PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Friday , Mar.06

denime
03-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Mornin' all Can you hear Montreal sing ? :noidea:

No TFC news for now.

Who else?
Gerry Dobson

There seems to be a feeling in some circles that since Miami is officially out of the MLS expansion sweepstakes, Vancouver has moved into the frontrunner position.

News flash: Vancouver has always been a frontrunner. Whether you believe it or not, Vancouver has been the league's No. 1 choice, almost since the day they submitted their bid last October. They've always had the money. They've always had a stadium plan. They've always had a strong organization. They exist in a soccer market with deep roots. Nothing has changed.

In fact since day one Vancouver has been the only application without any warts.

Read More (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2009/03/05/dobson_expansion/)

Stunning second-half collapse sinks Impact
By SUN WIRE SERVICES

The Montreal Impact is out of the CONCACAF Champions League after a shocking 5-2 loss to Mexican side Santos Laguna last night at Torreon in the second leg of their aggregate quarterfinal. The Impact held the advantage after winning the first leg 2-0 in Montreal on Feb. 25, but fell apart on Santos' home ground and lost by an aggregate score of 5-4. The home side scored four goals in the second half, the final two coming during four minutes of injury time.

CANADA U20 TRIO BACK
Canada will have three returning players in its bid for a berth at the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup.
Defenders Nana Attakora-Gyan of Orangeville, who plays for Toronto FC, and Kennedy Owusu-Ansah of Toronto, and forward Marcus Haber of Vancouver were included on the 20-player roster for the CONCACAF tourney in Trinidad and Tobago. All three played for the Canadian team at the 2007 FIFA U20 World Cup in Canadaread More (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/03/06/8648181-sun.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

COED (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/)

CretanBull
03-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Mark this day on the calender, the SSG is atleast as hot as the COED!

nascarguy
03-06-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm so fucker happy this morning that Montreal lost 5- 2 woooooooooooooooooooooooo

werewolf
03-06-2009, 07:13 AM

did we click on different links?

CretanBull
03-06-2009, 07:16 AM
did we click on different links?

SSG = cute
COED = low by their standards

Some slack has got to be cut, they're usually not in the same universe, today they're atleast in the same ball park!

manic.street.preacher
03-06-2009, 07:26 AM
wow, mtl that is just embarrassing

Luanda
03-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Not suprising really. Mtl was missing 5 starters from the line-up. They put up a good fight in the first half, but the second was a complete melt down. Thus beyond the starting 11, Mtl is not particularly deep.

nascarguy
03-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Mornin' all Can you hear Montreal sing ? :noidea:

No TFC news for now.

Stunning second-half collapse sinks Limpact
By SUN WIRE SERVICES
it's the limpact get it right :drinking:

Yohan
03-06-2009, 07:36 AM
i think i agree

though there's something about SSG's nose that makes her pretty... manly

and first time i've heard of a white girl named Alisha:noidea:

Eastend
03-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Seriously though, too bad for Montreal to lose it that way. I, for one, was rooting for them.

OK now, let's hear it: blah blah blah blah %^@#$&$%*&*$@#%@% blah blah blah.

Pigfynn
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Finally, now can we go back to keeping this thread about TFC and MLS news?

Fucking Limpact....it's almost worse when you make it almost to end and lose isn't it?

See you May 13th when we hand you your ass.

Shaughno
03-06-2009, 08:05 AM

Fucking Impact....it's almost worse when you make it almost to end and lose isn't it?

:lol: Amen brother.

nascarguy
03-06-2009, 08:17 AM

Fucking Impact....it's almost worse when you make it almost to end and lose isn't it?

it's limpact get it right....:D

Alarius
03-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Nice bunny tat on the SSG..

Pigfynn
03-06-2009, 08:24 AM

Fucking Limpact....it's almost worse when you make it almost to end and lose isn't it?

fixed!

rocker
03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
what, only 1 story on the impact loss? I was hoping for more! ;)

Oldtimer
03-06-2009, 08:34 AM
It's not bad that the Impact made it this far, good for Canadian soccer.

However, it also feels good that now they are out (and what an epic flameout!) and we won't have to hear anything more from them or their boastful supporters until we beat them for the Voyageurs Cup. :)

Toronto Gunner
03-06-2009, 08:37 AM
From BBC Football's site:

Beckham to extend AC Milan stay

David Beckham will stay at AC Milan until the end of the season after a 'timeshare' deal was finally agreed with Los Angeles Galaxy. The 33-year-old former England captain will then rejoin LA Galaxy for several months, before returning to Milan at the end of the year...

However, it is understood the 'timeshare' agreement means he will miss at least 17 games of this year's Major League Soccer season, which has a total of 30 matches per club, with his return to action in the United States now set to be on 18 July at the New York Shite Bulls.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7926933.stm

I've heard this story many times, but this is the first time that BBC Football has reported it as fact.

Oldtimer
03-06-2009, 08:41 AM
what, only 1 story on the impact loss? I was hoping for more! ;)

I like this headline:

Impact out after ugly late collapse

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/597489

CBC had a great quote:

The team should have done better as far as applying the basic principles, which we normally execute well," Limniatis said. "Santos Laguna showed a lot of energy — this is normal when a team scores goals — and it kept them going until the end."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/03/05/sp-impact-santos.html

Stouffville_RPB
03-06-2009, 08:43 AM

Strongly disagree. SSG today just isn't for me. COED is damn sexy today.

CretanBull
03-06-2009, 08:47 AM
^Everyone is entitled to their opinion - and every opinion that prevents the mention of the Impact or David Beckham is a very, very good opinion.

flatpicker
03-06-2009, 08:59 AM
The Montreal loss was one of the biggest blunders I have seen in sport.
I was in a mild state of shock that they let that one get away.
I'm no lover of Montreal, but damn! my stomach turned a little watching a team disintegrate like that.

S_D
03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
The Montreal loss was one of the biggest blunders I have seen in sport.
I was in a mild state of shock that they let that one get away.
I'm no lover of Montreal, but damn! my stomach turned a little watching a team disintegrate like that.

Terrible display.

Makes you wonder though how successful an MLS team can be in this competition with such limited roster sizes. 3 or 4 injuries will put a lot of pressure on any MLS team to be able to produce a quality game.

TorontoBlades
03-06-2009, 10:25 AM
the ball is round and there are 11 aside - think about the luck they had...starting with the game at BMO when the ball fell in front of the one person in the world that can't finish from half a yard out. they weren't there on merit that's for sure

S_D
03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Well the best team in the tourney won it.

TFC certainly didn't deserve to be in it and neither did Vancouver. Let's face it TFC last season left a lot to be desired as they were still building. I do have higher expectations this season though, but do not expect the other teams to roll over.

James17930
03-06-2009, 11:11 AM

David Beckham will stay at AC Milan until the end of the season after a 'timeshare' deal was finally agreed with Los Angeles Galaxy. The 33-year-old former England captain will then rejoin LA Galaxy for several months, before returning to Milan at the end of the year...

However, it is understood the 'timeshare' agreement means he will miss at least 17 games of this year's Major League Soccer season, which has a total of 30 matches per club, with his return to action in the United States now set to be on 18 July at the New York Shite Bulls.

I've heard this story many times, but this is the first time that BBC Football has reported it as fact.

This is really a pretty stupid arrangement. Do you think the Galaxy fans are really going to cheer him on and welcome him back with open arms in July?

They should have let him go for the $3 mil or whatever and been done with it.

duomaxwell
03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
On Iron Mike in the morning on 97.7 HTZ FM, they rate the sunshine girls..today they gave her the best rating they've given any of them..

honestly i don't think she is as hot...Coed is hotter...

on a side not, hearing the montreal impact collapse, it reminds me of the recent Portuguese NAtional Team collapse against Denmark when they were up 2 nil and gave up 3 goals in last 5 minutes or so including injury time...

TFC Cityboy
03-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I have never seen such one way traffic in a match -I wish we'd had access to the possession stats that Setanta and Sky use- I'd guess 90/10 over the match (99/1 2nd half).

Montreal's run was great for Canadian football, and I wanted them to go thru...having said that a loud chorus of " 4-1 and you fucked it up " will be called for in May

Roogsy
03-06-2009, 12:05 PM

LMAO!

So this is essentially a repeat of Becky's first season here where he showed up injured after finishing the season in Spain and played something like 30 seconds the rest of the season?

Well done MLS! You just got owned Limpact style!

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I have never, ever witnessed a worse collapse than what Montreal managed last night.

And with due respect to Santos, it's not like they were playing AC Milan or something either. They should have held on.

trane
03-06-2009, 12:33 PM
^ Well, Milan , this year would have gone up by 3 then subed in three players, and at each substitution we woudl have allowed another goal.

Toronto_Bhoy
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM

TFC certainly didn't deserve to be in it and neither did Vancouver. Let's face it TFC last season left a lot to be desired as they were still building. I do have higher expectations this season though, but do not expect the other teams to roll over.

Careful S_D…I pretty much said the same last night and got crapped on!

The Impact has set the bar and its very high…time for TFC to step up.

rocker
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM

TFC certainly didn't deserve to be in it .

nobody "deserves" anything. Montreal didn't "deserve" to be in it, neither did TFC or Vancouver.

If Montreal is the "best team" in the tourney, then what's TFC, who never lost to Montreal?

Montreal got in because of games between Toronto and Vancouver. Simple as that. If Montreal had beaten TFC in addition to Vancouver, then their victory in the Voyageurs Cup would have been more convincing.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
nobody "deserves" anything. Montreal didn't "deserve" to be in it, neither did TFC or Vancouver.

If Montreal is the "best team" in the tourney, then what's TFC, who never lost to Montreal?

Montreal got in because of games between Toronto and Vancouver. Simple as that. If Montreal had beaten TFC in addition to Vancouver, then their victory in the Voyageurs Cup would have been more convincing.
TFC didn't play well enough to get through. No excuses, that's all there is to it. Montreal were consistently the better team.

Marc"2L"
03-06-2009, 01:13 PM
While that is a "hot" ssg, that is not a hot 19 year old.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-06-2009, 01:19 PM
While that is a "hot" ssg, that is not a hot 19 year old.
Gotta be at least 25.

S_D
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Careful S_D…I pretty much said the same last night and got crapped on!

The Impact has set the bar and its very high…time for TFC to step up.

Well those of my mindset have already been burned in effigy lol. Already been called a traitor, told to fuck off etc..... A little bit more shit won't hurt. :D

Yes the bar has been set high and I hope TFC goes on next season. But I will still say that it will be difficult for ANY MLS team to make it very far with such limited rosters.

It is all about the points. Montreal got the most points end of. I am sure if TFC got in the same way Mtl did everyone here would be saying we deserve it because we were first in the standings, irrelevant of who we beat/tied or lost to. ;)

devioustrevor
03-06-2009, 01:35 PM
COED = low by their standards

To be fair, that appear to be just a bad pic/set. She's actually really hot. If you google her, beware. As a Penthouse Pet, most of the pics will be NSFW.

Toronto_Bhoy
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Well those of my mindset have already been burned in effigy lol. Already been called a traitor, told to fuck off etc..... A little bit more shit won't hurt. :D

S_D we need to have a drink together this summer…:drinking:

RealG-TFC
03-06-2009, 05:25 PM
That was a better comeback than turkey's!

rocker
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
2009 salaries are up.. rohan took a paycut, vitti is makin sweet coin.. barrett got a doubling in pay.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/3_2_09_salary_info_club.pdf

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm so fucker happy this morning that Montreal lost 5- 2 woooooooooooooooooooooooo

yes thank god for that....justice:canada:

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Ricketts took a pay cut... And to think that people on here questioned his desire to stay. Heh.

rocker
03-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Dero really didn't go up that much, unless allocation was used and is not included in the number listed.
Amado went up massively.. he was making something like 180K last year but this year makes 300... He must have had the lower salary last year as a probation period kind of thing, considering his past problems.
No wonder Barrett is so happy tho... 4 year deal @ double what he was making.
I wonder what Fuad does with his 108K... buy bubble gum and candy? ;)
Serioux is makin less than Marshall, and he's younger, so nice gain thing while saving $$.
Dichio is down to 120K...
I'm very surprised that Obrien White is making over 100K. what's up with dat?
Players sure can't say TFC is cheap!

devioustrevor
03-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Does MLS just give the Galaxy whatever allocations are necessary for them to stay under the cap? I'm wondering because it seems any time they trade for a player it's always allocations going the other way and even if Landycakes also counts as a DP the Galaxy are still about $300K over the cap.

Super
03-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I love that Beckham makes 5 and a half million dollars AND 8 cents per year. WTF is up with the 8 cents?

deltox
03-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Paul (Mlsintoronto) mentioned that TFC will be on GOLTV this yr and not BOLD.

he said to sign up

gtaguy
03-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Paul (Mlsintoronto) mentioned that TFC will be on GOLTV this yr and not BOLD.

he said to sign up

could this be the start of an empire..
maybe in the future we can see a taxi cab business and plots for burial with the tfc labels on them much like in argentina with boca juniors..

dag
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
All those tattoos on the SSG would make for great target practice.

:yum: