PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy and Milan to "Share" Beckham

Chevy
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Serie A heavyweights Milan and Los Angeles Galaxy (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/los/;_ylt=AutAZwA9rMT0Y_ypPFJnP_AXRJ54) could be about to reach an unprecedented and unique agreement involving the iconic English midfielder David Beckham.

Beckham's future has to be decided by Monday, and negotiations are continuing in an attempt to tie him to Milan past the March 10 deadline.
British media outlet Sky Sports have stated that, due to Beckham's desire to remain in Milan, together with the calcio club's interest in securing a permanent move for the player - who has taken the Italian league by storm - a "unique agreement" will be discussed this week that will see Milanese and Los Angeles outfits effectively "share" the 33-year-old.

Sky Sports indicate that the unique agreement will see Beckham stay with Milan for the rest of the Serie A season. He will then return to the Galaxy to compete for the remainder of the MLS season before moving back to Italy for what could be the final transfer of his long and illustrious career.

The move will be a new deal in world football and is already being dubbed a "time share" agreement.

One further option for Milan is to buy Beckham outright. However, some sources believe that the Rossoneri will have trouble financing the deal as LA Galaxy are unlikely to settle for anything less than €11.2 million (£10m).
The Galaxy's stance on the matter remains the same as it has done since day one. They are still adamant that Beckham will honour the initial agreement and will return State-side on March 10.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_milan_and_los&prov=goal&type=lgns

Roogsy
03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Ridiculous.

The guy is huge. But this is beyond stupid. MLS is getting the shaft. Stand up for yourselves you ninnies!

sully
03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
...and shared by England too... This idea is ridiculous...

Steve
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
"The Galaxy's stance on the matter remains the same as it has done since day one. They are still adamant that Beckham will honour the initial agreement and will return State-side on March 10."

So, what they're saying is... AC Milan thinks this is a great idea, but they haven't run it by the Galaxy yet? How is this anything close to a done deal? Moreover, what the hell do the Galaxy get out of this?

The only wrinkle I can see is the fact that the minimum loan agreement is 6 months, and there was a gentleman's agreement that Beckham would return on march 10th. AC Milan could, theoretically, decide to not honour that agreement. Of course, if they did, I would hope for some severe backlash in the football community (sure, it's just MLS, but going back on a gentleman's agreement can be VERY bad in business).

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Italian clubs can make co-ownership agreements with other Italian clubs, but I'm fairly sure they can't with foreign teams. To cite an example, for a period of time Fabio Quagliarella was co-owned by Sampdoria and Udinese.

trane
03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I like Becks, I like what he has done with Milan. But as a Milan supporter, we should be spending way more time in rejuvinating our back four, and not waste so much time in making arrangments to get another Midfielder. I just do not get the urgency on their side.

Don Julio
03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Platini will have a fit if this happens. What a farce.

nascarguy
03-02-2009, 12:00 PM
if backham does not come back and no deal has been made his bank will be made $500millon lighter by mls

Chevy
03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
It's almost as if Milan has turned the loan deal around, telling the Galaxy that he will finish the season here and then we will "loan" him back to you for the rest of your season.

Should be interesting...

nascarguy
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM
i think fifa need to step up and say something

Shakes McQueen
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
No way FIFA allows this to happen. I still think that Beckham will be back in LA, unless a transfer is worked out.

An unhappy Beckham, is still better than the rest of their team on a bad day, and still sells shirts and tickets.

How does getting him back for half a season (then losing him forever), represent a good compromise over getting him back for a full season (and then losing him forever)?

This story is either being floated by Milan, or is total bullshit.

- Scott

sully
03-02-2009, 12:24 PM
But as a Milan supporter, we should be spending way more time in rejuvinating our back four, and not waste so much time in making arrangments to get another Midfielder. I just do not get the urgency on their side.

It says in the piece above that he's "taken the Italian league by storm" - I don't really follow the Italian league much but my impression was that he was playing well enough...not spectacular but holding his own...I'm interested in your take on it.....

TFC Cityboy
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
is this even legal, this "time-share"? I guess it is, but what a joke.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Foockin Milan Wankers, They need to pony up 10million pounds and just shut up!

trane
03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
It says in the piece above that he's "taken the Italian league by storm" - I don't really follow the Italian league much but my impression was that he was playing well enough...not spectacular but holding his own...I'm interested in your take on it.....

He has done well, I understand why we would want to keep him. But he is not the best of our midfielders, nor is he what we realy lack, which is youth and defensive players, backs in particular. So when they wanted to sign him I understood it, but now in football terms, I do not get why we are pursuing this to this extent.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Italians are the kings of building something and charging Waaaaaaaaayy too much for it,

When it comes to buying something they need though, they low ball you!!

trane
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Foockin Milan Wankers, They need to pony up 10million pounds and just shut up!

The biggest wankers in Europe play at the "Marakana", how many tropthies do you have.

canadian_bhoy
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
What is the Galaxy trying to prove? Just sell him. He doesn't want to be there anymore and is leaving anyway. Save some dignity.

Roogsy
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
What is the Galaxy trying to prove? Just sell him. He doesn't want to be there anymore and is leaving anyway. Save some dignity.

I agree...but at the same time, the money should be worth it. I think that is all that is stopping this.

trane
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
^ As an MLS supporter that was my take as well, this public fight does not help them.

OneLoveOneEric
03-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Both sides seem to think they have the upper hand in this, and to me that is the result of a culture clash. In North American sports, players are generally not empowered with respect to trades -- unles you specificaly have a claus written in to your deal, you go wherever your team tells you to go, and you go when they tell you to go. In Europe, that's not the case at all. Players have to agree to all transfers, they get to re-negotiate their personal terms once they move, they can buy themselves out of their contracts, and formal transfer requests are often honoured and accepted. THis is where the conflict lies, IMO. Milan see a player who has stated clearly that he wants to stay with them, and from where they sit in Italy, they think this means they have LA by the balls. LA have Beckham under contract, and from where they sit in the USA, they own his ass!
Add to this the extra safeguards they get from the structure of MLS collective ownership, and you can quickly see why this isn't open and shut.

I_AM_CANADIAN
Platini will have a fit if this happens. What a farce.
And if it were a french club, you know he'd be pulling strings everywhere to make sure it happened. With Platini it's not what happens, it's who it happens to.

rocker
Beckham likes threesomes eh??

Shakes McQueen
03-02-2009, 12:45 PM

You don't preserve dignity by bending over to Milan, and taking whatever pittance they offer you.

Milan are apparently not willing to go higher than $3 million dollars (yes, DOLLARS), for the Galaxy's best player, and biggest revenue creator. L.A. would be insane to accept such an insulting offer.

I think they did the right thing - they indicated a willingness to deal with Milan, set their asking price, and a date a deal had to be reached by (as it isn't fair for the Galaxy to not know what their roster is going to look like, mere weeks before their season starts). Milan scoffed at all of it.

I've said this before, but I actually feel bad for the Galaxy. They did Beckham and Milan a favour in loaning him out, and what did they get in return? A fucking embarrassing media circus, and Milan trying to screw them on their deal.

It's pathetic how little contracts seem to mean these days. I'm glad LA seem to be standing their ground.

- Scott

trane
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Both sides seem to think they have the upper hand in this, and to me that is the result of a culture clash. In North American sports, players are generally not empowered with respect to trades -- unles you specificaly have a claus written in to your deal, you go wherever your team tells you to go, and you go when they tell you to go. In Europe, that's not the case at all. Players have to agree to all transfers, they get to re-negotiate their personal terms once they move, they can buy themselves out of their contracts, and formal transfer requests are often honoured and accepted. THis is where the conflict lies, IMO. Milan see a player who has stated clearly that he wants to stay with them, and from where they sit in Italy, they think this means they have LA by the balls. LA have Beckham under contract, and from where they sit in the USA, they own his ass!
Add to this the extra safeguards they get from the structure of MLS collective ownership, and you can quickly see why this isn't open and shut.

I think you hit the nail on the head, otherwise this think makes no sense from either side.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-02-2009, 12:48 PM
The biggest wankers in Europe play at the "Marakana", how many tropthies do you have.

One Champions League Trophy(European Championship)

But our team is worth like 5 bucks compared to Milan which is worth like 1 billion!!

All i'm saying is that if Milan really want him, then they should shell out the money for him!

trane
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
^ I know that. I spent my summers in Vozdovac right next to marakana, but I my family are mostly Grobari. Whose stadium is just up the road.

OneLoveOneEric
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
And I also agree with Shakes that especially in Europe, I don't even understand why teams bother renegotiating contracts anymore. You have 5 years left on a guy, you open talks and double his pay, and sign him up for 10 years. Then the next year you double his pay again and make it 15. Then he walks in the summer. Such a pointless exercise.

TorontoBlades
03-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Gax would effectively be Beckham's offseason training. It's not like the LA Galaxy are some MLS superclub outside of the eyes of a couple of MLS execs (apparently). If I were LA I'd take the offer and at least have Beckham for one more summer before fading into becoming just another San Jose or Chivas

trane
03-02-2009, 12:52 PM
OneLoveOneEric,

I agree. The problem is what do you do with a player that is sulking, that is why I felt for United in the summer when Ronaldo was carrying on.

OneLoveOneEric
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
^^^Exactly. There's nothing to do. Extending their contract is meaningless. Unless you're a coy manager like Fergie, you're pretty much fucked when this happens. You hope you can settle them back in, but if you can't, there are lots of players who aren't professional enough to suck it up and get on with it, and they'll destroy your team if you force them to stay.

BC101
03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Serie A heavyweights Milan and Los Angeles Galaxy (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/los/;_ylt=AutAZwA9rMT0Y_ypPFJnP_AXRJ54) could be about to reach an unprecedented and unique agreement involving the iconic English midfielder David Beckham.

Beckham's future has to be decided by Monday, and negotiations are continuing in an attempt to tie him to Milan past the March 10 deadline.
British media outlet Sky Sports have stated that, due to Beckham's desire to remain in Milan, together with the calcio club's interest in securing a permanent move for the player - who has taken the Italian league by storm - a "unique agreement" will be discussed this week that will see Milanese and Los Angeles outfits effectively "share" the 33-year-old.

Sky Sports indicate that the unique agreement will see Beckham stay with Milan for the rest of the Serie A season. He will then return to the Galaxy to compete for the remainder of the MLS season before moving back to Italy for what could be the final transfer of his long and illustrious career.

The move will be a new deal in world football and is already being dubbed a "time share" agreement.

One further option for Milan is to buy Beckham outright. However, some sources believe that the Rossoneri will have trouble financing the deal as LA Galaxy are unlikely to settle for anything less than €11.2 million (£10m).
The Galaxy's stance on the matter remains the same as it has done since day one. They are still adamant that Beckham will honour the initial agreement and will return State-side on March 10.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_milan_and_los&prov=goal&type=lgns

hahaha good humour...

Don Julio
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
If Beckham wants out so bad he should pay the transfer fee himself. It's his contract with the league that he wants to break, and the team he's going to is not willing to pay enough to make it worth the Galaxy's while. Pony of $7M extra, and you're gone fuckwad!

denime
03-02-2009, 12:58 PM

Maybe wankers on the Marakana pitch but in the stands biggest wankers are definitely at San Siro.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Maybe wankers on the Marakana pitch but in the stands biggest wankers are definitely at San Siro.

LOL :D

canadian_bhoy
03-02-2009, 01:03 PM
You don't preserve dignity by bending over to Milan, and taking whatever pittance they offer you.

Milan are apparently not willing to go higher than $3 million dollars (yes, DOLLARS), for the Galaxy's best player, and biggest revenue creator. L.A. would be insane to accept such an insulting offer.

I think they did the right thing - they indicated a willingness to deal with Milan, set their asking price, and a date a deal had to be reached by (as it isn't fair for the Galaxy to not know what their roster is going to look like, mere weeks before their season starts). Milan scoffed at all of it.

I've said this before, but I actually feel bad for the Galaxy. They did Beckham and Milan a favour in loaning him out, and what did they get in return? A fucking embarrassing media circus, and Milan trying to screw them on their deal.

It's pathetic how little contracts seem to mean these days. I'm glad LA seem to be standing their ground.

- Scott

If Milan really want him and he really wants to go, LAG should have played hardball and put out the word to other teams that Beckham is on the market and they will sell to the highest bidder (although there is probably a clause preventing this).

In November, Beckham has an opt out clause in his contract. You can't expect Milan to pay 10mil for a player that in 6 or 7 months will be available for FREE. Essentially, Milan is paying for April/May/August/Sept/Oct.

MLS is looking at this in terms of what they think Beckham is "Worth" rather than the reality of what he is worth in light of his contract and current status.

Despite Milan being bullies about this - LAG are still looking foolish in the media, they are looking like a micky mouse club, holding onto their cash cow for dear life (which is exactly the case).

Save face/Sell at 3M and get on with being in last place.

trane
03-02-2009, 01:17 PM

This is why I do not watch or follow Serbian/Balkan football for many, many years, people care to much about the stands, and not enough about the pitch, that is were it realy counts. I have been to San Siro and Marakana, I am not even sure who are the biggest wankers, but I am biased against you cigani/delije.

truth is that many of my childhood friends are hardcore Delije and Grobari, for my money at this time both are full of shit, and things have gone to far, in Italy as well. In the stands that is.

Steve
03-02-2009, 01:17 PM
If Milan really want him and he really wants to go, LAG should have played hardball and put out the word to other teams that Beckham is on the market and they will sell to the highest bidder (although there is probably a clause preventing this).

In November, Beckham has an opt out clause in his contract. You can't expect Milan to pay 10mil for a player that in 6 or 7 months will be available for FREE. Essentially, Milan is paying for April/May/August/Sept/Oct.

MLS is looking at this in terms of what they think Beckham is "Worth" rather than the reality of what he is worth in light of his contract and current status.

Despite Milan being bullies about this - LAG are still looking foolish in the media, they are looking like a micky mouse club, holding onto their cash cow for dear life (which is exactly the case).

Save face/Sell at 3M and get on with being in last place.

See, I would say it's the opposite, especially if Beckham comes back. AC Milan is looking like a petulant step child, holding its breath and stomping its feet when it doesn't get its way. LAG are merely making the smart choice, why is that micky mouse to you?

The answer is simple, if LAG gain more by keeping him for a year than letting him go now, they keep him. Obviously they've done the calculations, and decided $3M is not nearly enough to offset their losses. To me that looks like a smart business move. If it doesn't to you, how about this, I'll pay you $100 now, but you'll have to pay be $30 a week until August.

Edit: And yes, I agree, he isn't worth that much to AC milan because they can get him for free in 6 months. So, we have a simple case of him being worth X to AC milan, and Y to LAG. Since Y is greater than X, how do you expect AC milan to come out with the player? That's just poor economics.

Lucky Strike
03-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Very enlightening, well done. That's probably exactly why the two clubs can't agree to a transfer fee.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed how European articles write : "Player X has agreed a new deal with Liverpool" instead of "Player X has agreed to a new deal with Liverpool"? I see it everywhere. Example: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=623579&cc=5901 Every time, I think it's a typo and it bugs me. Well, it's not like it keeps me up at night or anything like that and it's not like I expect them to change it just for me, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that too.

Dave67
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
The only way any sort of a 'time share' would make sense in this story would be if it placed Beckham back at the Galaxy in 2010. Otherwise this is just an extension of a loan... isn't it?

kshep
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I'd love to see LA force Beckham back, then shelf him(without training) until his deal is up.. Don't want to be here then rot.

Suljazz
03-02-2009, 02:31 PM
sharing him, especially at his age would wear him out for the rest of the reason, too many games between milan, la, and england would equal a weaker performance on the pitch

Toronto_Bhoy
03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
As already stated, the Galaxy/MLS should just put him on the transfer list and see what kind of money is really out there for him. The market will bare the value of Beckham…not AC Milan, MLS or Golden Balls himself.

It would be really interesting to see some J-League threw their hat into the ring.

How badly do AC really want him…

TFCREDNWHITE
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
So word is that the Gal's and Milan will Share Becks, I also heard that it was not an ALL CASH deal....Does anyone know if a Milan Player will be going the Galaxy way during the first half of the season??

DVS
03-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't really understand why AC want becks so bad. Is it because KAKA and Gattuso are injured and they need another Midfielder to do what? They are not winning the Scudetto and will have a hard to to even catch up to 2nd place. They are out of the UEFA Cup.

Heck maybe its to fend off Fiorentina, Lazio and Roma to stay in a CL spot I guess.

Stryker
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Remember when Becks met Gretzky in LA? Talked about how much he admired him and he was hoping to do the same for soccer as Gretz had done for hockey.
What a load a horseshit. Galaxy did a favor to both Beckem and Milan and they both spit in LA's face.
Ac Milan was my Italian team because of my love of Gattuso. I've lost all respect for them and won't cheer for them again.
As for Beckem. I hope he doesn't make the England squad, because if he does Im cheering hard againest them whereas I was neautral before.
Lastly if he's stupid enough to play a game for LA again I hope someone does a number on him but good.

Stryker
03-03-2009, 11:21 AM
On the pitch, Beckham sees everything before everyone else,' said Ancelotti. 'His vision of play is better now than during his time in Manchester and in that respect, he has nothing to envy Kaka for.

Ancelotti followed up his praise for Beckham with criticism of Ronaldinho. The Brazil playmaker has failed to impress following his move from Barcelona with the Milan boss hinting he was not working hard enough on the training field.

Brillant! Slag two of you best players over Beckem, one of whom just gave up a chance at being the highest paid player in the world out of loyalty to your team.
Ancelotti is fucked!

trane
03-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Ancellotti has to go. Milan needs a change this Beckham thing is a sideshow.

Kooper
03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.thestar.com/article/595463

Did anyone see the Star Article? I find it shocking that the Star keeps a writer on their soccer beat who knows so little about the game and seems to dislike it and everyone affiliated with it.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Remember when Becks met Gretzky in LA? Talked about how much he admired him and he was hoping to do the same for soccer as Gretz had done for hockey.
What a load a horseshit. Galaxy did a favor to both Beckem and Milan and they both spit in LA's face.
Ac Milan was my Italian team because of my love of Gattuso. I've lost all respect for them and won't cheer for them again.
As for Beckem. I hope he doesn't make the England squad, because if he does Im cheering hard againest them whereas I was neautral before.
Lastly if he's stupid enough to play a game for LA again I hope someone does a number on him but good.
First off, how are Milan so terrible for wanting to keep a player who has played extremely well for them?

It sounds to me like you hated Beckham before he even came to LA, and now you're slagging off anything even peripherally involved with the guy.

I love how for the last two years everyone on here kept saying that Beckham hasn't really done a lot for MLS, that it was all hype and everyone's lost interest again, etc...

But now that he wants to leave, he's suddenly evil, abandoned his commitment to growing MLS (which, according to the majority on this board, was always a waste of time) and should abandon the chance to play at possibly the biggest club in the world to tour around the US with a team at the League Two level. It's like being a millionaire and buying the frozen canned orange juice instead of the real kind. You can't fault someone for wanting to play at the highest level possible. People make mistakes, and from a personal point of view, Beckham made one when he came to MLS.

Ross
03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
The one question I would like answered is how this agreement would effect LA's salary cap this year?
Personally I hope he dosn't return to LA because I could care less about him and his circus but I do care about the how the league positions this regarding the cap.
Will only half his salary count towards the cap or does all of it and Milan picks up $200K of the $400K?
Guess we will find out if it happens.

Roogsy
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Which sort of brings us down to the one lasting benefit of Beckham coming over which is the "Beckham Rule". At least teams were given the flexibility of signing a star to their roster which would never have been done before Becky came over. Couple that with a significantly higher salary cap after the current CBA expires and hopefully you have semi-decent cap room to sign talent.

Stryker
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
First off, how are Milan so terrible for wanting to keep a player who has played extremely well for them?

It sounds to me like you hated Beckham before he even came to LA, and now you're slagging off anything even peripherally involved with the guy.

I love how for the last two years everyone on here kept saying that Beckham hasn't really done a lot for MLS, that it was all hype and everyone's lost interest again, etc...

But now that he wants to leave, he's suddenly evil, abandoned his commitment to growing MLS (which, according to the majority on this board, was always a waste of time) and should abandon the chance to play at possibly the biggest club in the world to tour around the US with a team at the League Two level. It's like being a millionaire and buying the frozen canned orange juice instead of the real kind. You can't fault someone for wanting to play at the highest level possible. People make mistakes, and from a personal point of view, Beckham made one when he came to MLS.

Its about having a sense of honor for Milan. They got Beckham for nothing and when it was time to return him virtally flipped off the Galaxy and did all they could to keep him.

Yes I hate Beckham.. NOW. I paid for good seats just to see him in a friendly againest the White Caps last summer. He got paid a shit load of money to be an ambassador for soccer in America but did the exact opposite and ducked out when something better came along. That IMO is douchebaggery at its finest.

Most people did say he was all hype and they were right. Him leaving MLS isn't an issue of losing a high quality player, it's an issue of further detriment to the reputation of MLS on the international soccer stage.

jabbronies
03-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Its about having a sense of honor for Milan. They got Beckham for nothing and when it was time to return him virtally flipped off the Galaxy and did all they could to keep him.

Beckham wanted to stay. He made that clear and he left it up to Milan and the Galaxy to figure out a way for him to stay.

Yes I hate Beckham.. NOW. I paid for good seats just to see him in a friendly againest the White Caps last summer. He got paid a shit load of money to be an ambassador for soccer in America but did the exact oppisite and ducked out when something better came along. That IMO is douchebaggery at its finest.

People make mistakes. he didn't realize how crap the soccer was here and he thought his career was coming to an end. I don't blame the guy for trying to get on what could be his last World cup team by playing at the highest level of soccer possible.

Most people did say he was all hype and they were right. Him leaving MLS isn't an issue of losing a high quality player, it's an issue of further debtrament to the reputation of MLS on the international soccer stage.

The MLS has a bad rep with or without Beckham. If it's not because of the bad rep NA has with the old NASL folding, then it because of the quality of soccer being played on the field.

Stryker
03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Feel free to fly your Beckham flag all you want, thats your perogative.
I've formed my opinion and I won't be dissuaded from it.

OneLoveOneEric
03-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Becks to stay in Milan on "time share" deal.
Congrats David. Best of luck!

Detroit_TFC
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
The haters will enjoy these developments but I don't think there is any longterm damage, as long as the league accepts the lesson that having one or two marquee players on a team might increase the gate but doesn't necessarily increase the quality of play as a whole. I supported the league before Beckham because its what we have. Nothing has changed for me. It was a weird diversion as far as I am concerned.

Chevy
03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
People make mistakes. he didn't realize how crap the soccer was here and he thought his career was coming to an end. I don't blame the guy for trying to get on what could be his last World cup team by playing at the highest level of soccer possible.
-----------------

I think it was more that the Galaxy was (and is) a basket-case of an organization than the soccer being poor. Things may have been different if he landed with New England or Houston.

trane
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
The haters will enjoy these developments but I don't think there is any longterm damage, as long as the league accepts the lesson that having one or two marquee players on a team might increase the gate but doesn't necessarily increase the quality of play as a whole. I supported the league before Beckham because its what we have. Nothing has changed for me. It was a weird diversion as far as I am concerned.

That is the truth. I just hope that they do learn this.

Bobo
03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
LOL what a joke. What the hell do Milan need him for this season? They've been knocked out of the Coppa Italia and UEFA Cup and even their president admitted to their Scudetto dreams being over. I guess they need to pose some sort of interest for the rest of the season.

Arnie Knows
03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
LOL what a joke. What the hell do Milan need him for this season? They've been knocked out of the Coppa Italia and UEFA Cup and even their president admitted to their Scudetto dreams being over. I guess they need to pose some sort of interest for the rest of the season.

Playing for Champions leagues spots are pretty important .. No ??

FluSH
03-06-2009, 06:18 PM
horrible

Nuvinho
03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
So does anyone know what is the TOTAL money (money Milan will pay, and the money Becks will pony up) that LA will get for Becks??