PDA

View Full Version : Reds open against Charleston

denime
03-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Reds open against Charleston

Carolina Cup gets underway on Saturday

• Marvell Wynne on Toronto FC TV (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=410)
• Rohan Ricketts on Toronto FC TV (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=411)

Toronto FC trained at BMO Field on Friday morning before leaving for South Carolina where they will compete for the third consecutive season in the Carolina Challenge Cup at Blackbaud Stadium, Dainel Island. The tournament gets underway on Saturday with the Reds taking on hosts Charleston Battery of the United Soccer League at 7:15 p.m. The game follows the opening match of the tournament between D.C. United and real Salt Lake (kick off 5:00 p.m.).

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090306&content_id=222250&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Parkdale
03-06-2009, 11:43 AM
It's game day!!!

tomorrow

TFC OZZ
03-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Toronto won their first ever clash with Charleston Battery in the 2007 tournament as the Reds prepared for their first season in Major League Soccer. It finished 3-0 with goals from Alecko Eskandarian, Edson Buddle and Abbe Ibrahim. In the 2008 Carolina Cup, Toronto were beaten 2-0 by the Battery with both goals scored by Randi Patterson.

Wow... I completely forgot about this guy...

Keegan
03-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Toronto won their first ever clash with Charleston Battery in the 2007 tournament as the Reds prepared for their first season in Major League Soccer. It finished 3-0 with goals from Alecko Eskandarian, Edson Buddle and Abbe Ibrahim. In the 2008 Carolina Cup, Toronto were beaten 2-0 by the Battery with both goals scored by Randi Patterson.

Wow... I completely forgot about this guy...

Rich Asante, Abbe Ibrahim, Tomer Chencincki..... good times haha.

All never played with TFC past friendlies.

T_Mizz
03-06-2009, 12:26 PM
GSH-"Its football day"

DOMIN8R
03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
In case you missed it. There will be live blogs of all the Charleton games. Starting tomorrow folks.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/fans/blogs/2009/match_day.jsp

devioustrevor
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Rich Asante, Abbe Ibrahim, Tomer Chencincki..... good times haha.

All never played with TFC past friendlies.

Where is Abbe Ibrahim playing now? Frankly I'm a little surprised he wasn't good enough to make TFC.

As for Tomer Chencincki, isn't he the Canadian currently plying his trade in Moldova?

oxygenatedbrain
03-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Abbe is playing in the Ukraine, with the bottom-dweller Kharkiv...he's made even more appearances there(in the Ukraine, or as Vitti would say, Russia) this season than Vitti!

Ibrahim did make one substitute appearance for TFC...he is the guy people are referring to when they speak of the great urban legend of African players having visa problems in Canada, now being put to rest. He had no future here because he couldn't get into the country; my guess was that he had some murkiness in his past, or that he couldn't return to Togo, which would be a precondition of entry into Canada - remember, he was living with relatives in the U.S., and he would fly in to join the club in, say, KC.

Previous to Kharkiv, did'nt his wiki say he was roaming the world in search of a cure for some chronic knee problem, or something like that?

ExiledRed
03-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Abbe is playing in the Ukraine, with the bottom-dweller Kharkiv...he's made even more appearances there(in the Ukraine, or as Vitti would say, Russia) this season than Vitti!

Ibrahim did make one substitute appearance for TFC...he is the guy people are referring to when they speak of the great urban legend of African players having visa problems in Canada, now being put to rest. He had no future here because he couldn't get into the country; my guess was that he had some murkiness in his past, or that he couldn't return to Togo, which would be a precondition of entry into Canada - remember, he was living with relatives in the U.S., and he would fly in to join the club in, say, KC.

Previous to Kharkiv, did'nt his wiki say he was roaming the world in search of a cure for some chronic knee problem, or something like that?

He was a quick bastard in that competition and he scored a good goal. I think he'd have been great in the first season.

I do remember that Esky's opener was a cracker too.