PDA

View Full Version : Onward! on Twitter

Ben Knight
03-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular alerts for Onward! are now available to Twitter users.

Search for OnwardSoccer, and click "follow."

Onward! // Ben

ilikemusic
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Not having a go at you in particular but man twitter seems dumb.

Now call me old fashioned, but in my day, we called 'twitters', 'facebook status updates'. :p

It does seem really dumb though. I cant understand for the life of me why Twitter has caught on so much.

jabbronies
03-12-2009, 11:22 AM
It does seem really dumb though. I cant understand for the life of me why Twitter has caught on so much.

Because people don't care about every detail about your whole vaction. They only care that you've "Been there and are having a blast"

Ben Knight
03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I pretty much agree.

But Twitter does -- clearly -- is drive traffic to websites almost instantaneously.

Don Julio
03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I would never post to twitter, nor would I follow my friends, but I do enjoy the timely tidbits of info I get from the players, paul, now Ben and even MLS-rumours.

Pachuco
03-12-2009, 12:19 PM
God I can't stand the Twitter movement. Unfortuantely, curiosity is making me want to visit the damn site and see what it's all about. Seems like the facebook train has left and the Twitter one has arrived.

rocker
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
i think if you're going to do twitter it has to be interesting. I find Ricketts' twitter updates really really boring and useless. Dichio's at least give us some interesting info here and there. Beirne gives us some juicy hints here and there.

but that info could just be posted on a blog... so it's sorta duplicating the same idea, in a slightly different way.

deltox
03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
i use twitter to find out when there is a new article from Ben.

i do the same for most reporters.

ilikemusic
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I pretty much agree.

But Twitter does -- clearly -- is drive traffic to websites almost instantaneously.

That does make perfect sense.

i use twitter to find out when there is a new article from Ben.

i do the same for most reporters.

Argh! This thread might be selling me on twitter! :drinking:

roach105
03-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Came across this description on another discussion forum.

"Linked-in is living room where the wallflowers hang, Facebook is the kitchen where all the friends gather, and Twitter is the bar."

I use http://twitterfall.com/ to help me with searches for specific tweets that get posted. From there I can pick who to follow based on my interests.

H Bomb
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
what the hell is Linked-in?

roach105
03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
haha linkedin in is another social network site but it is mainly fallen into the professional realm. great place to keep contacts for future job needs!

http://www.linkedin.com/

JDG
03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Linkedin is for networking in business. Facebook is for social networking. Twitter is like a text message that isn't directed to anyone in particular, but rather anyone who wants to listen, kind of like a post it note message stuck where anyone can access it.

If you have no use for these things, nobody says that you must use them. If you're reading this, you use the internet & more specifically, forums, to socialize, and gather news. There are many people who could never be conviced to visit an on-line forum.

Different strokes for different folks. If you limit your media, you will miss things you may have enjoyed. Guaranteed.

wzhxvy
03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
The only problem for Linkedin is it can be used to gather info on who your contacts are in a professional environment which you might not want to disclose...I guess the same about facebook...

JDG
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM
The only problem for Linkedin is it can be used to gather info on who your contacts are in a professional environment which you might not want to disclose...I guess the same about facebook...

You can block people form seeing your contacts.

wzhxvy
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh ok...good to know !

Kevvv
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
At least on LinkedIn, no-one will post a picture of you after 7 hours at Oktoberfest

Redcoe15
03-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Everything you want to know about Twitter (which combines text messaging with blogging) can be summed up as follows:

http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/full-episodes/march-2-2009/#clip145162

;) :D

Jamaicanadian
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Not having a go at you in particular but man twitter seems dumb.

Now call me old fashioned, but in my day, we called 'twitters', 'facebook status updates'. :p

I have a friend on facebook that I thought was losing her mind. Early last year she just started updating her status every hour, with mostly stupid stuff LOL!

What I didn't know was she was on twitter and everytime she "twittered", for lack of a better term, this would automatically update her status on FB.

Good for you Ben!!!
I dont twitter....... yet........ but I do read Danny D's and Rohan R's updates from time to time.:o..Imma hafta add Ben to the list!