PDA

View Full Version : TFC Clubhouse!

ThisIsAnfield
03-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Good morning ladies and gentlemen!

Many of you know me, many of you may not, but my name is Mike and like all of you I am not right in the head about our beloved Toronto FC.

I would like to personally and officially invite each and everyone of you to consider a little project I have been working on that has blown out of proportions to the point that it is now a reality.

Myself and many others have gradually been building up the idea of a clubhouse for TFC supporters. Many of you have probably been to one around the city or around the world that supports a particular football club and provides a place for the club's fans, it's membership, to watch the matches with like-minded friends in the comfort of their own establishment, often offering perks like satellite television coverage of the team and cheaper beer.

Well, how does many TVs, with all kinds of football, and FREE beer sound? How about 24 hours a day, 365 days a year?!

There is much much more to this clubhouse than what I've highlighted, and I invite you to join the Facebook group or take a look at the threads on the forums of another group's where this idea began and find out more.

We plan to cap original charter membership at app. 200 until we can secure another location and expand. The original location is on Dufferin, just south of Lawrence, close to the Lawrence West station and right on the 29 Dufferin route many of us take down to Shoeless and BMO on matchdays.

I want to reiterate that this clubhouse membership is open to ALL TFC and football supporters. I for one have no direct affiliation with any one particular supporter's group and prefer to think of myself as a free agent of sorts. I am an STH in 114, row 13, seats 3-5. I have travelled to away matches with many of the groups and can't get enough of the passion for our club that each and everyone of us possesses.

We are currently in the building stage and plan to begin within the next week and a half. We have finally secured our location and are ready to get nuts. If you'd like to volunteer to help out or have anything you think would be useful to donate, please let me know immediately and we'll see what we can do!

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55183748347

Original idea and info thread: http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=7712&st=0

There is a lot of reading there but it will answer just about any questions you may initially have. Please take the time to familiarize yourself, or simply ask me and I will be glad to assist.

I want to stress also that this initiative is completely open to all members and financially transparent in all aspects. No one will profit financially from this endeavour. Except of course those of us that spend a fortune on parking, beer at the bar during matches, and Setanta.

I hope you guys are as excited about the prospect of free beer and a haven for away matches, internationals, European footy, you name it, like we are.

I look forward to meeting some of you that I haven't this season and to making this clubhouse something incredible, which I'm sure it will be.

RedWookie
03-09-2009, 03:31 AM
free beer? whats the catch?

ThisIsAnfield
03-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Not a single one, my man! Members drink for free. :drinking:

Ossington Mental Youth
03-09-2009, 03:46 AM
sounds pretty cool, theres one that some dutch team has next to their stadium, its pretty awesome and would allow for a good place to watch away games

denime
03-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Interesting, it is walking distance from my house. :drinking:

I have to think about this, but I like the idea.
TFC Supporters Clubhouse would be the next step to unison support in the stands.

NF-FC
03-09-2009, 06:23 AM
I don't know if offering free beer around here is the best idea. It's a sure way to bankrupt what otherwise seems like an awesome project

ThisIsAnfield
03-09-2009, 07:03 AM
I don't know if offering free beer around here is the best idea. It's a sure way to bankrupt what otherwise seems like an awesome project

Don't worry my friend, we've got a very complicated Excel spreadsheet that does all the calculating for us so if demand is higher than is expected, we make a few adjustments and it's accounted for.

That being said, we need to be introduced, you and I. When I'm at it, I drink far too much beer. So do most of the people I associate with, especially on matchdays. I would never let myself down, let alone 199 others. As God as my witness, we will never run out of beer.

That's cute though, what you implied. As I said, we need to be introduced so you never have another silly misconception about the way we do things. ;)

We have 2 suppliers and 2 different tap setups. We are constructing our own wet bar to install them in to. Have no fear, we even have fully stocked beer fridges for the construction process.

If you think that we'll run out of beer, or good times, or shennanigans in general, I have let myself down explaining the clubhouse to everyone here. :)

All that being said, I'm not selling the idea to anyone, I'm just being inclusive and affording the initial opportunity to everyone. We won't have any problem's filling the target of 200 charter members. We've got ex-pats and foreign nationals pledging monetary support just because they love the idea that much.

Get in there! :cheers:

Rocco
03-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Best of luck with the project. It sounds like a great idea!

RedsYNWA
03-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Love it

Bluenose13
03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Ahhhh.......The TFC experience just keeps on getting better, Good luck with this project.

Hustle
03-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Congrats on taking on this ambitious project...if I lived in T.O I would be in for sure, but I will have to settle for away games at Shakey's in Guelph.

drewski
03-09-2009, 08:47 AM
interesting idea, I like it. though I wouldn't exactly say the beer is free since you have to pay like $240/year. which as of right now i'm serious considering cause its still a good deal :D

Jbraun
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I would like to join - can you send an email to me at forzabraverso@msn.com on when/where I can pay? Is it up and running for the first Kansas City game?

Thanks,
John Braun

Steve
03-09-2009, 09:10 AM
interesting idea, I like it. though I wouldn't exactly say the beer is free since you have to pay like $240/year. which as of right now i'm serious considering cause its still a good deal :D

Yeah, but $240 a year is what, 48 (cheap) pints at any other place? That's about 4 pints a month, and I'm pretty sure most people will be drinking more than that. But yeah, I understand what you're saying, they aren't technically "free" just "prepaid".

I really like the idea of this clubhouse, especially since it's a non-partisan deal (I'm kind of a journyman myself, first year was in U-Sector because of away trips, but I had no season's, second year was in 116 with half season's so was in NEE, this year I'm in 223, so I'm pretty much unaffiliated). My only problem is the location, it's a little north for me :). Oh well, it still might be worth it. Hopefully it takes off, and if there is another location chosen it's closer to me (St. Jamestown represents!)

Oldtimer
03-09-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm confused, wasn't this supposed to be a U-Sector clubhouse (with no Red Patch allowed?). Why the change? Are there not enough U-Sector signing up?

That being said, I prefer the idea of a non-group club house, all invited.

JDG
03-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I would like to join - can you send an email to me at forzabraverso@msn.com on when/where I can pay? Is it up and running for the first Kansas City game?

Thanks,
John Braun

You should probably visit the original thread where the plan was developed to learn more about what stage of readieness the place is at, and what you can to to help get it launched ASAP.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=7712&st=0

Technorgasm
03-09-2009, 09:30 AM
This guy has great taste in Footy.

Let me know If I can help. I live right up the street at Dufferin and Bloor.

WALK ON

celt-nick
03-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I will volunteer the time and materials for any satellite/cable instalation needed. I live in Durham but a good cause is a good cause!

Ossington Mental Youth
03-09-2009, 09:37 AM
also have to say a non affiliated club is a great idea

MUFC_Niagara
03-09-2009, 10:23 AM
From the U-Sector thread on this....

I'm all good with exploring this, with a few ground rules:

1) No Labatt 50.....good beer please

2) No Red Patch

3) an adequate Bog, as there will be a lot of pissing

4) downtown...Nothing north of BLoor, west of Dundas West or east of Jarvis

5) no red patch

H Bomb
03-09-2009, 10:25 AM
that's just one person though tim. And fuck whoever that was, but let's not judge a people on a person.

Bluenose13
03-09-2009, 10:31 AM

2) No Red Patch

5) no red patchYeah, I read that as well. It's a small minority over there that feel they need to continue the season 1 bullshit. Thankfully the majority on both sides are well past that.

that's just one person though tim. And fuck whoever that was, but let's not judge a people on a person.Good point.

TicTacTabarnack
03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a plan ... I'm in!

celt-nick
03-09-2009, 10:39 AM
yup, most of us have friends in the different supporters groups and understand that we are all one under TFC's red! But there's some wankers in all our groups who don't/won't get it - Fuck-em!

that's just one person though tim. And fuck whoever that was, but let's not judge a people on a person.

Toronto_Bhoy
03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Free beer? The LCBO will love this…

MUFC_Niagara
03-09-2009, 10:47 AM

Agreed, but until it dies the true TFC experience won't be realized. i.e. - the songs won't reach maximum potential

adamdz
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Best of luck with your idea, sounds great.

celt-nick
03-09-2009, 10:50 AM
sadly, so true.....

Agreed, but until it dies the true TFC experience won't be realized. i.e. - the songs won't reach maximum potential

FluSH
03-09-2009, 11:08 AM

2) No Red Patch

5) no red patch

The question is...

Are the statements beign condoned by others in that thread...(I haven't looked at the thread) I know Rudi is pretty good at keeping things civil.

I know if we started spewing anti-supporter group stuff here our members and execs would clamp it down. Just our culture I guess.

Roogsy
03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
We will leave them to tend to their own board and members.

adamdz
03-09-2009, 11:10 AM
That's the kind of talk that would drive me away from supporting an idea like that. Even if it's one or two guys, that kind of crap spreads like a virus :P. I read that thread and the idea is great and I really hope it flies.

FluSH
03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Alrighty then...

Great effort nonetheless... whether I am allowed in or not.

-FluSH

FluSH
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
P.S. what you need to find me is a clubhouse to paint banners...

Anyone out there want to start one?

A very large warehouse space with... No beer... Shady bathrooms... and dim lighting!

My kind of place

Rudi
03-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm confused, wasn't this supposed to be a U-Sector clubhouse (with no Red Patch allowed?). Why the change? Are there not enough U-Sector signing up?

That being said, I prefer the idea of a non-group club house, all invited.

2) No Red Patch

5) no red patch

Yeah, I read that as well. It's a small minority over there that feel they need to continue the season 1 bullshit. Thankfully the majority on both sides are well past that.

Good point.

The question is...

Are the statements beign condoned by others in that thread...(I haven't looked at the thread) I know Rudi is pretty good at keeping things civil.

I know if we started spewing anti-supporter group stuff here our members and execs would clamp it down. Just our culture I guess.

We will leave them to tend to their own board and members.
As a general rule, we don't censor any posts, unless of course they are hateful/trolling/bigoted, etc. If people over there don't agree with something that is posted, they'll usually make it well known, or completely ignore it (depending on the post). If things get really out of hand, it is usually locked.

While I don't agree with the post in question - and knowing the poster, I know it's a bit of a joke since I've seen him at Shoeless a few times (not to mention in your year-end video in two different segments) - I'm not going to censor him because of it.

Those of you who post or lurk over there know that I tend to speak up when anti-SG sentiment gets too stupid over there, but I'll almost always leave the posts intact as I don't feel hiding from it is the best course of action. I even do this when the target is U-Sector itself, or myself personally (and there have been some real doozies in both of those categories). The other admins tend to agree with this style of moderation.

That said, I think you guys are focusing way too much on that one, single post in a currently 14-page thread.

Besides, it was clarified later on in the thread that the actual rule is:

http://icons-p2.imeem.com/e360YjV0.jpg

:drinking:

Roogsy
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I think that is a good point to highlight. One post of that nature among 14 pages. In our first year, you would have found a much higher percentage. That speaks to the progress that has been made.

In my mind, that is all that needs to be said. I personally won't be looking at this Clubhouse for my needs as I feel I personally would not use it at all, but I wish you well in your efforts to get a location going for TFC supporters.

VPjr
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Good morning ladies and gentlemen!

Many of you know me, many of you may not, but my name is Mike and like all of you I am not right in the head about our beloved Toronto FC.

I would like to personally and officially invite each and everyone of you to consider a little project I have been working on that has blown out of proportions to the point that it is now a reality.

Myself and many others have gradually been building up the idea of a clubhouse for TFC supporters. Many of you have probably been to one around the city or around the world that supports a particular football club and provides a place for the club's fans, it's membership, to watch the matches with like-minded friends in the comfort of their own establishment, often offering perks like satellite television coverage of the team and cheaper beer.

Well, how does many TVs, with all kinds of football, and FREE beer sound? How about 24 hours a day, 365 days a year?!

There is much much more to this clubhouse than what I've highlighted, and I invite you to join the Facebook group or take a look at the threads on the forums of another group's where this idea began and find out more.

We plan to cap original charter membership at app. 200 until we can secure another location and expand. The original location is on Dufferin, just south of Lawrence, close to the Lawrence West station and right on the 29 Dufferin route many of us take down to Shoeless and BMO on matchdays.

I want to reiterate that this clubhouse membership is open to ALL TFC and football supporters. I for one have no direct affiliation with any one particular supporter's group and prefer to think of myself as a free agent of sorts. I am an STH in 114, row 13, seats 3-5. I have travelled to away matches with many of the groups and can't get enough of the passion for our club that each and everyone of us possesses.

We are currently in the building stage and plan to begin within the next week and a half. We have finally secured our location and are ready to get nuts. If you'd like to volunteer to help out or have anything you think would be useful to donate, please let me know immediately and we'll see what we can do!

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55183748347

Original idea and info thread: http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=7712&st=0

There is a lot of reading there but it will answer just about any questions you may initially have. Please take the time to familiarize yourself, or simply ask me and I will be glad to assist.

I want to stress also that this initiative is completely open to all members and financially transparent in all aspects. No one will profit financially from this endeavour. Except of course those of us that spend a fortune on parking, beer at the bar during matches, and Setanta.

I hope you guys are as excited about the prospect of free beer and a haven for away matches, internationals, European footy, you name it, like we are.

I look forward to meeting some of you that I haven't this season and to making this clubhouse something incredible, which I'm sure it will be.

I'm in. I don't know how often I'll be able to take advantage of the benefits membership offers but I want to support the concept of a unified clubhouse for all TFC Supporters.

PM me with details and I'll arrange payment.

uncle p
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Dude, this is walking distance to my house. Where exactly is the clubhouse?

denime
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Can we pay monthly?
You know how it is economic turmoil,automotive industry in ass,housing market hurting,it would be nice if can be paid monthly after the initial membership fee of course.:cheers:

adamdz
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
We applaud the effort, even its a place we would not be able to goto on a regular basis. If/when I can I would like to lend a hand to get this thing off the ground (even if I don't become a member).

reggie
03-09-2009, 12:07 PM
i'm in...can you pm me with the details,payment,need help,etc...

FreekAce
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
sounds pretty cool, theres one that some dutch team has next to their stadium, its pretty awesome and would allow for a good place to watch away games

yeah they had a good time with that until the boys from Rotterdam burned it to the ground....dont think we have to worry about that though...driving distances are way to big for bonfires.

and mike saying he's unaffiliated is a load of bollocks

i know for a fact he loves the HSH.

denime
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
and mike saying he's unaffiliated is a load of bollocks

i know for a fact he loves the HSH.

:smilielol5:

uncle p
03-09-2009, 12:38 PM
p.s Im very interested in being a member

FluSH
03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
As a general rule, we don't censor any posts, unless of course they are hateful/trolling/bigoted, etc. If people over there don't agree with something that is posted, they'll usually make it well known, or completely ignore it (depending on the post). If things get really out of hand, it is usually locked.

While I don't agree with the post in question - and knowing the poster, I know it's a bit of a joke since I've seen him at Shoeless a few times (not to mention in your year-end video in two different segments) - I'm not going to censor him because of it.

Those of you who post or lurk over there know that I tend to speak up when anti-SG sentiment gets too stupid over there, but I'll almost always leave the posts intact as I don't feel hiding from it is the best course of action. I even do this when the target is U-Sector itself, or myself personally (and there have been some real doozies in both of those categories). The other admins tend to agree with this style of moderation.

That said, I think you guys are focusing way too much on that one, single post in a currently 14-page thread.

Besides, it was clarified later on in the thread that the actual rule is:

http://icons-p2.imeem.com/e360YjV0.jpg

:drinking:

Thanks for the clarification Rudi... all the best... This will be groundbreaking and probably a first for Futbol in Toronto!

guelphguy1965
03-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Congrats on taking on this ambitious project...if I lived in T.O I would be in for sure, but I will have to settle for away games at Shakey's in Guelph.

Hey for free beer it might be worth carpooling there once in a while but then we going to miss seeing all them kilts on waitresses at shakey's so I guess staying in Guelph is worth it :D:drinking:

James Oliphant
03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Well done, guys. The timing is shit for me, but I really hope this place thrives. I can think of no reason why it wouldn't.

Section 117
03-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I am definetly in. I live around the corner. Please PM all details

Ben - D.O.W.
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Not trying to be a downer or anything but how would this work with liquor laws? I do love this idea though, just need to decide if it's worth it coming from out of town.

nascarguy
03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
if your coming from out of the toronto area no it's not worth it.
there not selling liquor there only selling the club menbership

Afra
03-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Sweet idea but I am an east end kid. I hope it works out well for you. Let us know when you do the east end version.

Carts
03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Not trying to be a downer or anything but how would this work with liquor laws? I do love this idea though, just need to decide if it's worth it coming from out of town.

I'm not trying to be a downer either, but how will it work with straight out money...?

200 members, dropping (approx.) $344 a person is $68,800...

How can you renovate an area, pay Toronto taxes, hydro, water, natural gas, and purchase and serve beer for 200 people (all you can drink it doesn't say a limit), for 365 days, for $68,800...?

Is the clubhouse open to the public during regular hours who will purchase beer etc, to keep the cash coming in...? Will there be fundraising matches where non-members pay admission etc...?

I'm probably missing something, but if its $200 membership, plus $12 a month ($344 total) and that's all your paying, while drinking and hanging out for 365 - thats one hell of a deal (and I'm sure there's a lot of bar owners that would like to know how its possible)...

Again, not going against or being a downer - just trying to figure out how the math works... I spent more than $350 at the bar in the last 2 weekends combined alone...

I'm all for being a member obviously... :drinking:

Carts...

Kevvv
03-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm not trying to be a downer either, but how will it work with straight out money...?

200 members, dropping (approx.) $344 a person is $68,800...

How can you renovate an area, pay Toronto taxes, hydro, water, natural gas, and purchase and serve beer for 200 people (all you can drink it doesn't say a limit), for 365 days, for $68,800...?

Is the clubhouse open to the public during regular hours who will purchase beer etc, to keep the cash coming in...? Will there be fundraising matches where non-members pay admission etc...?

I'm probably missing something, but if its $200 membership, plus $12 a month ($344 total) and that's all your paying, while drinking and hanging out for 365 - thats one hell of a deal (and I'm sure there's a lot of bar owners that would like to know how its possible)...

Again, not going against or being a downer - just trying to figure out how the math works... I spent more than $350 at the bar in the last 2 weekends combined alone...

I'm all for being a member obviously... :drinking:

Carts...

Maybe it's subsidised by people selling you timeshare properties?

djking2
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Don't worry my friend, we've got a very complicated Excel spreadsheet that does all the calculating for us so if demand is higher than is expected, we make a few adjustments and it's accounted for.

You're starting with $48,000.00 (200*$240) and providing a location, multiple TVs, 24hrs and free beer eh? Fuck the club I want that spreadhseet.

Kevvv
03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Since this has been posted on U-Sectors board since August, I'm surprised that 200 people haven't signed up yet.

TicTacTabarnack
03-09-2009, 03:44 PM
You're starting with $48,000.00 (200*$240) and providing a location, multiple TVs, 24hrs and free beer eh? Fuck the club I want that spreadhseet.

I can see that covering start-up costs with the donation of time and help.
200*12= $2400/month ... not sure that will cover a triple net lease in the King/Dufferin area.

What's the break-even amount of members to cover fixed costs?
lease, taxes, heat, hydro, insurance, etc.... let alone beer.
I'd pay for beer worst case scenario, but then we run into liquor license problems of this no longer being a "private club" (any lawyers out there that can confirm?)

- Tabarnack

Rudi
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Since this has been posted on U-Sectors board since August, I'm surprised that 200 people haven't signed up yet.
It was only confirmed 4 days ago. Everything up to that point was just discussion.

Kevvv
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
200*12= $2400/month ... not sure that will cover a triple net lease in the King/Dufferin area.

I think it's Dufferin & Lawrence.

It was only confirmed 4 days ago. Everything up to that point was just discussion.

Fair enough.

nascarguy
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM

What's the break-even amount of members to cover fixed costs?
lease, taxes, heat, hydro, insurance, etc.... let alone beer.
I'd pay for beer worst case scenario, but then we run into liquor license problems of this no longer being a "private club" (any lawyers out there that can confirm?)

- Tabarnack
yeah i think the city will find a way to close this place down..

TicTacTabarnack
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
yeah i think the city will find a way to close this place down..

nah ... there's many private clubs in TO. It's just a question of meeting our legal obligations. I can sense we'll have 1 city official looking to frequent the Clubhouse on several occasions!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1157/1466095848_cb3d88eff8.jpg?v=0

Mojo
03-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Technically if its classified as a bar where you sell liquor to certain patrons, you aren't allowed to give free liquor to others. It would have to be a fully private members club based on my understanding.

I have my smartserve, and I know you can't offer free alcohol to customers, but I'm not sure about fully private establishments.

Mojo
03-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Technically if its classified as a bar where you sell liquor to certain patrons, you aren't allowed to give free liquor to others. It would have to be a fully private members club based on my understanding.

I have my smartserve, and I know you can't offer free alcohol to customers, but I'm not sure about fully private establishments.

You'll also need to apply for a liquor license based on where your club is, which I'm almost certain won't be granted to you because of what you're explaining here.

Hate to be a downer, but I just don't think you'll be running for very long :( If you made it a true bar instead of a members club, you'd have much more success.

celt-nick
03-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Some "clubhouses" throughout the city use "donation cards". $20 gets you a card that is good for 5 drinks - gets stamped everytime you get a drink.....don't know how legal it is but they've been running for years.

djking2
03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Assume you have a clubhouse that will seat the 200 members

17 away games * 200 members *$10.00 beer @ cost = $34,000.00
17home games * 100 members *$10.00 beer @ cost = $17,000.00

$48,000.00-$34,000.00-$17,000.00=(-$3000.00)

That's just game days. 10 bucks worth of beer is a joke on game day, even at cost. Half house on home games is an assumption but a full house on away games is a lock.

So based on operating only 34 days you're already 3 grand over budget and with no place, no TV, no tables, no chairs and before it's over no beer.

On the other hand a supporters club establishment is a good idea. If you were to back off on the wacko sales pitch long enough to really let the idea grow some legs, something interesting could happen

TicTacTabarnack
03-09-2009, 04:36 PM
On the other hand a supporters club establishment is a good idea. If you were to back off on the wacko sales pitch long enough to really let the idea grow some legs, something interesting could happen

Completely agree ... This is entirely possible. It's just a question of double checking the financial viability of making this happen!

We might want to start small before offering free beer. It's also best to be conservative where this can grow into potentially buying a place near-by.

Examples for future goal:
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx...pertyId=7943789 (http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=7943789)
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx...pertyId=8035489 (http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8035489)
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx...pertyId=8030874 (http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8030874)

We can definitely work towards a scaled-back business club à la National Club (http://www.thenationalclub.com)

- We can offer rooms to visiting TFC supporters that are members of the club at member pricing (not only for just game days) to start.
- There's also plenty of other benefits we can work towards.

-Tabarnack!

cy43
03-09-2009, 04:38 PM

=IF(Cost>(344*200),"No more Beer","All Beer is Free")

I see what you're up to.

Stryker
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
My prediction is pissed off neighbours and falling property values.
Someone was fool enough to rent their property on this premise?

denime
03-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Instead of assuming how much will cost and all other details,guys don't be so lazy go to his original thread at U-Sector(don't worry they don't bite) and read it.He has some details there that might help us to understand better.

READ MORE !! (http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=7712&st=0) :drinking:

So to recap, for an anticipated approximate cumulative total of $264 a year per member you will have round the clock, 24 hour a day, 365 days a year access to a kickass members only clubhouse that will always have a variety of free, clean, cold draught beer for it's members, multiple televisions, some of which glorious large screen HD LCDs, with Setanta, GolTV, FSWC, and every other channel that broadcasts football regardless of language, a few computers with unlimited high-speed internet access, a pool table and poker table, couches, tables, chairs, etc., and it's own mini-pitch and net for PK practice and fucking around. It's also got a boys and grrls washrooms, more than ample parking, and wicked TTC and highway access.

alexintoronto
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
on the right somewhere:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3553/3342727184_e99a8b8684_o.jpg

RedWookie
03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
If people can pull this off im all for it

***Edit***

Sorry, missed the one from Rudi

Boris
03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Hmmm, if its true about the U-sector only thing (which it sounds like its not) there could be some problems when other supporters showed up and nobody wants that.

But hey, if people can pull this off im all for it

thats clearly not the case as pointed out by Rudi.

read the complete thread and the thread over at usector.
focusing on what one person said is the type of things that cause people around here to look u sector differently when in reality, we are all here for the same reason...,

icecoldbeer
03-09-2009, 05:51 PM
=IF(Cost>(344*200),"No more Beer","All Beer is Free")

I see what you're up to.

hahahaha

Kevvv
03-09-2009, 06:09 PM
on the right somewhere:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3553/3342727184_e99a8b8684_o.jpg

I've seen pictures of UFO's landing on top of the Loch Ness monster that are in sharper focus.

:D

alexintoronto
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
The picture is in perfect focus - it's the place that's sketchy :D

(jk - it's not really sketchy)

nick.mastro
03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
are you kidding me, this place is not sketchy at all.

right at dufferin and lawrence on dufferin. in the same plaza as the Italian Canadian bank, right across the street from Cammaros/Lady York.
My dad owns the building, and him and his partner will be the ones renting it out to us

nascarguy
03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
The picture is in perfect focus - it's the place that's sketchy :D
not in a good area for a pre-game drinks too far from bmo

alexintoronto
03-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Just kidding about the sketchy part & I'm interested in joining.

FluSH
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
are you kidding me, this place is not sketchy at all.

right at dufferin and lawrence on dufferin. in the same plaza as the Italian Canadian bank, right across the street from Cammaros/Lady York.
My dad owns the building, and him and his partner will be the ones renting it out to us

can we paint banners on the roof!

Parkdale
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
^ I'm sure he was just joking with you.

Personally, I'm too far away from there to merit a membership, but if there's a single pay-to-play pass for a day, I'll make the trek.

Marco2K
03-09-2009, 07:48 PM
It is a good location.

$2.75 on the 29 dufferin bus and u are at BMO in 20 mins!

denime
03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh,boy this is 3 minutes walk from my house.this is getting more and more interesting.

nascarguy
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
It is a good location.

$2.75 on the 29 dufferin bus and u are at BMO in 20 mins!
no it's too far if you have to take a bus for 20mins it's too far... but it sound to be a great plan if you live in the area

The Oz
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I think that, if you get all the red tape and spreadsheets figured out, would be an amazing idea where members of all SG could hang out together before and after home matches. And seeing as this isn't more than a 10-15min walk from my house I'm excited. But I have two questions; 200+ people (as there is lots of buzz here as well as the hype that's already been created at USector) in one place, all drinking free beer, may be a recipe for distaster. ESEPCIALLY when the beer runs out. I don't know how big the place is but I hope it can accomodate everyone. Also second SOME members who may be underage may enjoy this idea of meeting other fans and board posters but wonder about the leagality of their presence in such a fine establishment. :noidea:

Oz

The Oz
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Also one last thing, is this on the west side of the street close to the IC bank or the east side close to lady york?

nascarguy
03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
yeah every game bmo runs out of beer

RedWookie
03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
^
reason #7 for why I love Canada

renda-10
03-09-2009, 09:21 PM
If you guys are looking for any tvs or anything for the club house come see me at Future Shop in ajax and i can help a fellow RPB with pricing

Kevvv
03-09-2009, 09:31 PM
yeah every game bmo runs out of beer

I think they don't want you drinking...or you're missing last call... my section always has cold Carlsberg on tap.

Waggy
03-09-2009, 09:55 PM
If this comes to pass, this is AWESOME. I'm absolutely interested in a TFC clubhouse around the corner from me! Free beer? Don't mind if I do!! lol. In seriousness though, just a place to watch some of the better matches (don't have Sentana, Fox Sports, or even Gol TV or Bold) thats a 2 min drive is unreal. And well worth the annual fee

Bluenose13
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
If you guys are looking for any tvs or anything for the club house come see me at Future Shop in ajax and i can help a fellow TFC supporter with pricingFixed your post :D

FluSH
03-09-2009, 10:00 PM
If you guys are looking for any tvs or anything for the club house come see me at Future Shop in ajax and i can help a fellow RPB with pricing

wooo7

I am from the DURHAAMS... Ajax.

We need 2 way radios aka walkie talkies... for chants / roadtrips / and such... any help :D

FluSH
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Fixed your post :D

lol now it's going to get costly for renda... which in 2 months will be top sales person at Futureshop.

renda-10
03-09-2009, 10:04 PM
wooo7

I am from the DURHAAMS... Ajax.

We need 2 way radios aka walkie talkies... for chants / roadtrips / and such... any help :D
Ya hop on the future shop website and tell me what one your looking at and i can get you a price

Fixed your post :D
Thanks bud

FluSH
03-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Ya hop on the future shop website and tell me what one your looking at and i can get you a price

PERFECT... thanks man... will send you a pm

nascarguy
03-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I think they don't want you drinking...or you're missing last call... my section always has cold Carlsberg on tap.
I do not drink that Carlsberg shit. I just hear from the people around me that there is sold out

renda-10
03-09-2009, 10:27 PM
lol now it's going to get costly for renda... which in 2 months will be top sales person at Futureshop.
Thanks lol

uncle p
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
ok, i just saw where this is and i can walk there in 5 mins. Dufferin bus straight to BMO in 25 mins, where do i sign up?

Please PM me details......I will skim through the 20 page U-Sec thread for info

RedWookie
03-09-2009, 10:58 PM

get me a deal on a 1TB externaal HD?:D pretty please with a cherry on top?

renda-10
03-09-2009, 11:04 PM
get me a deal on a 1TB externaal HD?:D pretty please with a cherry on top?
What one are you looking for and how would i get it to you?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-09-2009, 11:18 PM
gotta say its a bit far for me too, great idea none the less and kudos to whoevers old man is renting it out to them

uncle p
03-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Also one last thing, is this on the west side of the street close to the IC bank or the east side close to lady york?

Its on the west side sandwiched between the Italian bank and Mr. Sub

Cashcleaner
03-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Great idea, though I just hope the numbers can play out for everyone. A Supporters Clubhouse in Toronto should be doable, though let's remember what property taxes and liquor laws are like here.

ThisIsAnfield
03-10-2009, 03:28 AM
(Not sure what the difference between a reply and a quick reply is, but hopefully this works!)

FAO TFC Niagara: I appreciate your concern, but don't appreciate the unneccessary shit disturbing between groups.lol ;) As most of the gentlemen that posted in response to yours demonstrated, it's completely inconsequential what one wiseguy thinks. Even if said wiseguy is making a joke you or anyone else may have missed. In his defence, the guy that posted that is top class and, as I said, only joking. He socializes with many of the guys from other groups, like the majority of us. I can't quite put my finger on it right now, but there is a word for people who make generalizations about a large group of individuals having never made the accquaintance of more than 90% of them.lol ;)

What I'd recommend, while you're over there on the U-Sector board, is introducing yourself. Play well with others like the rest of us. The NEE guys and the 114 Ultras as well perhaps. Just stay away from the Westside Casuals. I've heard horrible things about those baby eating bastards. ;) (See how it works?lol)

As many of us are more than aware, the so-called animosity between groups is a thing of myth. It exists because in the back of tweens minds, it would be cool to have rival factions. The same tweens that watch Football Factories, fall into Frodo Hooligaggins key demographic, and own at least one Hannah Montana album or movie. Basically, if you believe in ill sentiments between the different supporter groups, you "get" the Jonas Brothers and probably aren't old enough to drink anyway. :D

That being said, I have pointed out that I am not a card-carrying member of any group but would like to think I am a welcome participant in anything TFC. Just as any classy individual that is interested in the clubhouse may join. All are welcome in the club, just as they are to support TFC, and call this mulitcultural melting-pot that is Toronto home.

We have been analysing costs closely now that more of them pertaining to the lease and utilities are becoming clear and apparent. The original #'s may rise, but likely not by an amount that would make anyone that considered the initial estimates reasonable become uninterested. As I keep banging on about, it's all about inclusion and accessibility, and that means affordability!

We are still working on executable policies regarding visitors/guests and will have that sorted out soon. Security concerns are being addressed and I just want to assure everyone that the respect all members will have for each other and the location itself will reflect in the operation of the club. A few people were concerned a member would go in alone and make off with a TV or something. Despite myself being convinced that sort of behaviour would never be an issue because of the group of individuals making this happen and getting invloved, there is a security and monitoring system and it would be impossible for someone not to get caught if they tried.

Anyway, I am amazed at the continued show of interest and support. Unfortunately, we will need to stop taking interested members soon as we are almost at the mark and interested parties need to be able to invite a friend, which will no longer be possible for all unfortunately. We need to formalise membership soon so no one is dissappointed.

Then we can begin work on the next location! :D

Keep on getting interested, keep on making suggestions and asking questions, and, of course, keep on trucking. I will be a little busy today spending some quality time with the Kings of Europe, but I will try and respond to everyone if I get the chance.

Keystone FC
03-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Late posting this but I love the idea of a clubhouse like this for several reasons but for one paticular.
This would be a place for someone, like me, who is not in the Toronto area, or even Canada, to come in and immediately link up with other supporters. This would be 'homebase' for meet ups and get togethers.
I like this idea alot even if I would only be able to attend a few times a year.

Mark in Ottawa
03-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Sorry to be a downer but... Have you checked the legal implications of all this?

Liquor licensing as Private club vs special occaision permit vs licensed retail outlet?
Enforcement of liquor consumption laws vis a vis underagers or over imbibing?
Insurance implications for location &/or behaviour of patrons?
City zoning laws re location of such an establishment, if even permitted?

Sounds like a great idea but I am just not sure how it would fly given the Province of Ontario laws as they currently stand.

Suds
03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
That being said, I have pointed out that I am not a card-carrying member of any group but would like to think I am a welcome participant in anything TFC. Just as any classy individual that is interested in the clubhouse may join. All are welcome in the club, just as they are to support TFC, and call this mulitcultural melting-pot that is Toronto home.

Sounds great.

Unfortunately my TFC and general footy budget is spoken for this year so I will not be able to jump on board.

Best of luck with this!!

mike_bouma
03-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Let me know when you guys are ready to buy a place. I'd be glad to help out, write up the paperwork, etc.

Section 117
03-10-2009, 10:39 AM
If you need any assistance placing the insurance on the location let me know. As I can do it for you or if you have any questions about the insurance end no problem.

Just PM me and we can talk about this

nascarguy
03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
If you need any assistance placing the insurance on the location let me know. As I can do it for you or if you have any questions about the insurance end no problem.

Just PM me and we can talk about this
this is good to know just off hand how much could the insurance cost

EENIE MAN
03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
this is great ! def. intrested , me and a few mates. how many members so far? is the venue avabile for a "meeting of minds"? how can i help? i am a carpenter. i also have some fund-raising ideas. pls PM me , i am a new member on this forum , i am a 3rd year running season ticket holder in sect. 120 , row 4 , and LOVE TorontoFC!

ThisIsAnfield
03-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Hello again gentlemen. Thanks for all the support and a special thanks to all the Juande Ramos' of the world that think certain things can't be done. ;)

I appreciate those of you who have taken the time to read the info in the other sources it's available from. I can't stand seeing the same question over and over again and it's a welcome relief when people take the time to find their answer elsewhere as it is almost certainly answered already.

Thanks to Rudi for clearing up a lot of confusion as well.

All I can assert is that it will be down on Earth as it is in TFC supporter heaven. Take my word for it.

The concerns about LLBO authority and the cost of beer are COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED. I appreciate that you may have a preconception of the way life works, but I can assure you most definitely that if I spent any of my time concentrating on conforming I would not be in the place I am. That in mind, all legal wrangles were proposed, defined, qualified, discussed, and systematically worked around and eliminated in the early stages of the planning process. We still have a lawyer and he is still making certain we stay off the radar.

That being said, we would come under a watchful eye if some naysayer were to report their misconceptions of what was going on in the clubhouse. I don't doubt for a second that some vajajay that thinks this isn't going to work and is hurt and dismayed when it inevidibly does will try and be a part of that and thankfully the person who does so will be named in the disclosure provided by the crown and will be dealt with accordingly, so if you are a shithead in disguise, don't get any ideas. You will be outed.

Whatever great pricing info. you think you know for 50L kegs, whatever laws you think you may know about acquisition and distribution, and whatever you think you may know about service, I promise you you have no clue how well-connected and downright lucky we are on this front. Honestly, everything you think you know about beer you can forget. We live in a world dominated by Belgians (owner of Labatts) and the Beer Store itself (owner of Molson) and I don't see how any of you would confuse the fact that those people do not have our best interests at heart and would obviously have absolutely nothing to do with this endeavour. That would be like asking the UM02 to help us set the fucking thing up. Suck their dick if you want, I'm Canadian and love to drink beer and will have nothing to do with them. Unfortunately I have to buy my beer from the Ontario government like the rest of us, but I'd be damned if I sold out the clubhouse to the same fate. It's all about circumventing the evils, gentlemen.

Many of the kinks are still being worked out obviously, but if you have faith you will be part of something special. Let the also-rans try and get in when we look at expansion.

Now that Freek has outed me, I guess I should confess that yes, I am in fact all about the HSH. I've been lobbying for the position of semi-retarded looking dude in the front of the photos this year to replace the guy from the last 2 seasons. I could use your support. Go to www.MakeMiketheHSHMuppet.com (http://www.MakeMiketheHSHMuppet.com) :D (just kidding, don't click that link)

All right guys, great work, thanks for the support and I will keep everyone posted on any updates and when we can start taking payments to secure membership. Anyone that has requested a PM, I'm sorry for not doing so as yet, but I will when I have the time and an answer to your question or comment.

I apologize if I ever come across as negative in tone or personality, I can assure you I am anything but, I am just so damned tired right now that I'm a little short on pleasantries.

How 'bout them Kings of Europe today? :D

nascarguy
03-11-2009, 06:40 AM
yeah yesterday i was talk with a bar owner about this idea. He said he hope you know what kind of trouble you could get your seft in and he wish you good luck.

it's a good that you have a lawyer

RedWookie
03-11-2009, 06:42 AM
All the best, like a few others here, I would be interested in a "one day pass" sorta thing as I GObus my way into T-dot

cy43
03-11-2009, 07:10 AM
It’s not really unreasonable to expect that people are skeptical of this idea. *You are essentially promising a Television haven, fully stocked with an unlimited supply of beer that is completely 100% legal, for less than a dollar a day per member, capped at 200. Then in addition, to address the obvious concerns of your target market you say reassuring things like, “Do you think I’d let myself down? Let alone other people”* Okay, sure… I don’t know you at all, so my answer is, I don’t know? *To address the legal concerns the answer was “We hired a lawyer and all angles are covered” Okay again, it might ease some of the questions if you cited how you were going to circumvent the laws of the province and the city.**That being said, I think it’s a good idea if you can overcome the challenges that face you. *I just don’t see how you can be frustrated at people who are simply looking for answers to how this is possible. *Most of us have been raised with enough common sense to realize that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. *If I’m going to lay down $300ish, I’m doing my due diligence to make sure its worth it. **Sorry, I don’t know you well enough to take a flyer on you.

ayetherock2010
03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Mike my good man i love it....joined the facebook group and cant wait to see the whole thing hit the ground.

Ajax is with you...come on columbus

Bluenose13
03-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Mike my good man i love it....joined the facebook group and cant wait to see the whole thing hit the ground.

Ajax is with you...come on columbusYou should check out this thread if you haven't already.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10054

Whoop
03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
All the power to you Mike.

I might drop once in a while as I can walk there.

wzhxvy
03-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I hope this works, in a legal and transparent way. I am not sure I appreciate the not so subtle threats about people who "out this". You guys should do this the right way, where you are not making threats because that will invite trouble and is a reflection on you, more than anyone else.One thing I know...trust but verify.

Chevy
03-12-2009, 10:20 AM
It’s not really unreasonable to expect that people are skeptical of this idea. *You are essentially promising a Television haven, fully stocked with an unlimited supply of beer that is completely 100% legal, for less than a dollar a day per member, capped at 200. Then in addition, to address the obvious concerns of your target market you say reassuring things like, “Do you think I’d let myself down? Let alone other people”* Okay, sure… I don’t know you at all, so my answer is, I don’t know? *To address the legal concerns the answer was “We hired a lawyer and all angles are covered” Okay again, it might ease some of the questions if you cited how you were going to circumvent the laws of the province and the city.**That being said, I think it’s a good idea if you can overcome the challenges that face you. *I just don’t see how you can be frustrated at people who are simply looking for answers to how this is possible. *Most of us have been raised with enough common sense to realize that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. *If I’m going to lay down $300ish, I’m doing my due diligence to make sure its worth it. **Sorry, I don’t know you well enough to take a flyer on you.

Sounds very interesting, but with annual revenues of around $60k (200 members x $300) it would be difficult (IMO) to just get it staffed, pay rent and keep the lights on.

Also IMO, you need to publish some sort of business plan to your intented target audience/investors or you're asking for trouble.

Scorpio
04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I think in general terms, the concept is a good one and I would suggest at this point is that since theres seems to be enough interest out here, we solicit and collect enough funds (guestimating between $5-$10k to start) to hire a lawyer and accountant to review our proposal and advise us of "if" and "how" we proceed.

Having thrown this out, is there still an interest to pursue this? How do we go about fund raising?

gmacpheetfc
04-07-2009, 10:24 PM
what is going on with this??

Lennon
04-07-2009, 11:06 PM
This sounds amazing ... I'm 100% in if you're still excepting memberships ...

Kevvv
04-07-2009, 11:17 PM
what is going on with this??

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=7712&st=255