PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage

Inswingingwingman
03-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I've been beyond upset at the Raptors TSN2 Rogers debacle. Can someone please tell me 100% that no games are scheduled for the TSN2 channel which Rogers customers don't get?

And is a TV schedule posted here somewhere? I'm hoping to mark my calendar up properly so I can tell people to foff if it conflicts............

deltox
03-10-2009, 08:38 AM
all i know is that there will not be games on BOLD.

there will be games on GOL TV.

and i highly doubt there woulbe games on TSN and TSN2

Yohan
03-10-2009, 08:46 AM
ok. why no full tv schedule yet?

drewski
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't think TSN has a broadcast contract so they won't be broadcasting on TSN2 or TSN for that matter

BFin
03-10-2009, 09:06 AM
There will be 10 games on GolTV based on discussions I have heard.
No CBC Bold
Seing as how TSN and CTV Globemedia have zero TFC games, I highly doubt TSN2 would be securing any rights.

Don Julio
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
My guess: The TV schedule will be announced in the very near future in sync with a GolTV relaunch media event. No games will ever be on TSN or TSN2. With the low ratings, and the negligible amount of money attached to the rights, it makes more sense for MLSE to make money from getting core fans to subscribe to their station, which will increase viewership accross all GolTV shows, as well as generate subscription revenue.

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I've been beyond upset at the Raptors TSN2 Rogers debacle. Can someone please tell me 100% that no games are scheduled for the TSN2 channel which Rogers customers don't get?

And is a TV schedule posted here somewhere? I'm hoping to mark my calendar up properly so I can tell people to foff if it conflicts............

You mean TFC games on TSN?

TSN has not ever carried TFC games.

However, according to Paul, this year we will likely not see any games on CBC Bold and instead, we will see some on GolTV.

nascarguy
03-10-2009, 09:18 AM
mls TV Station
Direct Kick
ESPN Deportes
Fox Soccer Channel usa only
Fox Sports en Espanol
Rogers Sportsnet (National)
Rogers Sportsnet (Ontario)
Rogers Sportsnet (East)
Rogers Sportsnet (West)
Rogers Sportsnet (Pacific)

MKR
03-10-2009, 09:55 AM
If there will indeed be 10 games on golTv, then this is a real slap in the face for Toronto FC fans.

I Live in toronto and i pay for regular/high end cable (not the digital box BTW). In no way should i have to pay extra for some specialty digital channel just to watch a game of my local team. It's bullshit. It's not like i expect to watch every Red Bulls game or Crew game. No... I just want to watch all the TFC matches thanks.

I'm a huge raptor fan and i have found this year quite sickening to tell you the truth. My rabid interest has definately waned (now part of that is due to the fact that the team sucks, but not beign able to watch a ton of games has contributed)

If MLSE does this ( the golTV thing), then i will seriously question my allegiancies to this team.... the more i think about it, the more i see that MLSE really doesn't give two shits about the common fan.

nascarguy
03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
you will need a digital box soon or you will not be watch any tv

and you question your allegiancies to this team over this bullshit I say get lost now ...... it's pretimer like you that this team does not need ...

drewski
03-10-2009, 10:27 AM
If there will indeed be 10 games on golTv, then this is a real slap in the face for Toronto FC fans.

I Live in toronto and i pay for regular/high end cable (not the digital box BTW). In no way should i have to pay extra for some specialty digital channel just to watch a game of my local team. It's bullshit. It's not like i expect to watch every Red Bulls game or Crew game. No... I just want to watch all the TFC matches thanks.

I'm a huge raptor fan and i have found this year quite sickening to tell you the truth. My rabid interest has definately waned (now part of that is due to the fact that the team sucks, but not beign able to watch a ton of games has contributed)

If MLSE does this ( the golTV thing), then i will seriously question my allegiancies to this team.... the more i think about it, the more i see that MLSE really doesn't give two shits about the common fan.

is it any different then games being shown on CBC Bold last year?

CBC and Rogers broadcasting contracts only cover a certain number of games per year, so even if the remaining games weren't on GolTV, you wouldn't see them anyway. The other option, increasing coverage on CBC or RSN would cost you too, just indirectly, either via increased TV rates for the package you do have, or for the CBC, a larger portion of your taxes going to CBC

djking2
03-10-2009, 10:37 AM
I Live in toronto and i pay for regular/high end cable (not the digital box BTW). In no way should i have to pay extra for some specialty digital channel just to watch a game of my local team.

The difference between your analog cable and digital is a 2 or 3 bucks. Welcome to the 21st century. The remark about MLSE's attitude toward the common fan just doesn't deserve comment in light of this weeks effort in producing Charleston streams.

you will need a digital box soon or you will not be watch any tv

Not quite accurate really.

scooter
03-10-2009, 11:09 AM
i know its off season and everybody needs a bitch
but
our tv coverage this year will be the best its ever been so pony up and buy goltv because the more people watching the more coverage we will get
yes you have to pay extra for specialty channels because the footy community is not big enough yet
free tv = advertising $$$--------small market means little or no coverage like our first two years
so be positive and encourage more fans to watch the games that we have--- i even thought of calling everyone i know (3 people) and asking them to tune in for games even if not home
and if you would change allegiance to this team then you are not a fan imo but i think you are just blowing off steam so take it ease

BFin
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
That and every bar and their mother in the city has GolTV.
On top of that fact, you're getting more games this year. I would say it's worth a subscription to GolTV to see more games.
Also, it may not be a paid subscription forever, but that's on the backburner at this point.

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-10-2009, 11:20 AM

Gol tv would be great for TFC games and other mls games...support the team first..!! Gol tv does not cost that much...give up bold and a few orther channels you dont really care for then add gol..its a good network

nascarguy
03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
analog cable will be gone by this summer and will be digital cable only

Don Julio
03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
How a footy fan could complain about having to buy a channel that shows 24 hour football, including Sky Sports News, for a few bucks a month is beyond me. The only thing that upsets me is the lack of an HD commitment, but maybe they'll show up on the LeafsTV HD channel that only operates during games (500 on Rogers)

Don Julio
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
analog cable will be gone by this summer and will be digital cable only

I don't think taht's correct. Analog BROADCAST (i.e. not cable) will be eliminated and if you use an antenna then you will need a box, but I haven;t heard anything about getting rid of analog cable. If they did get rid of it it would be on a per-provider basis, not across the board.

nascarguy
03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't think taht's correct. Analog BROADCAST (i.e. not cable) will be eliminated and if you use an antenna then you will need a box, but I haven;t heard anything about getting rid of analog cable. If they did get rid of it it would be on a per-provider basis, not across the board.it's been done in the u.s all ready and will be done here by the summer

drewski
03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
here's the info about the analog to digital transition

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02336.html

first off, the summer date is the US deadline. our deadline isn't till aug 2011

drewski
03-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't think taht's correct. Analog BROADCAST (i.e. not cable) will be eliminated and if you use an antenna then you will need a box, but I haven;t heard anything about getting rid of analog cable. If they did get rid of it it would be on a per-provider basis, not across the board.

he's right...kinda.

some cable companies, ie rogers, no longer sell analog cable packages

http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2722/206/

drewski
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
it's been done in the u.s all ready and will be done here by the summer

some stations have but the final date for conversion was pushed back till june 12

torontocelt
03-10-2009, 11:49 AM
some stations have but the final date for conversion was pushed back till june 12

Does anyone know how much Gol TV costs on Rogers? I am sure the Spanish footie is also broadcast on Gol which means that you should get some class games including Real Madrid v Barcelona. I still remember the 3 -3 draw from afew years back, that was an awesome game.

Boris
03-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know how much Gol TV costs on Rogers? I am sure the Spanish footie is also broadcast on Gol which means that you should get some class games including Real Madrid v Barcelona. I still remember the 3 -3 draw from afew years back, that was an awesome game.

$2 i believe

Don Julio
03-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Again, the dates you're mentioning only apply to over-the-airwaves broadcasting and have nothing to do with cable!

jrey
03-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah... I'll be getting GolTV pretty much as soon as the season starts and I'm back in Toronto permanently.

Oh no! You mean I have to pay an extra $2.79 a month to get LIVE TFC GAMES (Keep in mind some were tape last season) and 24-7 footy? SHIT! I DON'T LIKE TFC ANYMORE. WHO WANTS MY SOUTH END SEASONS?

Ridiculous.

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I am not all that sympathetic for those of you complaining about getting GolTV.

First of all, most footy lovers with cable or satellite already have it. I would assume MLSE took this into account.

Second...do you really think MLSE is looking to make it harder to watch TFC games? They know they are building a brand here. The only reason that these games won't be on public television is because CBC has chosen not to show them live on CBC. So really, your complaint would be with the CBC or Sportsnet, not MLSE. Because if either of those two would want to show those games, I sure MLSE would look at showing them to the broadest audience possible. Paul made it sound like the games that are being shown on GolTV will likely be the ones that CBC was not going to show live. For me, this is a good decision. And if you don't have GolTV, shell out the $2 or go over to a buddy's place or Shoeless.

drewski
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM

La Liga, Bundesliga and a bunch of South American leagues are shown

its $10 for the Sports Theme pack with Fox Sports World, Leafs & Raptors TV, ESPN Classic, CBS College Sports and a few others

otherwise, depending on how many specialty channels you want/have, GolTV could cost from $2.79/mo (1 channel) down to ~$0.93/mo (30 channels)

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowseThemePacksFlowBegin?forwardTo=themePack&group=1

torontocelt
03-10-2009, 12:03 PM
La Liga, Bundesliga and a bunch of South American leagues are shown

its $10 for the Sports Theme pack with Fox Sports World, Leafs & Raptors TV, ESPN Classic, CBS College Sports and a few others

otherwise, depending on how many specialty channels you want/have, GolTV could cost from $2.79/mo (1 channel) down to ~$0.93/mo (30 channels)

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowseThemePacksFlowBegin?forwardTo=themePack&group=1

Nice one, $3 or so is reasonable that's for sure. I would quite happliy pay that, don't know if the girl friend would appreciate it as well as setanta though...

jwfm1985
03-10-2009, 12:04 PM

That is such horseshit. Goodbye, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out

gmacpheetfc
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM

grow a pair if anything it will benefit 2 bucks a month come on and they'll have extensive coverage throughout the season

drewski
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice one, $3 or so is reasonable that's for sure. I would quite happliy pay that, don't know if the girl friend would appreciate it as well as setanta though...

this damn setanta free preview is killing me. i hate to give in to their marketing but i'm alreayd getting hooked and am trying to find ways to convicne myself to spend the money. like if i cancel it for the 2.5 month summer but spread the cost over the entire year, it'll average out to under $12/mo :lol:

zamperina
03-10-2009, 12:16 PM
To cut cost just order GolTV for the TFC season. Let's do the math.

TFC Season = 7 months
GolTV subscription = $2.79 per month.

2.79 X 7= 19.53 X 13% = $22.06

jrey
03-10-2009, 12:21 PM
To cut cost just order GolTV for the TFC season. Let's do the math.

TFC Season = 7 months
GolTV subscription = $2.79 per month.

2.79 X 7= 19.53 X 13% = $22.06

Or let's just spend less than $40 a year for some high quality football.

Steve
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
How a footy fan could complain about having to buy a channel that shows 24 hour football, including Sky Sports News, for a few bucks a month is beyond me. The only thing that upsets me is the lack of an HD commitment, but maybe they'll show up on the LeafsTV HD channel that only operates during games (500 on Rogers)

The problem is less with the "footy fan" than it is with the "non-footy fan". Yes, I get it, any hardcore supporter of TFC should have no problem with getting this channel. My question is, what about the non-hardcore supporters? For example I know my parents started getting into TFC last year. They would watch any game they remembered was on, especially if I was at their place at the time. Will they be getting GolTV? Of course not. While last year they were slowing beginning to build an allegience to TFC, this year, the more games on GolTV, the fewer they will watch. What about a random friend I might call up while TFC is on TV? "Hey bud, just watching the game, yeah, it's great, channel ____". Sorry, if he doesn't have GolTV, there goes another potential fan. Even if I do get a friend interested, since they won't be able to attend regular games (BMO is sold out), if they can't watch the team on TV, how long do you think that interest will last?

Now, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the games that would have been on Bold being on GolTV instead. I have no problem with the fact that CBC probably pulled the plug on the number of games due to ratings. I have no problem with MLSE finding a place to give us access to the games. I'm only trying to say that there are many negative things to go along with this move as well, and if GolTV starts getting more and more games, TFC will be limited as far as new growth is concerned.

Of course, that doesn't account for all those people who are current GolTV subscribers but not TFC fans, which will obviously balance the equation out somewhat (though I believe not completely). Only time will tell I guess.

jwfm1985
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Basically the cost of two beers at BMO

Carts
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
If all games are on live thanks to Gol TV - that's a huge plus...

Specialty Cable Channels are (like it or not) the future of television in Canada...

Conventional broadcasters (aka 'over the air' but they're not really over the air anymore) have been applying to the CRTC for years to have viewers (you, me, the next guy) to pay for conventional channels (like CTV, Global, CBC) but they have been shut down...

Like it or not, specialty cable is what is happening in television...

If you're a NY Rangers fan, and live in NY, you need to purchase the package that has MSG Network to see all games etc....

This setup is no different than many, many, many other major cities in North America, and will be the way of the future...

I'm just thankful we'll be able to watch all games - live!

Carts...

Luanda
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
We will see how many people buy GOL tv. Is there a way to find out once the schedule is divulged?

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
The problem is less with the "footy fan" than it is with the "non-footy fan". Yes, I get it, any hardcore supporter of TFC should have no problem with getting this channel. My question is, what about the non-hardcore supporters? For example I know my parents started getting into TFC last year. They would watch any game they remembered was on, especially if I was at their place at the time. Will they be getting GolTV? Of course not. While last year they were slowing beginning to build an allegience to TFC, this year, the more games on GolTV, the fewer they will watch. What about a random friend I might call up while TFC is on TV? "Hey bud, just watching the game, yeah, it's great, channel ____". Sorry, if he doesn't have GolTV, there goes another potential fan. Even if I do get a friend interested, since they won't be able to attend regular games (BMO is sold out), if they can't watch the team on TV, how long do you think that interest will last?

Now, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the games that would have been on Bold being on GolTV instead. I have no problem with the fact that CBC probably pulled the plug on the number of games due to ratings. I have no problem with MLSE finding a place to give us access to the games. I'm only trying to say that there are many negative things to go along with this move as well, and if GolTV starts getting more and more games, TFC will be limited as far as new growth is concerned.

Of course, that doesn't account for all those people who are current GolTV subscribers but not TFC fans, which will obviously balance the equation out somewhat (though I believe not completely). Only time will tell I guess.

Not every game can be about drawing the maximum numbers. CBC will not show all the games which really is the only way to maximize viewership. Hence, we all have to accept that some games will be on channels that will result in lower viewership. Whether it be on the Score, GolTV or even Sportsnet.

So is there a negative point to games being on GolTV. Sure there is. But I am not sure there is any way to completely eliminate that aspect of the equation. Shoot...even the Raptors don't get maximum viewership on all their games because they are shared amongst several networks, including TSN who sometimes throws the games on TSN2.

It simply is a fact of life in the broadcast of sports. The point here is that GolTV is not an onerous demand on the average soccer fan.

boban
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM

I'm with you on this.

boban
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes it is. Bold games didn't approach anything near 10 games last years.
they bounced 4 or 5 there due to scheduling with the main CBC.

drewski
03-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes it is. Bold games didn't approach anything near 10 games last years.
they bounced 4 or 5 there due to scheduling with the main CBC.

but the end result was still the same, you had to order the specialty channel to watch the games. and since its not ppv, you have to order for a couple of months

since I didn't hear anything about a new tv contract, if there are less games on CBC and RSN, that means its because it was they who decided to cut back coverage, so if you want to complain send it to their way, not TFC's way

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah... I'll be getting GolTV pretty much as soon as the season starts and I'm back in Toronto permanently.

Oh no! You mean I have to pay an extra $2.79 a month to get LIVE TFC GAMES (Keep in mind some were tape last season) and 24-7 footy? SHIT! I DON'T LIKE TFC ANYMORE. WHO WANTS MY SOUTH END SEASONS?

Ridiculous.

Yep $2.79 will bankrupt a lot of footie fans??

pubboy
03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
this damn setanta free preview is killing me. i hate to give in to their marketing but i'm alreayd getting hooked and am trying to find ways to convicne myself to spend the money. like if i cancel it for the 2.5 month summer but spread the cost over the entire year, it'll average out to under $12/mo :lol:

That's what i do. Buy Setanta for the English season, and cancel in the summer. The only thing wrong with Gol, is that it isnt HD. Then again, for some reason, we dont get Setanta on HD even though they do in the UK. :noidea:

mclaren
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
By the way, SkySports now have won the rights from Setanta, so not sure how that will work out for those subscribed to Setanta.

jloome
03-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Yep $2.79 will bankrupt a lot of footie fans??

Don't Ontarians get a choice of which cable packages to take. Here, GOL is just part of my regular bundle.

ensco
03-10-2009, 01:39 PM
No pro sports team cares much about "the common fan".

They all pay lip service to them, but when push comes to shove, they want to increase "share of wallet" and not "number of fans"

This story is about baseball, but it tells you everything you need to know about how the corporate sports mentality works

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/sports/baseball/08seat.html?em

ExiledRed
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM

I agree with this fully.

Developing the sport in this country requires that it is accessible to those who aren't already hooked. Of course, the hardcore TFC fans will go out and get GolTV, but in the long term, lack of coverage and inaccessibility to the newcomer will stagnate the ratings, and possibly damage merchandising also.

Stryker
03-10-2009, 01:48 PM
They got me. :(
The thought of not being able to watch the games was killing me so I went and got it.
I went from Mid level coaxel cable package to renting the best HDTV PVR receiver with the HDTV channel package, the Sports package (which includes among others GolTV, all Sportsnet channels, Raptors TV, NHL Network and FOXSports)
Just finished hooking it all up. The cost... an extra 35 bucks a month.

Meph, I can live with that.
:D

drewski
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
By the way, SkySports now have won the rights from Setanta, so not sure how that will work out for those subscribed to Setanta.

one of the rights

the EPL has a couple of rights packages they sell.

Sky got the Monday night games but Setanta kept the Saturday night games package

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article5678393.ece

Steve
03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Not every game can be about drawing the maximum numbers. CBC will not show all the games which really is the only way to maximize viewership. Hence, we all have to accept that some games will be on channels that will result in lower viewership. Whether it be on the Score, GolTV or even Sportsnet.

My point is, these are not equal! Sure, you can say "GolTV or Bold" and I would agree. The fact is, Sportsnet comes with most basic cable packages. Most people have access to it, even if they don't watch it often (plus, it's usually located at a place most people flip past). So, let's say I've having a conversation at a party about TFC, and someone happens to overhear and asks about TFC. I can tell him about the great atmosphere, about the new team, about the hope, about how great soccer is. Now it's in the back of his mind. Next time he's at his television, he happens to see a TFC game on sportsnet and thinks "what the hell". TFC might have just gained a fan. If, on the other hand, the game is on GolTV, that's much less likely to happen, isn't it?

Again, I understand the reality of the situation is that CBC probably dropped the number of games they wanted due to poor ratings (or, more likely, CBC offered to show the games on tape delay and Bold and MLSE declined). I understand sportsnet probably didn't really want to pick up those games due to poor ratings. I just think the reality sucks, and will hinder the growth of the game in Canada.

drewski
03-10-2009, 01:56 PM
They got me. :(
The thought of not being able to watch the games was killing me so I went and got it.
I went from Mid level coaxel cable package to renting the best HDTV PVR receiver with the HDTV channel package, the Sports package (which includes among others GolTV, all Sportsnet channels, Raptors TV, NHL Network and FOXSports)
Just finished hooking it all up. The cost... an extra 35 bucks a month.

Meph, I can live with that.

in a couple of months, call and say you wanna cancel the PVR box and a theme package. we did and got the PVR free for 2 years :eek:

Miko
03-10-2009, 02:02 PM
one of the rights

the EPL has a couple of rights packages they sell.

Sky got the Monday night games but Setanta kept the Saturday night games package

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article5678393.ece

North American rights are sold separately.

The impact on Setanta is marginal as they can still pick up the rights for Canada (that's what happened last time - The Score bought the rights and then sold off pieces to Setanta and Rogers).

djking2
It's in TFC's business interest to have as many games on non-pay channels as possible in order to build general interest in the team. If 10 games are on GolTV as suggested earlier in the thread I'd guess it's because no standard cable network was prepared to pay for them. Bottom line, if the ratings don't support commercial broadcast those who really want to see the games will have to pay. If it ain't worth $2.79 a month to ya what the hell are you doing here.

olegunnar

The "non-footy" fan will not have tickets to the home games so they can watch the home games on CBC.
Home games on CBC with the crowd, the production quality etc. etc. are a far better indoctrination to TFC/MLS, than some two bit american broadcast of a KC game at a baseball stadium shown on the crappy The Score with a ticker going on the bottom.

In terms of first impressions I'd rather have the non-footy fan watch the cbc home games than a Fox Sports Midwest feed of a road game shown on The Score.
Watching the home games makes it seem like the team is in a major league, watching the road games make it seem like the joke many "haters" think the MLS is.

Steve
03-10-2009, 02:04 PM
The "non-footy" fan will not have tickets to the home games so they can watch the home games on CBC.
Home games on CBC with the crowd, the production quality etc. etc. are a far better indoctrination to TFC/MLS, than some two bit american broadcast of a KC game at a baseball stadium shown on the crappy The Score with a ticker going on the bottom.

In terms of first impressions I'd rather have the non-footy fan watch the cbc home games than a Fox Sports Midwest feed of a road game shown on The Score.
Watching the home games makes it seem like the team is in a major league, watching the road games make it seem like the joke many "haters" think the MLS is.

That's a fair point, and if CBC is still comitted to airing all of the home games (for the foreseeable future) that is certainly positive.

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Again, I understand the reality of the situation is that CBC probably dropped the number of games they wanted due to poor ratings (or, more likely, CBC offered to show the games on tape delay and Bold and MLSE declined). I understand sportsnet probably didn't really want to pick up those games due to poor ratings. I just think the reality sucks, and will hinder the growth of the game in Canada.

What would hinder the growth is not having any broadcast available at all.

The fact of the matter is that no sport, no matter how big, gets to maximize it's viewership 100% of the time.

Shoot...even some Leaf games are on Leaf TV aren't they? (Not sure...I don't watch all Leaf games, it's too painful.)

At the end of the day, I am not sure what it is you are complaining about. Is it that you want TFC games on CBC 100% of the time? Is that even realistic? Because if it isn't, what we should be discussing is whether TFC is getting the maximum exposure it can. And I personally think they are.

pubboy
03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
in a couple of months, call and say you wanna cancel the PVR box and a theme package. we did and got the PVR free for 2 years :eek:

We're with Cogeco, and went for the HD box rather than the PVR. They sent us the PVR anyway, even though we only pay for the standard HD box. :D Been like this for 2years now. Only problem is, we cant raise too many issues on our account in case they discover that they sent us the wrong equipment :(

ensco
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I think the fact that the team hasn't yet released the TV schedule may be telling us that TFC are struggling with the exact issues we are discussing here.

It should be noted that LeafsTV and RaptorsTV are financial failures, so let's give MLSE some credit - they must recognize the risks of putting too many games on GolTV.

Dub Narcotic
03-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Gol tv would be great for TFC games and other mls games...support the team first..!! Gol tv does not cost that much...give up bold and a few orther channels you dont really care for then add gol..its a good network

Yes, I prefer this, it's only $2 a month for summer, e.g about the cost of a beer or two, and I'll actually watch Gol for more than TFC, unlike Bold.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM

CBC and Rogers broadcasting contracts only cover a certain number of games per year, so even if the remaining games weren't on GolTV, you wouldn't see them anyway. The other option, increasing coverage on CBC or RSN would cost you too, just indirectly, either via increased TV rates for the package you do have, or for the CBC, a larger portion of your taxes going to CBC

IM SOO EXCITED I ACTUALLY HAVE FUCKING GOL TV :D:D:D:D:D

olegunnar
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
That's a fair point, and if CBC is still comitted to airing all of the home games (for the foreseeable future) that is certainly positive.

I agree
I have no clue about what the networks are thinking re: 2009 and beyond but I don't think CBC will dump TFC, especially considering they own the 2010 and 2014 World Cup rights

However I had assumed CBC would show as many live home games as possible, Goltv would pick up the road games that were on The Score, a few of the Sportsnet games they didnt' want due to conflicts and a couple of home games that CBC were to show tape delayed.

If you figure we'll have 34 games televised (30 league games and 4 health bar cup games), having 10 on Gol isn't that big a chunk.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM

soo true props man , people need to realize that not everyone is a hardcore supporter, but if they are mad into footy and they see the supporters section on CBC and how its done they might become more interested...... especially when the games are on big channels like 22 and 6 (sportsnet and cbc) and not 431 or whatever gol tv is ....:canada:

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
oh and PLEASE NO HOME GAMES ON GOLTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-10-2009, 02:31 PM
oh and PLEASE NO HOME GAMES ON GOLTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

repeats would be nice...if someone misses one for some reason??

BFin
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
10 games IS the number
Channel 428 on Rogers

Stryker
03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
10 games IS the number
Channel 428 on Rogers

*hugs his sparkley new GolTV*
Watching the Chelsea Juve game on TSN2 right now.. avec high definition.

Super Cereal
03-10-2009, 03:10 PM
What sports package is GolTV part of if you have Bell ExpressVu?

Bdking2
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
It's channel 404 on Bell TV. Part of Sports pack 3 or by itself for $2.50.

poppamidnight
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Cogeco packages 1 theme pack in it's digital packages,
the one i've got now, i've got 2 channels i watch,
they also offer a "select a digital channel" in 1, 5's ($6.99) or 10's ($9.99)....
...unfortunately goltv isnt on the select a channel, but I can just switch to the gol theme pack and nab back my other channels (and 3 others) at $6.99,

So $6.99 is a bargain if you think about it: road games, and how much you'd spend going out to certain games if you don't have access to all the games...

The only thing i was hoping for:

High-Friggen-Definition....

Give us some quality in this regards TFC!!!

HDNet wasn't that great w/ it's HD presentation of the game. And as of now they are still "in negotiations" w/ MLS for the rights....
...from what i remember CBC never even offered the games in HD - presented it in standard-def w/ the sidebars

MUFC_Niagara
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Just added GolTV on Cogeco for $2.49 month....LOL.

You don't need to ad dthe whole Sports 2 theme pack....you can add just the one chnnel.

Super Cereal
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
It's channel 404 on Bell TV. Part of Sports pack 3 or by itself for $2.50.

Thanks.

MUFC_Niagara
03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
CBC - TFC
GolTV - TFC, La Liga, Bundesliga, South American
FSW -Serie A, Coppa Italia
Setanta - EPL, FA Cup, Champions League

My wife is going to haaaaaaaaaate me....LOL

scooter
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Yes, I prefer this, it's only $2 a month for summer, e.g about the cost of a beer or two, and I'll actually watch Gol for more than TFC, unlike Bold.

shite i am still paying for bold i signed up last summer for to watch one tfc game but my better half likes it so even although i never watch it she is hooked
but thats ok i am going to sign up for goal tv once the season starts
yes setanta is a great deal sign up for epl and cancel when season is over
resign up in september and get a deal too:hump:

T_Mizz
03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
So any word yet on where the games will be on?

gtaguy
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
CBC - TFC
GolTV - TFC, La Liga, Bundesliga, South American
FSW -Serie A, Coppa Italia
Setanta - EPL, FA Cup, Champions League

My wife is going to haaaaaaaaaate me....LOL

I got 3 of the ones you mention to top i catch alot of games via p2p and im huge in the dog house. That saying quality over quantity is now a true reality in my home.

this is me before a game now wife=:hump: me=:D:drinking:footy yeah!!

bee dubya
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
^ MLSinToronto mentioned a while back that games would be on CBC, RSN & GolTV. I'm sure they're just divvying up the schedule based on who wants what games/what will work with the various broadcasters schedules in terms of conflicts with NHL or Jays or whatever.

I'm just throwing this out there but could the reason we haven't seen a full schedule yet have to do with the possible MLS expansion in Canada? Maybe MLS is looking for a more "national" package and a multiple year commitment from the broadcasters. If (that's *if*) Vancouver or Ottawa or both get awarded expansion franchises, you can bet that MLS will want a national broadcast package in Canada to compliment the new franchise. A 2nd Canadian team might also entice TSN to get in on the action in the future (though I suspect they'll sit on the sidelines for a while longer before angling for a piece of the MLS action).

Mark in Ottawa
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
this damn setanta free preview is killing me. Killing you!
I am already a subscriber and now I find them giving it away :mad:

O well... onward :drinking:

ginkster88
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
If there is concern about TFC on Gol I should say that the football fan is winning here... there were always going to be games on a specialty channel (Bold or Gol), but I'd MUCH rather be forced to buy Gol (and all of its glorious international football) than Bold.

I'm saying this from the perspective of a non-Gol subscriber... I've had it since the beginning of the La Liga and Bundesliga seasons :)

Plenty of Trout
03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
So any word yet on where the games will be on?

Just speculation at this point.

egoodwin
03-10-2009, 08:28 PM
i think that the Seattle game is on CBC, I remember seeing an ad for it at the top during the montreal game broadcasts on bold

scooter
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Killing you!
I am already a subscriber and now I find them giving it away :mad:

O well... onward :drinking:

mark its cool --- more soccer for all

Laurignano
03-10-2009, 08:34 PM

There is a difference. You can stream CBC bold for free, and you can't stream Gol TV for free. If you wanted to watch the Toronto FC game on t.v., you could watch the replay on any CBC at 12 am usually. Gol TV is kind of like a leafs t.v. thing, but no way in hell is the whole fan base going to want to pay extra money to watch TFC games when it should be offered for free. Its bullshit in my opinion.

Boris
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
There is a difference. You can stream CBC bold for free, and you can't stream Gol TV for free. If you wanted to watch the Toronto FC game on t.v., you could watch the replay on any CBC at 12 am usually. Gol TV is kind of like a leafs t.v. thing, but no way in hell is the whole fan base going to want to pay extra money to watch TFC games when it should be offered for free. Its bullshit in my opinion.

gol is not a leafs tv of sorts...
you have games from spain,germany, south america....
its a great channel to have and only $2....

really now...:rolleyes:

jwfm1985
03-10-2009, 08:41 PM

Dude, it is 2.50. Let me repeat, 2 dollars and 50 cents.

Anyone that would make the effort to stream a TFC game on bold but will not drop $2.50 for TFC + EVERYTHING ELSE on GolTV (which is a lot, by the way), is pretty ridiculous.

Laurignano
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Dude, it is 2.50. Let me repeat, 2 dollars and 50 cents.

Anyone that would make the effort to stream a TFC game on bold but will not drop $2.50 for TFC + EVERYTHING ELSE on GolTV (which is a lot, by the way), is pretty ridiculous.

2.50 is not bad, so its $30 a year. Price is not the issue for me, its the principle. The simple fact that they are making us pay for game in my opinion should not happen. I will pay to watch TFC games on Gol TV but it does not mean I am pleased that I have to do it.

Boris
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
2.50 is not bad, so its $30 a year. Price is not the issue for me, its the principle. The simple fact that they are making us pay for game in my opinion should not happen. I will pay to watch TFC games on Gol TV but it does not mean I am pleased that I have to do it.

:lol:
what if the other channels arent willing to put it on their stations?
what if this was the only option....

beggers cant be choosers....

mlsintoronto
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM

did you watch games on Sportsnet last year? you were paying for that. how is gol different?

koryo
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
So what's the point of this thread? Are people pissed off that things cost money?

For fuck sakes: a little dignity please.

Boris
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
So what's the point of this thread? Are people pissed off that things cost money?

For fuck sakes: a little dignity please.

i cna count on you to say things as they are :D

MrHawk
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
People need stuff to bitch at?

Kooper
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't think TSN has a broadcast contract so they won't be broadcasting on TSN2 or TSN for that matter

Too bad I wanted to use that as a club to get free services from Rogers.

koryo
People need stuff to bitch at?

The bag of sugar in your avatar is too granular! Whhhaaaaaaaahhhh!

onemanbarmyarmy
Holy crap things cost money. Well count me out of that. I'm gonna get nothing but free stuff from now on. Things...f-em.

CretanBull
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I already spend $30 a year just to watch La Liga games..this year I got an England/Germany friendly an now they're giving me TFC games too? That's a great deal.

ExiledRed
03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Is it really just $2.50 a month, or do I have to get a slew of crappy channels I dont want and pay for those as well?

Wagner
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I think it more comes from the fact that you have to order something extra.

RSO is pretty standard, part of your basic package...
GolTV is often a specialty channel...and not everyone can get it...(for some reason my building, with ExpressVu/BellTV can't get GolTV).

Whatever, i'll go to joes, or find it online if i can't get it.

I don't think this is a good idea...making TFC less accessible will hurt the team. It's short sighted to force fans to start going to the PPV model.
Look at Pro Boxing...short term gain = longterm death.

CretanBull
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
1 channel on it's own is $2.79 a month. If you buy it as apart of a package, each channel in the package becomes cheaper - to the point where if you buy 30 channels they're only .90 each.

ExiledRed
03-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I cant call up rogers and say, hey put GolTV on my package, but nothing else, and I only want to pay the extra for that one channel.

Im not clear on this though, does anybody here work for rogers?

CretanBull
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
^Yup, you can call and have just 1 channel added - it will cost you $2.79 a month. Even without TFC games the channel is worth it. The England/Germany friendly was on Goltv for free...I usually end up paying $25 for the England games.

From the rogers website:

Create your own package:

Each channel...$2.79/mo

2-4 channels...$2.69/mo
5 channels......$10.95/mo
10 channels....$15.95/mo
15 channels....$19.75/mo
20 channels....$22.99/mo
30 channels....$27.99/mo

nfitz
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I cant call up rogers and say, hey put GolTV on my package, but nothing else, and I only want to pay the extra for that one channel.

Im not clear on this though, does anybody here work for rogers?Well, assuming you already have something ... but yes if you have basic digital cable, then you just can add one channel; which is what I did with GolTV, and CBC Bold.

ExiledRed
03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
no shit.....

I guess the last time I tried to choose the channels I wanted, they laughed at me. That was a while ago though.

ah screw, do I have to convert to digital for it?

Boris
03-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Is it really just $2.50 a month, or do I have to get a slew of crappy channels I dont want and pay for those as well?

you can order just that

nfitz
03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
ah screw, do I have to convert to digital for it?uh, yeah ... it's a digital channel. I don't think Rogers will even sign up non-digital customers these days ... so I guess you're grand-fathered.

Stryker
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM
ah screw, do I have to convert to digital for it?

Depends on your provider. Here in Edmonton its Shaw Cable and yes I needed to get digital. As I said earlier I just got it today and I love it.

T_Mizz
03-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Your social security cheque is late, stuff costs more than it used to, young people use curse words!

mclaren
03-10-2009, 11:32 PM
mlse...fairly predictable, let's be honest.

SteeltownBhoy
03-11-2009, 07:11 AM
GolTV is often a specialty channel...and not everyone can get it...(for some reason my building, with ExpressVu/BellTV can't get GolTV).

This is the problem I have. Even though Cogeco carries GolTV it's not available for purchase because of my location in Hamilton. But in other parts of Hamilton it is available. Very fustrating.

Oldtimer
03-11-2009, 08:02 AM
You guys who are complaining about GOL TV costing, about how your relatives aren't subscribers so won't be watching TFC for those 10 games, how GOL isn't streamed, etc. are forgetting MLSNET's online service. It's cost 20 bucks for the last few years, story circulating around is that they are switching to a free ad-supported service. So those who are too cheap to pay $2.79 for TFC or unable to subscribe will be able to watch it on their PC for free.

BFin
03-11-2009, 08:10 AM

Im not clear on this though, does anybody here work for rogers?
Yes, you can. I work there, trust me.
It's called an A La Carte channel.
Lots of channels come in packages, however you can also pick and choose whatever channel you want. It can be done online as well, so you don't have to deal with a call centre rep.

Edit: Here is the link to the channels page.
Click on the sports pak, then on GolTV, then add to my TV.
I think that should do the trick, just follow the process through.
2.69/mth

Nuvinho
03-11-2009, 08:17 AM
I have expressvu, I was told I could get GolTV, but I'd have to get one of the new packages, since my package is 7 years old (so cheaper and more channels).

I will upgrade in the coming weeks....can't wait, more soccer for me to watch.

Stryker
03-11-2009, 09:33 AM
You guys who are complaining about GOL TV costing, about how your relatives aren't subscribers so won't be watching TFC for those 10 games, how GOL isn't streamed, etc. are forgetting MLSNET's online service. It's cost 20 bucks for the last few years, story circulating around is that they are switching to a free ad-supported service. So those who are too cheap to pay $2.79 for TFC or unable to subscribe will be able to watch it on their PC for free.
I had MLS Net last season as I was away from home for work often.
It had a few glaring flaws though IMO. Biggest being that I wasen't able to download a game. I had to sit and watch the game on their media player on their website. Secondly alot of the TFC games weren't covered.
Lastly the video quality leaves a great deal to be desired for a pay service such as it is.
MLS Net isn't great by any standards but its an option if you need to get your fix and none of the standard methods of watching the games have panned out for whatever reason.

Rochdale
03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
^Yup, you can call and have just 1 channel added - it will cost you $2.79 a month. Even without TFC games the channel is worth it. The England/Germany friendly was on Goltv for free...I usually end up paying $25 for the England games.

From the rogers website:

Create your own package:

Each channel...$2.79/mo

2-4 channels...$2.69/mo
5 channels......$10.95/mo
10 channels....$15.95/mo
15 channels....$19.75/mo
20 channels....$22.99/mo
30 channels....$27.99/mo

l was told that you had to buy the sports pack for $7.99 which includes Fox Sports World, NHL Network, Gol Tv etc, etc.

nfitz
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
l was told that you had to buy the sports pack for $7.99 which includes Fox Sports World, NHL Network, Gol Tv etc, etc.You were told wrong. You can buy GOL TV buy itself. That's what I've done. $2.79 a month I got charged - until I added CBC Bold, and now I'm charged $2.69 for each.

BFin
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
l was told that you had to buy the sports pack for $7.99 which includes Fox Sports World, NHL Network, Gol Tv etc, etc.
This rep was lying to you.
It is an A La Carte channel that you can order on your own.
Next time you speak to a rep, if they say this ask for their name and relay it on to me please. People like this cause the customer service satisfaction to plummet.

Edit: don't forget I work there.

Nuvinho
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
I am now owned by MLSE........I just got GolTV......hahahaha!!!

rocker
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
so is TFC the first MLS team to own its own channel?

MrHawk
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
The bag of sugar in your avatar is too granular! Whhhaaaaaaaahhhh!

But it comes with prizes such as nails, broken glass and a blasting cap

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
mls TV Station
Direct Kick
ESPN Deportes
Fox Soccer Channel usa only
Fox Sports en Espanol
Rogers Sportsnet (National)
Rogers Sportsnet (Ontario)
Rogers Sportsnet (East)
Rogers Sportsnet (West)
Rogers Sportsnet (Pacific)

sportsnet are not showing the opener in KC as they are doing the world baseball classic with 2 games...CBC will have Hockey...so it looks like Gol
tv for the first game.

deltox
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
or it might be on the score.

the Crapids have their games on the ALTITUDE network just like the avalanche.

im not sure if other teams have their own networks

rocker
03-11-2009, 12:35 PM
the Crapids have their games on the ALTITUDE network just like the avalanche.

so that network owned by the same people that own the Crapids?

EDIT: Wikipedia answered my own question.. yep!

that must be useful to own the very station your games are on.. not unlike owning or operating the stadium you play in.

MUFC_Niagara
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
For all the people bitching about having to get GolTV, if you can't afford $2.50 a month then you should probably cancel your internet. Seriously. Besides, for me it's a positive. It means that we will always have TFC on tv. It's their own station so when there is some bullshit like curling or fishing or hockey on, TFC won't get bumped to the fucking 2am replay!

I just got the channel yesterday and am kicking myself for not getting it earlier.

MKR
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I think it more comes from the fact that you have to order something extra.

RSO is pretty standard, part of your basic package...

Whatever, i'll go to joes, or find it online if i can't get it.

I don't think this is a good idea...making TFC less accessible will hurt the team. It's short sighted to force fans to start going to the PPV model.
Look at Pro Boxing...short term gain = longterm death.

Bingo.

For people who live in Toronto or the GTA, watching the games of your F*CKING HOME TEAM shouldn't cost extra.

And BTW. 10 games is one third of the schedule. At least raptors TV and LEafs TV show an 8th of the games at most. We're talking about one 3rd.

This is bullshit.

drewski
03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Bingo.

For people who live in Toronto or the GTA, watching the games of your F*CKING HOME TEAM shouldn't cost extra.

And BTW. 10 games is one third of the schedule. At least raptors TV and LEafs TV show an 8th of the games at most. We're talking about one 3rd.

This is bullshit.

well the Raptors and Leafs not only play more than twice the games, and more importantly they draw better ratings.

When TFC gets better ratings and they still show 10 games on Gol you might have a a complaint.

Remember, these are games that CBC and RSO didn't want to show. So its not like games that were taken from them to show on Gol

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
For all the people bitching about having to get GolTV, if you can't afford $2.50 a month then you should probably cancel your internet. Seriously. Besides, for me it's a positive. It means that we will always have TFC on tv. It's their own station so when there is some bullshit like curling or fishing or hockey on, TFC won't get bumped to the fucking 2am replay!

I just got the channel yesterday and am kicking myself for not getting it earlier.

It is a good channel and with tfc now on it will get better..

BFin
03-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Well then you better blame it on large networks for not wanting to show the games that draw lower ratings...and that simple thing called economics.

Seriously, you missed a bunch of games last year, so if you want to see those games this year...pay for the channel. If not, stop complaining.

Nuvinho
03-12-2009, 08:37 AM
BFin, got a question for you (if you know).......It may have been answered already, but will the Thursday night MLS games be shown on GolTV, or its only Toronto FC games?

Steve
03-12-2009, 09:01 AM
well the Raptors and Leafs not only play more than twice the games, and more importantly they draw better ratings.

When TFC gets better ratings and they still show 10 games on Gol you might have a a complaint.

Remember, these are games that CBC and RSO didn't want to show. So its not like games that were taken from them to show on Gol

Well, that's going to be a problem. The more TFC games shown on Gol, the lower the ratings will be, and the slower the team will grow. Right now we have a limited, passionate fanbase. If they want to turn that into a larger fanbase, they need it to be accessible. Maybe MLSE is trying to target current GolTV subscribers, who knows.

Either way, yes, CBC and RSO don't want to show them. Should MLSE have tried to sweeten the pot? Who knows, obviously they thought about it and decided on this course of action. Maybe they think the future of this franchise is in limited, passionate support. Either way I can't fault them, I just don't have to like it.

Yohan
03-12-2009, 09:05 AM
FFS. It's GolTV. You know, soccer specific channel that also broadcast shitloads of other games?

Miko
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
10 games on Gol TV.

More than likely live, no annoying ticker on the bottom (a la The Score).

Seems like a pretty good plan to me. Who knows, if MLSE leverage this the way they did with Leafs TV and Raptors TV, it may "move down the dial" the way both of those did.

I'm more interested in who will call these games - Lee Godfrey and Paul James? Or will they use local coverage if it's an away game? Anyone who watched the LA or Houston games on The Score last year will remember how dire the local home feed was!

I think, at the end of the day, we should be more concerned about the quality of the coverage as opposed to where it's showing.

BFin
03-12-2009, 09:18 AM
10 games on Gol TV.

Seems like a pretty good plan to me. Who knows, if MLSE leverage this the way they did with Leafs TV and Raptors TV, it may "move down the dial" the way both of those did.
Those discussions have happened, I can say. Not close to being done...but they have happened.
As for what games will be on, I don't know that they will show any games other than Toronto FC as the other MLS games would draw very little ratings for MLSE against a Premiereship game, or Bundesliga.
But be patient, it is a very good start, and you will all be very happy in the years to come.

djking2
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Those complaining about the recent GolTV broadcast announcement have obviously forgotten that last year CBCBold stepped up as a last minute solution when it appeared as though the games wouldn't be broadcast at all. Bold cost me more than Gol does and I never watched anything but TFC on it. How anyone can figure this is a bad move is hard for me to comprehend.

Stryker
03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Watch TFC take on Kansas City
Live on Gol TV
Saturday, March 21
Broadcast starts at 8:00 p.m.

Next two games:

Saturday, March 28: TFC at Columbus Crew
Tape delay at 7:00 p.m. on Gol TV

Saturday, April 4: TFC vs. Seattle Sounders FC
Broadcast starts at 3:30 p.m. live on CBC

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/

Well we know for sure that the first two games of the season (both away) will be broadcast on Gol.
Seeing as theres no mention of anyone else covering the games as of yet, some of you may want to give more thought to getting Gol TV if you don't have it already.

Stryker
03-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Also worth noting that while MLS is not listed as one of the leagues they cover, the Nutrilite Canadian Championship is listed under Gol TV programming.
One can only assume they'll be carrying some of if not all of those games.
Maybe someone here who had it last summer can chime in.

http://www.goltv.ca/schedule/view_show.php?showid=446

TFC USA
03-12-2009, 06:04 PM
It's 7 days until the MLS season starts and CBC and Rogers Sportsnet have put up NOTHING about schedules.

Ugh.

Come on CBC!

Dunkers
03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
This is annoying, living in a small resort town , our appt provides basic cable for free, but you cannot order subscription channels, and being on the west coast, a 1 oclock game starts at 10am, so no chance of hitting a bar for a game....very bothersome

BFin
03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I will suggest TFC On Demand for the West Coast/Europe crew.
Best I can do...haha.