PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to see TFC play?

trane
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I am getting realy anxious, I need to see how the squad is looking on the pitch. When will we get to see a game?

[ Parky, do not gloat about going down south to see them play]

Boudge
03-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I fully agree, is the game vs KC going to be televised???

drewski
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM
not on CBC, at least not live

brad
03-05-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm sure it will be on somewhere. I'm pretty sure that every game was on last year.

buju
03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Direct Kick on dish net will carry it if you have FTA satellite

Nuvinho
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
normally the road opener is on sportsnet?? Last year I think it was.

Arnie Knows
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
My guess is TFC is trying to figure out how to squeeze them into GolTV as much as they can ..
keep it in the family ..
last year rating were terrible so I am sure the networks are not looking to pay too much to have the rights..

Steve
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
My guess is TFC is trying to figure out how to squeeze them into GolTV as much as they can ..
keep it in the family ..
last year rating were terrible so I am sure the networks are not looking to pay too much to have the rights..

I think that's a terrible idea. Keep TFC games on CBC/Sportsnet, and obtain the MLS rights for Canada with GolTV. That way I can watch other MLS games on GolTV, but we don't cut off most of the potential audience by showing it on a pay chan.

Bender
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
I think that's a terrible idea. Keep TFC games on CBC/Sportsnet, and obtain the MLS rights for Canada with GolTV. That way I can watch other MLS games on GolTV, but we don't cut off most of the potential audience by showing it on a pay chan.

Good idea. I would enjoy watching some other matchups within the MLS as well.

gmacpheetfc
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Is there not a stream at shoeless for the Charleston games?

trane
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
^ I agree but TFC is going to have to be ready to supsidise the broadcast, I do not think the networks are going to find in financially viable to broadcast with around 100,000 viewers.

ExiledRed
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Don't tell me I have to watch my local team playing on p2p sites.

That's awful.

drewski
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Is there not a stream at shoeless for the Charleston games?

you didn't get the memo? (literally, there was an email sent out haha)

no stream because some piece of equipment that was gonna be used got damaged in shipping

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10391

Pachuco
03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh god, if CBC is going to have the opener televised on CBC Bold I will lose it.

Mark in Ottawa
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh god, if CBC is going to have the opener televised on CBC Bold I will lose it.
If CBC is involved at all it is likely that they will stream games on CBC.ca while broadcasting on CBC Bold. This what they are doing for tonights Impact game.

They will broadcast on the regular CBC afterwards (midnight in the case of todays game) and my PVR is set to go ;)

Pachuco
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
If CBC is involved at all it is likely that they will stream games on CBC.ca while broadcasting on CBC Bold. This what they are doing for tonights Impact game.

They will broadcast on the regular CBC afterwards (midnight in the case of todays game) and my PVR is set to go ;)

Anyone want to start a FUCK CBC thread? :D

djking2
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM

A lot of games were on Bold last year. Your argument doesn't fly

I'm hoping it's GOL. I paid for Bold last year and would again but unlike GOL there wasn't much else of interest

Dozitwin
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Every game last season was televised (live or taped) so I woundn't expect this year to be any different.

kodiakTFC
03-05-2009, 01:28 PM
The ratings on CBC were very good, the sportsnet ratings were fair, and the score's ratings were just awful.

Pachuco
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
The ratings on CBC were very good, the sportsnet ratings were fair, and the score's ratings were just awful.

You mean ratings on CBC main network were good. I highly doubt ratings on CBC Bold were good.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-05-2009, 01:35 PM
A lot of games were on Bold last year. Your argument doesn't fly

i know alot of people who dont have bold though , including myself..... JUST PUT THAT ON REGULAR TV or dont get the rights to it, TFC a local , strongly supported team should be live on basic cable PERIOD.
If this were the raptors , and they were brand new they would be on basic cable.... The fact is that media does not like soccer , however unreflected it is in the general population here in Toronto. The ONLY thing that will change the media's view of the Worlds game is if we have some kind of a soccer revolution here, we get everyone involved to show the soccer hating media that in THIS CITY they are wrong! :canada:

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Oi, whether it's on Bold or the regular CBC, nobody can deny that out of the three networks broadcasting TFC in this country, CBC have the best coverage.

The Score simply broadcast the American feed, with terrible, biased American commentators. It doesn't surprise me at all that they got poor ratings.

Four 4 Two
03-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Anyone want to start a FUCK CBC thread? :D

YES. For more reasons than just this.....but we can certainly lead-off with this one!

BuSaPuNk
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Oi, whether it's on Bold or the regular CBC, nobody can deny that out of the three networks broadcasting TFC in this country, CBC have the best coverage.

The Score simply broadcast the American feed, with terrible, biased American commentators. It doesn't surprise me at all that they got poor ratings.

Completely agree. Those Score broadcasts were horrible!! Just shows what the american fans are putting up with, espcially when the broadcasters are even saying the leauge is mickey mouse!!

CBC broadcasts are great. No EPL or La Liga ect....but great. They have to get away from the replay when the play starts up, I hate that!! :mad:

Even if CBC were to platoon the games with sportsnet...I would be happy. But please get rid of the US feed games....if I wanted to watch shit I would watch the CFL.

Carter
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Ok guys, enough of these threads. Season opener will be played at shoeless. And the charleston questions should stop, read other threads before posting comments.

TFC TV and Parky will have video updates of the games in charleston.

And as I said before the updates I get via BBIM from others in charleston WILL BE posted on the board.

Thank you.

G
/end thread

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I fully agree, is the game vs KC going to be televised???

Anyone remember watching TFC at KC.on the big screen at BMO in season one!.....:D

IT was KC right?......damn it was cold that night!

BFin
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Thats how it should be.
Show away games and open one food vendor and a few beer vendors and BOOM...increased revenues.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Thats how it should be.
Show away games and open one food vendor and a few beer vendors and BOOM...increased revenues.

not a bad way to practice chants too!:D

BFin
03-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Also a very good thought Red Nation.

Has anyone from RPB brought it up with anyone from TFC? More than likely never going to happen, as I forgot to think of cleaning up the staidum after, but if it was kept to one section, I think it would be a great time. Like a drive in...but with booze, chants, and us assholes.

Carter
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
My only thing with that is, if you are gunna go to BMO for that why not drag your butts 2 blocks to joes and join us there, where there is food and beer? Joes is our home base for away games.

Nuff said!

ensco
03-05-2009, 03:20 PM
A hundred people are going to KC

THA BUTCHA
03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
My only thing with that is, if you are gunna go to BMO for that why not drag your butts 2 blocks to joes and join us there, where there is food and beer? Joes is our home base for away games.

Nuff said!

Nothing against JOE's (I like it there). But am I the only one that prefers to watch away games @ FOOTBALL FACTORIES. its just a nicer place and I get served faster.

BFin
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM

Nuff said!
Because I'd rather be at BMO than Joe's?? Also, we said they could open one food vendor and a couple beer vendors.
It's not a slight on Shoeless, it's another option. It's an option for people with kids who can't be at the bar past 9. It's an option for people who don't want to go to a bar. And it's an option for people who just want to feel the stadium atmosphere while watching away games.

I know it's never going to happen, but it would be a solid away game experience, and would be great for practising chants etc.

We are already one of the models of how an MLS franchise should be run, this sort of enthusiasm would only further cement that.

BFin
03-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Nothing against JOE's (I like it there). But am I the only one that prefers to watch away games @ FOOTBALL FACTORIES. its just a nicer place and I get served faster.
Where is it? Never been there?

THA BUTCHA
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
2 blocks north of king and bathurst...

ExiledRed
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM

Nuff said!

Joe's fills to capacity too quickly, and then they have bouncers checking you for membership cards. I realise this has become necessary to protect Joe's license, but it's unfortunate becasue there's a lot of us that just don't go there anymore for these reasons.

JonO
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Joe's fills to capacity too quickly, and then they have bouncers checking you for membership cards. I realise this has become necessary to protect Joe's license, but it's unfortunate becasue there's a lot of us that just don't go there anymore for these reasons.
Are you talking about after home games?? Because I've never been asked for a membership card for viewing an away game...

Bluenose13
03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Are you talking about after home games?? Because I've never been asked for a membership card for viewing an away game...It's never been over crowded for a away game. Good crowds but never full to capicity & never bouncers.

Plenty of Trout
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Guys is the Shoeless Joe's near BMO the only Shoeless that broadcasts the TFC games?

I live in the Newmarket area and I'm wondering of the Shoeless around here broadcast the games.

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-05-2009, 07:17 PM

the potential audience is not turning in...so having the games on gol and not cbc/sportnet might be a good idea..

djking2
03-06-2009, 08:12 AM
the potential audience is not turning in...so having the games on gol and not cbc/sportnet might be a good idea..

Paul's twitter says he's gonna cancel Bold cause he won't be needing it. Awesome news.

Steve
03-06-2009, 08:47 AM

Well, on the CBC network about 100k people were tuning in. Do you seriously think Gol would have anywhere close to that amount? Plus, if you're looking to grow your audience, you need your product to be accessable. GolTV is not. Sure, I can see moving to GolTV sometime in the (far) future. I can see having all other MLS games on GolTV to help grow the perception of the league amoung people who already have the channal, but moving all TFC games to GolTV now would be a poor decision (unless, of course, CBC has just decided to drop all games, in which case there's really no choice.)

Also: I'm going to be at my parents house for the KC game. They don't have GolTV and would have no interest in ordering it. Now, instead of being able to turn on the game at other people's houses and potentially increase the fanbase, we won't even be able to watch it (yes yes, "real" fans go to some specified sports bar to watch away games)

rocker
03-06-2009, 08:48 AM
http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/status/1288089628

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Paul's twitter says he's gonna cancel Bold cause he won't be needing it. Awesome news.

bold was good cause if cbc was showing another sport which seemed to be quite often bold would show the TFC live...not having bold will mean
games delayed on tv till around midmight grrrrr:(

olegunnar
03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
I bet that means when TFCgets bumped by Horse jumping or Hockey or Bird watching the games will be live on Goltv and delayed on CBC...instead of the usual live on Bold and delayed on CBC.