PDA

View Full Version : Streamers???

Section 117
03-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I was on TFC'a website and I read this regarding the supporters section:

"As a reminder though, in addition to the rules that are in place in the BMO Field Code of Conduct, all flags, banners, drums and streamers require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days, and they can’t be brought into the stadium through the gates"

I guess my questions can I bring in my own streamers???

Daveisonfire
03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
I've never had a problem with it

Section 117
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I've never had a problem with it

either have I, but what if this is something new. I am not sure as I ralerly go on their site

TFCREDNWHITE
03-04-2009, 07:22 PM
either have I, but what if this is something new. I am not sure as I ralerly go on their site

Its not new, that has been on the website for over a year now....

mlsintoronto
03-04-2009, 07:27 PM
first time I've picked up on that....streamers don't need to go through the FO - and can be brought through the gates. I'll get the site clarified.

Section 117
03-04-2009, 07:28 PM
first time I've picked up on that....streamers don't need to go through the FO - and can be brought through the gates. I'll get the site clarified.

Thanks Paul. Never really go on the site so when I saw that I wanted clarification.

Time to go stock up on my streamers!!!

Kevvv
03-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Please don't

London
03-04-2009, 07:31 PM
so paul, the rest needs clearance????

Dirk Diggler
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Please don't

I agree.

FluSH
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
but streamers are soooooooo Season 1

Blazer
03-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Sooooooooo season one!!!

FluSH
03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Bags of Urine = Season 3

comeon now...

adamdz
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Bags of Urine = Season 3

comeon now...

Hell ya, been stocking up since december!

Flipityflu
03-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Bags of Urine = Season 3

comeon now...

oh, you mean after spending the off season carefully placing my own feces into zip lock bags that we are just going with urine? very dissapointing.

FluSH
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
ooooh man... alright we have to de-rail back this thread away from the feces and urine...

:ack2:

Flipityflu
03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
oooohh, the title is streamers. i thought it was steamers...

there, i'm done now lol

Daveisonfire
03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Streamers thrown after goals or the national anthem should never be "sooo season 1"...the more action and colours going on in the stands the better imo. Red and white streamers blowing in the wind...gotta love it

As for corner kicks....sooooooooo season 1

Daveisonfire
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
To illustrate my point:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2133/2502023245_6b03c5a0b4.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazyfoto/2502023245/in/set-72157605125608937/

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/213/62/502718017/n502718017_748930_7170.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/307/tfcconfettibaloonsyy1.jpg

egoodwin
03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
meh, I'd rather not literally throw away my money at shite players

The Oz
03-04-2009, 11:15 PM

Shouldn't be throwing them at ANY players. Streamers are all fine and dandy as long as we aren't throwing them at corners or throw ins. As supporters I'd like to believe we are way past that. Although, if everyone threw a streamer at the start of the game, or when we scored. That would be awesome. If you notice now there are very few at corners to begin with. Almost NONE at the south-east end especially. So just be smart with them.

ginkster88
03-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Streamers on corners make it ten times more gut-wrenching when they score...

Daveisonfire
03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Shouldn't be throwing them at ANY players. Streamers are all fine and dandy as long as we aren't throwing them at corners or throw ins. As supporters I'd like to believe we are way past that. Although, if everyone threw a streamer at the start of the game, or when we scored. That would be awesome. If you notice now there are very few at corners to begin with. Almost NONE at the south-east end especially. So just be smart with them.

Agreed.

As for throwing away your money, they are 3 for $1 at Dollarama............

AL-MO
03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Streamers thrown after goals or the national anthem should never be "sooo season 1"...the more action and colours going on in the stands the better imo. Red and white streamers blowing in the wind...gotta love it

As for corner kicks....sooooooooo season 1

Agree 100%.

RealG-TFC
03-04-2009, 11:24 PM
omg streamers are sooo season 1. Honestly, this is the Commonwealth, we should emulate everything the English do. Only savages, like those tribal people of the south who cannot even play the gentleman's game right, do that.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2025/2145678846_88ea212d58.jpg?v=0

Savages I tells ya, savages!!

/excessive sarcasm

s2cazz
03-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I read the same thing the other day... I was starting to get worried... Anyone else notice that only 6 or 7 games in the schedule are going to be televised?

Torcida
03-04-2009, 11:36 PM
What about confetti? Can I bring confetti? Lol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KJA_h9cQBo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KJA_h9cQBo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bars92
03-05-2009, 01:38 AM
I'd like to see more red flares:drinking:

Cashcleaner
03-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Streamers for goals and maybe after the anthem. Fuck the mentality of "last season"! Yes, we overused them for the corner kicks, but they should not be discouraged outright.

RedWookie
03-05-2009, 02:03 AM
bah! streamers are old school. This year paint BMO field red...with paintballs!

Steve
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
bah! streamers are old school. This year paint BMO field red...with paintballs!

Paintball guns on corner kicks? Alright, that sound like it could word... They can't take a corner if they're blind!

Yohan
03-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Paintball guns on corner kicks? Alright, that sound like it could word... They can't take a corner if they're blind!
or in a lot of pain...

ACSertL
03-05-2009, 08:49 AM
I still think used the right way they can be an awesome sight.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9046/tifofoto47ow.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1500/tifofoto50fo.jpg

Shaughno
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Used right isn't during play or on corners though. ;)

Before the game, after the anthem, after a goal, after winning, etc.

ACSertL
03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh I agree. I didn't understand why people would still be throwing them when we're tied or down a goal. Just an invitation to run more time off the clock!

Suds
03-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Yep.

Flipityflu
03-05-2009, 11:15 AM
it would take organization to get that streamer display working. the fact is, people have made it a 'tradition' to chuck 'em during corners. i think we can do better than that, but sadly, i can't control what others do anymore than anyone else around here.

Steve
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
it would take organization to get that streamer display working. the fact is, people have made it a 'tradition' to chuck 'em during corners. i think we can do better than that, but sadly, i can't control what others do anymore than anyone else around here.

That's the problem. Because we have had a history of throwing them during corners, setting up a massive streamer TIFO would just end badly (instead of throwing them during the TIFO, many people would just keep the streamers and throw them during corner kicks). We'll essentially have to let the streamer thing die down a little (not saying people shouldn't throw them, just don't give them out indiscriminatly, and only throw them at the right time). Lead by example for a while before trying to include everyone again.

Bender
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
oh, you mean after spending the off season carefully placing my own feces into zip lock bags that we are just going with urine? very dissapointing.

too far :eek:

Hitcho
03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Why so down on streamers? It's one of the things we're known for and it's part of a vibrant, noisy, passionate crowd. You could argue that flags are soooooo season 1 as well. I say keep the streamer brigade alive. The day TFC fans lose their passion and vibrancy is the day that BMO Field becomes a duller place to watch sports.

I can see where people are copming from with the "don't drown opposing players with streamers at corners" opinions, and my sensible, football loving side is against that too. But if I am honest then my biased, TFC-supporting side would love to see that continue at key times because it has a big impact on the opposition - it disrupts their flow and can rush them into corners to avoid the streamer shower. Totally unfair and not professional and it could become a real blight on the league if everyone did it all the time, but as an isolated thing now and again reserved for the biggest wankers who come to BMO Field, I won't condemn people for it too loudly!! :D Agree that it shouldn't be a standard thing though, it was funny to start with, now it needs to be controlled.

FluSH
03-05-2009, 01:52 PM

exactly...

Flatpicker has been pimping the idea of a waterfall streamer TIFO for sometime... it might just happen

Hitcho
03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
^ that would be sweet. it'd be better from the west or east stands though, for as much of the length as could be organised. south end or one corner alone just wouldn't be as impressive. if the entire upper level of the west stand streamed in unison though, then woah...

AL-MO
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Why so down on streamers? It's one of the things we're known for and it's part of a vibrant, noisy, passionate crowd. You could argue that flags are soooooo season 1 as well. I say keep the streamer brigade alive. The day TFC fans lose their passion and vibrancy is the day that BMO Field becomes a duller place to watch sports.

I can see where people are copming from with the "don't drown opposing players with streamers at corners" opinions, and my sensible, football loving side is against that too. But if I am honest then my biased, TFC-supporting side would love to see that continue at key times because it has a big impact on the opposition - it disrupts their flow and can rush them into corners to avoid the streamer shower. Totally unfair and not professional and it could become a real blight on the league if everyone did it all the time, but as an isolated thing now and again reserved for the biggest wankers who come to BMO Field, I won't condemn people for it too loudly!! :D Agree that it shouldn't be a standard thing though, it was funny to start with, now it needs to be controlled.

Noone is against streamers. But we should now progress to use them in a different manner.

As Shaughno said above before the game, after the anthem, after goals etc can, and still should be encouraged. Throwing them on corners IS Season 1 & 2 and is getting a bit lame if you ask me.

AL-MO
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM

How about the opposing team's subs? :cool:

Captain Croatia
03-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Yes!:canada::hump:

elmo
03-05-2009, 04:24 PM

This is perfect

ExiledRed
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/facepalm.jpg

Hitcho
03-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Noone is against streamers. But we should now progress to use them in a different manner.

As Shaughno said above before the game, after the anthem, after goals etc can, and still should be encouraged. Throwing them on corners IS Season 1 & 2 and is getting a bit lame if you ask me.

I'd agree with that, subject to reserving corner streamers on rare occsions for absolute key moments or absolute key wankers from the opposition side. A wall of hostile noise and a thick deluge of streamers is intimidating if it's a rare thing, not a bad ace to keep up your sleeve, especially if someone's been flopping all game and deserves it. :D

King Tut
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM

And some smoke too..:)

Roogsy
03-05-2009, 05:35 PM

100% QFT.

We did the corner thing in season one. We owned it. It kickstarted some of the groups in the US that were stagnating. We did our job...lets move on. Streamers for celebrations now. ESPECIALLY when we make it into the playoffs and then win the Cup! :party:

Dirk Diggler
03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
If people are so desperate to use streamers, that streamer waterfall thing before the start of play sounds like the best idea. If organized properly it will look great and if the security people take all the streamers and throw them out instead of throwing them back in the stands, there won't be any streamers during corner kicks either. Seems like a Win-win situation to me.

Flipityflu
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
too far :eek:

good thing i changed it before posting, because if that was too far...:D

Captain Croatia
03-06-2009, 12:15 AM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/facepalm.jpg

Ouch, that's the ultimate face palm there...harsh...LOL

I saw bring everything!

Streamers, Flares, Smoke, Singing, Banners, TIFO's...

AND WE NEED MORE FLAGS!:drinking:

FluSH
03-06-2009, 01:05 AM
This is still on page 2!!!

WTF

I thought by now we would be on page 8 maybe in the double digits... we are definately not back in form...

MORE BEEF

Daveisonfire
03-06-2009, 01:10 AM
I dont see why we couldn't put a streamer on every seat [or at least the back few rows] of the south end with a note attached that says..."Throw after anthems"

FluSH
03-06-2009, 01:13 AM
I dont see why we couldn't put a streamer on every seat [or at least the back few rows] of the south end with a note attached that says..."Throw after anthems"

Yeah... this would be a CHOREO/TIFO. And one that I would support... a waterfall cascade of streamers if you will

Daveisonfire
03-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah... this would be a CHOREO/TIFO. And one that I would support... a waterfall cascade of streamers if you will

Exactly...homeopener? hmm...seems like it would be a relatively easy task

s2cazz
03-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm all for flaring it up!... we need to do it... if we all stick together and are on the same page it could be done

J .
03-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Everyone buy streamers and lets go fucking mental, lets go fucking mental nah nah nah nah... nah nah nah nah!

james
03-06-2009, 02:20 AM
it would be wicked if we threw them all before the game, but problem is are stadium is always half empty at kickoff, people show up 5-10 minutes after kickoff. And its not only TFC fans who do that, Leafs, Raptors, Blue Jays and argos fans do it to and ive never understood why. In other countries the stadium is completely full like 15 or even 30 minutes before the kickoff.

james
03-06-2009, 02:24 AM

yo Flush, id say we could do it! just if people are late, cause agian usually half the stadium shows up after kickoff for some reason then i say people who are there throw the streamers for the people who are late...no streamer for them! :D