PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know Souleymane Maman? Rumoured to be on trial.

Blizzard
03-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't know what to think of this although this fellow was going to sign with Birmingham City but he couldn't get a work permit and prior to that had been with Royal Antwerp on loan from Manchester United.

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/WTPS/0,,10412~1416947,00.html (http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/WTPS/0,,10412%7E1416947,00.html)

Ya, it's only Wiki but ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souleymane_Mamam

Somebody mentioned him over at Big Soccer so I looked him up. No I did not make the change to his Wiki page!

wzhxvy
03-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Interesting...

dantdot
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
That info added to the wiki page is from someone with Bell.

tfc
03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
That info added to the wiki page is from someone with Bell.

that narrows it down :D

Ossington Mental Youth
03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
sounds awesome, pretty decent pedigree, that would mean theres still a move or two to be made

tfc
03-05-2009, 07:16 PM
What I find interesting about this news is that he is a midfielder ... Do we really need another?!

Maybe this means Johann is out?

anto7
03-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I cannot remember which thread it was in but either earlier this week or late last week somebody on here was asking questions about a Manchester United player who was on loan at Antwerp. When the said person was pushed as to why he wanted to know he hinted that he may be on trial with us. If that person is reading this perhaps they could enlighten us more.

Keegan
03-05-2009, 07:31 PM
ive heard Gabe Gala might be out!!! I would be SO pissed.

Because Gabe isnt with the U20 team anymore for world cup qualifications! He has been replaced on the roster by Teal Bunbury and speculation from the Vs board says he needs to sort stuff out or something.

Hmph good to see we are developing Gambian talent..... not. Gala was not a weak point on last years team nor the year before he was impressive when given the chance. He is a teen why should he be cut? He is a toronto boy also....
Cut Smith or Ibrahim before Gala.

MartinUtd
03-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Do you want to win or develop Canadians?

Nazzer
03-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Win with Canadians that have been developed from within

anto7
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
I cannot remember which thread it was in but either earlier this week or late last week somebody on here was asking questions about a Manchester United player who was on loan at Antwerp. When the said person was pushed as to why he wanted to know he hinted that he may be on trial with us. If that person is reading this perhaps they could enlighten us more.
The guy who started the MUFC/Antwerp loan player questions was Jeffro118(Does anyone here know of a Young Man U winger recently on loan in Belgium? Antwerp I think?).
Jeffro, what's the scoop, do you know something ?

rocker
03-05-2009, 08:02 PM
speculation from the Vs board says he needs to sort stuff out or something.
He is a teen why should he be cut? .

I don't understand your comments here. They seem to be contradictory. can you explain more about the situation?

If Gala needs to "sort stuff out or something" then he wasn't cut from TFC or the U-20 team.

He left. am i misinterpreting something?

Blizzard
03-05-2009, 08:06 PM

What if the two goals are not immediately mutually inclusive? Are you ok with not winning for a year or two or three while we develop our young Canadians?

Pachuco
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
ive heard Gabe Gala might be out!!! I would be SO pissed.

Because Gabe isnt with the U20 team anymore for world cup qualifications! He has been replaced on the roster by Teal Bunbury and speculation from the Vs board says he needs to sort stuff out or something.

Hmph good to see we are developing Gambian talent..... not. Gala was not a weak point on last years team nor the year before he was impressive when given the chance. He is a teen why should he be cut? He is a toronto boy also....

Oh boy, that's all I can say.

Brooker
03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
say his name 3 times fast. try.

Pigfynn
03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Where's sec117? he'll know

Azerban
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
What if the two goals are not immediately mutually inclusive? Are you ok with not winning for a year or two or three while we develop our young Canadians?

That's an easy answer.

No.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Id be pretty disappointed if we were pushing Gala out but if he has to sort ish out, dont blame mo for trying to replace him

Super Cereal
03-05-2009, 11:56 PM
The guy who started the MUFC/Antwerp loan player questions was Jeffro118(Does anyone here know of a Young Man U winger recently on loan in Belgium? Antwerp I think?).
Jeffro, what's the scoop, do you know something ?

Wasn't Jeffro the one that reported a CB signing of something?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Jeffro has dropped some hints in the past that led somewhere

Super Cereal
03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Jeffro has dropped some hints in the past that led somewhere

Thought so.

This guy seems to come from some good places. Attacking mid? Makes me wonder if they're preparing for when Amado leaves. (Is he leaving once his contract runs out after this season? I thought I heard that, but should probably ask first...)

ExiledRed
03-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Blizzard,

How about we field the best possible team, with the best possible canadians filling the canadian slots, and try to win the league at the same time?

Toronto's immediate success will have a wider impact on canadian footy than the development of a few kids who may or may not be destined for higher leagues anyway. The academy is in place, the kids are already making heroes out of players like DeRo and Brennan, and taking soccer more seriously. I'll bet my life there are kids choosing it as their sport at school, over hockey or other sports, when they wouldnt have before.

TFC's very existence has created a platform for Montreal to shine in the international scene and pushed the Whitecaps into progressing from their level also.
There's no denying that TFC has made football in this country better. but we are just one club in a vast nation, why should the burden of developing canadian kids fall entirely on our shoulders? and why should we sacrifice winning we're already doing so much?

Ladies Love Julius James
03-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Fuckin hell where the hell is Shag LOL

ExiledRed
03-06-2009, 12:33 AM
TFC's very existence has created a platform for Montreal to shine in the international scene

Fail

Shway
03-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I can tell you theres going to be a new player before the season...thats all i can say

(shoot everybody supposebly has an inside scoop why cant i )

Nuvinho
03-06-2009, 01:03 AM
I can tell you theres going to be a new player before the season...thats all i can say

(shoot everybody supposebly has an inside scoop why cant i )

In the words of Barry "Druggie" Bonds, "who, names, I want names, dammit, names".

hahaha.....just kidding!!!

I think there will be one more player coming in, and maybe one or two out the door.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-06-2009, 01:44 AM
Im guessing we will see one or two new fellas on the field this weekend/during the mini cup games

Shaughno
03-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Fuckin hell where the hell is Shag LOL

I'm here... creepin. :lol:

Nobody knows anything about this guy?

He was signed by United and immediately sent on loan to Antwerp due to work permit issues.

Supposedly found the football in Belgium quite boring and felt that if he didn't make a move to England his talents would diminish. He had a trial with Birmingham in August I think, to which they had hoped to sign him. Not sure if it was because of work permits or what, but it never went through. I'm pretty sure he has his Belgian passport now, not sure if that makes a difference here in Canada though. :lol:

From a McLeish interview

We have been impressed with his touch. He's a clever player. I'm not sure how dynamic he can be, but he can take a touch with his back to play, he can take the ball. He looks athletic enough to get out from the midfield.

TorontoBlades
03-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I think this is great news for the club. I don't rate Gala like apparently some of you do on this board. He has talent...not 1st team talent - even in the MLS...yet

Shaughno
03-06-2009, 09:29 AM
^^ He's a prospect no doubt, but I haven't seen enough to warrant him a place in the starting XI. Depth player at best for us right now.

Luanda
03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
^^ He's a prospect no doubt, but I haven't seen enough to warrant him a place in the starting XI. Depth player at best for us right now.

We are getting off the thread's topic. Is Maman trialing or not?

Shaughno
03-06-2009, 09:52 AM
I've heard some rumblings.

Jack
03-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Blizzard,

How about we field the best possible team, with the best possible canadians filling the canadian slots, and try to win the league at the same time?

Toronto's immediate success will have a wider impact on canadian footy than the development of a few kids who may or may not be destined for higher leagues anyway. The academy is in place, the kids are already making heroes out of players like DeRo and Brennan, and taking soccer more seriously. I'll bet my life there are kids choosing it as their sport at school, over hockey or other sports, when they wouldnt have before.

TFC's very existence has created a platform for Montreal to shine in the international scene and pushed the Whitecaps into progressing from their level also.
There's no denying that TFC has made football in this country better. but we are just one club in a vast nation, why should the burden of developing canadian kids fall entirely on our shoulders? and why should we sacrifice winning we're already doing so much?
I agree with everything you've said.

Pachuco
03-06-2009, 10:34 AM
I've heard some rumblings.

Me too, on this thread :D

djking2
03-06-2009, 11:37 AM
The club has been pretty open about our trialists this year. I can't imagine why they'd be keeping this under wraps,

Ontario Arab
03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Unless they dont want anyone else to come sniffing around.....

RedsYNWA
03-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Bottom line is Gala sucks just as hard as Melo....we have a good Canadian core already on our team in 3-5 years it will even be better with the academy etc.

djking2
03-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Unless they dont want anyone else to come sniffing around.....

Why not?

oxygenatedbrain
03-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Where's the confirmation that whatever this thread is about has anything to do with whatever Gala did to piss off Fonseca and get unselected for the u-20s?

tfc
03-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Where's the confirmation that whatever this thread is about has anything to do with whatever Gala did to piss off Fonseca and get unselected for the u-20s?

Did you read the thread? It has nothing to do with Gala at all, only that someone brought up how since Gala is out, this might be the guy who's taking over his spot.

oxygenatedbrain
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I did glance at the thread, yes...something to do with Souleymane Maman, I recall...then, hysterical postulations about Gabe Gala, then the revelation that Gala was cut from the u20s, then more about the right winger supposedly on trial, then more random shit about Gala...but I'm sure you read it, too! And then I asked (apparently to those who were going on about Gala): where's the confirmation that one has anything to do with the other, ie. it doesn't have anything to do with Gala...and then your wonderfully insightful clarification...

Blizzard
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Blizzard,

I'm not sure where we are disagreeing here?

We all want the same thing.

B

ExiledRed
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure where we are disagreeing here?

We all want the same thing.

B

I'm answering your question, about winning vs domestic development, there's no disagreement cause you didnt state your opinion when you asked the question.

rudiker
03-07-2009, 08:51 AM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/03/incoming-souleymane-mamam-philippe.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Christanval

Pachuco
03-07-2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/03/incoming-souleymane-mamam-philippe.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Christanval

Interesting, I remember Cristanval being rumoured to come to TFC before. He ended up playing 1 match in 08 due to injuries. Thank god we didn't pick him up back then. What makes Mo think it won't be the same deal this year? that guy seems to be injury ridden.