PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Saturday, Mar.07

denime
03-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Mornin'

No TFC news for now.

Vancouver Whitecaps owner likely to be awarded MLS franchise expansion
MATTHEW SEKERES

VANCOUVER -- Barring a last-minute snag, the owner of the Vancouver Whitecaps Football Club will be awarded a Major League Soccer expansion franchise by the end of this month.Two sources requesting anonymity said this week that Greg Kerfoot, the reclusive Vancouver businessman and owner of the Whitecaps, was negotiating the final details of an agreement with MLS commissioner Don Garber.

Read More (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090307.BCSOCCER07/TPStory/National)

Stadium costs trip up Major League Soccer team
by Mark Larabee,PORTLAND NEWS

Negotiations over spending taxpayer money for two sports stadiums have broken down over who would pick up the tab for cost overruns if Major League Soccer comes to town.
Portland city Commissioner Randy Leonard said Friday that team owner Merritt Paulson stormed out of the last session after the sides deadlocked on who would pay if construction went over budget.

Read More (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2009/03/major_league_soccer_talks_brea.html)

Ode to the Impact
Ryan Johnston

The Montreal Impact did not achieve the ultimate goal of winning the CONCACAF Champions League. (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/03/06/impact_eliminated/) But along the way it may have achieved something more important than a six-month Cinderella run: exposure.

I admit; I watched less than 15 minutes of the Impact run due to technical difficulties and my pesky real job. But I spent an inordinate amount of time talking about and answering questions concerning the Montreal team with the fitting moniker. The questions were not coming from soccerphiles, either. The Sportsnet newsroom (where my desk is located) is a bevy of sports talk, generally hockey, but the pucks looked up from their boxscores long enough to find out why the Impact lost and how cool it was to see the Big O bursting at the seams in mid-February.

Read More (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2009/03/06/johnston_impact_ode/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

COED (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/)

Yohan
03-07-2009, 08:16 AM
ssg looks something out of cartoon

Stouffville_RPB
03-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Good morning,

There is no f'n way the SSG is 19! I'm sorry no way. It might be Saturday morning but I'm not stupid.

Cashcleaner
03-07-2009, 08:41 AM
No surprise on the Vancouver front, but unfortunate to hear that Portland is running into stadium problems.

Wait, let me rephrase that. It's unfortunate to hear that yet again a multi-million dollar ownership group (in this case: Shortstop LLC) is meeting with a local government with cap in hand asking for more public money for their proposed stadium.

rocker
03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
the SSG has the face of a troll.

SteeltownBhoy
03-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Coed Girl.....oh My!!!!!

Hustle
03-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Because the SSG's face is so poor, I was looking elsewhere..is that a fishing lure belly button ring? What da F?

Waggy
03-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Great news about Vancouver! Too bad though. As much as I love Steve, Martin now has a chance to turn me against the Nash's. Its still OK to love one of the owner of one of our biggest rivals right? Right???

Shway
03-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Its come to the point where i check the TFC/MLS Daily news, just to see the comments about the sunshine girls.....histerical

a troll ....really? lol

(not looking)

FluSH
03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Good morning,

There is no f'n way the SSG is 19! I'm sorry no way. It might be Saturday morning but I'm not stupid.

ahha more like 49

DOMIN8R
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Its come to the point where i check the TFC/MLS Daily news, just to see the comments about the sunshine girls.....histerical

True. :(I think we need a separate section for the the enthusiasts. :p

CretanBull
03-07-2009, 11:25 AM
ssg looks something out of cartoon

What terrifying cartoons are you watching? :eek:

Bender
03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
things look better for a ottawa/vancouver expansion nearly every week

Nuvinho
03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
If Vancouver and/or Ottawa are to be choosen, the definately under then new CBA - Canadian and US players will be considered as domestic.

s2cazz
03-07-2009, 12:04 PM
man whats with the fugly ssg lately?????

rocker
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
If Vancouver and/or Ottawa are to be choosen, the definately under then new CBA - Canadian and US players will be considered as domestic.

well, I wish it were true, but they would have to circumvent US laws to do it (and probably the wrath of the USSF).

devioustrevor
03-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Well, she lists one of her hobbies as tanning. No wonder that supposed 19 year old looks like a hard 45.

Redcoe15
03-07-2009, 01:32 PM
things look better for a ottawa/vancouver expansion nearly every week
Don't be so sure about that. MLS is never going to allow both expansion bids to come from Canada, now that Vancouver is all but guaranteed one of them. This is, after all, an American based league that's looking for more American interest. That said, congratulations to Vancouver for landing a team, if the story is correct (and I have no reason to doubt it).

As for the SSG, she looks cute. But you can't convince me she looks nineteen!

Shway
03-07-2009, 02:09 PM
^^you always got something good to say about the sunshine ....(thats good)
the day a RPB's girlfriend or maybe even wife is a sunshine girl, and people are just making a mockerey i.e troll, cartoon character lol theres going to be a bigger discussion.....

and on a side note i bet half the sunshine girls are better then people's girlfriends....

(if you take offence, then your part of the half):p

Chevy
03-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Good morning,

Dude, that's 19 in dog years.

Toronto Ruffrider
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Good morning,

Maybe she only celebrates her birthday during leap years.

Cashcleaner
03-08-2009, 05:08 AM
Don't be so sure about that. MLS is never going to allow both expansion bids to come from Canada, now that Vancouver is all but guaranteed one of them. This is, after all, an American based league that's looking for more American interest. That said, congratulations to Vancouver for landing a team, if the story is correct (and I have no reason to doubt it).

As for the SSG, she looks cute. But you can't convince me she looks nineteen!

I really disagree with your assessment here. MLS is going to give franchise to anyone who can front the money and put together a solid long-term plan. That's all there is to it. Vancouver, Ottawa, and Montreal never had marks deducted off their bids because they were Canadian cities. MLS will grant a franchise to the moon if they can come up with the franchise fee, a stadium deal, and a plan for future growth.

My hope is that we'll see team in all fours aforementioned Canadian cities by the time MLS reaches 24 clubs in total and stops further expansion. What I think will happen is Montreal will miss out entirely on MLS and Ottawa won't get one for a while.

TheresOnlyOneDeGuzman
03-08-2009, 05:09 AM
some of you are way too critical there's NOTHING wrong with that sunshine girl

EDIT:nvm i forgot how late/early it was i'm looking at sunday's SSG lol