANd if I did, it would go in the trash right away. And if i forgot, it would go on the floor by my seat. And if I noticed it again later I would kick it aside. And if I still noticed it again later I'll be pretty drunk and might throw it on the field!!
I hope I just don't take one in the first place!!