PDA

View Full Version : Robbo: We shouldn't struggle for goals this season

Oldtimer
02-27-2009, 08:52 AM
We shouldn't struggle for goals this season... by Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson

Published Date: 26 February 2009
By Carl Robinson
AFTER our third week of training in Toronto we travelled to Miami for our second trip away. We arrived over the weekend but went straight into some training.

Some of our play was great, with passing and movement all over the place, and this looks to be a very promising season for us as we have built on last year with more quality in the side, although it is still early stages.

What made it even better was that I managed to score, as did Dwayne de Rosario and Pablo Vitti, two of our new signings. I get the feeling this year we won't be struggling for goals or chances as we have done in the last two years.

http://www.countytimes.co.uk/columnists/We-shouldn39t-struggle-for-goals.5020861.jp

Eastend
02-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I always love reading this as it is from a player directly.

Brooker
02-27-2009, 11:04 AM
During the trip I got too see what South Beach is all about. I always thought that those golden beaches and clear warm water was just in films, but this is beautiful.

lol.

Troll
02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Always enjoy reading his articles. Also enjoyed him the few times he's been in the Score's studios.

I'm hoping he picks up a studio job in Toronto when his playing days are done.

Bender
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
This seasons forecast: Goals.

billyfly
02-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Goals in July would be nice. Haven't seen too many of those in the past.

ua-kozak_TFC
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM
yea he;s a great guy and gives an insider perspective, which is always good. yet i don;t think it;s anything that we didn't know already. And he's writting is decent at best...and i think i am being generous. Although i am the last guy to critique someone on language and writting, but yea, i don;t think he;s articles are well written...

Hitcho
02-27-2009, 03:32 PM
"I'm really excited at the moment as the manager has given me permission to fly back and see my son Milo on his first birthday this weekend. This is a big thing for me and I really appreciate it – my family is the most important thing in my life."

Congrats on the goal and happy 1st birthday to Milo Robbo!

Oldtimer
02-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Although i am the last guy to critique someone on language and writting, but yea, i don;t think he;s articles are well written...

He's an athlete, not an English major. In the UK, footballers are generally lacking higher education.

The Oz
02-27-2009, 11:12 PM
He's an athlete, not an English major. In the UK, footballers are generally lacking higher education.

its similar to some hockey players here who forgo their education to play professionally