PDA

View Full Version : Has Ottawa moved up Council vote to April 6?

Vancouver MLS
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Has Ottawa City Council moved up the Vote on Melnyk's Stadium to April 6?

I believe it was April 22 when Council was to vote, but this is interesting as an announcement by MLS was slated to come down by the end of the month.

I don't see a big issue with waiting one more week..... furthermore Melnyk says that MLS is telling him stuff completely opposite from what the media is saying (?)

Mark in Ottawa
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Vote moved to April 6th.

Says who?
Reference please.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Sports/Kanata+Lansdowne+stadium+proposals+priority+counci l+decides/1377910/story.html
Ottawa Citizen March 11, 2009

The process will see each group submit detailed plans, including proposed financial arrangements, by Monday, city staff evaluations and recommendations released April 6, public delegations heard and a committee vote April 20, and final council decision on April 22.

James17930
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
forget ottawa for now. just go with vancouver and portland. two places where the fans actually want a team.

Billy the kid
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I think the Ottawa bid is very much in play but not for this round. Melnyk did not urge councillors to move up their decision, which makes me think he's looking at the next round of expansion.

Vancouver MLS
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
okay April 22, but remember that Portland won't have this financial deal fully signed and approved till September 1. The Yes vote was just to approve the "business plan".

And also remember that under the terms, the City can pull out at any time.

And there remains a hole of $ 15 million.

I look at the Portland vote as nebulous and unclear.

So if there's that much uncertainty about Portland until September 1, then hear Ottawa in late April.

Super Cereal
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Garber needs to quit dicking around with Ottawa. Melnyk has the money, and wants a team, he's being a total douchebag just playing him along when he clearly has Portland on his mind for the expansion spot.