PDA

View Full Version : TFC to sign Philippe Christanval? - Rumour

cougars732
03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
i know its mlsrumors....
and ya they are reallyyyy late on the Maman deal...
but is this a possible signing?
sorry if its been posted

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/03/incoming-souleymane-mamam-philippe.html

T_Mizz
03-07-2009, 12:51 PM
That'd be the CB we so desperately need I hope it happens but I really think we're done for the offseason

DigzTFC!
03-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I can't believe this wasn't talked about earlier. MLS rumors has reported this periodically from anonymous sources over the last few months. It would make sense. Everytime someone is long rumored to be joining the team there is some actual interest (Gomes, Pinto, Serioux, DeRo...)

I think the concern is his history of injuries, but he has taken almost a complete season off. Winsper might have him on a program as an act of good faith between player and club. If this does happen, I'd look to see Velez sent packing as Nana will replace him as the first person off the bench at RB.

----------------Vitti--Barretta----
Ricketts-----Guevara---Robbo-----DeRo
Brennan--Christanval---Serioux---Wynne

The biggest change that goes unnoticed is that guys with talent are on the bench that in past years would have been starters. For instance, Johann Smith would be a starter where clearly he has talent but isn't ready quite yet.

Bluenose13
03-07-2009, 01:04 PM
He has played his entire career at the highest level, a lot of injury concerns over the last couple of years but if healthy he would be an amazing addition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Christanval

Super Cereal
03-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Hmmm, looks good, almost too good to be true.

Injury history is a concern, but he's world class. Seems like the kind of guy that would excel in MLS...

Shway
03-07-2009, 01:10 PM
If this does happen, I'd look to see Velez sent packing as Nana will replace him as the first person off the bench at RB.

Another Velez attack, give the guy a break, the reason why we dont hassle ricketts because he is a community man.

Wait till the season starts, his second season, if he does the same crap, THEN IM WITH YOU!!

but for now..............BE CHAMPIONS!

Daveisonfire
03-07-2009, 01:11 PM
MLS Rumors..........................................

Nuvinho
03-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Is this NEWS or still a rumour?? Shouldn't it be in the other section?

Corpand
03-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I can almost certainly confirm that Christanval will not be coming to Toronto FC. I have no idea about Mamam though.

Pigfynn
03-07-2009, 01:19 PM
^^^how can you confirm this?

TheresOnlyOneDeGuzman
03-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Another Velez attack, give the guy a break, the reason why we dont hassle ricketts because he is a community man.

no, the reason we dont hassle ricketts is because hes one of our better players and hes our only real winger.

Oblio2
03-07-2009, 01:25 PM

Wait till the season starts, his second season, if he does the same crap, THEN IM WITH YOU!!

but for now..............BE CHAMPIONS!

Velez is crap.
RR isnt
There is a difference

Pigfynn
03-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Crap or not, it's almost a guarantee he'll be getting minutes this year so....we will have to deal with it.

Keyman
03-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Velez is the most disposable player we have at the back. Peoples criticisms may be exagerated to the point where he was made a scapegoat, but people do this because he's the weakest player.

Oblio2
03-07-2009, 01:32 PM
He's there, playing to the best of his ability. However, he's over his head. Still, I hope he does well this season

DigzTFC!
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Another Velez attack, give the guy a break,

That wasn't an attack. That was my interpretation of the roster restrictions. Nana is a 20 year old back with promise and Canadian. He is a 28 year old Puerto Rican...why carry three RB on the roster, especially when more roster changes will likely occur to increase depth at other positions. Velez could still be useful, but most likely it will be at another team. Football doesn't always come down to who's good or whose bad.

Shway
03-07-2009, 01:42 PM
^^^fair enough....i never really looked at it that way....
but yea velez is getting paid 60k and nana 36k so yea i agree with you now,
if that is what it comes down to in referring to the roster situation.

But what happens when Wynne in gone?

and Rickkets is good, dont get me wrong, but worth the 200k+ that hes getting......i dont know, i rather have Corey Ashe, for half the price....

DOnt get me wrong i liek rohan rickky!!

Nuvinho
03-07-2009, 01:46 PM
When Wynne is gone, Nana could play back there, so can Serioux, and it seems that they are having Cronin a go at RB. But, If Serioux plays there, then we have a problem again at CB.....hahaha!!! Damn the roster restrictions and salary cap.

Ricko took a pay cut to come back, making $165K. What Ricko will do is attract 2 defenders on the ball, which will open up more space for Guevara and the forward. Remember, he even admitted he hasn't been at full fitness last year. Let's see how things go the first half of this year, before we can say he is worth the money or not.

Jeffro
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I forsee A lot of starting minutes for Nana this year. He's ready.

Bluenose13
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM
The RPB's in Charleston believe they might have seen Phillipe with the team at the airport last night......They will get confirmation today.

Nuvinho
03-07-2009, 01:53 PM
The RPB's in Charleston believe they might have seen Phillipe with the team at the airport last night......They will get confirmation today.

First DD meeting someone at the airport, now the RPBs......hahahaha!!!

Pigfynn
03-07-2009, 01:57 PM

It's sooooooo much better when we have some of our guys with the team who can just tell us what's up eh?

TFCREDNWHITE
03-07-2009, 02:14 PM

SICK!! I hope they pick up Phillipe!!

TFCREDNWHITE
03-07-2009, 02:17 PM
At the end of season 2007/2008 Christanval was released by Fulham and was offered a trial with Premier League club Blackburn Rovers as Christanval was a free agent he would be allowed to join any other club outside the FIFA regulated transfer window

Makes sense...

Oblio2
03-07-2009, 02:43 PM
From 99 to 09 he's only had 170 Games..thats 17 a season....with 80 odd being earlier on in the career. Severely injury ridden.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
How is he gonna like the turf on his legs??

Does anyone know what kind of injuries he has had?? specifics??

Knees? Ankles? Foot?

TFCREDNWHITE
03-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Blackburn passed on him in September....I guess he didn't impress..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4143233,00.html

ginkster88
03-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Man... if he could keep it together for one year.... this season could be legendary.

noochie
03-07-2009, 04:09 PM
This would be a fantastic signing with Harmse as a solid backup if he picks up a knock along the way.

dantdot
03-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I hope it happens but how do they know it wasn't Souleymane? Considering he had braids, I'd say it was him.

(http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10460)

SanStarko
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
How is he gonna like the turf on his legs??

Does anyone know what kind of injuries he has had?? specifics??

Knees? Ankles? Foot?

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2361/philipe_christanval_injury.html

Only has from 2005 till 2007, but he was out with injuries to his knee a few times, so playing on field turf might not work out too well for him.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
^^ Thanks.

Looks like 2007 was a DISASTER of a year for him.......

Pigfynn
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Don't you think if we are going to sign this guy and I do mean IF, we will have him do an extensive medical as well as Paul Winsper's opinion on his fitness and the risks involved? I mean they aren't going to just give the dude the benefit of the doubt just because he played in the Premier league and La liga.

Nuvinho
03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
If they really want him, MLS should sign him to a un-guaranteed contract for $100K, with incentives up to $175K total compensation based on # of games played and if we make the playoffs.

This will allow TFC to dump him, if he doesn't work out. The only thing, can they release an injured player?? That could cause some problems.

Detroit_TFC
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
If they really want him, MLS should sign him to a un-guaranteed contract for $100K, with incentives up to $175K total compensation based on # of games played and if we make the playoffs.

This will allow TFC to dump him, if he doesn't work out. The only thing, can they release an injured player?? That could cause some problems.

I think he could be released if done before the salary guarantee date of July 1.

http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/schedule/important_dates/

TFCREDNWHITE
03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't you think if we are going to sign this guy and I do mean IF, we will have him do an extensive medical as well as Paul Winsper's opinion on his fitness and the risks involved? I mean they aren't going to just give the dude the benefit of the doubt just because he played in the Premier league and La liga.

Well i certainly hope so!..

Don't you think that when he trailed for Celtic, Arsenal and Blackburn that they all had the same interests regarding his health?? Even when he went to Fulham, i'm sure they(Fulham) had their medical staff look at him..

I would say give him a chance, but make sure that you have multiple exit strategies regarding the contract we sign with him....

Shakes McQueen
03-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Sign him to a modest one-year deal, with bonuses contingent on how many games he plays.

What do we have to lose? If Mo has no other signings planned anyway, then it's just money. It'd be worth it, in my opinion, as he would be a rock on the back line, if he stay's healthy.

And if he doesn't, then Carver just goes back to his original plan.

- Scott

jloome
03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Depends how much they're paying Souleymane and Gomez. They only have about $270,000 (or something, it's another thread) left under the cap, so they might have to release somebody to get all three done. I doubt a guy of Christanval's pedigree (injury-riddled or not) would sign here for $100,000. Maybe $200,000 with matching allocation money. Can you match 100% of the salary? I tend to think so.

Carter
03-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Rumor has it, that Philippe Christanval is in SC with the team

gmacpheetfc
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
^source?

rocker
03-07-2009, 10:15 PM
TFC fans said they saw him at the airport when they were comin in.

Carter
03-07-2009, 10:16 PM
^source?
Are RPB's that are there in Charleston and talked to him.. :cool:

Carter
03-07-2009, 10:17 PM
TFC fans said they saw him at the airport when they were comin in.

Yeah, but i had someone talked to him today.. at the pitch.. so he is there with the team... :D

Pigfynn
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
What did he have to say?

DigzTFC!
03-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Seriously? This is important news.

Jack
03-07-2009, 10:22 PM
This is huge.

A former Barcelona player :D

Pigfynn
03-07-2009, 10:25 PM
It is huge because although the Battery wasn't able to cause too many problems tonight, we still looked weak ikn the middle of defence.

DigzTFC!
03-07-2009, 10:31 PM
I thought Harmse did a good job, but I don't think he's a starter. Serioux looked good on the ball but Wynne, Harmse and Serioux collectively need to learn how to play with each other. Positionally they were off.

nimamalek
03-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I thought Harmse did a good job, but I don't think he's a starter. Serioux looked good on the ball but Wynne, Harmse and Serioux collectively need to learn how to play with each other. Positionally they were off.

I thought Harmse played better than Serioux

Daveisonfire
03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Great news...but you don't know how much it pains me inside when I find out MLSR is right about something

rocker
03-08-2009, 12:17 AM
remember that Serioux has barely played at all. he was hurt and dallas only eased him into the lineup right before he was traded. so he's about three weeks or so behind the rest of the team.

the penalty was funny tho, cuz it was so obvious... it was like he did it on purpose just to give Frei a test ;)

tlear
03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Serioux had some good moments, but overall I think Harmse played just a bit better

ExiledRed
03-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Serioux had some good moments, but overall I think Harmse played just a bit better

We won despite Serioux tonight, I hope he learns his lesson before we start the season.

djking2
03-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I take it Serioux is out for Wednesday?

Pigfynn
03-08-2009, 09:01 AM
^ I doubt that's the rule for a pre season tourney

djking2
03-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah maybe not eh?

Stryker
03-08-2009, 10:18 AM
If we signed Christanval and the team stays healhy than we might just take the supporters shield nevermind make the playoffs.

ben_vw
03-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I take it Serioux is out for Wednesday?

Nope. I remember checking DC's twitter messages when Jakovic was sent off and they mentioned that he could start on Wednesday. I'm going to assume that goes for everyone.

Derko
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I thought Serioux looked pretty good, as did Harmse.

rocker
03-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Serioux looked composed most of the time, made some decent passes forward.
The two cards were on plays where Charleston had a guy racing away on the counterattack and Serioux got rambunctious and sloppy. I have a feeling it was just pre-season rust and a realization that this was pre-season and not a real game. Guys can take liberties.

jloome
03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Serioux looked composed most of the time, made some decent passes forward.
The two cards were on plays where Charleston had a guy racing away on the counterattack and Serioux got rambunctious and sloppy. I have a feeling it was just pre-season rust and a realization that this was pre-season and not a real game. Guys can take liberties.

Both were because he was being caught out-of-position constantly, not keeping track of the rest of the line. Very rusty -- like a guy out for most of a year with injury.

Not sure he's going to to be ready for week one. Looked badly out of sync, at least, and we only have a few exhibition games in that time.

Then again, you've got a good point that it's an exhibition. That second, lunging challenge he wouldn't try during a regular season game, and the first was the kind of gamble -- close enough to the edge of the box that the ref won't call it -- that most players wouldn't try in a season game.

Concerned a bit by both his and Harmse's tendencies to stray too far north. A couple of times, we were badly exposed because while playing the trap, either Harmse or Serioux was actually north of the fullback on their side. When your centre half's five yards ahead of Jim Brennan, you've got a fucking problem.

But it's early days and exhibition. Carver said himself the other day that they haven't really done much tactical work yet, so when you factor that in, it was a pretty impressive performance.

The more I think about it, the more surprised I'd be if Christanval signs here, just because he seems against Mo's mold of trying to bring in younger guys or Canadian nats. A fragile guy with 17 games in two-and-a-half seasons doesnt' seem like the norm for him. Maybe it's a trial, ala Kiki, and will end before it even goes anywhere based on contract demands ... who knows.

noochie
03-08-2009, 03:58 PM
The more I think about it, the more surprised I'd be if Christanval signs here, just because he seems against Mo's mold of trying to bring in younger guys or Canadian nats.

This may apply to any other position on the field... but we need experienced CB's, Canadian or not.

dantdot
03-08-2009, 04:04 PM
So this rumor seems busted, at least him being in Charleston, it wasn't him but one of the Gambians.

ginkster88
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Corpand
03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
As I said before, Christanval will not be signing for Toronto FC (or any other MLS team for that matter). If there was ever a time to trust someone on a forum, it would be now.

Just wait until next week the latest though ;)

TFCREDNWHITE
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Why whats happening next week??

Any info you can pass along??

ensco
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
As I said before, Christanval will not be signing for Toronto FC (or any other MLS team for that matter). If there was ever a time to trust someone on a forum, it would be now.

Corpland, internet protocol requires you to provide a hint of some kind as to who it is that you think is coming in.

Pachuco
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Corpland, internet protocol requires you to provide a hint of some kind as to who it is that you think is coming in.

I read that as in he knows what Cristanval is doing, not necessarily that he knows who TFC is signing. Hopefully I'm wrong and he can provide a hint ;)

DOMIN8R
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
http://kicktheballs.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/ear-closeup.jpg?w=106&h=159 (http://dublit.com/stories/the-german-helmet-haircut)

bdiddy
03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I like waffles

jloome
03-10-2009, 04:59 PM

I'd take that as "it's not Christanval, and I know who it is, but wait until next week, you slavering dogs."

Nuvinho
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Don't get why they would wait til next week if they were to bring someone in. Don't they want the player to get some game action before the start of the season?

jloome
03-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Don't get why they would wait til next week if they were to bring someone in. Don't they want the player to get some game action before the start of the season?

The great equalizer in the MLS: League approval. It always takes at least a week once a deal's tenatively done for it to get the rubber stamp.

ensco
03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Forget inside info, what we need is a bunch of wild-ass speculation here.

Allow me to begin. Here is a player that has been capped 56 times for Sweden, but is languishing on Wigan's bench.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Edman

Nuvinho
03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
btw, does anyone know if the Gomez kid is with them? Didn't he have visa issues or something.

Luanda
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Speculation, speculation and more speculation. Let us stop with the bloody teasers!

Corpand
03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
The last time a name was leaked out in the forums, not only was the topic closed but all the people who took part in it got messaged not to spread the word on what the name was. As much as its killing me, its best for all parties that the name remain hidden, at least for a short while longer in case it doesnt pan out.

ensco
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
The last time a name was leaked out in the forums, not only was the topic closed but all the people who took part in it got messaged not to spread the word on what the name was. As much as its killing me, its best for all parties that the name remain hidden, at least for a short while longer in case it doesnt pan out.

No name. Understood.

Sweater number? Nationality? Shoe size?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd take that as "it's not Christanval, and I know who it is, but wait until next week, you slavering dogs."

HAHHA
im with this too
looking forward to seeing who it is, im assuming hes quality as well

Pachuco
03-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Ummm...can you atleast say what country he's coming from? :)

Is he atleast coming from Earth?

DigzTFC!
03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Well since I guessed the player last time, I can understand your position....but your bringing it on yourself by saying anything at all. You could say Dobson says "moves are imminent" or something to that degree. Don't say I have a big juicy secret but only us privileged, inner circle folk can know....

Poor sportsmanship :yellow:

Riddle me this then if you should meet my challenge
1) Has this player been rumored to TFC before?
2) Has he played in MLS before?
3) Is he a free agent?
4) What nationality?

Those are fair questions and I will PM my best guesses

T_Mizz
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Well since I guessed the player last time, I can understand your position....but your bringing it on yourself by saying anything at all. You could say Dobson says "moves are imminent" or something to that degree. Don't say I have a big juicy secret but only us privileged, inner circle folk can know....

Poor sportsmanship :yellow:

Riddle me this then if you should meet my challenge
1) Has this player been rumored to TFC before?
2) Has he played in MLS before?
3) Is he a free agent?
4) What nationality?

Those are fair questions and I will PM my best guesses
Who was the player last time?

DigzTFC!
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't think I can divulge that can I corpand

wzhxvy
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh cmon guys, at least give us a hint...or PM me even and I will take the blame :-)

TorontoBlades
03-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't think I can divulge that can I corpand

hypocrite :cool:

Azerban
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Azerban
03-10-2009, 08:07 PM
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

oh hey look it's a post that's a hundred times more informative and entertaining than this OH I KNOW THIS but I CAN'T SAY IT bullshit

TorontoBlades
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
yeah seriously, if you can't say it, don't say it...at least over and over again

Yohan
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
nobody likes a cocktease

Nuvinho
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Here is my question: Is the player who is supposedly coming in all but done? Is MLS approval all that is needed?

That's all I need to know, and I'll be happy :)

T_Mizz
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Can you say how close it is? and is that a no to who was the last player?

Corpand
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
oh hey look it's a post that's a hundred times more informative and entertaining than this OH I KNOW THIS but I CAN'T SAY IT bullshit

Wow I put that post up to reassure some that Harmse or Velez are NOT who TFC are planning to start their first league game with and I get some major stick for saying so. I guess I should keep my mouth shut next time.
:noidea:

H Bomb
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow I put that post up to reassure some that Harmse or Velez are NOT who TFC are planning to start their first league game with and I get some major stick for saying so. I guess I should keep my mouth shut next time.

with all due respect, i agree with your last sentence.

Azerban
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Mo is looking at filling the biggest hole in our starting lineup. And stating that he's found someone, providing they agree to terms/MLS approves his paperwork/he can get a visa/Venus and Jupiter are in the Twelfth House/the LCBO can get his favourite brand of whiskey/tequila/saki, without being able to add a single other piece of information doesn't mean anything. It's not news. Fit for MLS Rumours, and only maybe. And if something is only barely fit for MLSR...

koryo
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
In all fairness Corp, you did set yourself up for this one.

You know what we're like about player rumours so you shouldn't be surprised at the reaction.

We'll get over it if you will though.

Nuvinho
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I am putting out a name - Samuel Kuffour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Kuffour

DigzTFC!
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
I am putting out a name - Samuel Kuffour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Kuffour

Boom! I think you're on to something. Either that or Conde is available in the trade market if Chi-Town signs Kuffour.

H Bomb
03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
In all fairness Corp, you did set yourself up for this one.

You know what we're like about player rumours so you shouldn't be surprised at the reaction.

We'll get over it if you will though.

screw that, I'm taking this one to the grave :D

Nuvinho
03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Boom! I think you're on to something. Either that or Conde is available in the trade market if Chi-Town signs Kuffour.

but that Kuffour thing to Chicago has been on the wiki for awhile. I remember a few months ago, it was a hot rumour, but died down.

DigzTFC!
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I just want a name at this point. This contract bullshit of signing another CB is going to cost us points the longer it goes one. Serioux is not fit. I just want to talk about possibilities...let me dream.

koryo
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
screw that, I'm taking this one to the grave :D

So you should, supporting a team that gives Lee Bowyer the time of day!

H Bomb
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
yeah it's funny cause the fans blocked his transfer to us three years ago. How far we've fallen.

There's only ONNNNEEEEE Lee Bowyer

koryo
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
yeah it's funny cause the fans blocked his transfer to us three years ago. How far we've fallen.

I've heard he might be our DP. But I can't really tell anyone here :)

Nuvinho
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
off topic.....but could be a player we may look at down the line in the draft (2 to 3 years down the line):

Maryland just recruited a Canadian U-20 player
OLIVIER LACOSTE- LEBUIS
Montreal, Quebec Canada • 6'4" - 175
College de Montreal
http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/031009aab.html

H Bomb
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
oh shit, close the thread!!!

In all honesty I just don't get the need a lot of folks have for useless info. Why is someone they probably know telling them on the internet that someone (a human being) will sign by the end of the week interesting or worthwhile. Especially since we hear that once a week and we don't have 52 players signed. And I also don't get why other people post useless info. Hey everyone, there's a party on friday...not telling you where or when, only that it's gonna happen. things like this go right over my head

koryo
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
^^ before we close this thread, the grapevine says that we're due to have self-correcting, experiental (and possibly pine-scented) turf installed in approximately 1/24th of the ground. The installation will be presided over by an MLSE executive, a witch doctor and a well-known Scottish footballer.

PS: a roofing company truck was spotted passing BMO heading west on Lakeshore twice in the last four months.

Wink wink, nudge nudge...

GeorgeB
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
^^ before we close this thread, the grapevine says that we're due to have self-correcting, experiental (and possibly pine-scented) turf installed in approximately 1/24th of the ground. The installation will be presided over by an MLSE executive, a witch doctor and a well-known Scottish footballer.

PS: a roofing company truck was spotted passing BMO heading west on Lakeshore twice in the last four months.

Wink wink, nudge nudge...we are getting a roof. wow!

H Bomb
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm so tempted to start a "we're getting a roof" thread and use this as reference

H Bomb
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
also the new time style for the previous posts on threads is messing me up as i never know what time it is

Pachuco
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
also the new time style for the previous posts on threads is messing me up as i never know what time it is

haha, was just thinking the same thing

T_Mizz
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
haha, was just thinking the same thing
+(how do you make an infinity sign) Is there any chance of it changing back?

Nuvinho
03-11-2009, 08:06 AM
I think dobson also dropped a hint that someone new player is coming.

DOMIN8R
03-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Corpand posts have a history of being factual. I enjoy his/her posts. If others have a problem with reading them, they can choose not to. You have a choice. Honestly, I don' see why people get so irked over something that they have control over.

Some rumours pan out and some don't. Life goes on, folks.

ensco
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Corpand posts have a history of being factual. I enjoy his/her posts. If others have a problem with reading them, they can choose not to. You have a choice. Honestly, I don' see why people get so irked over something that they have control over.

I think maybe the issue is the self-congratulatory stuff.

Here's my suggestion: post your rumour, everything is time stamped. If your rumour turns out to be true, you can reference it later, and collect your hosannahs then.

Spare everybody the extra bit about how extra plugged-in and generally fantastic you are. If you are that special, it'll be obvious in time.

DOMIN8R
03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I think maybe the issue is the self-congratulatory stuff.

Here's my suggestion: post your rumour, everything is time stamped. If your rumour turns out to be true, you can reference it later, and collect your hosannahs then.

Spare everybody the extra bit about how extra plugged-in and generally fantastic you are. If you are that special, it'll be obvious in time.

Good points.

But is it relevant here? Where is this extra bit you speak of here? Did I miss it? If someone has delusions of grandeur here, I appologize - but I don't see it.

I would rather someone who knows something leak a little bit of information rather than nothing at all. That's all I'm saying. Ohers may not agree and that's cool.

H Bomb
03-11-2009, 10:22 AM

but there is no rumour here. it's posting non information. I'm not angry about it or anything, just seems like a waste of everybodys time