PDA

View Full Version : Racist crew fans making Columbus look good

jloome
05-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Racist crew fans yelled "up yours n_gger" at Khelly Dube after he scored the winner for New England on the weekend. There's a video link on Steve Goff's blog. Interesting to note one of the comments from a DC fan:

"Exactly, and now they're trying to emulate their "rivals". TFC fans should be flattered to have a whole group dedicated to riding their nuts.

Oh and VAMOS UNITED!"

One more reason to despise the crew, I guess.

MartinUtd
05-27-2008, 02:23 PM
You mean racist crew fan?

I saw the video you're talking about and it was just one drunk asshole that yelled n*gg*r once and yelled "red card" a bunch of times after he was flipped off by a player.

Deplorable yes, but hardly enough to condemn the entire group.

Wagner
05-27-2008, 02:24 PM
What a bunch of losers down there.
who uses racism or hate in their chants??
get a clue.
Maybe inbreeding is the cause.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/10/31/moore_wideweb__430x340.jpg

werewolf
05-27-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=956

Wagner
05-27-2008, 02:27 PM
can someone merge the two?

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 02:29 PM
For all the crap they threw on the field and the racial slur, they are now the scum of MLS for me.

They are now the scousers of the MLS.

Also, I hope the picture of Michael Moore is in this thread to show an equivalence between him and crew fans, because that fat ass is a pretty big loser himself.

Wagner
05-27-2008, 02:32 PM
No,
I just wanted a celebrity giving the "loser" sign.
I like Michael Moore.
He's hilarious, and a true patriot to stand up to the right wing in these times.

Mussolini: "Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power."

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 02:33 PM
if only this was an off-topic thread......

bimmer
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
What a bunch of losers down there.
who uses racism or hate in their chants??
get a clue.
Maybe inbreeding is the cause.Chant by Man U:

Park, Park,
Where ever you may be,
You eat dogs in your home country,
Could be worse, could be scouse,
Eating rats in a council house

But they sing this one for one of their own, so it's more playful than hateful.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-27-2008, 02:48 PM
GOD I FUCKING HATE cOLUMBUS (they dont deserve a capital c)
SHIT TEAM IN A SHIT CITY IN A SHIT STATE

RealG-TFC
05-27-2008, 02:54 PM
you're not singing, you're not singing, you're not singing anymore
'cause your team is absolute shite and your city even more!

Broadview
05-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Yikes...I just spent the better part of an hour reading Big Soccer posts regarding this crap.

Oddly enough, not a single thread in their section. Go figure.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 03:13 PM
****UPDATE ON THE CREW RACIST(S)*********

Hey guys,

I was looking at the guy who posted this youtube video, and he was on the boards defending himself saying it was the guy behind him who was shouting the racism. So I decided to look in his "favourite videos" on youtube and came across one called "up yours N****r"
So my conclusion from this is either there was more than one racist in the crowd, or the guy who posted the video (gman8908 on youtube) is the punk who yelled these things.

your thoughts?

Broadview
05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I just saw the same thing and was about to post it.

What a douche bag.

I hope to hell this dick isn't indicative of Crew supporters in general, though of any MLS fan base it seems the most likely place to happen. There wasn't anyone around the guy telling him to shut up or anything.

I love being a Canadian TFC fan, if anyone were to ever spout crap like that at BMO I'd bet dollars to donuts it would be dealt with in a hurry.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Also, on youtube, the kid (gman8908)'s name is david and he's 18 years old. I wonder if the leauge would step in and investigate if they thought they could figure out who this racist was?

Hooligan69
05-27-2008, 03:28 PM
The fact that such comments appeared to be tolerated concerns me more than anything else. I'm not surprised though, sadly.

Heathen
05-27-2008, 03:34 PM
come to think of it didn't see too many black faces in the Columbus crowd down there, now I see why

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Penalize the team.
Firm action is required asap to show that this kind of crap will not be tolerated.
Also if they can find out who it was exactly, ban them from attending an MLS game for life.

TFC Tifoso
05-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Penalize the team.
Firm action is required asap to show that this kind of crap will not be tolerated.
Also if they can find out who it was exactly, ban them from attending an MLS game for life.

What should they do? Make them play 1 game in an empty stadium? :smilielol5:

seriously though.....the dumb fuck(s) who were saying that shit should definitely be dealt with by the club, if possible.

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM

seriously though.....the dumb fuck(s) who were saying that shit should definitely be dealt with by the club, if possible.

I would say take ATLEAST 3 points away or make them forfeit a match or 2. Sucks for the team but I think that's harsh enough, for now.

Hopefully they'll find the idiot though.

ExiledRed
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Penalize the team.

For the verbal excretions of one person......penalise the team?

You have got to be kidding.

ExiledRed
05-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I would say take ATLEAST 3 points away or make them forfeit a match or 2. Sucks for the team but I think that's harsh enough, for now.

Mate, your knee is jerking all over the place.

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 03:43 PM
For the verbal excretions of one person......penalise the team?

You have got to be kidding.

Well it would let TFC move up slightly... :D

But I don't know... a fine? I'm out of ideas here.
Anyways ban the fool for life!

Broadview
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to figure out, it looks like the guy was right in the first row right by the corner flag and his name's "David".

Whatever supporters group that has those seastss has some sorting out to to, methinks.

Also note, the KKK has a surprisingly large following for such a northern state. Not as big as it used to be, but still...

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 03:45 PM
I never thought it was possible for anyone in columbus to be more of a wanker than Schellotto

Technorgasm
05-27-2008, 03:51 PM
They are now the scousers of the MLS.

I am sure that in the Forum rules that this post is against forum conduct guidlines

I take FULL offence to this post.

and in a "racist" thread. . . Pot and the kettle for certain.

in short. . eat a big thick Scouse Cock you Twat.

Billy the kid
05-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Apparently they threw all kinds of stuff at players that weren't streamers. Check out what ives is saying on his website. The streamers may come to an end.

TFC07
05-27-2008, 03:56 PM
I hate these posers even more now.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 03:59 PM
I am sure that in the Forum rules that this post is against forum conduct guidlines

Since I can back up that statement with evidence of poor liverpool supporter behaviour, that makes my statement valid. I also don't appreciate the personal attacks.

Lucky Strike
05-27-2008, 04:02 PM
It wouldn't be unusual for a team to have to play behind closed doors because of racism. In fact, this penalty was recently given to FC Metz although it was overturned on appeal. So no, that's not too harsh, even if it is only one fan spouting racist insults.

Hooligan69
05-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Since I can back up that statement with evidence of poor liverpool supporter behaviour, that makes my statement valid. I also don't appreciate the personal attacks.

Poor supporter behaviour? The same can be said about Chelsea, but this is a discussion about Columbus Crew.

Technorgasm
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Poor supporter behaviour? The same can be said about Chelsea, but this is a discussion about Columbus Crew.

Have TFC Fans ever been linked to poor behavior?

I bet we have. . but RACIST behavior? I feel bad for hardcore Crew supporters. . they dont need some FOP giving them a bad rep like this.

Isolated person. . and incident. Indicative of ALL crew fans?

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 04:11 PM

you know...just like when liverpool supporters hold up huge signs with pride @ anfield saying "yanks out".... not "our owner's out" but just "yanks out" Its behavior like that that made me draw the parallel's. Whether you agree with what i said or not, it certainly was not breaking any rules of any kind. You're simply blurring the line between defending your team/supporters and accusing someone of racism.

ParadymeTFC
05-27-2008, 04:11 PM

You sir get the stamp of 100% quality fucktard, go suck some Fat Lampard dick.

Hooligan69
05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Have TFC Fans ever been linked to poor behavior?

I bet we have. . but RACIST behavior? I feel bad for hardcore Crew supporters. . they dont need some FOP giving them a bad rep like this.

Isolated person. . and incident. Indicative of ALL crew fans?

Maybe not, but one is still too many.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 04:17 PM
You sir get the stamp of 100% quality fucktard, go suck some Fat Lampard dick.

grow up. enough with the personal attacks. I have to defend my position here because the other liverpool supporter drew misguided conclusions about what i had to say earlier

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Maybe not, but one is still too many.

here here

ParadymeTFC
05-27-2008, 04:20 PM
you know...just like when liverpool supporters hold up huge signs with pride @ anfield saying "yanks out".... not "our owner's out" but just "yanks out" Its behavior like that that made me draw the parallel's. Whether you agree with what i said or not, it certainly was not breaking any rules of any kind. You're simply blurring the line between defending your team/supporters and accusing someone of racism. I also drew the 'hooliganism' aspects of my comment from instances like hillsborough where 5000+ liverpool supporters broke into the FA Cup tie and it resulted in many deaths.

grow up. enough with the personal attacks. I have to defend my position here because the other liverpool supporter drew misguided conclusions about what i had to say earlier

You full of misguided conclusions u twat, there is no defending.

Broadview
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
You did stir the pot there Frankie...you should know that there's tons of Pool supporters on here and lumping them in with Columbus red necks would draw their ire.

ilikemusic
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Im certain that if anyone yelled that at BMO they wouldnt make it out of the stadium. They would be beaten to a pulp before they could finish what the word.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
You did stir the pot there Frankie...you should know that there's tons of Pool supporters on here and lumping them in with Columbus red necks would draw their ire.

I hear you, and to be fair it was intended to stir the pot a little. but if i didn't think it was going to cause one of them to accuse me of saying something racist....

Broadview
05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
It's the threrad we're in...very sensitive.

Bashing should be kept in those lovely International Fooball threads.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
It's the threrad we're in...very sensitive.

Bashing should be kept in those lovely International Fooball threads.

true. I'll know for next time

TFC07
05-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Im certain that if anyone yelled that at BMO they wouldnt make it out of the stadium. They would be beaten to a pulp before they could finish what the word.

QFT....

werewolf
05-27-2008, 04:56 PM
:topic:

Apparently they threw all kinds of stuff at players that weren't streamers. Check out what ives is saying on his website. The streamers may come to an end.

taking away the harmless item that gets tossed is only going to encourage bottles, drinks, batteries, coins and other such items to be tossed.

ExiledRed
05-27-2008, 05:02 PM

Dont be a dumb fucker.

Im a scouser, born and bred and your post basically labels me as a racist.

Coming from a Chelsea supporter that's hilarious, but never mind, the point is that we can all 'back up' stories about poor behaviour from certain fans, but we dont do it here.

end of.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 05:03 PM
:topic:

taking away the harmless item that gets tossed is only going to encourage bottles, drinks, batteries, coins and other such items to be tossed.

you think?

For especially the non season ticket holders and new fans to the game, I think allowing streamers can make it look acceptable to throw other objects onto the field. I think it is time to get rid of the streamers. I'll look back on them with some good memories, but they're carrying far too much baggage these days

ExiledRed
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
I also drew the 'hooliganism' aspects of my comment from instances like hillsborough where 5000+ liverpool supporters broke into the FA Cup tie and it resulted in many deaths.

This statement needs to be deleted from this forum NOW.

Your statement proves that you know NOTHING about what you speak.
I knew a lot of people at that match, three of whom whos funerals I attended.

Did you know anybody there, or are you going to quote sensationalist shite that was proven to be lies?

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
exiled red, read my pm

ilikemusic
05-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Frankie youve come across like a real dick in this thread.

RealG-TFC
05-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Frankie Hejduk in disguise!?!?!?!

j/k

Fucking hate that guy. you should've seen him acting like a little bitch when they got a penalty called against them.

Jeff s
05-27-2008, 06:27 PM

lmao its just to easy.

But seriously, pathetic comment to say.

Exactly, and now they're trying to emulate their "rivals". TFC fans should be flattered to have a whole group dedicated to riding their nuts.
Are you saying were racist?

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
What's a scouse?
Didn't grow up in an English family...

Steve-Tor
05-27-2008, 06:46 PM

Are you having a laugh?

Take three points away from a team because one guy shouted a word into a crowd?

FFS, give me peace.

Think before you post mate:)

nascarguy
05-27-2008, 07:18 PM
i say they sould do what they do in the uk play in close door game and fine team 50.000 to $100.000.

and if they can not pay then can not play

Detroit_TFC
05-27-2008, 07:24 PM
I was inclined to feel that a stern warning to the supporters grouplets in Columbus by the league and Crew FO would be sufficient since it was the act of an individual. However after reading some of the fucking shit on Big Soccer essentially saying that we opened the door to fan misbehavior, and other assorted "we're not to blame" bullshit, I'm pretty sure that they just don't get why that crosses the line. I want to see who ever thinks they are leaders of Crew supporters step up and get in front of this - denounce this behavior and explain that it won't be tolerated.

nascarguy
05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
stern warning to the supporters grouplets in Columbus by the league would be a joke for something like this.

it needs to be a fined and the team sould give a stern warning to the supporters

Heathen
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I was just about to post "Thank god Ex isn't around" but seriously lampard you've made some pretty inflammatory statements here bringing up Hillborough is not on at all.

Btw wasn't it Chelsea fans who were making anti-semitic chants against Grant earlier this season

TOBOR !
05-27-2008, 07:51 PM
can someone merge the two?

what he said.

superfrankielampard
05-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey Guys,

I've had a few hours to think about it now and I just wanted to apologize for a comment I made earlier in this thread. It was certainly not intended to be hateful or anything of that matter so I truly apologize if it came off that way. I've deleted the statement and will never bring up the subject again in such a manner.

tfc_4_ever
05-27-2008, 09:36 PM

QFT Techno

Where are the moderators...

ilikemusic
05-27-2008, 09:56 PM
I was inclined to feel that a stern warning to the supporters grouplets in Columbus by the league and Crew FO would be sufficient since it was the act of an individual. However after reading some of the fucking shit on Big Soccer essentially saying that we opened the door to fan misbehavior, and other assorted "we're not to blame" bullshit, I'm pretty sure that they just don't get why that crosses the line. I want to see who ever thinks they are leaders of Crew supporters step up and get in front of this - denounce this behavior and explain that it won't be tolerated.

stern warning to the supporters grouplets in Columbus by the league would be a joke for something like this.

it needs to be a fined and the team sould give a stern warning to the supporters

A warning to the 'leaders' of the Crew supporters groups would be completely meaningless. They are nothing like Toronto's groups. They dont have leadership. They have mods on a message board.

There is no accountability for their groups because they dont really exist.

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Are you having a laugh?

Take three points away from a team because one guy shouted a word into a crowd?

FFS, give me peace.

Think before you post mate:)

No I meant it.
You can't really make them play in an empty stadium since they don't fill it, let alone come close.
You can't have their FO their groups because they're not organized. (supporters that is)
So it leaves points, which leads back to #1, will anyone in Columbus care?

Either way, this needs to be dealt with asap.

And if this happened at BMO, person would be lucky to make it out alive. This type of sh*t has no place in football.

I really don't know what to do. A fine perhaps? But I don't have a solution, nor do I pretend to have 1.

Keystone FC
05-28-2008, 04:33 AM
This was on Yahoo Sports Soccer MLS page.

Crew investigating fan’s racial remark toward rival team

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—The Columbus Crew (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/col/;_ylt=AlPOYbHVgh_SSVRpJGN_eBOBvrYF) MLS soccer team is investigating a racial slur made by a fan toward New England Revolution (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/nwe/;_ylt=AoY6bAro5ECAitVYOqd4MyyBvrYF) players that was captured on camera and posted on the video-sharing Web site YouTube.
Forward Kheli Dube scored in the 89th minute of a 1-0 win Saturday night in Columbus. Video from a camera pointed at the field shows Dube, who is black, celebrating with teammates. An off-camera voice can be heard shouting and using a racial epithet while......
http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/news;_ylt=AjOFs76BU3jtrv3f6WW4baakvrYF?slug=ap-mls-crew-racialslur&prov=ap&type=lgns

pepher
05-28-2008, 05:19 AM

Completely and utterly out of line here. I don't care if you can back it up with a specific "scouse" incident(s). You have lumped all scouse together in your statement and have wholely offended a number of outstanding individuals. It's pretty clear that this is well out of line and should be retracted or simply deleted.

People should read what they type before posting. You do realize there are a lot of scouse TFC supporters, right?

cmonureds
05-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Generalizations about groups are always dangerous and usually inaccurate, unless the aims of that group are clearly stated (eg, Nazis, Girl Guides of America, Loyal Order of Waterbuffaloes). Superfrankielampard did apologize for his remarks a page or two back, I hope that all who call themselves TFC fans can agree that derogatory blanket comments about groups of other supporters are just plain ignorant and not to be tolerated. The BS thread on this issue notes that the Columbus Crew front office have stated they are working to identify the individual in question and then ban him for life from the park. Other Crew fans have distanced themselves from him, and the ones in that corner claimed not to hear his remarks. In the end, the moral of this story for me is that fans have to mind their neighbours at matches and have everyone across the league work together at their grounds to keep these idiots from ruining the game experience for everyone else.

SilverSamurai
05-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Generalizations about groups are always dangerous and usually inaccurate, unless the aims of that group are clearly stated (eg, Nazis, Girl Guides of America, Loyal Order of Waterbuffaloes). Superfrankielampard did apologize for his remarks a page or two back, I hope that all who call themselves TFC fans can agree that derogatory blanket comments about groups of other supporters are just plain ignorant and not to be tolerated. The BS thread on this issue notes that the Columbus Crew front office have stated they are working to identify the individual in question and then ban him for life from the park. Other Crew fans have distanced themselves from him, and the ones in that corner claimed not to hear his remarks. In the end, the moral of this story for me is that fans have to mind their neighbours at matches and have everyone across the league work together at their grounds to keep these idiots from ruining the game experience for everyone else.

Good then. Good to see the other supporters stepping up and not wanting to be with this ass clown. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before the ban the mofo.
And you're right, not good to paint all the supporters with the same brush. Besides can't forget that all TFC fans like to piss on churches. :rolleyes:

Group hug! :grouphug:

footyfan
05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I never thought it was possible for anyone in columbus to be more of a wanker than Schellotto

Schelotto, Argentine....Schmid....German....

Hmmm.....

I say dock 'em 3 pts :D

graeme117
05-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey Guys,

I've had a few hours to think about it now and I just wanted to apologize for a comment I made earlier in this thread. It was certainly not intended to be hateful or anything of that matter so I truly apologize if it came off that way. I've deleted the statement and will never bring up the subject again in such a manner.

Honestly i hope you get educated.

And if there is anyone else on this board who either has no notion of what the hillsborough disaster was, or has some of the same completely wrong and ignorant (and inflammatory) views on the death of 96 supporters, please consider visiting this site

http://www.hfdinfo.com/ (the slide show is quite informative)

Three of my close family were there, luckily they got out fine, but it was a matter of taking another tunnel, things could have been so different.

Please before you comment on events you know nothing about, please do some research, especially when it concerns the deaths of innocent people.

Thanks

pepher
05-28-2008, 12:55 PM
ignore my post... didn't see your apology entry. onwards and upwards everyone...there's nothing to see here...!!!

Phil
05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
QFT Techno

Where are the moderators...

Vacations and road trips.

Seems like things have ended well.

TFC Tifoso
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Hey all, in today's Toronto Sun sports page 8 "Soccer Notes", it says that Columbus Crew have been made aware of the video and are working with the supporters to find out the dick who did it. Here's the small article....

CAUGHT ON YOUTUBE
The Columbus Crew is working with its main supporters groups to identify a fan heard shouting a racial epithet at New England Revolution players captured on video and posted on YouTube.
Mike Blankley of the Crew Union fan club said members are examining video clips and photographs of the section near where Kheli Dube celebrated a goal on Saturday night. The video shows the celebration, and an off-camera fan is heard shouting the slur. Five of the New England players on the field at the time are black, including Dube. The Crew Union and another group, the Hudson Street Hooligans, met with team officials Tuesday. The Crew has said the fan's behaviour is unwelcome at Crew Stadium.

Cas87
05-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Everyone does realize that because of that drunken douche at the end of the Crew game, we will probably lose our ability to throw streamers at our games.

read the article: http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/432669

What we need to do is police ourselves so our streamer showers are in pure fun, and doesn't turn into Columbus part deux

werewolf
05-29-2008, 11:09 AM
damnit! I got Cathal Roll'ed....you really should warn us before giving that wanker any hits to his page.

Take away streamers, people will start throwing whatever is in the stands then.

Cas87
05-29-2008, 11:12 AM
damnit! I got Cathal Roll'ed....you really should warn us before giving that wanker any hits to his page.

Take away streamers, people will start throwing whatever is in the stands then.

I wasn't trying to give the guy praise, I was trying to show that we need to show himand MLS brass that we are not like the other "fans" who go to try and be british hooligans. TFC fans go to enjoy the game
(only turning to hooliganism if needed, lol :cool:)

Iguy
05-29-2008, 11:21 AM
that writer is a douchebag. He spends the whole article talking about streamer throwing and then lumps in racist fans from other cities. I guess he's saying that streamer throwing is practically the same thing as being a racist.
I'm pretty sure journalism 101 teaches you about the fallacy of a red herring, but i guess he skipped that class

MUFC_Niagara
05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok, superfrankielampard has apologized everyone relax....I love how the scouse turn into the moral police at everyone opportunity, their moral cause carried forward behind their leader....obviously the guy knows that hillsborough wasn't the best example....do you see me starting a thread about the scouse lady that started chanting munich songs behind chadders at the wigan game when United won? Honestly, if I through a hissy fit every time mentioned the munich disaster this board would be ruined. Everyone relax....in defence of the scouse...THEY DO NOT HAVE THE REPUTATION OF BEING RACIST....thieves on the other hand ;)

werewolf
05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
^ its not like that kind of thing is an oddity from that particular writer, actually its becoming quite expected.

MUFC_Niagara
05-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Honestly i hope you get educated.

And if there is anyone else on this board who either has no notion of what the hillsborough disaster was, or has some of the same completely wrong and ignorant (and inflammatory) views on the death of 96 supporters, please consider visiting this site

http://www.hfdinfo.com/ (the slide show is quite informative)

Three of my close family were there, luckily they got out fine, but it was a matter of taking another tunnel, things could have been so different.

Please before you comment on events you know nothing about, please do some research, especially when it concerns the deaths of innocent people.

Thanks

Graeme.....I agree wholeheartedly man!

United 3-0 Liverpool: ManUtdWeb Report
Posted by: Webmaster - Chris (http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/profile/s237.htm?372,11285) (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2008 23:00

Manchester United secured five consecutive wins over Liverpool for the first time in history with a crushing 3-0 win at Old Trafford. The game was marred by the behaviour of Scouse midfielder Javier Mascherano; who was dismissed for two bookable offences before trying to ‘attack’ referee Steve Bennett.

This was the 150th meeting between the two sides – and it was a feisty encounter with the headlines set to be dominated by Mascherano’s dismissal moments before the half-time whistle.

The midfielder was booked mid-way through the first-half for a rash challenge on Paul Scholes. He then decided to persistently ‘mouth off’ at the referee as United gradually wore down the Scousers.

Already 1-0 down, Fernando Torres was booked by Bennett on 44 minutes. Not content with winning a free-kick, the striker chipped away at the official for not handing Rio Ferdinand a yellow card and worked himself into the book.

Mascherano clearly wasn’t happy with the decision and charged 20-yards across the pitch, ignored attempts to be pulled away by Alonso, and continued to launch a verbal assault on the referee.

He was deservedly booked for a second time and Liverpool were down to 10-men. All hell broke loose – the Argentinean had to be restrained by his furious manager and captain as he aggressively tried to confront Bennett once again. He was eventually forced down the tunnel to a barrage of shaky hand gestures from a gleeful Stretford End.

That’s the ugly incident dealt with – now for the football.

This wasn’t United’s most impressive performance of the season but it proved more than enough to deal with Liverpool. Wes Brown was the game’s unlikely hero, breaking the deadlock on 34 minutes as he met a Wayne Rooney cross, out jumping the hapless Jose Reina to put the hosts in front.

There was a nervous twenty minutes after half-time where Liverpool started to boss possession. Edwin van der Sar had to make a series of good saves but United eventually weathered the storm and put the game beyond doubt on 79 minutes.

Cristiano Ronaldo won a corner after firing a deflected shot onto the woodwork; finding the target seconds later by heading home the resulting set-piece as Reina came flapping once again.

The Scousers were rattled and Nani finished the job only moments later. The diminutive winger latched onto a neat flick from Rooney and fired a thunderbolt effort home. Game, set and match.

A quick side note – it was bitterly disappointing to hear a number of the travelling fans singing anti-Munich songs throughout the match. After all the respects paid across the country for the 50th anniversary and City fans’ show of solidarity back in February, the chants were in shameful taste.

On the pitch though it’s all good. Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Arsenal means it is starting to look like a two-horse race. The Blues are five points behind United but entertain Fergie’s men at Stamford Bridge in a few weeks time.

Full Time – Manchester United 3-0 Liverpool
Attendance – 67,000

werewolf
05-29-2008, 11:28 AM
:topic::topic::topic::topic::topic::topic:

MUFC_Niagara
05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
bottom line is we don't need that in the game here....not too worried that it will infiltrate though...seems like one idiot

Nodoubtguy
05-29-2008, 12:21 PM
MLS rumors has put up a second video of the incident, now with extra racism!!! Someone yells "white power" right before you hear the focus of video #1

check it out here (http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/05/video-2nd-racist-columbus-crew-video.html)

werewolf
05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
what a bunch of morons, they are really in trouble now.

deltox
05-29-2008, 12:32 PM
i didnt hear any racist stuff in the second video.... but its passionate

Parkdale
05-29-2008, 12:35 PM
racism has no place in the modern world, certainly not something as trivial* as sports.

*trivial when compared to wars, floods, famines, genocides etc etc etc

BBBulldog
05-29-2008, 12:39 PM
MLS rumors has put up a second video of the incident, now with extra racism!!! Someone yells "white power" right before you hear the focus of video #1

check it out here (http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/05/video-2nd-racist-columbus-crew-video.html)

you can also plainly hear someone yell "MLS rumors sucks a donkey cock" at 00:27

deltox
05-29-2008, 12:51 PM
and a littrle further down on the mls rumors page theres an in depth look at the crew fans and some stuff about racism.

basically it stated that the crazy crew fans only really got pumped up cause of us TFC fans embarassing them on the first game.

good times

ilikemusic
05-29-2008, 12:54 PM
and a littrle further down on the mls rumors page theres an in depth look at the crew fans and some stuff about racism.

basically it stated that the crazy crew fans only really got pumped up cause of us TFC fans embarassing them on the first game.

good times

As usual.

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/01/blamecanada2.jpg

Crew fans are fucking joke. They want to be taken seriously but are afraid to step up as a collective to get anything done. Just look at some of Bill Archer's recent BS posts (fuck I shouldnt be mentioning that cunt!). He seems pretty sure that this is a big conspiracy for Toronto and DC fans to make Columbus look bad.

Nodoubtguy
05-29-2008, 01:00 PM
As usual.

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/01/blamecanada2.jpg

I saw we react fast.....black t-shirts with red writing "BLAME CANADA?" and then terrance and phillip farting on the back!!

Hooligan69
05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Crew fans are fucking joke. They want to be taken seriously but are afraid to step up as a collective to get anything done. Just look at some of Bill Archer's recent BS posts (fuck I shouldnt be mentioning that cunt!). He seems pretty sure that this is a big conspiracy for Toronto and DC fans to make Columbus look bad.

Crew fans don't need anyone else's help to make themselves look bad. Yeah, DC and TFC supporters are uniting to make a laughing stock look bad for whatever reason. Make sense to me. :rolleyes:

Lucky Strike
05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I watched the clip and you can definitely hear the guy yell: "you f***ing n*gger". As for "white power", I can for sure hear someone saying the word "white" but not "power". It's not unreasonable to assume it follows given the context, but I can't hear it. Does anyone? Either way, shocking stuff.

Nodoubtguy
05-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm at work so I really can't blast it to hear it, but it sounded like "white power" to me. if anyone is interested MLSrumors has an interesting read about Columbus reaction to them posting the vids.

Lucky Strike
05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
I've also just watched the first video which can be found here: http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/05/video-racism-and-hooliganism-at.html

The person who yells: "f*ck you, f*ck you, you piece of shit, you're a f*cking n*gger" is really close and sounds like the cameraman (although I don't know for sure). As for claims of "Sieg Heil", there is a second person who is yelling who is a bit quieter (only because it sounds like he's further from the camera). It sounds like "Sieg Heil" but I can't be sure because the first guy is still yelling over top of him. Pretty sad but not entirely surprised, really. Personally, I've noticed that on Big Soccer, in their pre-during-post game thread(s) when playing TFC, it often seems to turn into "Canada and Canadians suck" or something else negative. Other fans may dislike/criticize as well when we play them, but they keep it focused on TFC itself.

As for the penalty, based on what I've heard and seen, should be a match behind closed doors, and a deduction of 1-3 points.

Broadview
05-29-2008, 02:06 PM
It could have been "wanker" with a mid-western accent.

N-Bombs are undeniable though.

The "sig heil" accusations from the 1st video was the same guy who yelled "You're a N*****" and he was yelling "Red Card".

That's MLSRumors for you.

If there's a video or a link to a reputable news agency (which she claims but does not post) feel free to check it out.

But for the love of God do not believe a single word of mere copy written there. It's an attention whore of a website. You'd be much better off believing any random posts from Big Soccer than you would by attempting to gain insight from that drivel.

ilikemusic
05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
I've noticed that on Big Soccer, in their pre-during-post game thread(s) when playing TFC, it often seems to turn into "Canada and Canadians suck" or something else negative. Other fans may dislike/criticize as well when we play them, but they keep it focused on TFC itself.

Ive noticed this 100%.

I dont know what their deal is (aside from an inferiority complex) but they are the only fanbase that seems incapable of keeping their discussion civil (or at least relevant). DC, NY, KC, Chicago, and so on and so on. I never hear the kind of moronic crap from their fans that we hear from KKKrew fans.

graeme117
05-29-2008, 06:54 PM
A quick side note – it was bitterly disappointing to hear a number of the travelling fans singing anti-Munich songs throughout the match. After all the respects paid across the country for the 50th anniversary and City fans’ show of solidarity back in February, the chants were in shameful taste.

---------------

Ok, superfrankielampard has apologized everyone relax....I love how the scouse turn into the moral police at everyone opportunity, their moral cause carried forward behind their leader....obviously the guy knows that hillsborough wasn't the best example....do you see me starting a thread about the scouse lady that started chanting munich songs behind chadders at the wigan game when United won? Honestly, if I through a hissy fit every time mentioned the munich disaster this board would be ruined. Everyone relax....in defence of the scouse...THEY DO NOT HAVE THE REPUTATION OF BEING RACIST....thieves on the other hand

Dude i agree... although i don't know why your pointing this at me quoting what i've said about hillsborough, cause you'll never hear me say anything derogatory about the munich disaster, nor was anything said about it in this thread.

'Not the best example' is a huge understatement. And in the same light i remember a few threads - one current, a few on the old board - where united supporters on this board mounted their 'soapboxes' when posters use 'man u?' So why wouldn't i when i read something like that about hillsborough? When someone is clearly misguided and spouting offensive things about an issue where the wounds are still open (and they are clearly completely unaware of the issue), don't we do them a disservice if we don't comment?

Also i don't see how posting a link to another site that has educational material constitutes a hissy fit. Clearly frankie has apologized but i still hope that he realizes why liverpool supporters would take such offense.

In response to your article I'll be the first to say that pulling stuff like singing hillsborough songs, or munich songs has no place. People make stupid decisions and say stupid things, and IMO those are the people that need to be steered to material that will show them otherwise...

that said... i still hate your team :lol:

Oldtimer
06-05-2008, 08:23 AM
"The Don" now says that if the culprit is identified, he will be banned for life:

"MLS and the Columbus Crew are working diligently with all relevant authorities, including Club Supporters Groups, to identify the spectator involved. In the event the perpetrator is identified, he will be banned for life from Crew stadium and all other MLS stadiums and events. MLS takes enormous pride in our commitment to racial and ethnic diversity and inclusiveness - in our stadiums, on our fields, and in our administrative, coaching and ownership ranks. We categorically will not tolerate this language in any context or setting and are working with all of our clubs and stadiums to ensure that this isolated incident is not repeated."

There are not that many Columbus supporters, surely someone know who it is.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

ExiledRed
06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Tim

Will you ever get a fucking clue?

Will you stop fanning the flames and bringing up the fact that you've heard a Munich song, at a game completely unrelated to TFC, and think that justifies the endless shite that gets directed at Liverpudlians, even concerning the brutal death of 96 innocent people.

There are people on this board who knew people who died at Hillsborough. These people have never sung a Munich song in their life, and neither have I.

I doubt though, that you yourself were ever really affected by Munich, which happened over thirty years before Hillsborough. I think if you had been affected by Munich, you would keep your fucking mouth shut and allow us to respond to ignorant posts.

I know adults today who have grown up without fathers, others who have outlived all of their children because of the tragedy, I still remember the event, my sister was there and my mother nearly died of a nervous breakdown trying to find out if she was safe (she was)
A schoolmate, his brother and an old friend from Wallasey died there too.
The community is still deeply affected by the tragedy and will be for a long time.

Now you think it's not so serious to go bringing this up to fellow TFC supporters who were affected by the tragedy, because at a match in Wigan, some people (not TFC supporters) allegedly sang a Munich song. Your logic is fucked, mate.

Also this comment makes no sense:

"if I through ( threw?) a hissy fit every time (???) mentioned the munich disaster this board would be ruined"

Tell me which Liverpool supporters bring up Munich on this board? I've never seen it, and Ive been posting on this board a lot longer than you have. I've seen countless references to Heysel, Hillsborough, Michael Shields and a thousand stereotypical posts referring to the social conditions of Liverpool (something else you know fuckall about) but you can justify all this by imagining that there are 'scousers' out there constantly bringing up a fifty year old plane crash.

Chadders should be kept out of this btw, here's Chadder's comment:

"They used to sing Munich but not anymore.
Since 96 scousers lay dead on the floor"

Responding to that was my first ever post on these boards.

And do stop referring to me as 'their leader', nobody 'follows' me, they all follow 'Liverpool' Im just one of the more vocal.

And you should call me a THIEF to my face, you dumb wanker.

ExiledRed
06-05-2008, 09:20 AM
can this thread be ended please mods?

Phil
06-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I will get it locked.

Jack
06-05-2008, 09:37 AM
All of this talk about Munich and Hillsborough and Liverpool and Manchester United have exactly NOTHING to do with this thread.

superfrankielampard, in the future, think before posting a comment like that.