PDA

View Full Version : Three cheers...

jloome
03-07-2009, 10:06 PM
...to the TFC crew and the Battery for getting the webcast put together. Top-class fan service, ladies and gents.

Nuvinho
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I agree!! I don't think any other MLS FO does this for its fans.

Jack
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Excellent work.

A nice last-minute surprise and great stuff by Claudio to get his butt down there and make it happen!

TFC 420
03-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Excell effort!

Now make sure the video doesn't go down next time!

please

Brooker
03-07-2009, 10:09 PM
does that mean shoeless is back on?

manic.street.preacher
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
hip hip hoorah! ... well done folks, truly appreciated!

ExiledRed
03-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Yes, I didn't realise we were actually going to get a feed until late, and it made my evening, despite the problems at the end.

The commentator was entertaining, the feed was good enough, and I enjoyed seeing the lads out there.

thanks.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Bravo & thanks.

Stryker
03-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks a bunch to the people with the team who put that together.
You guys are awesome.

Carter
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
does that mean shoeless is back on?

Will be creating a thread tomorrow about this, need to iron out some details first.

Thanks Claudio and Paul (i never once doubted you) :D

Shakes McQueen
03-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Major props for taking care of us fans.

- Scott

Dunkers
03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Great work Paul B and company, im sure this did not happen without a fair number of problems, but you guys have done a great job to overcome this, for our enjoyment, and it is greatly appriciated

adamdz
03-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I would rather be in Charleston having 3 beers :(. Great work by all parties involved.

James17930
03-07-2009, 10:39 PM
And it works in Taiwan too! :D

TheRenter
03-07-2009, 10:53 PM
big up!

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-07-2009, 11:21 PM
YES thank u. I was so happy when i got the feed,it was a good game and i think we played better when we were a man down.

flatpicker
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
so... who won?

:hide:

I just got in from work....

The Pope
03-07-2009, 11:27 PM
3 more cheers to the King for representing the anthem again so well

There's only one KD :canada:

adamdz
03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
so... who won?

:hide:

I just got in from work....

TFC 2-1, we were a man down after Serioux got his 2nd yellow. 2nd goal came with 10, unfortunately webcast went down, and all we heard was the announcer for that goal :(. TFC goals by Dero and Ricketts I believe.

jloome
03-07-2009, 11:41 PM
TFC 2-1, we were a man down after Serioux got his 2nd yellow. 2nd goal came with 10, unfortunately webcast went down, and all we heard was the announcer for that goal :(. TFC goals by Dero and Ricketts I believe.

Can't wait to see the highlights of that Ricketts goal. Sounded like a curler from the top corner of the box.

Blizzard
03-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Will be creating a thread tomorrow about this, need to iron out some details first.

I've heard that game highlights and interviews will be up soon.

FluSH
03-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Aslo to TV Azteca for lending their cameras and equip...

loconet
03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Yup, to everyone involved. Thank you! Great job.

I thought the commentator did a fantastic job as well. Where is he from? Can the score replace all of their commentating staff with _just_ him?

Sid
03-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Great Game for Toronto fc and Dero Did great in the First min

rocker
03-08-2009, 12:34 PM
i believe he's the Battery's regular play by play guy. He did Charleston Cup games either last year or the year before, I forget. but I remember his voice. One thing about his style is that he notices little things on the pitch, like when a guy gives a funny look after making a pass... so you get some of the greater context of what's going on between players... rather than "he passes the ball".

Derko
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Thank-you to all involved in making the webcast possible.

GlenM
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM

WOW, cool...

I hope the webcast is on again for the Wed & Sat game.

That would be cool if we can get both of them at Joe's.

I would definitely be interested in Sat for sure.

Everyone, please post updats if you here about the next 2 games (webcast) at Joe's.

The TFC TV highlights were pretty good,

DeRo is going to be the bomb!

Thanks,

GlenM

Marco2K
03-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks to paul and the TFC crew.

AWESOME

Mark in Ottawa
03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks to all involved with the webcast.
And thanks to Jack for the chat in the message thread. That was great.

Gobi
03-09-2009, 08:42 AM
WTF???
Where was this webcast? The TFC site?
I checked USL Live a couple hours before the match and it said the site was down.
I resigned myself to dealing with no matchcast at all, as per the news on the board, then at the last minute they got it up and running?
Wha???
So Wed. and Sat. at Joe's is back on? Rarrr!!!

JDG
03-09-2009, 09:20 AM
WTF???
I checked USL Live a couple hours before the match and it said the site was down.
I resigned myself to dealing with no matchcast at all, as per the news on the board, then at the last minute they got it up and running?
Wha???

LOL - Gobi that'll teach you to check USLive for news first.
Paul logged on, when he got to Charleston on Friday, to let us know that there would be an audio feed through TFC TV, and that if that failed to materialize, there would be a live blog.
What he didn't tell us at that time, was that Claudio had a plan to get the video streaming. He says he held back on that news, to avoid getting our hopes up.

Roogsy
03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
LOL - Gobi that'll teach you to check USLive for news first.
Paul logged on, when he got to Charleston on Friday, to let us know that there would be an audio feed through TFC TV, and that if that failed to materialize, there would be a live blog.
What he didn't tell us at that time, was that Claudio had a plan to get the video streaming. He says he held back on that news, to avoid getting our hopes up.

Paul was damned either way. Promise something that he couldn't deliver and he'd get roasted. Don't tell us and surprise us at the end and people would miss it because they didn't hear in time. I know I missed it. Can't blame the guy.

mlsintoronto
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
I think we'll be up for Wednesday and Saturday. Probably one camera

mlsintoronto
03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
WTF???
Wha???

I propose a Red Patch Emergency calling chain so that this travesty never happens again! Make sure that Gobi gets called first!

ps I was watching on line... I ain't in charleston.

Roogsy
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
:lol:

Gobi missing it = Travesty.

Roogsy missing it = Who the hell is Roogsy?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-09-2009, 09:45 AM
although i didnt get to watch the game the intentions were noted and appreciated, still not convinced by others who say that MLSE is only in it to grab our money and dont care about the fans

JDG
03-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I propose a Red Patch Emergency calling chain so that this travesty never happens again! Make sure that Gobi gets called first!

My mistake :o, I was told that you were making the trip.

JDG
03-09-2009, 09:48 AM
although i didnt get to watch the game the intentions were noted and appreciated, still not convinced by others who say that MLSE is only in it to grab our money and dont care about the fans

The two aren't mutually exclusive. You can care, and still work for profit.

Daveisonfire
03-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I missed it too, but hip hip hooray for getting it done!

Roogsy
03-09-2009, 09:57 AM
The two aren't mutually exclusive. You can care, and still work for profit.

Agreed.

Some people seem to resent MLSE's goal of profit. I don't get this. That is what they are in business for.

All I ever expect is that in the pursuit of that profit, that they remember who it is that creates the revenue for them.

But I can't agree with those that complain that sports owners have their bottom lines in mind. They'd be idiots if they didn't.

Gobi
03-09-2009, 10:01 AM
:lol:

Gobi missing it = Travesty.

Roogsy missing it = Who the hell is Roogsy?

Hahahaha, c'mon, it ain't like that!

Ok, well at least we know now that the rest of it is covered. Whew.
Way to go, Claudio!

Carter
03-09-2009, 10:08 AM
After a lengthy discussion with Boris and Joe and his wife, we have decided that it will NOT be streamed on Wednesday night, BUT IT WILL BE STREAMED on SATURDAY FOR SURE at Shoeless!

Boris and myself will be there setting it up early afternoon if anyone wants to join us for some pints.. well me haha.

JonO
03-09-2009, 10:20 AM
And the real reason MLSE got the feed working is exposed!

:michael:

Ossington Mental Youth
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Agreed.

Some people seem to resent MLSE's goal of profit. I don't get this. That is what they are in business for.

All I ever expect is that in the pursuit of that profit, that they remember who it is that creates the revenue for them.

But I can't agree with those that complain that sports owners have their bottom lines in mind. They'd be idiots if they didn't.

sayin'