PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Miller puts TFC at number one.

Mikey
02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Half way down the article top 5 favourite things in T.O.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_32466.aspx

canadian_bhoy
02-27-2009, 01:28 PM
I have no doubt that David Miller is a nice guy and has the best intentions - but the entire city council in toronto is a gong show. Did anyone even know that it is Toronto's 175th anniversary? I sure as hell didn't. What are the Celebrations going to be? A acoustic sesstion with Jan Arden? Maybe we can get Tom Cochran to play Life is a Highway.

KrazyKanadian
02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
He's apparently psychic too!

1. Attending a Toronto FC game at BMO Field. "Fantastic. Packed, showing the face of Toronto, people from every background, all on the same team. Not only that, this year when you go to a TFC game you're going to see the team that's going to win the championship of MLS."

TFC 420
02-27-2009, 01:34 PM
We need a banner with a picture of former T.O. mayor Mel Lastman,

Who's Better Then TFC?

NOOOOOOOBODY!

BuSaPuNk
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
^ That would be classic!!!

DRock
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Alright, TFC beat out the ferry, all right!

TFC 420
02-27-2009, 01:54 PM

Who's Better Then TFC?

NOOOOOOOBODY!
It might work as a chant as well.

Who's better then TFC?

Nooooobody!

TFC 420
02-27-2009, 01:56 PM

Who's Better Then TFC?

NOOOOOOOBODY!
It might work as a chant as well.

Who's better then TFC?

Nooooobody!

Brooker
02-27-2009, 01:56 PM
5. Going to a neighbourhood restaurant, pub or coffee shop and talking or listening to Torontonians.

roflmao bullshit

olegunnar
02-27-2009, 02:02 PM
5. Going to a neighbourhood restaurant, pub or coffee shop and talking or listening to Torontonians.

roflmao bullshit

Not getting into politics, just the statement above.

How is that bullshit?

Once again not talking about politics, but I've seen Miller around the city talking to people that come up to him and interupt him while he's doing his thing (ie not in a mayoral capacity). I've seen it on the Streetcar going to the game, I've seen it at a restaurant, and I've seen it just on the street around metro hall.

From my experience I think that his statement is defendable as the truth. Do you have different experiences to share?

Stugatzo
02-27-2009, 02:21 PM

How is that bullshit?

Once again not talking about politics, but I've seen Miller around the city talking to people that come up to him and interupt him while he's doing his thing (ie not in a mayoral capacity). I've seen it on the Streetcar going to the game, I've seen it at a restaurant, and I've seen it just on the street around metro hall.

From my experience I think that his statement is defendable as the truth. Do you have different experiences to share?

Thanks, OG....you trying to steal my job??

Cashcleaner
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Miller seems like a nice guy and he genuinely cares about Toronto FC. I disagree with pretty much everything he does politically, but he gets my respect for being a loyal sports fanatic in this town.

billyfly
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Stu - I heard you quoted this morning I believe on the Bill Carroll Show.

Bill was ripping Mr. Miller a new A-hole.

canadian_bhoy
02-27-2009, 02:26 PM

How is that bullshit?

It's rare that I will say a good thing about DM, but I do think his heart is in the right place - I think he cares. I have no doubt that he is happy to and encourages conversations with John Q public and really thinks hard about their questions and opinions.

.... but ;)

olegunnar
02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks, OG....you trying to steal my job??

No thanks

It just stuck in my head how awful it has to be having morons come up to you all the time and having to be polite and pretend like what they're saying has merit.

Stugatzo
02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Stu - I heard you quoted this morning I believe on the Bill Carroll Show.

Bill was ripping Mr. Miller a new A-hole.

What else is new?
It'd be nice if he actually brought balance to his show...alas that would mean giving BOTH sides of a story...and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

Whoop
02-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Miller seems like a nice guy and he genuinely cares about Toronto FC. I disagree with pretty much everything he does politically, but he gets my respect for being a loyal sports fanatic in this town.

Ditto.

David, how is the grass situation coming along? We have you on video promising it soon. ;)

Stugatzo
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
As Paul B. will tell you...it's being worked on.
There are some things that have to be worked out on the city's end because the original agreement called for turf for community use, but we're all confident it can happen sooner rather than later. We all want it to happen.

Whoop
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
^^
Stu, just yanking the chain.

Read in the Star about the potential for a new four pad down by the Hearn Power Plant.

Odd as it is to say, the city needs more "new" rinks. :thumbsup:

Suds
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM

Ditto!

TFC OZZ
02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
I strongly support David Miller. Glad my family held a fundraiser for him, great guy, and this is great that the Mayor of our city has as much love for TFC as we do.

tfcmanu
02-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I had a beer with mayor Miller at the old Joe Mercury at Bloor & Dundas he is a very personable person and have on occasion ran into him after TFC games and exchanged some words. :noidea:

maninb
02-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I like the Mayor...he ain't always right in my book, but he's the first guy to deliver big bucks to the City from the Feds and stand up to that a-hole Harper!!!

Detroit_TFC
02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
I have no doubt that David Miller is a nice guy and has the best intentions - but the entire city council in toronto is a gong show. Did anyone even know that it is Toronto's 175th anniversary? I sure as hell didn't. What are the Celebrations going to be? A acoustic sesstion with Jan Arden? Maybe we can get Tom Cochran to play Life is a Highway.

Can't be 1/100 as bad as Detroit. I'm dead serious that I'm thinking of moving out of Detroit due to the morons on our City Council.

mclaren
02-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Can't stand his politics whatsoever and disagree with him usually 100% politically, but you can tell he genuinely likes his football.

Roogsy
02-27-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd love to meet the Mayor one day.

I'd love to tell him he's a great TFC supporter, a nice guy...and is financially retarded. :D

Roogsy
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Welcome to 6 hours ago...LOL!

(Sorry...that was too easy...)

Beach_Red
02-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Can't be 1/100 as bad as Detroit. I'm dead serious that I'm thinking of moving out of Detroit due to the morons on our City Council.

didn't Detroit's mayor get arrested a little while ago?

jloome
02-27-2009, 07:02 PM
No thanks

It just stuck in my head how awful it has to be having morons come up to you all the time and having to be polite and pretend like what they're saying has merit.

You should try answering letters to the editor for a living.

Detroit_TFC
02-27-2009, 11:08 PM
didn't Detroit's mayor get arrested a little while ago?

Kwame Kilpatrick. Lied under oath about banging his chief of staff. Spent three months in the cooler for perjury. Now he's a convicted felon, and ex-Mayor. Good riddance, he was corrupt as hell. The current city council president is a lunatic. The only good thing is the current interim mayor is ok, he was the only competent guy on the city council but we're having a special election to pick the person to finish Kwame's term and its unlikely that guy (Ken Cockrell) will win.

I'm originally from Chicago so I'm used to messed up local politics but this place has been completely fucked since the mid 80s.

egoodwin
02-27-2009, 11:10 PM
in the sun today was a pic of Miller playing cricket wearing the STH scarf

Bloor West FC
02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
His favorite restaurant is mine as well and he lives near me still never met the guy.
But he is cool just because he loves TFC!!

Blizzard
02-28-2009, 08:36 PM
What else is new?
It'd be nice if he actually brought balance to his show...alas that would mean giving BOTH sides of a story...and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

Why start now?

Perhaps that's why his numbers are down and Andy Barrie's are at the top of the list!

B

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
It is funny to imagine that there are people in Toronto who think nostalgically about Lastman. Miller criticism is one thing (although -- if you'll permit the digression -- I have a feeling that Miller's foes can't find any real dirt to throw at him, so they run around screaming random words that are occasionally turned into Toronto Sun headlines because they happen to make entertaining puns) but Lastman nostalgia is a species of acute dementia. The man was, in no particular order: (1) a crook; (2) a deadbeat dad; (3) a serially cheating husband; (4) an idiot; and (5) a bigot. Have I left anything out?

(And, please, don't ask me to substantiate the foregoing. Some self-righteous cocksucker did that in an OT thread last year and you're free to look up my responses. Mel Lastman is a publicly verifiable dirtbag and I didn't make him that way.)

greatwhitenorf
03-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Always loved the befuddled look Lastman had on his face when reality checked in. Which then led to him uttering his favorite expression of bewilderment. Hence the wonderful nickname...

...What The Hell Mel.