PDA

View Full Version : March to the MATCH TRADITON!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I know........we've beeing doing this since the exsitience of TFC.....:D

BUt did someone steal our how to suppport a team MANUAL?:drinking:

First the SCARFS as a season opener ticket...now this!

Im sure many teams have there marching to the stadiums......but this is being organzied %100 by the FO and NOt the SG's!.....and a reminder to SSFC supporters....please march on the sidewalks! :)

http://www.mls-rumors.net/

NEXT up DOUBLE DECKER BUSSES!!!! stay tune!!!!

nascarguy
03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
this just show that they care about there team. there the only team be side us that can march from a bar

Flipityflu
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
yup, we invented t-shirts and stadium marches.

we also exploed the first atomic bomb, sent the first man to the moon, and invented blow jobs.

BC101
03-12-2009, 07:46 PM
i think marches are pretty common the world over TBF...

TFCREDNWHITE
03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
yup, we invented t-shirts and stadium marches.

we also exploed the first atomic bomb, sent the first man to the moon, and invented blow jobs.

:D:D:D

BFin
03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
The better question: Is anyone else growing a mid week charleston cup beard like me?!?.......... No? Dammit.

James Oliphant
03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
BUt did someone steal our how to suppport a team MANUAL?:drinking:

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

Feel free to refresh this page to see how many people are facepalming themselves thanks to you.

Waggy
03-12-2009, 07:54 PM
It also shows they can't come up with it organically, therefore we're better then them! YA! lol. who cares who copies us? Imitation is the highest form of flattery after all

TorontoBlades
03-12-2009, 07:55 PM
this is the first step for some of the media whore RPBs out there...you guys will realize how easy it can be to arrange support

the day we become great supporters is the day we become face-less masses of support

the day we become great supporters is when our chants are simple and loud and repetitive...not quirky, catchy, and humourous

...that's all

MUFC_Niagara
03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

Feel free to refresh this page to see how many people are facepalming themselves thanks to you.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=1389

+1...

Rudi
03-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Who gives a shit what they do? We weren't the first supporters to march to a stadium, so why chastise them for this?

Yes, the fact that the FO is organizing this stuff for them is pretty lame, but if that works for Seattle, who really cares, right?

I'm most embarrassed by some of the stupid comments left on that article (I also embarrassed that I actually read an MLS Tumors article). Some TFC supporters are so frustratingly self-loving.

Granted, some of the responses were just as dumb, but why bother writing that shit in the first place?

How about we concentrate on becoming the best supporters that we can be, and let everyone else worry about themselves. If some fanbases feel the need to emulate us in some capacity, take it as a compliment, move on, and seek to improve ourselves even more so that they have to strive even higher to emulate us next time.

the day we become great supporters is when our chants are simple and loud and repetitive...not quirky, catchy, and humourous
Since when do they have to be mutually exclusive?

BC101
03-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Who gives a shit what they do? We weren't the first supporters to march to a stadium, so why chastise them for this?

Yes, the fact that the FO is organizing this stuff for them is pretty lame, but if that works for Seattle, who really cares, right?

I'm most embarrassed by some of the stupid comments left on that article (I also embarrassed that I actually read an MLS Tumors article). Some TFC supporters are so frustratingly self-loving.

Granted, some of the responses were just as dumb, but why bother writing that shit in the first place?

How about we concentrate on becoming the best supporters that we can be, and let everyone else worry about themselves. If some fanbases feel the need to emulate us in some capacity, take it as a compliment, move on, and seek to improve ourselves even more so that they have to strive even higher to emulate us next time.

Since when do they have to be mutually exclusive?

Iam with Rudi on this.. If their FO helps oh well. I say what makes the league better for the supporter experience and take away the soccer mom experience iam all for it.

BuSaPuNk
03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
^completely agree bc! The more supporters and more passion that is put into the leauge is all better in the long run

H Bomb
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
this is the first step for some of the media whore RPBs out there...you guys will realize how easy it can be to arrange support

the day we become great supporters is the day we become face-less masses of support

...that's all

agree with everything in this post except the humour. most of the best chants are funny(imo)

Cashcleaner
03-12-2009, 08:31 PM

...that's all

I agree with much of what you're saying. Personally, I think the best songs we sing aren't the ones that have any sort of witty or complex lyrics, but rather the ones that are simple enough for everyone to learn and remember - supporter or not.

As for the OP, I really don't give a shit what the other groups are doing. I would never accuse the Sounder fans for ripping us off when for all we know they've been marching en mass to USL games long before TFC existed.

The idea of scarves as tickets in with the season ticket package...well that I will call out. But not marching. :D

Brooker
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM
" “March to the Match” participants must stay on the sidewalks when near public streets"

lol.

bignickel
03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
i love that the march will be '90 minutes before kickoff'.
if we did that there would be nobody at bmo when we get there, not to mention wait an hour until they open 30 minutes before matchtime like last year.

TorontoBlades
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
agree with everything in this post except the humour. most of the best chants are funny(imo)

yeah, maybe I should rephrase that. I love that our chants are really funny and definately have an effect on the other team when successful. I just wouls like to hear for of the two word chants, sung loud and united - sorry just have it in my head since the CL Liverpool/Real madrid game this week. Anfield was chanting something simple, can't recall, but it was loud and gave me goosebumps and you could see had an effect on a huge club like Madrid...and I feel like something like that would just be too simple for the approval of some of the RPB who are looking for differentiation and maybe a quote in the newspaper over the simple power of our mass and the passion in our masses