PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ the new site

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Well if you though we got a special treat just take a look at all the other Teams sites HAHAHAHAHA:eek::eek:

Dunkers
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
This site is actually a huge downgrade, now we get to see the scrolling adds for extratime, the most uninformed people to collect an MLS paycheck... fire both of them and hire tim lovejoy

seriously disapointing, thanks MLS for forcing your cookie cutter web adds on all of us

JD

loconet
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
This site is actually a huge downgrade, now we get to see the scrolling adds for extratime, the most uniformed people to collect an MLS paycheck... fire both of them and hire tim lovejoy

seriously disapointing, thanks MLS for forcing your cookie cutter web adds on all of us

JD

Ads? Didn't even notice them...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Cashcleaner
03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I really don't like the new TFC site. Its like reading the classified ads in a newspaper. Far too much text than needed. As I mentioned elsewhere, there quite a bit of information overload going on.

Lucky Strike
03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Meh, I think it's fine; for my part, I consider it an upgrade over the old site. Not a huge upgrade, but still...

Daveisonfire
03-12-2009, 11:06 PM
yeah its terrible imo

FluSH
03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF
WTF

Are you kidding me? did MLS really do this to TFC? It looks like some cheap ass Template they forced them to use... GWAD

rocker
03-12-2009, 11:16 PM
looks better than the old one.

Nomad
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the main page? When you scroll over the buttons (i.e. Tickets, Schedule, Match Centre etc etc) the drop down options actually go behind the main articles featured so you can't really view them or click on them.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-12-2009, 11:48 PM
It’s nothing special, sadly the Serbian White Eagles still have a better website than TFC:

http://www.serbianwhiteeagles.ca/updates/ (http://www.serbianwhiteeagles.ca/updates/)

I’m not really concerned with the way the website looks per se, I’m more concerned by the lack of information on the site, for example the team played a reserve game in SC yet there’s no mention of it on the site.

TheRenter
03-13-2009, 12:38 AM
^lol...it's true, and plus yah, i'd like to be informed on how the reserves play; via the official Toronto website at least

Stilts
03-13-2009, 12:51 AM
I don't understand why they don't get Arktype to do their site.

http://www.arktyp.ca/

They are one of the best web-site design firms in the world, and are completely based out of Toronto.

nascarguy
03-13-2009, 12:54 AM
the team played a reserve game in SC as a extra way to get the team fit for saturday game

twistedchinaman
03-13-2009, 01:14 AM
Ambivalent. It's like vanilla ice cream to be honest; plain but functional.

...and we're talkin' the generic stuff, not the vanilla bean stuff. :D

Shakes McQueen
03-13-2009, 02:20 AM
It's a small improvement over the old one. Geez, some people will complain about anything.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
03-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Some things are worth complaining about. Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible website as a generality, but it's certainly not as professional as I think it could be.

egoodwin
03-13-2009, 04:40 AM
it's too congested

James Oliphant
03-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with the main page? When you scroll over the buttons (i.e. Tickets, Schedule, Match Centre etc etc) the drop down options actually go behind the main articles featured so you can't really view them or click on them.

I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer 6. If so, time to upgrade (assuming you're not on a work computer).

But it's also a serious design flaw where the Flash Player that's used for the headline flipper (the main articles to which you refer) takes precedence over the CSS-based drop down menu when the page is rendered in older browsers. And it's definitely something the folks at MLS should have caught before approving this re-design (if it can be called that).

One more reason to get away from the cookie-cutter, Paul B. Seattle's done it. So have the Revs. Time to get a proper web firm on-board.

massive_magpie
03-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Sounders page is pretty badass (although for me a lot comes from the stadium pic front and centre), but why the hell do we need to have that bloody bar with every time at the top and they don't?

jwfm1985
03-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Some things are worth complaining about. Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible website as a generality, but it's certainly not as professional as I think it could be.

this is not one of those things. It isnt that bad

Suds
03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
It’s nothing special, sadly the Serbian White Eagles still have a better website than TFC:

http://www.serbianwhiteeagles.ca/updates/ (http://www.serbianwhiteeagles.ca/updates/)

I’m not really concerned with the way the website looks per se, I’m more concerned by the lack of information on the site, for example the team played a reserve game in SC yet there’s no mention of it on the site.

^
you're right ... that is a nicely designed site!!

not a fan of the new TFC site ... information overload on the main page

Arnie Knows
03-13-2009, 10:04 AM
hahahah That site really sucks

FluSH
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
can someone confirm for me if TFC was forced to change their website? Did MLS want a cookie-cutter site for all of its teams? Such a shame... I can't think how in the world someone would consider this a good change?

Bender
03-13-2009, 10:50 AM
can someone confirm for me if TFC was forced to change their website? Did MLS want a cookie-cutter site for all of its teams? Such a shame... I can't think how in the world someone would consider this a good change?

All teams? Look at Seattle, they did their own thing and it turned out great

Whoop
03-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Meh.

Even the Seattle one is not all that special.

Official team pages, in general for most leagues, blow. You are not going to get any ground breaking news there or learn anything new there. It's mainly for general info (directions, tickets, etc) only.

nfitz
03-13-2009, 11:10 AM
We've often seen news at the TFC seat, and learned new information. The layout might offend some of the art crowd (but what doesn't ...), but it's a pretty informative site I'd say!

Whoop
03-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Really?

Most news breaks on other sites, especially in regards to player signings/trialing, friendlies, etc.

I mainly use the TFC site to get to my account manager.

Frick
03-13-2009, 11:28 AM
The old site was cookie-cutter as well. The new site is better except for the awful top banner.

Look at other club sites, and their team banners have actual photos of the players.

TFC needs to use better images. The look they went for does not work.

Mr. Bigby
03-13-2009, 12:05 PM
The look of the new page is ugly as sin, but there looks to be a few interesting tweaks that MAY make it a bit more useful, once I get used to it. The jury remains deadlocked...

bee dubya
03-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Why do they feel the need to cram so much onto one page? It's overly busy and ugly.

Don Julio
03-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Jesus, that's absolutely terrible. I really don't care, though. I only want the schedule and TFCTV. I'll just bookmark them so I don't have to look at that abortion of a main page.

Markham_RPB
03-13-2009, 01:26 PM
All teams? Look at Seattle, they did their own thing and it turned out great

I agree Sounder's website looks supper snazy !

:yum:

Nomad
03-13-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer 6. If so, time to upgrade (assuming you're not on a work computer).

But it's also a serious design flaw where the Flash Player that's used for the headline flipper (the main articles to which you refer) takes precedence over the CSS-based drop down menu when the page is rendered in older browsers. And it's definitely something the folks at MLS should have caught before approving this re-design (if it can be called that).

One more reason to get away from the cookie-cutter, Paul B. Seattle's done it. So have the Revs. Time to get a proper web firm on-board.

I was using Firefox on Linux.

scots17
03-13-2009, 01:56 PM
who cares what it looks like...i will be watching us hoist the trophy tomorrow after we take care of business, tomorrow will be historic (1st trophy) for our club...and everyone is complaining about the web-site....FOCUS PEOPLE!!!!!

nfitz
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Seconded!!

Wow, just realised - 8 days until the season opener!

Chevy
03-13-2009, 02:03 PM
All Your Bandwith Are Belong To Mls

dantdot
03-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't feel so bad about our site. We could have this banner. Lock up your daughters.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2rr2lnk.png

James Oliphant
03-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I was using Firefox on Linux.

What version of Firefox?

FluSH
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't feel so bad about our site. We could have this banner. Lock up your daughters.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2rr2lnk.png

Have you not seen the banner we have now??? Wynne and DeRO look like they have Ebola... and Dichio looks like a Zombie

ginkster88
03-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Hahaha I think it has actually regressed further since the change. The letters look fuzzy for me in Safari... that wasn't an issue a few days ago. The more you look at it the worse it looks, I tell you. And Dichio definitely looks like a zombie.

adamdz
03-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Have you not seen the banner we have now??? Wynne and DeRO look like they have Ebola... and Dichio looks like a Zombie

LOL I went to the site and spit out my drink when I saw Ebola Wynne (or whoever that is).

pavintfc
03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
y change the site it was fine as it was

FluSH
03-16-2009, 08:49 AM
LOL I went to the site and spit out my drink when I saw Ebola Wynne (or whoever that is).

Yeah... it may not be Wynne... I can't tell due to the ebola on his face!!!