View Full Version : Sounders get their season tickets "in style"

TorontoBlades
03-10-2009, 07:42 AM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/03/photos-seattle-sounders-send-season.html

....look familiar?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Love these quotes!

Anonymous said... Holy hell. That's freakin cool. I agree, this is better than any other MLS team has done vis a vie supporters.

from someone we might know!! :)

Cashcleaner :)said... Your scarf is your ticket? YOU SCARF IS YOUR TICKET?!

Brilliant! Incredible! I haven't heard of anything like this before!

Oh wait, yes I have. At the supporters group meeting in 2006 ago when we tossed that very same idea around with the reps from Toronto FC and have had it in with our season tickets for 2 years now.

Lame move, Sounders. It's called "originality". You might want to look into it.

nascarguy
03-10-2009, 08:03 AM
i Love these quotes too..

but what the hell did they say.. ""vis a vie ""

DRock
03-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I hope that some tools rip that ticket off the scarf because they think it's just a label, and then throw it out, haha. I think there are going to be a few holes and empty seats in the stadium (in the season ticket areas). Is just my guess.

jrey
03-10-2009, 08:08 AM
yeah I read that and laughed. MLS-R... what a bunch of tools.

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 08:19 AM
We are so hated...LOL!

Boris
03-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I hope that some tools rip that ticket off the scarf because they think it's just a label, and then throw it out, haha. I think there are going to be a few holes and empty seats in the stadium (in the season ticket areas). Is just my guess.

ummm there have been incidents like that in toronto......:rolleyes:

brad
03-10-2009, 08:28 AM
We are so hated...LOL!

It's called jealousy...Imagine when we actually start winning..

Joe Kool
03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Funny how they say to TFC fans "give Seattle their moment" but nobody is saying they shouldn't be doing their season tickets the same as TFC. Just don't claim that your the first to do it like that and that Seattle did better than any other MLS team when you are copying someone else. They come out with comments like that and then don't expect anyone in Toronto to be offended. Truth will be told if they bring it come game time and if their 3 song lyric sheet is going to really turn the place into an "EPL atmosphere". Great if they can do it but doubtful.

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 08:54 AM
It's called jealousy...Imagine when we actually start winning..

To a degree. They all wish they had the atmosphere we had.

But what I am referring to is that we also tend to mock the other teams on a regular basis and I think it's beginning to give TFC fans a reputation. Frankly, I could care less, we are proud of what we have done. And it certainly has kick-started (shamed?) other SGs into action around the league. But that has certainly made us the "bad guys" around the league.

brad
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
To a degree. They all wish they had the atmosphere we had.

But what I am referring to is that we also tend to mock the other teams on a regular basis and I think it's beginning to give TFC fans a reputation. Frankly, I could care less, we are proud of what we have done. And it certainly has kick-started (shamed?) other SGs into action around the league. But that has certainly made us the "bad guys" around the league.

I still think that if we had 5000 soccer mom's at most games, and didn't invade Columbus the way we did, most people wouldn't care about us. We'd just be the whipping boys.

Roogsy
03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
I still think that if we had 5000 soccer mom's at most games, and didn't invade Columbus the way we did, most people wouldn't care about us. We'd just be the whipping boys.

And are going to invade again.

Nobody in the league has supported away games like us. Nobody. It is definitely something to be proud of.

(And I may add, much of it has to do with our awesome away trip team.)

TorontoBlades
03-10-2009, 09:02 AM
I hope their scarfs are even shorter then ours from the first year...

...but honestly, it looks like someone took out season ticket package from last year and washed it in a Xbox

The thing is, they are trying to mimic the TFC business plan....which is good for them, except.... contrary to what the suits brag about at the MLSE boardrooms - it wasn't the business plan that made TFC what it is - it was the fans. I'm pretty sure noone will disagree that TFC could have given us a book of plain tickets and the BMO experiance would have suffered nil.

ensco
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Mods, please declare a 7 day moratorium on Sounders threads/posts. I can't take it any more!

Don Julio
03-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Hmm.. looks like the ticket is General Admission. That's interesting.

TicTacTabarnack
03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I hope their scarfs are even shorter then ours from the first year...

...but honestly, it looks like someone took out season ticket package from last year and washed it in a Xbox

Looks closer like what we received in the inaugural year. Last year's was much cooler than what they're getting right now. That being said ... Can't wait to see what we have in store for this year. I'm more excited than at Christmas right now!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3362/3214030833_9d7fef737d_o.jpg

TorontoBlades
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Hmm.. looks like the ticket is General Admission. That's interesting.

wanna talk stress? I'm moving into a new place on March 31, I need these tix to come ASAP

TorCanSoc
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
^ Dude, call the FO. You can make pickup arrangements. Don't leave it to chance.

dclaro
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
lets see seattle beat our first goal, doubt it