PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Marc Petitpas aka BMO Field aka "Suit there it is"

Jack
03-10-2009, 09:05 AM
On behalf of the Red Patch Boys, I would like to extend my sincere thanks and well wishes to Marc Petitpas (aka BMO Field aka "suit there it is").

Marc has just informed us that he will be leaving MLSE to pursue a great career opportunity.

Marc has been a huge reason that we've been successful as he has always been comprehending and worked with us from day one to bring the atmosphere in the stands and allow us the freedom to express ourselves and we very much appreciate that.

Always classy and always willing to listen, Marc will be missed in our communications with the stadium, though he has certainly left behind a capable team who will continue to handle our needs.

Now I look forward to hoisting a pint with Marc in the south stand and supporting TFC together (with no suit this time!)

Here's the letter from Marc to us:

Guys,
I have accepted a new job opportunity.
My last day with MLSE and BMO Field will be our home opener on April 4th. (So if you see me crying cut me some slack…J)

I just wanted to take an opportunity to thank you, and all of the supporters, for making BMO Field the highlight of my professional career.

I hope you all feel like I gave you everything I had because you deserved nothing but that. What you have accomplished with Soccer in this city, and country, blows me away every time I think about it. Please pass on my sincere thank you to all of your groups and let them know I will miss them all dearly (even those who wanted to inflict personal pain on me…ha ha). I can leave with my head high knowing how my team contributed to what you guys all bring on game day. I truly gave it my all.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it. I can’t wait to join you in the stands in the future and look forward to many Carlsberg’s together and watching us win the MLS cup at BMO Field in the near future.

As the first employee of BMO Field when there was nothing but concrete around, it has been a gut-wrenching decision walking away from this, but I am a divorced Dad of two beautiful children, and they are my focus and this opportunity is the right move for them and for me professionally from a growth perspective. I will miss you all, the incredible staff I call my friends, and my home of BMO Field.

Take care and Thanks...

Cheers

-Marc

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Great news for him!

Hopefully not bad news for us. Marc understood the fans. He was a fan himself. This is a loss for MLSE and for TFC fans.

But I am happy for him. Marc is a great guy. Wherever he goes, he will be successful. I wish him the best.

Jack
03-10-2009, 09:09 AM
The good thing is, Vince is there to help make the transition fairly seamless.

kelzag
03-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Congrats to Marc. Wishing him all the best.

Jack
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Kel...shouldn't you be drunk by now?

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 09:11 AM
If I was on vacation, I wouldn't be up at 10! :eek:

You'd be lucky to see me up before noon.

FluSH
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Farewell Marc... and Best Wishes!

kelzag
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Kel...shouldn't you be drunk by now?

I am. Who's this Marc guy? ;)

Wagner
03-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Good luck in your future endeavours.
You were always cool and professional and understanding when it came to the supporters.
"Suit there it is!"

Flipityflu
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM
best of luck Marc.

Carts
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Congrats and best of luck Marc...

You'll definitely be missed on game days at BMO...

That being said, I think its time you came to BMO & 112 as a fan for at least one game this season...

Don't be a stranger...
Carts...

DOMIN8R
03-10-2009, 09:28 AM
All the best Marc. Thank you for being the voice of reason in an ocean of insanity over the last 2 years on game day.

Gobi
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
All the best, Marc.
You will be missed.
Hope to see you in your civvies on matchdays with us.

Eastend
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM
All the best Marc. I did see him in one of the bank towers last week.....

hmmmmmm, I guess it'll still be "Suit there it is!"

Dave67
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Congrats Marc. You were very helpful in dealing with the 110 banner. It was appreciated!

Jack
03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Marc has given me permission to post this for us:

Guys,
I have accepted a new job opportunity.
My last day with MLSE and BMO Field will be our home opener on April 4th. (So if you see me crying cut me some slack…J)

I just wanted to take an opportunity to thank you, and all of the supporters, for making BMO Field the highlight of my professional career.

I hope you all feel like I gave you everything I had because you deserved nothing but that. What you have accomplished with Soccer in this city, and country, blows me away every time I think about it. Please pass on my sincere thank you to all of your groups and let them know I will miss them all dearly (even those who wanted to inflict personal pain on me…ha ha). I can leave with my head high knowing how my team contributed to what you guys all bring on game day. I truly gave it my all.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it. I can’t wait to join you in the stands in the future and look forward to many Carlsberg’s together and watching us win the MLS cup at BMO Field in the near future.

As the first employee of BMO Field when there was nothing but concrete around, it has been a gut-wrenching decision walking away from this, but I am a divorced Dad of two beautiful children, and they are my focus and this opportunity is the right move for them and for me professionally from a growth perspective. I will miss you all, the incredible staff I call my friends, and my home of BMO Field.

Take care and Thanks...

Cheers

-Marc

adamdz
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Marc. If you make it down to 112, no suit, not even a red one ok (well maybe a red one would be awesome).

denime
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
All the best, Marc.

JDG
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Marc is an outstanding individual who has never failed to show the utmost respect for what we do for TFC.
There were a couple of occasions over the last two years where I needed his assistance, and each time I contacted him his responses were immediate, and went beyond my expectations.
Pure Class.

Good Luck Marc, you will be missed at BMO.

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
The man is class.

stugautz
03-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Marc can you recommend a replacement to your old boss? Because I'll apply!

Congrats on the new job!

yellowfellow
03-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Banner for Marc?

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 11:58 AM
"Suit there he goes"?

TFC_Toon
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
All the best Marc and thank you.

koryo
03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Congratulations Marc and well done.

rowan
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
congratulations, all the best Marc.

sully
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Thank you for all the hard work, and most of all for being a great listener.
All the best.

JonO
03-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Congrats... I guess I won't see you at the raptors game either then... unless you're in the stands.

GlenM
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
He's a stand up guy, awesome good news...

Mahn, we'll miss saying "Suit there it is", we should invite him to join us after the opener or anytime at Joes and buy this man a beer.

GlenM

Super
03-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Many thanks to you Marc for everything you have done for the club. It's well appreciated, and won't be forgotten.

Carter
03-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Congrats Marc, and we will see you in the south stands!

elmo
03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Just talked to you, but I thought I would post on here as well.
Congrats and you will definitely be missed. Can't wait to hit you with one last streamer!!

MUFC_Niagara
03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks for everything Marc!

Stock

akoto
03-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Marc! You did a great job. Good luck to you in your new career.

woolly
03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Congratulations on the new job, Marc. Hope we will still see you in the stands and on these boards.

Parkdale
03-10-2009, 04:23 PM
all the best Marc.

When people look back at the founding and history of TFC, you're name will be right there. Your contribution to this thing was huge, and will never be forgotten.

Mike 'Parkdale'

ps. you were late with my last check ;)

mlsintoronto
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
The guy's a chump. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Jerk.

Workie
03-10-2009, 05:05 PM

Jerk.

You just wished you looked as good in a Suit. :D

Had a blast Mark thanks for your hard work and best of luck!

Flipityflu
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Jerk.

oh, let me guess, he stole your highlighter or paperclips or something.

:)

mlsintoronto
03-10-2009, 05:21 PM
um...... :p

Mark in Ottawa
03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Marc... we have never met but I just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work on behalf of the RPB, BMO field and TFC.

It is because of the input of talented individuals like you that the whole enterprise has become the success that it is.

I take it from your messages that you will be staying in the Toronto region so maybe we will get to meet some game day at BMO. I look forward to it.

Good luck in your new endeavour.

Whoop
03-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Marc!

the-lower-eastsider
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
All the best Marc. Thank you for being the voice of reason in an ocean of insanity over the last 2 years on game day.
as usual, hal summed it up really well. but i wanna say this. and ive been drinkin since 3pm. slowly, that is. lol.
marc is the real deal. he's differrent from all the usual suits and ties typical to MLSE. and thats what set him apart. fake suits and ties are a dime a dozen. and mlse has lots of that. but marc wasnt one of them. his effort with us was way above and beyond the call of duty. always was. i had the pleasure of meeting his brother and parents at shoeless joes after a match and was blown away. his family was top notch. very generous and venerable.
marc deserved better. he road tripped w us and gave his all. when i asked for help with parking for rpb's in season 1 on a rd trip to columbus. HE CAME THRU. when he didnt have to. he drank with us, he put up with us, he fought for us and he road tripped with us. and for that i tip my hat. and i wish him well. especially because he's lookin out for his family and who can argue with that.
lumpy

RicoSuave44
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Good luck Marc

Cashcleaner
03-11-2009, 01:08 AM
"Suit there he goes"?

Yes! I like it and it would be a great show of respect. I've always been a fan of Marc. I know he's had to take a lot of flak here and elsewhere for his position as the BMO Field boss- frankly, most of it unwarranted, but the guy showed great class and enthusiasm on gameday.

Jeffro
03-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Cheers :drinking:

Bloor West FC
03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
The good thing is, Vince is there to help make the transition fairly seamless.

VINCE IS AN AWESOME PERSON AS WELL!! HE IS THE NEW SUITE THERE IT IS!!

As long as Marc is in the stands he will still be in control. Everybody run to Marc when in trouble :)!!!

LOL Have a great time as V.P you did an excellent job!!!!!

Cheers!

Jack
03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
And let's not forget the new guy, Mike Burns, who should also make things work well this year with the new security.

Arnie Knows
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I wish SUIT all the best .. He is a nice guy , u can tell ..

Flipityflu
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
i'd also like to thank God, the academy, and to all you fans out there who made it possible.

Rocco
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
best of luck with the future. It was a pleasure to meet you Marc, and I really wish you all the best. Now you will fully enjoy the game from begening to end, as a supporter :D

smeghead
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
THanks for your hard work, and all the best in the future. You helped make TFC the envy of the MLS.

BMO Field
03-14-2009, 12:28 PM
This thread and the positive feedback mean so much to me and I thank you all. You have made me a better leader and a better person and I thank you all for that. I will see you one last time ..from the pitch anyway...on April 4th...Cheers and Thanks
-Marc

nascarguy
03-14-2009, 01:03 PM
This thread and the positive feedback mean so much to me and I thank you all. You have made me a better leader and a better person and I thank you all for that. I will see you one last time ..from the pitch anyway...on April 4th...Cheers and Thanks
-Marc

Suit there it is:drinking: