PDA

View Full Version : There's not enough depth through the middle

[NBF]
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Centre Back and Midfield Centre are still a weakness that hasnt been addressed. I hope Mo is able to fill the need before the season ends through either Waiver Draft or from the group of trialist.

GK: 1. Sutton, 2. Edwards, 3. Frei
Right Back: 1. Wynne, 2. Attakora
Left Back: 1. Brennan, 2. Gala
Centre Back: 1. Velez, 2. Serioux, 3. Harmse, 4. "New Player"
Right Winger: 1. De Rosario, 2. J.Smith
Left Winger: 1. Ricketts, 2. Ibrahim
Midfield Centre: 1. Guevara, 2. Robinson, 3. "New Player", 4. Cronin
Strikers: 1. Barrett, 2. Vitti, 3. Dichio, 4. White, 5. Hall

:canada:Anyone at those positions would give us enough depth to make it through the Gold Cup Tournament and through Concacaf Champions League if they manage to beat Montreal Impact to win the Canadian Championship;)

ThunderTundra
02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
I think midfield is the least of our worries. While we can use more depth across the board, we need a little somethin somethin in the left and right back position though I agree.

I am really happy at the way things have turned out at striker

deschamp86
02-28-2009, 08:52 PM
De Ro can play center mid too. He's actually probably better there than on the wing.

SanStarko
02-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Every team in the MLS is going lack depth in some form though, that's what happens when you're only allowed a roster of 24 players. Which is why you need players who are able to play a variety of roles, even if it's just filling in at times.

DeRo can play anywhere in the midfield or upfront. Robbo can cover at CB. Brennan can move into midfield or cover at CB if we're desperate. Cronin has been played at RB during pre-season. Obviously the guys might not be as good in those extra positions but it stills give you that extra little bit of cover.

Although I do have a bit of a worry that even if we get this other CB in we're going to have a big jump in quality between the starting centre back pairing and the backup pairing.

Nuvinho
02-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Players who can and have played Centre mid - Robbo, DeRo, Harmse, Guevara, and Ricketts. We have enough players there.

ben_vw
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
;394408']Centre Back and Midfield Centre are still a weakness that hasnt been addressed. I hope Mo is able to fill the need before the season ends through either Waiver Draft or from the group of trialist.

GK: 1. Sutton, 2. Edwards, 3. Frei
Right Back: 1. Wynne, 2. Attakora
Left Back: 1. Brennan, 2. Gala
Centre Back: 1. Velez, 2. Serioux, 3. Harmse, 4. "New Player"
Right Winger: 1. De Rosario, 2. J.Smith
Left Winger: 1. Ricketts, 2. Ibrahim
Midfield Centre: 1. Guevara, 2. Robinson, 3. "New Player", 4. Cronin
Strikers: 1. Barrett, 2. Vitti, 3. Dichio, 4. White, 5. Hall

:canada:Anyone at those positions would give us enough depth to make it through the Gold Cup Tournament and through Concacaf Champions League if they manage to beat Montreal Impact to win the Canadian Championship;)

Actually, Ricketts is a right winger. And Ibrahim is a striker. And DeRo is usually a centre attacking midfielder (though he may play on the left with us). And Johann Smith is a left winger. And Serioux is ahead of Velez in the depth order.

Centre back, yes, one more signing is needed. Centre midfield, definitely not. Here's who can play CM: Robbo, Guevara, DeRo, Ricketts, Serioux, Cronin, Harmse

TFC_Toon
02-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Midfield is set.

:canada:

Laurignano
02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I think we need a CB as everyone talks about like a million times, but I would also like to see our CB able to play ever position on the pitch including goalie lol ;)

TFC_Toon
02-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I think we need a CB as everyone talks about like a million times, but I would also like to see our CB able to play ever position on the pitch including goalie lol ;)

One more defender is key, midfield looks set....yes?

Cashcleaner
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
The D still needs shoring up, but I'm pretty confident with the Midfield. As it was mentioned, though, there's not much we can do with the league's roster constraints.

ensco
03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Players who can and have played Centre mid - Robbo, DeRo, Harmse, Guevara, and Ricketts. We have enough players there.

Plus Serioux and Cronin.

We have issues at CB but are in fact overloaded in central midfield. My fear is that Carver will feel forced to play DeRo outside, where he was ineffective for the CMNT.

LucaGol
03-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Woulda been nice if they could have kept Rosenlund around.

Nuvinho
03-01-2009, 08:57 AM
We have 2 more roster spots left - I know one is gonna be for a CB, maybe even both of them (one vetran and one younger player).

Then it allows Mo later in the summer to make moves with Velez and Edwards.

BuSaPuNk
03-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Were set in the midfield. I would think we even have too much depth there! However we have players that can play other positions other than midfield. ie. Serioux, DeRo. We have to set our CB problem first and really only. 1 to 2 more quality CB and we have a pretty soild roster.

poppamidnight
03-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Actually, Ricketts is a right winger. And Ibrahim is a striker. And DeRo is usually a centre attacking midfielder (though he may play on the left with us). And Johann Smith is a left winger. And Serioux is ahead of Velez in the depth order.

Centre back, yes, one more signing is needed. Centre midfield, definitely not. Here's who can play CM: Robbo, Guevara, DeRo, Ricketts, Serioux, Cronin, Harmse

Exactly ben

Why did this thread start?

It is the stupidest thread ever, clearly made by someone who hasn't watched TFC consistently....

...First clue was The title (clearly we know that we have more than enough depth at the middle)
...Second is the fact the original poster screwed up too many positions

I dont mean to sound like a dick,
but I hate when such silly threads get made

I'm all for free speech and all, just not when it's based on false fact