PDA

View Full Version : Missing the Home Opener

KdotOdot
02-27-2009, 10:23 AM
It's true. The loudmouth in the back of 112 will NOT be present on opening day. My wife is scheduled to give birth on April 4, and the last 2 have been like fucking Swiss watches. Heres to the W. Maybe I'll get lucky twice on the same day!

Afra
02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Congratulations on the new one - hope it all goes well.

Does that mean you have tickets?

The Pope
02-27-2009, 10:26 AM
congrats Kdot

too bad about the timing though

Bloor West FC
02-27-2009, 10:27 AM
2 Wins in one day!! Sweet

Congrats!!

RedWookie
02-27-2009, 10:28 AM
It's true. The loudmouth in the back of 112 will NOT be present on opening day. My wife is scheduled to give birth on April 4, and the last 2 have been like fucking Swiss watches. Heres to the W. Maybe I'll get lucky twice on the same day!

I see no problem here. If we bring hot water and towels then you can christen the new bundle of joy at BMO with a TFC win!:D

KrazyKanadian
02-27-2009, 10:29 AM
This thread has been up for 5 whole minutes and not a single crack from Parky.

wzhxvy
02-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Congratulations...and you might have to wait to get lucky for some time :-)

drewski
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
get your wife and doctor tickets?

nothing better then getting the kid bonding with the team as early as possible

VoxPopuliCosmicum
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Congratulations + good luck. I missed the season finale last year for the same reason. You already know it's worth it.

drewski
02-27-2009, 10:40 AM
you call yourselves fans? any sports fan you gotta time this shit so it doesn't interfere with your teams season. :p LOL

Shaughno
02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Congrats Kdot, you'll be missed...well, kinda... ok, not really. Douchebag. :lol:

Yeoman
02-27-2009, 10:47 AM
eh, his reason for missing the home opener is better then mine
congrats man
i'm planning kids around the season when the time comes of course

nascarguy
02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
This thread has been up for 5 whole minutes and not a single crack from Parky.
shh he will hear you ....

nascarguy
02-27-2009, 10:52 AM
get your wife and doctor tickets?

nothing better then getting the kid bonding with the team as early as possible
yeah that a great idea

KdotOdot
02-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I was trying to convince my wife to let Danny D Deliver the baby but she's still not 100% on that.

I already gave up my ticket to my jiu jitsu coach. I couldn't say no as I feared for my life.

mlsintoronto
02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I see no problem here. If we bring hot water and towels then you can christen the new bundle of joy at BMO with a TFC win!:D

Dude - we pay for paramedics to be on-site for just this type of issue. Frankly...if you go to the hospital you may be one of many families giving birth at that time. If you come to BMO Field, I can virtually guarantee you will be first in line and will command all their attention. But...if "sharing a room" is what you're after...then sure - go to the hospital. don't say I didn't warn you.

:)

congratulations to you and the missus and best wishes!

KdotOdot
02-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Dude - we pay for paramedics to be on-site for just this type of issue. Frankly...if you go to the hospital you may be one of many families giving birth at that time. If you come to BMO Field, I can virtually guarantee you will be first in line and will command all their attention. But...if "sharing a room" is what you're after...then sure - go to the hospital. don't say I didn't warn you.

YO!! That is a fucking BRILLIANT IDEA!!!! I'm sending the link to my wife right now.

rocker
02-27-2009, 11:09 AM
giving birth would be a great halftime show. symbolizes the new season beginning :)

RedWookie
02-27-2009, 11:11 AM
cant get a better mascot that that

H Bomb
02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
giving birth would be a great halftime show. symbolizes the new season beginning :)

yeah we can get some crowning on the jumbotron. help the food go down easier

cant get a better mascot that that

a gooey infant?:D

Kevvv
02-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Tie-in with Jack Astors, TFC's newest fan contest

Blazer
02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Is anyone else here concerned that Kdot is reproducing?! ~jab, jab~ ;)

RedWookie
02-27-2009, 11:36 AM
yeah we can get some crowning on the jumbotron. help the food go down easier

a gooey infant?:D

All fear the TFC Goo ballers!

SilverSamurai
02-27-2009, 11:43 AM

The man has a point...
I say tell the baby to wait until after the game. But hey that's just me.

Anyways congrats.
Although if you gave birth at BMO, you could raise it a la Caesar in Rome and than have a christening with streamers!:D

KdotOdot
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Is anyone else here concerned that Kdot is reproducing?! ~jab, jab~ ;)

At anstounding rate at that, 3 kids in 4 years! I'm the Ol' Dirty Bastard of TFC supporters.

RedWookie
02-27-2009, 11:46 AM
The man has a point...
I say tell the baby to wait until after the game. But hey that's just me.

Anyways congrats.
Although if you gave birth at BMO, you could raise it a la Caesar in Rome and than have a christening with streamers!:D

or go Lion King style and have the RPB sing circle of life in the background as you pronounce him king (and spend 18 years with intense soccer training)

Afra
02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
At anstounding rate at that, 3 kids in 4 years! I'm the Ol' Dirty Bastard of TFC supporters.

Atta boy! Fill up the stands with supporters - make sure to teach them the songs!

Mark in Ottawa
02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Congrats! Here's hoping all goes well.
Next up... the RPB baby naming contest?

Or have you already got that one covered? ;)

Didn't I hear that during one of the EPL games last week they had a cab sitting on standby because one of the players wifes was expecting? If the bench got the call it was sub time and away he was gonna go!!

JonO
02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
But do they all have the same mom?

KdotOdot
02-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Ok maybe not ODB more like Helio Gracie because it's the same mom. Poor woman.

I sitll have no clue if it's a boy or a girl. If it's a girl we'll name her Ania, if it's a boy I'm REALLY trying to push Fedor as a boys name. It has to be a slavic name. Maybe Andrei?

Whats a good slavic boys name? TFC needs more Eastern Eurpoean talent!!

Gobi
02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
i'm planning kids around the season when the time comes of course

Me too.

Edit:

Dude - we pay for paramedics to be on-site for just this type of issue. Frankly...if you go to the hospital you may be one of many families giving birth at that time. If you come to BMO Field, I can virtually guarantee you will be first in line and will command all their attention.

Noted! :)

Whoop
02-27-2009, 12:03 PM
^^
Is there something Koryo should know about? :D

Whoop
02-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Kdot - Slavic names - Dimitri, Dragan, Yuri (Juri)

AL-MO
02-27-2009, 12:09 PM

Welcome to the club of people not going to be there for the home opener!

And congrats on the little one that is on its way.

Mark in Ottawa
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the club of people not going to be there for the home opener!

And congrats on the little one that is on its way.
Won't the hospital get concerned when the "missing the home opener" chapter holds its first meeting! :D

drewski
02-27-2009, 12:23 PM
do they let you bring a tv into the delivery room?

kodiakTFC
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
April 4th is my birthday, perhaps you should name your child "nick" after me.

Inklink
02-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Congrats! Make his/her first words "Who are ya'? Who are ya'? Who are ya'?"

:D

Mikey
02-27-2009, 01:18 PM
You could postpone the delivery with some well placed duct tape......

daner90
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I wont be at the home opener either
a) not a STH so would be tough to get tickets anyways
b) Going to see the Flyers play the senators that night...

Congrats are in order kdot

Bender
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Excuses Excuses! Nah congrats, hope everything goes well for ya.

Now.. can I have your ticket? :D

JonO
02-27-2009, 01:58 PM
do they let you bring a tv into the delivery room?They're already there at Mt Sinai...

Hitcho
02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
^ That could lead to some regrettable first words to your newborn child if Seattle score just as you're told you have a baby girl/boy and you shout "OH CRAP!".

Happily, TFC will be doing all the scoring so if anything you'll come over as all gleeful and joyous. Nice.

tfcmanu
02-27-2009, 03:00 PM
I missed last seasons home opener due to UFC in Montreal, Just sent my parents to the game and they now are fans. :)

GabrielHurl
02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
I miss the home opener as well - I'm in Houston for Wrestlemania 25

rocktml
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Always put TFC before anything else!

Hitcho
02-27-2009, 03:25 PM
^^^ were/are you guys taking part in UFC and Wrestlemania? If not, did you seriously consciously put wrestling before TFC?! Just curious...

EDIT - if you were/are taking part in UFC and wrestlemania, then edit that comment to "brilliant, best of luck, you guys rock", etc.

GabrielHurl
02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I bought Wrestlemania tickets back in November - how was I to know the TFC/MLS schedule back then?

MUFC_Niagara
02-27-2009, 04:14 PM
I bought Wrestlemania tickets back in November - how was I to know the TFC/MLS schedule back then?

Saturday in April.....there was a decent chance TFC would be playing that day. Have fun at the wraaastling though.....those are a blast!

MUFC_Niagara
02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I will be at the home opener but work midnights in Niagara at 9pm.....it's going to be tight....

BFin
02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I will be at the home opener but work midnights in Niagara at 9pm.....it's going to be tight....
Thats what she said.

The thread needed one.

RedRum
02-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Ah well, look at the positive - at least the due date isn't June 17 :D

Congrats on the soon-to-be addition to your family. My favorite slavic name: Zoran.

Hitcho
02-27-2009, 04:46 PM

Well there was a pretty decent chance but nonetheless it sucks for you that it's ended up as a clash. If it was me I'd be looking to sell the wrestling tickets because if there's one thing I do not want to miss this season it's the home opener with all those scaves and the noise from the pent up excitement at the anthem, De Ro's first game for his home town club and the sheer emotion if he does manage to score that day, especially in front of the south end.

That's not to knock you in any way though, purely a personal thing. The bottom line is, any clash with TFC games and other stuff you want/have to do is a bummer, which i think this thread illustrates quite nicely!

Try calling the wrestlemania venue and telling them it's double booked for the saturday and they'll need to move the wrestling to sunday. Just don't let them catch you - even if they're staged some of those moves look ball breakingly painful dude... :noidea:

TFC Via Buffalo
02-27-2009, 04:47 PM
I miss the home opener as well - I'm in Houston for Wrestlemania 25

Go to one of the Ring of Honor shows running Friday or Saturday while you're there. Smaller company that just got a TV deal on HDNet. Best wrestling company in North America.

GabrielHurl
02-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Go to one of the Ring of Honor shows running Friday or Saturday while you're there. Smaller company that just got a TV deal on HDNet. Best wrestling company in North America.

I'm in Houston from Friday to Tuesday. There's a Legends Fanfest thing on Friday afternoon, heading to both ROH shows, the Hall of Fame show, Mania itself and Raw the night after

:cool:

Dbl_D
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM

congrats... mine's due week of first match ;)... i went to both chivas and columbus... can't risk going to KC *sigh* a record only a few of us could say we hold... :canada:

ExiledRed
02-27-2009, 05:18 PM
My wife went into labour during the NYRB match in the first season.

I didnt answer my cell until the game was over.

Jack
02-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Kdot...you've already got two kids, bro.

It's not like she hasn't done this before :D

But in all seriousness, congrats and good luck.

Three kids? Damn!

werewolf
02-27-2009, 05:43 PM
congrats... mine's due week of first match ;)... i went to both chivas and columbus... can't risk going to KC *sigh* a record only a few of us could say we hold... :canada:
You can pull it off D!

I know I am free that weekend :D

TFC Via Buffalo
02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm in Houston from Friday to Tuesday. There's a Legends Fanfest thing on Friday afternoon, heading to both ROH shows, the Hall of Fame show, Mania itself and Raw the night after

:cool:

Very nice. Didn't think I'd find another ROH fan on these boards.

Baggio2TFC
02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
My wife is due March 19th!!! Close to the Season opener!! Gonna be a toss up!! Hope all goes well bro, sorry your gonna miss the Home Opener!! But getting lucky ywice on the same day would be sweet!!

ExiledRed
02-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Unless she's scheduled herself for a C-section on that date, there is absolutely no guarantee that the baby will see fit to join the world on April 4th.

Even if the first two came exactly as expected, I'm willing to bet a beer that the baby will arrive a day or two early just because you've planned to be there on the 4th.

You can pony up the beer on opening day :)

FluSH
02-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Congratz man!~ I don't know how you're going to cope... After the second one I said no more... haha

Mark in Ottawa
02-28-2009, 02:42 PM
My wife went into labour during the NYRB match in the first season.

I didnt answer my cell until the game was over.
Is that how you got yourself "Exiled"? ;)

TFC RealDeal RPB
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
That would be sweet but how would the wife feel about that :canada:

Red CB Toronto
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Congrats on the soon to be birth, missing the opener is not the end of the world, just enjoy the moment.

RedWookie
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
That would be sweet but how would the wife feel about that :canada:

happy for the kicking to stop I would imagine. possibly tired?:D