PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs. Charleston Battery

djking2
03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
OK I've a couple posts about no feed for this game on USLlive and I was assuming there would be. Does this mean no feed at Shoeless too or what? Paul? anybody?

ExiledRed
03-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Apparently they are undergoing technical difficulties...

4 days before the actual event.

Sounds like BS to me.

Pachuco
03-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Damnit I'm so annoyed. I was dying to see our team out on the pitch. Oh well, another three weeks I guess.

nascarguy
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Damnit I'm so annoyed. I was dying to see our team out on the pitch. Oh well, another three weeks I guess.
yeah me to you could all allway go down to sc I think there is still room in the house

London
03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
yeah me to you could all allway go down to sc I think there is still room in the house

in the douchehouse!!!!

Pachuco
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM

There may be room in THAT house. But when I get back I may not have a room in THIS house ;)

ExiledRed
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd like to know the real reason they're not broadcasting this, given they've done it for at least the last two years.

There are no technical difficulties that cant be fixed in the next four days, so the issue is financial.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the TFC matches streamed on TFC TV instead? Surely that's not going to bleed MLSE dry.

nascarguy
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
so I guess cbc is not sending down a guy anymore.

dantdot
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Was wondering this myself, I think CBC used the USLlive feed last year? If so, I believe it's gone kaput.

Shaughno
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM

Sounds like BS to me.

Dunno what difficulties they're having but I have a customer in North Carolina that said they were struggling to cope with the 4" of snow they got the other day. Maybe something to do with that, but still you would think plenty of time to fix whatever is wrong. :noidea:

nascarguy
03-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I'd like to know the real reason they're not broadcasting this, given they've done it for at least the last two years.

There are no technical difficulties that cant be fixed in the next four days, so the issue is financial.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the TFC matches streamed on TFC TV instead? Surely that's not going to bleed MLSE dry.yeah come on mlse pony up the money ...... hell i would pay to watch tfc play

Marco2K
03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I sent a message to mlsintoronto begging him to help us out.

Lets hope he can come thru!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-03-2009, 06:48 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the TFC matches streamed on TFC TV instead? Surely that's not going to bleed MLSE dry.

Of course it is..!

Out of all the teams playing in this thing......Us as supporters are most likely the only ones that have an interest in this anyway!:drinking:

FAC if they want to do it on the cheap....Send me and Exiled down there to do the broadcast....:drinking::drinking::drinking:

Carter
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
We've been working on this for days. It was going to happen bit a critical piece of expensive equipment was received damaged today at charleston. Unfortunately we can't find another and had to make the call today. We and the people at charleston battery, as well as USL and CBC have all been working on this but we couldn't pull it off. We're not happy about it either.

Ok thread /closed thanks!

mlsintoronto
03-03-2009, 07:25 PM

Sounds like BS to me.

Wow. Thanks for the vote of confidence. As you know I have a history if lying to supporters. It's my move. It's what I do.

Posts like this make me want to say fuck off and be done with it. But that would be unprofessional. So I won't. But I want to.

nascarguy
03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
thank you paul for all your help ....

gtaguy
03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow. Thanks for the vote of confidence. As you know I have a history if lying to supporters. It's my move. It's what I do.

Posts like this make me want to say fuck off and be done with it. But that would be unprofessional. So I won't. But I want to.

I think ppl are just pushing your buttons.. Don't take it to heart.

I think that after so many months without a tfc game were all anxious to get this season going. :hump:

Dunkers
03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I am saddened by the outcome, but not by the effort.

Thanks for the effort Paul

king dave
03-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Too bad.
I am sure you guys tried Paul and thanks so much for trying to get the feed.
Hopefully this will encourage the fence sitters to get off their ass and "make' some time to get down to Charleston for the tourney.
Me and the rest of us Charleston peeps are looking so forward to this trip you can't imagine.
What about an iphone feed?
do we need a host site?
Is it legal?
KD.

MUFC_Niagara
03-03-2009, 07:41 PM

Consider the source Paul....trust me, its not worth it.

rocker
03-03-2009, 07:47 PM

hey paul,
I had heard it was Charleston that had difficulties, not TFC, so I sure wasn't even thinking it was your fault.

so what exactly were the technical difficulties exactly? i thought the Charleston people were pros at doing this.. they do it every year no prob.

Ron Manager
03-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Paul, in defence, I read this thread before noticing you had answered questions on this in the Ask Paul thread. I had no idea you or the CBC had become involved and it is very likely Exiled did not either.
Thanks for the effort, we will miss seeing the games, maybe someone can at least live blog them??

ensco
03-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Hey Paul give Exiled a break here. I've never met the guy but he's a thoughtful poster. You have to concede, without knowing more, it was kind of strange that it couldn't be fixed with 4 days to go. I'm sure any barb was intended at beancounters who sit above you.

dantdot
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Can we get some live blogging going on?

Ladies Love Julius James
03-03-2009, 07:56 PM

you and I never see eye to eye but don't do that shit. your a valued member here and give great insight whenever you can't. Don't pay people any attention when shit like that gets spewed.

Carter
03-03-2009, 07:58 PM
I will have someone there that is willing to update me VIA BBIM, and ill post the updates to the board.

Maybe Paul can send me the odd message too.. Paul you know you have done nothing but attempt to work out the best for us the supporters, and i take my hat off to you man. We can hug it out at a later date.

BC101
03-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Consider the source Paul....trust me, its not worth it.
:hump:he knows...

Daveisonfire
03-03-2009, 08:01 PM
That's unfortunate :(
I was really looking forward to seeing the boys in action again.
Obviously the efforts are appreciated.

Maybe there is still a solution?
If the technical problem has to do with the feed being live then maybe its possible to tape the game and upload it to TFC TV afterwards?

BC101
03-03-2009, 08:03 PM
That's unfortunate :(
I was really looking forward to seeing the boys in action again.
We do appreciate the efforts of course.

Maybe there is still a solution?
If the technical problem has to do with the feed being live then maybe its possible to tape the game and upload it to TFC TV afterwards?
Moment of selfishness here... Weren't the people who wanted to pick up their tix for clownbus supposed to go to the showing at shoeless to get em? now that its not being shown now what? [/end moment of selfishness]

Ladies Love Julius James
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
For shoeless date it's the same time and date guess you won't be watching SC games that's all I believe.

Carter
03-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Moment of selfishness here... Weren't the people who wanted to pick up their tix for clownbus supposed to go to the showing at shoeless to get em? now that its not being shown now what? [/end moment of selfishness]

There is still a pick up set for March 14th at Shoeless as well. Just follow the Away trip thread BC, you should know that.. :p

BC101
03-03-2009, 08:06 PM
There is still a pick up set for March 14th at Shoeless as well. Just follow the Away trip thread BC, you should know that.. :p
try lookin didnt' see it (At first) didn't wanna search anymore LOL. OH GUUUUD.

kshep
03-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Gutted, but that leaves the weekend free for an epic Empire:Total War session guess I'll have to live with crushing the Brits and French under the heal of my Prussian army. Mwhahahaha...

Daveisonfire
03-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Gutted, but that leaves the weekend free for an epic Empire:Total War session guess I'll have to live with crushing the Brits and French under the heal of my Prussian army. Mwhahahaha...

LOL so true though

RealG-TFC

omg i must buy that!!

Is it anything close to Rise of Nations?

Roogsy

You just did! LOL! And I applaud you for it, as do probably many others.

No worries Paul, I am sure most of us realize you did your best to get it to happen.

Just see if you can get us highlights posted on TFCTV...I think that may appease the masses. All the best in Charlston.

BC101
03-03-2009, 08:12 PM

LOL so true though

omg i must buy that!!

Is it anything close to Rise of Nations?
LOL As much as I wanna talk about this with you guys....... FOR ONCE I gotta be one of those "wrong thread guys"Guys... LOL.

jloome
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM

Having a bad day Paul? Rather unlike you to get be hotheaded ;)

MUFC_Niagara
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM
You just did! LOL! And I applaud you for it, as do probably many others.

No worries Paul, I am sure most of us realize you did your best to get it to happen.

Just see if you can get us highlights posted on TFCTV...I think that may appease the masses. All the best in Charlston.

:hump:

Marco2K
03-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Not everyone has cash to spend on TFC AWAY TRIPS

Roogsy
03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Not everyone has cash to spend on TFC AWAY TRIPS

The trip to Columbus is costing me about $100. I know I am fortunate to have a job and everything...but even when I was a broke-ass student, $100 was still doeable if you really wanted to.

So we don't get to see Charlston...I am ok with that. I'd be more upset if I missed an actual regular season game.

tlear
03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Live blogging? or maybe audio stream with commentary on the web?

ExiledRed
03-03-2009, 08:33 PM

I wasn't insinuating you were lying to the supporters at all, and I think I've defended you and the absolutely stellar job you've done with TFC a hundred times before, and I wouldn't do that, if I didn't have confidence in you.

In truth I stopped reading the Dorval airport thread days ago, and hadnt realised this issue had been addressed, I didn't actually realise you were invested in the broadcast at all. As I'm just some guy posting on the internet, I dont feel any obligation to tiptoe around these issues, and threw it out there that MLSE might actually chip in to make the broadcast happen. Obviously, if I'd been aware of your responses in the other thread I might have clued in.

Anyway, you wanted to tell me to fuck off,you just did, and yes, it was unprofessional.

jloome
03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
As I mentioned in an email earlier today to a few RPBs, my understanding is the local AM station is broadcasting the game. But the local AM station, 1450 WQNT, does not stream!

However, the local ESPN radio affiliate, 910 AM, is owned by the same people, as is 1340 AM, which usually carries Battery games. So hopefully one of them will have a stream.

MUFC_Niagara
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
I wasn't insinuating you were lying to the supporters at all, and I think I've defended you and the absolutely stellar job you've done with TFC a hundred times before, and I wouldn't do that, if I didn't have confidence in you.

In truth I stopped reading the Dorval airport thread days ago, and hadnt realised this issue had been addressed, I didn't actually realise you were invested in the broadcast at all. As I'm just some guy posting on the internet, I dont feel any obligation to tiptoe around these issues, and threw it out there that MLSE might actually chip in to make the broadcast happen. Obviously, if I'd been aware of your responses in the other thread I might have clued in.

Anyway, you wanted to tell me to fuck off,you just did, and yes, it was unprofessional.

You're the one that called it BS when everyone else just expressed their dissappointment.

BuSaPuNk
03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah that is too bad about the stream. Hopefully this radio stream can come about and everything would be great. Paul don't get frustrated with all this. You have done a great job and really don't have to reach out to us supporters but you do. And I commend you for it. Great job by you and your staff. Always had us first in your quest to make this team great.

olegunnar
03-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Uh oh

Last time an outted BMO field or TFC employee had a suddenly thin skin was when BMO Field had his drama queen exit right before the Argo thing almost came to pass. Fortunately for him he had his "You guys are rude!" exit so the next week when people came here wanting answers....he wasn't around to face the music.

Now normally undercontrol and easily toying with and playing the masses mlsintoronto has a pretty dramatic outburst...hope that doesn't mean there's bad news on the horizon.

Now if he comes back and gives the "I came here out of goodwill, but you meanies are hurting my feelings and now I don't think I get the repsect I deserve so I'm not posting here anymore" reply......

We're SCREWED!

Argos
No grass
MLS folding

Can't think of worse things...oh wait...it's RPB...
No beer!

ensco
03-03-2009, 09:05 PM
With respect, a lot of people are upside down on this.

Since we don't have an effective football media in Canada (most of the journos - not all, jloome - are bootlickers to the Canadian team owners), this board and the Voyageurs board are the only places where issues get surfaced.

So, for instance, in 2007, when 100% of the media and 97% of the people on here were buying management's line that fieldturf was the way of the future, ExiledRed was one of the only people posting that Fieldturf had to go. He was basically alone on that for months. Now of course it's received wisdom, but it wasn't that way for a long time.

More recently, ExiledRed has pointed out that how the players get paid (or don't get paid) for CCL games may be the reason for their lackluster play in those games last year. Again, I suspect he will wind up being prescient on that.

Does he get wound up and go off half-cocked once in a while? Yes. Do I? Yes. Do you? Yes.

But I am telling you, people like him are critical. And while he may have made his point with too much of a pointed stick, it was and is a valid comment.

MLSE is a commercial enterprise and it's in the interest of TFC fans that they feel like their feet are in the fire. I like Paul, he absolutely does his best by us, but he's just one of many at MLSE. Some of the people above him worry me, and should worry you.

I absolutely feel that ExiledRed made a valid point, and that it was Paul who went over the top. Doesn't mean I don't think Paul is a fine person.

It's ExiledRed (and other tough, thoughtful posters), not Paul, who needs protecting.

ExiledRed
03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Uh oh

Last time an outted BMO field or TFC employee had a suddenly thin skin was when BMO Field had his drama queen exit right before the Argo thing almost came to pass. Fortunately for him he had his "You guys are rude!" exit so the next week when people came here wanting answers....he wasn't around to face the music.

Now normally undercontrol and easily toying with and playing the masses mlsintoronto has a pretty dramatic outburst...hope that doesn't mean there's bad news on the horizon.

Now if he comes back and gives the "I came here out of goodwill, but you meanies are hurting my feelings and now I don't think I get the repsect I deserve so I'm not posting here anymore" reply......

We're SCREWED!

Argos
No grass
MLS folding

Can't think of worse things...oh wait...it's RPB...
No beer!

I dont think so.

Obviously Paul has been working hard on this, and my flippant comment which was posted in ignorance and wasnt really directed at him or MLSE, rubbed him up the wrong way. I'm sorry I offended him, tbh but that happens when you take posts from random geezers like me too seriously.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I can't sneeze into a tissue without offending somebody, somewhere, and it turning into a massive unneccessary drama. Maybe people think I'm much more important than I actually am, and give my posts much more gravity than I expect they will, I don't know.

I won't be held responsible for any future abstinence by Paul though, like I said, I'm not that important, and never claimed I was either.

ExiledRed
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
And ensco,

thanks man, that meant a lot.

MG42
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM

Sounds like BS to me.

100%

The first time we were in the tournament the Battery streamed the games. They had no audio but it was better than nothing...there is no way it can't be done again...

Yohan
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
100%

The first time we were in the tournament the Battery streamed the games. They had no audio but it was better than nothing...there is no way it can't be done again...
you're assuming that Battery or USLlive or whoever streamed last yr's event profited somehow, and has vested interested of doing the stream again this year.

we dont know how much it cost to stream

MG42
03-03-2009, 09:24 PM
you're assuming that Battery or USLlive or whoever streamed last yr's event profited somehow, and has vested interested of doing the stream again this year.

we dont know how much it cost to stream

I'm not assuming anything, and I don't think they made any money doing it. From the correspondence we had with the Battery the first year they did it for the fans benefit and nothing more....

Not being able to see the tournament will make the game against KC that much better...always look on the bright side...:)

mlsintoronto
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Careful...I may start talking about my feelings!

Exiled. Sorry about that. I'm not going anywhere. I like it here.

It just gets frustrating is all. The number of times I have typed up a reply on this board and then abandoned it....this time I actually hit the 'post' button

ExiledRed
03-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Careful...I may start talking about my feelings!

Exiled. Sorry about that. I'm not going anywhere. I like it here.

It just gets frustrating is all. The number of times I have typed up a reply on this board and then abandoned it....this time I actually hit the 'post' button

See, now I don't have that problem, I just hit 'post' and put on my hardhat.

Anyway, no worries, just as long as you don't go thinking that I'm unappreciative of your work, or the fact that you actually communicate with us on here.

olegunnar
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I dont think so.

Obviously Paul has been working hard on this, and my flippant comment which was posted in ignorance and wasnt really directed at him or MLSE, rubbed him up the wrong way. I'm sorry I offended him, tbh but that happens when you take posts from random geezers like me too seriously.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I can't sneeze into a tissue without offending somebody, somewhere, and it turning into a massive unneccessary drama. Maybe people think I'm much more important than I actually am, and give my posts much more gravity than I expect they will, I don't know.

I won't be held responsible for any future abstinence by Paul though, like I said, I'm not that important, and never claimed I was either.

I was joking around.

And poking a stick at 3 people/groups 1)BMO Field and his convieniently timed exit from the boards (can you believe he got promoted? pissers issues? security issues? waterfountains? etc. etc.) 2) the people here that genuflect everytime mlsintoronto and the dearly departed BMO field post and 3) the people with a vested interest in TFC (MLSE staff /friends etc.) who hide behind anonymous handles.

so in short...a bit of a angry hijack. :drinking:

TorCanSoc
03-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Regretting a post on tha internets? Never happens.

I was cursing CBC when the Impact game was having problems. Its never anything personal, or permanant. I was not a Mo fan for two seasons, but I'm giving him credit where its due. We can all get along!!!!

sulfur
03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
100%

As I said in the other thread on this:

The second season, they streamed the games with one camera and poor audio.

My guess is that expensive piece of equipment is the one that does the magic from pictures into internet bits.

MG42
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
As I said in the other thread on this:

Actually last year the audio was pretty good with Nigel...and if you noticed in the other thread I didn't respond to your post because it doesn't have anything to do with my original statement. Thanks for playing the role though :)

Alarius
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
See, now I don't have that problem, I just hit 'post' and put on my hardhat.

Anyway, no worries, just as long as you don't go thinking that I'm unappreciative of your work, or the fact that you actually communicate with us on here.

Group hug!!!

... puts on hardhat

MUFC_Niagara
03-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Is anyone watching Paris Hilton: My Best British Friend???? THIS IS ACTUALLY A TV SHOW....are you kidding me????

Pigfynn
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Thank fuck the season's almost started because we are starting to turn into a bunch of over emotional head cases.

Bring on the sunshine, bring on the pints, bring on the Reds and yes, even bring on the smell of the turf at BMO. It's almost over boys...just a bit further.

sulfur
03-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Actually last year the audio was pretty good with Nigel...and if you noticed in the other thread I didn't respond to your post because it doesn't have anything to do with my original statement.
Actually, the one stream (USL) had piss poor audio quality, the other (CBC) actually had audio that you could hear.

And yes, this year's SC tournament is TFC's third go-around.

My point was simply that it was a single camera feed both times. Which suggests that the magic piece of equipment was the one that made everything work. That's all.

Blizzard
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Actually, the one stream (USL) had piss poor audio quality, the other (CBC) actually had audio that you could hear.

And yes, this year's SC tournament is TFC's third go-around.

My point was simply that it was a single camera feed both times. Which suggests that the magic piece of equipment was the one that made everything work. That's all.

No, they had at least two cameras but the director couldn't direct and the camera ops were barely adequate.

I was being driven crazy as the director insisted on dissolving each time he switched.

Bloody awful .... and while I like Nigel, he was one major sleepy head during those games.

king dave
03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Thank fuck the season's almost started because we are starting to turn into a bunch of over emotional head cases.

Bring on the sunshine, bring on the pints, bring on the Reds and yes, even bring on the smell of the turf at BMO. It's almost over boys...just a bit further.
Great post Hank!
KD,

RedWookie
03-03-2009, 11:52 PM

All ye follow the sayings of Pigfynn!:drinking:

Cashcleaner
03-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Guys, do we know if we can at least get a radio feed? Surely there must be some audio we can get for the match.

nascarguy
03-04-2009, 01:58 AM
parkdale tell me if this could work I have a idea of how we could get a web feed for the tfc games only.

you could just host a webcam video over msn using your video cam

or pretape the game and show the next day

BC101
03-04-2009, 02:13 AM
parkdale tell me if this could work I have a idea of how we could get a web feed for the tfc games only.

you could just host a webcam video over msn using your video cam

Holy Christ.... I am just as desperate to see TFC in action as anyone else around here, and the fact that the tourney is not on telly or on internet stream is down right disappointing, but the season proper starts in like 2 weeks can we atleast keep some fucking dignity here? Webcam FFS?!?!?WEB FUCKING CAM..........................

Cashcleaner
03-04-2009, 02:16 AM
^ I'm down with a Web cam if its doable. Seriously, I'm suffering from withdrawl.

James Oliphant
03-04-2009, 02:17 AM
BC101: Seriously. Well said.

That said, I've offered up my contacts to Paul to see if there's anything can be done to get a proper streaming broadcast back on track.

BC101
03-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Cash......... you WONT even see anything it'd be a hazy ass blur from where Parkdale sets up his laptop. I don't care how bad we miss the team its NEVER that bad... MSN Webcam FFS MSN WEBCAM think about that...

Cashcleaner
03-04-2009, 02:18 AM
^ Seriouxly? :D

Video isn't all that important, if we could get some amateur commentary it would do the trick.

James Oliphant
03-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Ha! Imagine 1000 or so TFC fans trying to tune in to one man's personal web stream. You'd be lucky to get one frame a minute.

BC101
03-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Ha! Imagine 1000 or so TFC fans trying to tune in to one man's personal web stream. You'd be lucky to get one frame a minute.
MSN webcam WTF giant MSN chat room with all of us viewing his cam? yeah right crash in less than 10 seconds. Lets try to remain dignified here seriously... TFC will be on Telly in 2 weeks time at the KO of KC. Lets not lose our melons here...

nascarguy
03-04-2009, 06:33 AM
this web feed would be for shoeless joe's only or if anythere supporter groups when in on this there going to need to tell us max of 4 to 5

or have it tape live to youtube and then play it the next day

James Oliphant
03-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Hehehehe...

nascarguy
03-04-2009, 06:49 AM
^ Seriouxly? :D

Video isn't all that important, if we could get some amateur commentary it would do the trick.
cbc is sending down a commentary his trip is all right been book so he is going down

nascarguy
03-04-2009, 06:53 AM
james can you take something from your work or anyone work at a tv station ...lol

Parkdale
03-04-2009, 07:28 AM

I'm not exactly sure what you think I said

In theory someone (no, I'm not volunteering) could set up a camera and do a cheap webcam style stream of the game. If you aren't using a real camera, it will look like shit. If you don't have a real encoder, it will look like shit. If you use a free video host, it will look like shit. That's a triple shit sandwich, and I'd rather stick needles in my eye than watch that crap for two hours.

Parkdale
03-04-2009, 07:31 AM
or have it tape live to youtube and then play it the next day

youtube has a 10 minute limit per video.

james can you take something from your work or anyone work at a tv station ...lol

^ :rolleyes:

1) pay attention, James doesn't work at a TV station at the moment.
2) TV stations probably wont let former employees 'borrow' expensive gear
3) and if making TV is so easy, then why aren't we all doing it? It can't be hard or anything.

Nascar, there's probably a better thread for your morning enjoyment.

Mikey
03-04-2009, 07:35 AM
if you can engineer a hostage situation at the game and demand they keep playing, we could all watch the match on CNN....:p

Parkdale
03-04-2009, 07:37 AM
if you can engineer a hostage situation at the game and demand they keep playing, we could all watch the match on CNN....:p

see.... now there's a practical solution! Good call!

nascarguy
03-04-2009, 07:38 AM
ok it's time to take a loan out to pay for road trips for the year....lol

ensco
03-04-2009, 09:17 AM
And ensco,

thanks man, that meant a lot.

You're welcome.

rocker
03-04-2009, 09:31 AM
youtube has a 10 minute limit per video.

So post 9 videos on Youtube then :)

jabbronies
03-04-2009, 09:35 AM
ya bunch of TFC crackheads...

CoachGT
03-04-2009, 09:40 AM
If you're filming you're not chanting!

KrazyKanadian
03-04-2009, 09:57 AM
I know everyone is frustrated with the off-season and desperate for anything TFC, but all this talk of web cams, laptops, live chats and other updates is unrealistic. Who do you expect will be arranging this? If CBC and/or the USL were going to do it, it would be done professionally, so that leaves the small group of fans going down.

While it might sound like a nice idea to get the updates to people back home, do you really expect someone to fly all that way and sacrifice their time at the game to be huddled over a laptop, and holding a handicam?

:noidea:

Pigfynn
03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Great post Hank!
KD,

Who's Hank?

Detroit_TFC
03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Maybe King Dave can do a play-by-play Twittercast from Blackbaud Stadium ...

@KD sdkewrlkwel uhgggg FUCKinngg Batter y

Just j/k KD - you're the best!

Yohan
03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
I know everyone is frustrated with the off-season and desperate for anything TFC, but all this talk of web cams, laptops, live chats and other updates is unrealistic. Who do you expect will be arranging this? If CBC and/or the USL were going to do it, it would be done professionally, so that leaves the small group of fans going down.

While it might sound like a nice idea to get the updates to people back home, do you really expect someone to fly all that way and sacrifice their time at the game to be huddled over a laptop, and holding a handicam?

:noidea:
this crazy sense of entitlement that some fans seems to have mildly amuses me

like, they expect MLSE, TFC to bend over backwards trying to satisfy demands of few hundred fans

mlsintoronto
03-04-2009, 10:08 AM
funnier thing is we ARE trying to satisfy a few hundred fans!

Parkdale
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM

it's because you care.

KrazyKanadian has a point. A very valid one.

TFC 420
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
So you're 100% positive that there won't be a feed from Charleston.

Pigfynn
03-04-2009, 10:19 AM

like, they expect MLSE, TFC to bend over backwards trying to satisfy demands of few hundred fans

Well I know they have more sense then to think like that. These particular "few hundred fans" will help create thousands more.

It's the nutters you really have to cater to if you want this club to reach it's full potential.

MG42
03-04-2009, 10:20 AM

The tournament has been streamed the last two years, it's not like everyone is asking for something new or improved here.

Look at it as a good thing that people are disapointed they can't watch TFC play in a preseason tournament, that's just how much this team means to a lot of fans.

It's unfortunate that this has happened, but the real season is starting soon enough :) Let's just hope we get a lot of pictures of TFC winning the tourney, and also the banners and flags that the supporters will have.

H Bomb
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
worst thread award

gmacpheetfc
03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
is CBC not streaming the games live like every other year?

Pigfynn
03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
^^Please read thread

KrazyKanadian
03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Let's just hope we get a lot of pictures of TFC winning the tourney, and also the banners and flags that the supporters will have.

Now I can tell you that will happen. :)

Parkdale
03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
^^Please read thread

wait..... you read the thread then post comments?

I've had it all backwards. :rolleyes:

Yohan
03-04-2009, 10:45 AM
The tournament has been streamed the last two years, it's not like everyone is asking for something new or improved here.

Look at it as a good thing that people are disapointed they can't watch TFC play in a preseason tournament, that's just how much this team means to a lot of fans.

It's unfortunate that this has happened, but the real season is starting soon enough :) Let's just hope we get a lot of pictures of TFC winning the tourney, and also the banners and flags that the supporters will have.
Any preseason friendly games being broadcasted is a BONUS.
Just because the tourney got streamed before, I dont think we should expect it to be streamed again

KrazyKanadian
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
wait..... you read the thread then post comments?

I've had it all backwards. :rolleyes:

It's kinda like speaking before thinking, eh? :D

rocker
03-04-2009, 10:51 AM
i think it's parkdale's DUTY, as the video man during the season, to post videos on Youtube from the stadium within minutes of the game ending. it's the least he could do ;)

Parkdale
03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
i think it's parkdale's DUTY, as the video man during the season, to post videos on Youtube from the stadium within minutes of the game ending. it's the least he could do ;)

lolz.

I will be doing video updates from down there, but you have to figure that it takes time to get it done, and I might be drunk after the games.

serious request though: does anyone have a Telus Mike phone? I'm on mike and could be persuaded to PTT updates as they happen.

sulfur
03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I will be doing video updates from down there, but you have to figure that it takes time to get it done, and I might be drunk after the games.
might?

with that pub there? and KD's free Boddy's? c'mon! :D

Mrs. Workie
03-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Threads like this make me laugh.....

In the words of my grade 8 teacher...

"Suck it up and deal with it"

CoachGT
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Build a bridge and get over it?????

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-04-2009, 11:23 AM
First!

Mrs. Workie
03-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Can we paint it red, white and grey?!?!?!? :lol:

MG42
03-04-2009, 11:26 AM

:lol: nice!

KrazyKanadian
03-04-2009, 11:29 AM

And you have to factor in editing time, especially the times where I'll be stealing Parky's camera to go film the local Charleston ladies.

Arnie Knows
03-04-2009, 11:32 AM

I would highly doubt you would bite the hand that feeds u :)

Maybe you just wanted to show yourteeth a little .. We know you are bossman its all good ..

TorontoBlades
03-04-2009, 11:40 AM
^ Well done...apparently Arnie does know :)

TorCanSoc
03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
:D Awesome. Instantly my new fav phrase for my kids !!!

Mrs. Workie
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
And you have to factor in editing time, especially the times where I'll be stealing Parky's camera to go film the local Charleston ladies.

You know what else you have to factor in.

PARKDALE'S ON VACATION!

Last thing he wants to do it work.

KrazyKanadian
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
The moral of the story is: Sorry, no streaming.

Carter
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
The moral of the story is: Sorry, no streaming.

I will update, the board with BBIM updates if i get them... alright. nuff said, i think i said thread /closed about 3 pages ago as well.

Mrs. Workie
03-04-2009, 01:37 PM
There. Now everyone can quit bitching ;)

/end thread

Carter
03-04-2009, 01:51 PM
There. Now everyone can quit bitching ;)

/end thread
Thanks Mel, i knew it would take you to say it. but the thread is still open i wonder why... :cool: