PDA

View Full Version : Goals and reaction on Toronto FC TV

redrocket08
03-08-2009, 09:09 AM
The TFC goals from the win over Charleston and reaction from J.C. and Rohan Ricketts are now on the video player. Enjoy!

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

olegunnar
03-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Interesting the winner came from a goal kick.

dupont
03-08-2009, 09:43 AM
That was some really nice speed on the run into the corner to set up the ricketts goal.
Did they say it was Ibrahim?

Pachuco
03-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah Ibbey outran two guys, pushed a guy off the ball and passed it back to Ricketts. Ibbey deserves lots of credit for that one.

rocker
03-08-2009, 10:33 AM
who's the guy who heads it to Ibby ? is that ricketts?

Stryker
03-08-2009, 10:33 AM
During Rohanns interview the guys were walkin by givin him a hard time all decked out in TFC gear with TFC packpacks. This is a happy team who really like each other and are glad to be here. So awesome.

rocker
03-08-2009, 10:38 AM
ya.. that look on Sutton's eyes is hilarious... the Winsper grabs Rohan's head.. haha

Alarius
03-08-2009, 10:52 AM
ya.. that look on Sutton's eyes is hilarious... the Winsper grabs Rohan's head.. haha

I think that was Velez not Winsper..

edit: nope im wrong

akoto
03-08-2009, 10:54 AM
wasnt Velez! Rocker is right I think.

akoto
03-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I really appreciate what out FO is doing for us A/V wise. I don't know of any other team in the league that would go to these lengths to provide us with a webcast of a preseason game and to have the highlights and interviews up so quickly. Good job guys. Thanks again.

redrocket08
03-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Game in 6 minutes is now also up
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=418

Blizzard
03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
I really appreciate what out FO is doing for us A/V wise. I don't know of any other team in the league that would go to these lengths to provide us with a webcast of a preseason game and to have the highlights and interviews up so quickly. Good job guys. Thanks again.

Agreed. They really busted their butts and deserve great thanks plus congratulations.

The more we appreciate it, the more will we'll see in the future.

rocker
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Game in 6 minutes is now also up
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=418

now that's cool.. just what i needed on this boring sunday

jloome
03-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Check out the replay on Serioux's first foul. It was outside the box.

rocker
03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
one thing about the Battery, their players were really light on their feet. Serioux just grabs a little bit, and the guy goes down in a heap.. I'm sure he was looking for that contact and played it up a bit, while serioux probably thought it was outside the box and at worst he'd be giving away a free kick. I counted about 6-7 other such instances during the game.

BFin
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Cheers to DeRo for showing up yesterday.
Love his effort.

Adrian Serioux was meh. Forget the red card, stop giving the ball away.

Edit: Ibby grew up and started pushing people around.

Jack
03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Man...DeRo's finish is something we've been lacking. Just squeeze it by the keeper. Take your chances when you get them! Buddle, Cunny and Barrett could all learn something from that.

Also, I must say we look much more dangerous offensively...

This season is going to be a lot more fun to watch...hopefully we get Christianval in and shore up the backline.

ExiledRed
03-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Man...DeRo's finish is something we've been lacking. Just squeeze it by the keeper. Take your chances when you get them! Buddle, Cunny and Barrett could all learn something from that.

Also, I must say we look much more dangerous offensively...

This season is going to be a lot more fun to watch...hopefully we get Christianval in and shore up the backline.

Danny would have poked that one in too, hope we get to see him this week.

Jeff s
03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I must say I was not impressed with the performance. Thankfully its just preseason, but that sort of play better not carry on.

Where was the possession? We just kick the ball down pfff I hate that. If your gonna do that, at least put Dichio who can win headers and hold down the play.

This team can be such a good passing team, to bad they prefer to play a stupid way. Keep possession, take your time on the attack, find players in open spaces and make your opponents tired. Jeez, no need to rush things.

At least we pressured the ball well.

rocker
03-08-2009, 02:06 PM
you're being sarcastic right???

BleedRed
03-08-2009, 02:17 PM
LMAO? was jeff watching the same game? TFC totally outclassed Charleston even with a man down. It wasn't perfect, but I'm pretty satisfied with that performance as it is pretty much their first game together with Serioux and all.

Flipityflu
03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
maybe you were watching the RSL/DCU match Jeff.

Jeff s
03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
lol are you guys serious?

was I the only one seeing tfc just hitting it down and giving away possession? Against a lower league side, I found the possession really poor. Like I said before, everything else was okay. Just thought we should've kept the ball better. we seemed to rush and force plays at times.

Pigfynn
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
That was the most possesion driven game in our short history. 70% of the passes were square or backwards. It actually started to bug me a bit, but I know it's what we need to do in order to properly play with the players we have.

Don't know what you saw Jeff s, but the game I watched was very controlled for TFC.

Jeff s
03-08-2009, 04:34 PM
meh, we all have different opinions. lol.

rocker
03-08-2009, 11:15 PM
meh, we all have different opinions. lol.

it's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact that TFC controlled possession for most of the game, particularly when they were a man down.
even the commentator made that point in the second half -- how TFC were controlling possession.

they really didn't kick the ball in the air downfield much at all. Instead, they played the ball on the ground probably 70-80% of the time. It was shocking to me, actually, how well they did that.

Maybe you watched the 6-minute replay version? cuz that's very different than watchin the whole match.

Shakes McQueen
03-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I was sort of disappointed to hear Ricketts admit that he essentially looked at the ground, and fired blindly at the net on his goal. A goal is a goal at the end of the day, but I like to know that our attacking players are trying to place shots in good places, not just spraying and praying.

DeRo's finish was great, however. I can think of three games last season we would have won or drawn, if our forwards could have finished breakaways with that kind of cool touch. A game we lost on the road to Chivas, in particular.

- Scott

noochie
03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
That seems to be the North American game, there aren't many teams who control possession for long spells. It is more quick passes and long balls.